(4) Walking around the Underworld

Broken Arrow

"The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us, and we see nothing but sand...

the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone..."

~George Eliot


They arrived upon the welcoming scream of someone near around the narrow and black dark pathway. Kai led the rest of s further into the way towards a towering building – looked more like an old, abandon castle but nothing to frighten him since this was where he belonged – the Underworld – a hateful and so much of a suffering place to be called as home but what to do, he was a demon after all.

Keeping his hands inside the pockets of his dusty denim, Kai heard Chanyeol was laughing sarcastically behind him. He walked a few steps behind from him but Kai could easily tell that Chanyeol was giggling now on a funny, bothersome figure that they noticed from the corner of their eyes. Kai tried to open his mouth, stopping him from any attempt that Chanyeol could think of to do right now but it was too late.

As the rest of the K members watched him helplessly, Chanyeol already waved up his left hand and at a blink of an eye, those slender fingers already burst out a combination of deep red and orange hue of fire from his hand. It drifted freely in the air before the fire came to engulf the figure of a human they saw just now on their left side.

“AH! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!” another ear-wrecking scream was let out by the poor human as five of them roared even a louder laughter as they watched his flesh was tortured and diced into tiny pieces by the fire.

Kai slightly hissed to them. Changing his eyes back to the front after stealing an uncomfortable glance on the suffered human. Apparently, he wasn’t a human anymore. To be honest, he was just a dead – died already long ago and was thrown down into this Hell to accept his punishment. This was what this place is all about – pain, tears and screams were the enjoyment for each and everyone of the devils. They loved watching how the deads were tortured inside here. The same went for Kai but he just thought Chanyeol shouldn’t be that silly but adding up the punishment to the dead just now by burning him with his own power – controlling the fire. Kai shrugged, he knew how playful and foolish Chanyeol can be.

“Ah...so you’re here...” as soon as they stepped inside the deserted and quiet hall, the K members were greeted by a familiar boring and monotone voice of their senior. Kai tilted his head, scanning around and caught sight of Minho sitting by the small corner of the area. He walked straight to him while the other five started taking a stroll inside the hall.

“Where’s Onew, hyung?” Kai asked him, didn’t bother to at least care for his current condition though they haven’t been meeting for quite 400 years now. Minho smirked to him, shaking his head lightly.

“I know you’re eager to find out what’s going on here but Onew isn’t the messenger...our big daddy sent me instead to give you this...” as he explained, Kai raised his right hand and caught an envelope colored in faded grey as it flew straight to him.

He eyed the envelope, frowning on it as he flipped it back and forth. Then a warm hand wrapped around his neck as Suho had already stood next to him. His eyes focused curiously on the envelope too.

“What is this, hyung? A new task?” he looked up to Minho and the man snorted. “You know the answer...”

Minho stood up as he walked down from the chair and paced pass both Kai and Suho to leave them. Suho glanced back to him through his shoulder. “Does anyone can take this task?”

Minho stopped by the door of the hall when Suho questioned him and he darted his lazy eyes back to Suho. Sehun and Kyungsoo had also joined in with Suho, eyeing their mysteriously quiet senior while Chanyeol and Baekhyun skipped their way like a couple of dumb kids towards Kai.

They poked their heads together on the envelope as they exchanged curious looks between them. Kai felt like giving those two a nice smack each on their heads but he ended up sighing slowly. Then his attention flickered back to Minho when he said,

“Yeah...it’s up to all of you if you wanna take the task personally or not...but I have to remind you that this time, it’s not going to be easy...the human girl...there’s someone really strong and powerful is actually watching over her yet she just not notice it...that’s why I need someone even more powerful to lure her...I know that ‘someone’ is among the six of you...so yeah, feel free to decide on it...”

Just like that, Minho disappeared by the door into the darkness of the Hell. Suho looked back to Kai and he had started pulling out a single piece of paper from inside of it. As he read on the detail written there, Kai furrowed even more.

“Huh? Is Minho hyung kidding us? We don’t need to lure this human girl...she’s already a lost badass...I thought I saw her almost every night inside the club...” Baekhyun commented, chuckling as he saw the picture of their new target human.

Chanyeol nodded his head in agreement to Baekhyun’s opinion just now but Kai thought of something else. There’s someone really strong and powerful is actually watching over her... Strange. But as Minho’s reminder echoed again in his head, Kai was determined to take the challenge. He was somehow drown into it. Everytime he looked down on the picture of the human girl, he involuntarily recalled the moment when he bumped into a strangely sparkling girl last night inside the club.

He just got the feeling that somehow, this shining girl was connected to his target. Kai held up the paper once again so close in front of his face before his lips twisted up into a smirk.

“Amber...well, leave her to me...”

-Broken Arrow-

Luhan picked up a small plate, laying a round pancake buttered with honey on top of it. He then reversed his way out from the wet kitchen but stopped beside Xiumin. Turning sideway to him, he slightly frowned when he saw how the usually cheerful man could clench his jaw so tightly.

“What’s the matter?” Luhan asked and fully turned his body to the front. Xiumin could only sigh in return as he pushed his chin towards the way of where the dining table was situated. By the time Luhan was looking there, he noticed how pale and lifeless Seohyun’s face as she sat there.

Luhan pursed his lower lip before Xiumin gave him a nod. “You should at least talk to her...”

The big, doe eyed man sighing again. He knew Xiumin and he himself couldn’t stop themselves from being worried about this new guardian angel. She was young and inexperienced yet when she had gone through the whole last night without uttering a word, now Luhan and Xiumin thought that there must be a problem.

At last, he started walking over to her and placed down the pancake in front of Seohyun on the table. She saw it, the yellowish colored breakfast and tempting sweet smell that invited her appetite in but she can’t seem to be bothered more or less by it. She chose to stay silent.

“Seohyun sshi, you should really eat something...you haven’t take anything since yesterday...your human body can’t take it and might get sick...” Seohyun furrowed. She knew that Luhan was just trying to care for her but somehow she hated the fact that she had to stay inside this human form. Seohyun thought that human was so vulnerable – have to eat, have to sleep – just in order to stay energetic and healthy. It was easier as an angel.

“Thank you...” but under the ticket of being polite and grateful for Luhan’s attempt to be her best caretaker here on Earth, that was the least she could reply. She tried to smile up to him but it dried helplessly on her lips as the thought of her target human was rushing back to her.

Xiumin ruffled his hair out of frustration and running out of patience, he elbowed Luhan to take a sit on the chairs across from her. Seohyun glanced up to him and smiled bitterly.

“I’m sorry, Xiumin oppa...I didn’t mean to make any of you feeling bad for me...” she apologized but Xiumin folded his arms across his broad chest.

“Well, unfortunately...you did make us feeling exactly like that...and it won’t stop until you at least care to tell us what is going on actually...” Luhan reached to pat Xiumin on his lap as a signal for him to not rush on the matter with Seohyun but he was a few seconds late as the words slipped freely from Xiumin’s mouth.

Seohyun bit her lips in hesitation but she decided that it would be the best to let the discomfort out from her chest. And she looked up to straighten her face towards Luhan and Xiumin. Taking a gulp of her saliva, she then started.

“I don’t know how to help her...” her voice was low and thick with disappointment. Luhan’s forehead was creased again with line of frowns.

“Tell us everything that you saw last night in the club...” he ordered, though it sounded gentle and there was no sign of forcing her there but it somehow managed to make Seohyun’s eyes started to fill with warm liquid. It caused Xiumin to slightly widen his eyes while Luhan shifted uncertainly on his seat.

“I mean...I need to know in order to help you...” Luhan added to soothe her emotion that was running wild now but Seohyun shook her head.

“No...don’t get me wrong...I’m not crying for that...I’m just...feeling hopeless...I’ve never seen a human so lost like her...I finally found her and saw that she was selling...’something’...to a bunch of men and women...” she explained, wiping away her tears that managed to escape from the corner of her eyes.

“Selling something? What is it?” it was Xiumin’s turn to ask. The two men kept their eyes focused on Seohyun as she slipped a hand inside the pocket of her white dress. She had never got out from it since yesterday because she didn’t even know how on Earth to use the bathroom.

Finally, Seohyun put down a small square shaped packet that was transparent to let everyone inside the room to see at least a handful of white powder – looked like salt – but both Luhan and Xiumin were aware that it wasn’t. In contrast, it was actually something even more dangerous and bad than just a salt.

“I have no idea what is this...I tried to approach her by buying this thing from her...it was so expensive but I just thought I need a reason to talk to her...but like usual, I failed and she ignored me...spending her whole night inside the club to sell this to everyone...” Seohyun paused, trying to control her sobs.

“I looked at all those people and I knew that she wasn’t selling something good...this thing, this powder caused everybody to lose their consciousness...they started to become dizzy and moved even wilder around the club...I knew that she caused them to...I wanted so bad to stop her but...” Seohyun stopped halfway as her voice finally broke into her tears. Her hand gripped the powder packet and squeezed it a little too tight until it ripped apart the plastic and caused its contain to spill out a bit onto her fingertips.

Luhan stared down on her. He got the feeling of how much Seohyun actually hated this sinful tiny thing for ruining her target human – a human that she appreciated the most to guardian her. Luhan gulped down.

“It’s a drug, Seohyun sshi...and just like you had watched it...it has a strong effect on human...to make them lose control of their mind and rationality...as expected, it isn’t something good...and I’ve to admit that it is indeed, very bad...Amber is obviously the drug dealer in the club then...” he concluded and made Seohyun to cry even more, her shoulders shook along with it.

Xiumin let out a heavy sigh, stretching out his hand to pat Seohyun on her dark hair as she bent down her head closer to the edge of the table. “Don’t cry, Seohyun sshi...everything is going to be fine...you gonna make it to change her into someone good again...”

“I doubt that...” Seohyun cut him out as she raised her head up again, eyes still wet with her crystal-like tears. It pained both Luhan and Xiumin to see her sobbing like that.

“I followed her after she finished her useless business in the club...I wanted to find out where she’s living but I couldn’t do it anymore after I saw her bumped into two old men...it was just a small accident! They apologized to her but she insisted to take a payback and beat both of them to dead! For God’s sake, they are just an old man! Where have her respect gone? I got so upset and I couldn’t watch it anymore...I wished Tiffany unnie was there with me so that I can ask her to heal those men but I was alone...my unnies are all not here with me...they’re not here for me...”

At instant thought of her sisters, Seohyun’s tears rolled down again on both of her cheeks. She missed them so much. It was only three days on Earth but it seemed forever to her. She was really getting used to the habit of lingering around the comfort and protection of her eight unnies until Seohyun felt totally alone when she was drowned into this trouble of being a guardian angel.

Without she realized it, Luhan had already stood up and walked over to her. He got down on his knees as he sat next to her chair and stared up through his sad eyes on her crying face. He felt the urge to smile a little though he knew that Seohyun was still in grief. He can’t help it but to admit that this little angel still looked magnificently beauty even when she was upset. Her innocent and pure tears were strangely radiating her cuteness.

Luhan sighed under his breath before he raised his right hand and placed it carefully on her shoulder. Seohyun felt his gentle touch and peered down sideway to him. He curved up a warm smile for her. He was so much as cute as her too – Xiumin thought as he watched the two.

“But you have us at least...Xiumin and I are not gonna leave you alone in this...we’ll figure this out together...Amber should be just fine soon enough...okay?” Luhan advised her, smoothing her hair softly until finally Seohyun managed to smile.

“I hope so...thanks, oppa...” she wiped away her tears while both Luhan and Xiumin grinned to her.

-Broken Arrow-

Seohyun gave her face a few blinks through the mirror. Tonight, she didn't look so different from her fashion yesterday. Just a pair of soft brown cardigan wrapped outside her knee-length evening dress that was all bought by Luhan and Xiumin from her head to her toe. She brushed a hand on her russet wavy hair that was let loose to bounce down to reach her waist.

She sighed – as simple as that she was ready to get back on her mission again. Seohyun took a deep breath, balling up her fist and walked out from her room to downstairs.

“Xiumin oppa...I’m going out for a while...” she informed him as soon as she stopped by the main door of the house. Xiumin stopped chewing on his steam bun and tilted his head back towards her from the couch he sat.

“Huh? To where?” he wiped the corner of his mouth that felt sticky because of the buns and Seohyun almost smiled a little watching his bubbly attitude. She cleared .

“Em...I’m going to the club again...I’m pretty sure that Amber will be there again tonight...you and Luhan oppa are right...I shouldn’t give up...so I’m going to find out another way to help her...” Seohyun bowed her head slightly to Xiumin before started pulling on the door’s knob but she heard Xiumin jumped off from the couch.

“No, wait! I’m coming with you...” his voice was slightly raised to stop her attempt from leaving the house first but Seohyun shook her head by the time Xiumin had already grabbed his jacket from the nearby hook pasted by the wall. He walked over to her.

“You should just stay inside, oppa...I can take care of myself...besides, I’m her guardian angel...I can handle her alone...just stay here and wait for Luhan oppa to come back...” she told him and Xiumin lowered his jacket to his knee as he peered up with serious face on Seohyun.

“Are you sure?” his eyes were clearly filled with anxiety but Seohyun grinned in return to reassure him.

“I am...now off me go, okay? I’ll see you later with Luhan oppa!” with that, Seohyun waved goodbye to him and left Xiumin watching her by the door towards her way to the night club.

By the time Seohyun arranged her way into the club, the atmosphere was still as chaotic, dark and messy as two days before. She tightened her grip on the hem of her skirt but Seohyun plugged up her courage and decided to resume searching for Amber around the club.

She walked in to the center of the dance floor as those drunken men were all turning their heads to her way with their eyes filled with lust, scanning her whole body up and down hungrily. Seohyun swallowed hard down as she wrapped her arms protectively around her upper body. She kept on walking, ignoring all the wild and dangerous eyes that continued lingering on her until her feet paused when she finally saw Amber.

There she was, standing by the long bar as Amber had her body leaned lazily against it. One of her elbow rested on top it as she was sipping slowly on her bottle of beer. Seohyun bit her lower lip, feeling her heart started breaking apart again when she watched the dreadful sight of her human girl. But of course, Amber never bought the sympathy that Seohyun got for her. Instead, she went on gulping down her sinful alcoholic drink as two men came to her and they chitchatted together for a while.

Amber was laughing so loudly until her voice was totally audible to Seohyun despite the booming music inside the whole club. Then the men were both giving a high-five before they left her by herself again. Good, it was her chance then. Seohyun thought as she nodded alone and started walking towards Amber.

“Err...Annyeong, Amber ah...” she called out her name. Amber immediately turned her head towards Seohyun when she heard a soft girl’s voice was calling for her. Her eyebrow quickly raised up when he noticed Seohyun was the same girl from the other day. She simply smirked to her in return to her greeting just now.

“You again...what do you want now? Drug?” Amber started asking her as she straightened her body. Seohyun stood motionless on her spot as she watched Amber turned her body to face the bar’s table. She picked out something from the deep of her pocket before she threw all those things on top of the table.

Seohyun shifted her eyes on them and it widened in panic when she saw those sinful powder again. Did Amber think she was coming here only to purchase the drug? That was silly!

“So tell me which one do you want...ecstasy? Morphine? You like the powder or the pill one? I have both you know...” Amber went on explaining and promoting to her but Seohyun shook her head aggressively and she stepped forward to stand next to her.

“No, stop! I’m not coming for all these dirty things...” Seohyun cut her off as she grabbed Amber by her wrist. Amber looked sideway to her and narrowed her eyes.

“Then what do you think you’re doing huh?” Amber jerked away her wrist from her touch and started collecting her drugs back into her pocket. Seohyun stayed silent, staring on her before Amber gave another sharp glare.

“If you just going to stay mute, then don’t come here to waste my time!” Amber shouted to her before she squeezed her shoulders around to walk away but Seohyun followed quickly after her.

“No, wait! That’s not what I mean...I just wanna help you...I know that you sell those drugs just to get your money...and I saw you beat down the two old men the last two days before seizing for their money...I don’t know why you’re so desperate for money but if you’re doing all these bad things just to seek for it, then let me tell you that there’re many other ways to have it...you can always find another work legally and get rid of this place...here is not just a place that you belong...” Seohyun explained in one breath to her but Amber stopped instantly on her heels and turned around.

Seohyun was stopped by her too as she slightly reversed back again when she realized that she almost bumped her body with Amber for following her so close. Amber narrowed her eyes in annoyance to her before crossing her arms and held up her chin.

“Now what? Are you following me around, stalker?” she accused her when Seohyun knew quite a lot about her secret job. Seohyun blinked her eyes upon her, at a lost for word to reply her. Finally losing her patience to wait for her, Amber groaned and turned around again to leave her but Seohyun widened her eyes.

“No, wait! I didn’t mean to interrupt your privacy...all that I want to do is to help you...please! Just let me help you, Amber ah!” Seohyun started begging to her as she ran after her and at last managed to grab Amber by her wrist from behind again.

Amber blew the impatient air out of . She bit her lips tight. She felt that she could give this busybody and nagging weird girl a punch any minute from now for barking a lot about helping her and so. Suddenly her eyes shifted furiously around the nearby tables and Amber got her eyes stopped on a group of men, sitting around the table as they were talking and laughing irritatingly. Amber smirked, she finally got an idea to get rid of Seohyun and she looked around to her.

“You really serious about helping me?” she questioned, making Seohyun to frown for the sudden change in her fearful eyes just now to a pitiful one this second. She hesitated but slowly nodded to her. Amber nodded firmly to her and seized Seohyun by her shoulder.

“Great! Then I’ll put you by a high price...” her words caused Seohyun to wildly widen her eyes in scare as she felt her weakening body was forced by Amber to start walking.

“Wait...wait, Amber ah! Where are you taking me?” Seohyun desperately asked her but it was too late for her to get the answer since both of them had already stood in front of the group of men saw by Amber just now.

Seohyun eyed those men one by one, totally frightened by their fierce and scary faces as the men their lips when they stared on her.

“Amber ah...don’t...I beg you, please...” Seohyun clung her hands tighter to Amber’s hands but she rolled her eyes and looked back to the men.

“Look at what I’ve got for all of you...you want her to entertain you? Yes, she will...she’s gonna do it the whole night...but of course with high price...pay me at least 50 thousands yen and she’s all yours...” Seohyun struggled even harder now inside Amber’s arms to free herself when she listened to her. She was selling her to the men? No way! This was so not going to happen!

The men exchanged mysterious look among them before they all burst out laughing hysterically. Seohyun shook her head and she felt warm tears had started clouding her sight. She turned looking at Amber who was smirking on those men.

“Amber ah! Please, I beg you! Don’t leave me here...don’t give me to them! Please, Amber ah...I beg you! Please!” Seohyun shook Amber by her shoulders aggressively with her tears rolled panickedly down her cheeks but Amber stared down to her with her empty and heartless eyes.

“Sorry...but you asked for it...you said you wanted to help me...and you’re right...all that I need is money...you just gonna be the ticket for me to get them...like a bunch of it?” Amber explained carelessly to her before she pushed Seohyun roughly towards the table until Seohyun was dropped straight onto it.

“Argh!” she yelped, closing her eyes when Seohyun felt the pain spreading wild inside her body when she collided with the glasses and plates on top of it. The rest four of the men roaring out with laughter again when they watched her fell while another one of them got up to Amber.

“There you go...what a beautiful chic you got for us...send us someone like her again tomorrow night, okay?” the man said as his eyes flickered lustfully back on Seohyun. She tried to get up from the table, pressing her palms against those plates but two of the men were fast enough to stop her by holding on tightly to her hands and legs.

They laughed in unison again before lifting her up from the table and threw her down to the couch that they sat just now. Seohyun screamed out loud for Amber’s name to save her but she was slapped by one of them.

“Shut the up, you !” another one got on top of her as he got Seohyun’s thighs to stuck between his own legs that was spreading wide on top of her. Seohyun was so panic and terrified that she cried out loud again despite the sting on her already reddening cheek.

“AMBER! PLEASE, HELP ME!” she begged and pleaded for her but Amber simply smirked and crumbled the mountain of money that she got inside her fist. She tapped the man earlier on his shoulder before turning away.

“Enjoy...” she said and kept her hands inside her pockets as she left Seohyun struggling hard with the five strong men. Seohyun closed her eyes tight. Deep inside her heart, she could only pray that something miracle could happen now. She truly hoped that her Father could send someone to come for her rescue right at this critical moment.

“Dear Lord...please, protect me...” she whispered between her tears and Seohyun flinched and widened her eyes in fear when she felt her cardigan was ripped off and tossed away by those men. She let out a scream on top of her lungs again but none of the people around the club seemed to bother about her.

“I told you to shut up, ! Shut it up or I’ll taser your damn mouth!” they landed another hard slap on her cheek and Seohyun felt her energy was slowly leaving her body. She gave up trying to fight against them. She might be an angel, she might be even more powerful compared to these mortals but she was too weak to go against their strength now.

Seohyun just ended up closing her eyes and listened to them as the men were all laughing after successfully torn apart her cardigan. They enjoyed staring hungrily on her bare shoulders and chest without noticing there were six pairs of legs walking towards them.

Kai stopped not very far in front of the table as Baekhyun was shaking his head next to him.

“Aigoo...what a poor little girl...they shouldn’t act that tough on such a pretty lady like her...” he commented but made no attempt to save her. Kai narrowed his eyes on Seohyun as tears kept on drenching her face.

He scanned around the club and saw Amber was dancing madly in the middle of the floor. Kai smirked but he felt too lazy to play around his target tonight. Somehow, this dazzling lady was even more attractive to him.

Without saying a word to s, Kai stepped forward and launched straight to the group. He kicked the one that was sitting on top of Seohyun and caused the man to fall downward to the floor. Kai smirked on him before his other fist flew up straight to defeat the other two who were holding Seohyun by her hands and legs respectively. Finally free from them, Seohyun pushed her body to sit up but she wasn’t allowed to breathe even for a second. Just at a blink of her eyes, Seohyun felt her body was already lifted up from the couch and Kai threw her over his shoulder, walking away.

“Yah! What are you doing?! Give her back to us!” the rest of the men barked to him but Kai paced over to s with complete calmness as Seohyun struggled for the second time to get off from Kai.

“Wait! Where are you taking me? Put me down!” he felt Seohyun’s small fists were punching him on his back but it didn’t even hurt him a little. Kai walked in the middle of his group before he nodded towards Chanyeol.

“Settle them for me...” he said and Chanyeol winked to him. “Got it, bro...”

As Kai disappeared behind the five of them with Seohyun still screaming and shouting inside his arms, Chanyeol and Sehun stood side by side as they stretched out their hands, waist and head together. Sehun smiled mischievously to Chanyeol.

“Ready, hyung?” Chanyeol made a thumb up to him. “Hell yeah...it’s been a while since I have fun with this stupid human...”

The men earlier attacked their way towards Chanyeol and Sehun but the two demons easily defeated them by getting straight on their throats. Suho was yawning while he watched in calm as his two younger brothers were hitting the men to dead while Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had already made their way to the bar, ordering for their drink instead of care too much about the fight.

-Broken Arrow-

“Put me down! I said, let go of me!” Kai couldn’t stand the loudness of her voice anymore and he dropped Seohyun lightly on her feet.

Seohyun stumbled a bit, trying to control the balance of her body but she ended up losing it again and accidentally stepped on a passerby’s foot outside the entrance of the club. The man glared around to her while Kai hissed out loud and he grabbed outward for her arm.

Kai pulled Seohyun closer to him until her body was crushed to his chest. She yelled again as he glared back when the man just now seemed to start glaring on her. But when he caught the bloodshot stare Kai gave him, he snorted and walked away.

“Hish! Get away from me!” Seohyun growled and she pushed Kai hard enough on his chest until his body reversed a step backward from her.

Seohyun looked up to him angrily as her eyes were still wet with her tears. Kai raised up his eyebrow. This girl, she was seriously something else. Sometimes she looked fragile to him and sometimes she acted like she was strong enough to fight and being stubborn against him.

Too lazy to thank him for saving her just now, Seohyun decided to just leave him without any word. She shot him a glare from the corner of her eyes before she wiped her tears with the back of her palms and walked away. Kai clicked his tongue impatiently as he watched her from behind.

Seohyun took her steps quickly – half-running and half-walking – as both of her hands struggled to gather the piece of her cardigan that left on her body to cover her shoulders. Kai narrowed his eyes sharp on her as he bit his lips. Did she think she was clever enough to get away from him? Never!

Seohyun walked as fast as her feet could carry her and her mind travelled back to the thought of her peaceful home. Right at this stressful moment, she even had an urge to just flip off her wings and fly straight to Heaven, leaving all the mad world and hardship of being a human but she understood it that she can’t possibly let down the Covenant and far not to mention, her most Gracious Father.

Seohyun cried again, tears streaming down her cheeks as she remembered the faces of her unnies, then to her new best friends here on Earth – Luhan and Xiumin – before it changed back to the face of her human girl, Amber. She tried to breathe, controlling her sobs but suddenly she felt something swept her off her feet.

Seohyun closed her eyes tight, feeling someone had wrapped a strong arm around her waist. She braved herself to open her eyes and when she did, she felt her feet touched the ground again. She remembered flying but not by her own wings. She remembered drifted through the air, moving against the sky but it happened too fast just in a strike of thunder.

Seohyun tilted her head around and she jumped a bit when the first thing she saw was him – the man who saved her just now. Kai was standing so close behind her that her face was only at equal level of his neck. She looked up to him, meeting his stern gaze on her.

Seohyun gulped down . How come he was here with her? Seohyun thought she left him in front of the club just now. And when Seohyun scanned around them, she was aware in shock that they were no longer nearby the street of the club but instead, Kai and her were standing in the middle of a thick forest.

Aggressively, Seohyun cracked her neck around to stare back on Kai. His face looked so empty though he was still frowning on her. This boy was definitely no human at all. How come he was able to bring her so fast here? Kai saw the questioning and confused look drawn on her pretty face and he snorted.

He knew what she might be thinking now. Of course he could move her so fast like that. He got the ability to teleport anyone with him, remember? It just that Seohyun had not yet know whom he really was.

-Broken Arrow-

“What’s with all the cloak?” Taeyeon walked side by side with BoA and Changmin until they stopped by the edge of the Garden of Eden.

That was when Kris looked up upon hearing her voice. The M members were all bowing down to greet their higher rank seniors among the Covenant. Changmin didn’t straightly answer her instead, he patted Kris on his shoulder.

“So, are you ready?” he sought for his assurance and Kris smiled thinly to him. “I guess, I am...I don’t have any other choice after all...”

BoA’s eyebrow creased with confusion as she checked on Changmin’s face. “Wait up...ready for what?” and Taeyeon nodded in agreement.

“Yeah...at least don’t leave my question without answer like that too...it’s rude, you know...” she pretended to pout while Chen and Tao who stood not very far from them were both giggling happily upon watching the majestic and beautiful Taeyeon acting all sulky.

Changmin rolled his eyes but Kris bowed again, apologizing to her. “I’m sorry, noona...but we all are wearing this cloak just to prepare for our parting from Heaven and down to Earth...”

Kris explained, tugging a little on his own golden colored cloak that already wrapped neatly around his well-built figure.

“Oh, the M members are all descending to the mortal world? Under what circumstances, Changmin ah?” BoA asked again and Changmin turned to look at her.

“They’re proceeding in their mission to find for the missing fallen angels on Earth...” he told her shortly, earning a nod from BoA before Changmin turned back to Kris.

“Yunho told me that you found something useful that might lead you to the fallen angels...what is it then?” Kris nodded back to him.

“Yeah...I found a little information from the room about the past history of the battle between our fallen angels and the demons from Hell...I noticed that there is someone that can at least, give us a single clue or trace about the fallen angels since devils are connected closely to them...”

Taeyeon and BoA exchanged uneasy look between them when Kris was mentioning about their natural born enemy, the demon. Taeyeon cleared and asked again.

“Who is that someone, Kris? Are you going down to Earth to find them?”

“Yeah...it’s the other clan...” Changmin’s eyes focused heavily on the leader of the M members’ face when he told them about it. Lay reached next to Kris as he tapped his leader by his arm.

“We all are ready, Kris...” he informed and Kris slightly nodded to him, changing his eyes back to Changmin and the same action did by Lay. Changmin stared from Kris to Lay.

“The other clan...you mean by...” Changmin started uncertainly but Lay gave him a firm nod.

“Yes, the vampires...”

To be continued...


Hey there, honey!!! It's been several months! Mind you, months! I'm extremely sorry for updating like a snail but I hope that the trailer and this latest update make it up for it...

Hehe...and oh, please do leave me your comment above this latest chapter, okay??? So that I know that everyone is still reading this...thanks a bunch!!! Love ya~~~~