(2) Descending to Earth

Broken Arrow

"As I gaze upon your beauty, I think to myself, never have I seen an angel fly so low..."


“What? You want Seohyun to be a guardian angel? Of course she can’t...she is a cupid!” Taeyeon exclaimed, her face started to frown in worried. Yunho and BoA blinked at her while Changmin held up his palm.

“Yes, I know...cool down, Taeyeon ah...this is just a suggestion...because to me, even if we send another expert guardian angel, I don’t think they can tolerate with the human...” he reasoned out, adding BoA to frown on him. “Why?”

“Expert guardian angels will always work on the human according to their rules and principle...but as for Seohyun, she is young...newly created by our Father and she is a cupid...she used to watch over the human’s behaviors and she knows the interaction between them...that’s why I think, she could mingle better with this stubborn human girl...” Changmin furthered his explanation before Yunho finally nodded his head.

“Yeah...I’ve to agree with you...plus, I think Seohyun is the best to suit her because this girl is alone...she needs someone to love her...” Yunho told them his own opinion but Taeyeon shook her head, still refused to agree with the idea.

“Can’t another guardian angel loves her?” she folded her arms across her chest as she stared straight to Changmin. He curved up a smile for her.

“Every angel has love, Tae ah...but Seohyun is different...I can see it that her love is bigger than any of us...our life is centered to love only our Father but Seohyun...she has a big heart, I know that she will love and care for the human wholeheartedly...for the sake of God for sure...” Changmin informed her patiently as his mind wandered back to remember when he saw Seohyun was willing to cry for a human – which was never be done by any other angels! He had a strong feeling that she will succeed in this mission.

“So how is it? Are you girls agree?” Yunho asked after a few minutes of silence stretched between them. BoA stole a glance on Taeyeon before she looked back to Changmin and nodded.

“I don’t mind...as long as we can complete the God’s task...” she concluded and the three changed their eyes on Taeyeon, waiting for her answer. She bit her lips, still worrying and doubting about Seohyun but then she felt a soft touch landed on her palm. Taeyeon glanced sideway to BoA.

“She should be fine...trust her...” she assured her and Taeyeon finally let out a long sigh. Changmin was their leader inside this Covenant. If he can put his faith on Seohyun, so why not her – the oldest sister of the maknae? She just needed to be confident!

“Okay, I’ll inform Seohyun about it...” Taeyeon agreed while Changmin and Yunho gave her a warm smile.

-Broken Arrow-

“Unnie! I received a new task...let’s get down to the sky for a while and get it done...” Seohyun cheered to Yoona and Jessica, waving her right hand that was holding a paper, filled with her tasks for today. Jessica rolled her eyes.

“Aigoo, this cupid...can’t you rest a bit? It still early, you know...” she commented to her, lying her body down next to the river bank as she blew on the butterflies circled around her. Seohyun pouted and slipped her body next to Yoona.

“It’s a sin if I’m delaying our Father’s orders...come on, unnie...accompany me for a while...” she nagged to them as she tugged Yoona on her wing. Yoona flinched upon feeling the thin feathers tickling with the skin of her back body. She pushed Seohyun’s hand away.

“Hey, don’t do that! It’s itchy!” Yoona chuckled while Seohyun clapped a hand on . “Ops! Forgive me...”

The three cupid angels broke into their melodic laughter before they were silenced when someone said, “Seo ah...hand over your task to Yoona...you’re not going to complete it anymore...”

Seohyun and Yoona simultaneously cracked their heads sideway only to see Taeyeon just landed on her feet as she flipped off her wings. Jessica casually waved her hand upon seeing her but she continued to blow on the butterflies – looking so much in peace.

“Why, unnie? Is there any problem?” Seohyun started to ask in concern. She was afraid if she ever done any mistake in her mission, shooting those arrows to the mortals. Taeyeon walked over to her but she shook her head.

“No...you’re not doing any wrong...but I just received a new task for you from the Covenant...” Taeyeon replied her and Yoona raised her eyebrow.

“Another one? What is it?” as she asked, Seohyun nodded in agreement to her question. She was thrilled and confused to hear the task given by the circle of archangels. Of course she was worried, she had never received any order from them, she just accepted the one that came straight from their Creator.

“Hi, girls!” before Taeyeon managed to open , explaining – there came the rest of the Girls’ generation sisters. The angels flew in group before they landed their feet nearby the river and walked over to Seohyun, Taeyeon, Jessica and Yoona. Among the five, Seohyun spotted Yuri between them. Her eyes grew wider on her sight and Seohyun jumped to stand again.

“Yuri unnie!” she yelled happily as she half-running towards her favorite unnie. In their family, Yuri was the closest to Seohyun. But as an expert guardian angel, she rarely had time for them because she always had to watch over the humans on Earth.

“Annyeong, Seo ah! Aigoo, my baby!” Yuri smiled broadly upon seeing her too and she opened her arms wide to welcome Seohyun inside it.

“Welcome back, unnie!” Seohyun said, giving Yuri a pat on her shoulder. They laughed together before Sunny rolled her eyes, watching her sisters giggling together.

“You guys are acting like it has been a thousand years since both of you met...” Sunny commented on them while Yuri and Seohyun laughed together. Seohyun nodded her head.

“Yeah...it feels like one...because I really miss you, unnie...I miss you to accompany me shooting the arrows because Sica unnie and Yoona are being lazy here...they always cause me to be late!” Seohyun started to complain towards Yuri while Jessica shot her a glare from the corner of her eyes.

“Watch it, kid! You’re too new as a cupid...the excitement is still there...let’s see if you would feel the same after your 900 years being a cupid like me!” Jessica snorted but Yuri slung an arm casually with Seohyun.

“Don’t worry...I’m here now...so I’m gonna accompany you...” she assured their maknae and made Seohyun’s eyes to glitter in happiness.

“Great! Let’s go now!” she skipped on her feet but Taeyeon shook her head and approaced the two.

“No...didn’t I tell that you have another mission from the Covenant? Put aside your cupid’s task...” Taeyeon reminded her and Seohyun’s face fell down at once. It earned a teasing grin from Sooyoung but Tiffany frowned seriously at her, signaling for her to not start mocking their maknae. Sooyoung cleared and changed her eyes to Yuri.

“So...do tell me about your latest mission, unnie! You went back with success...it must be easy to guide this human, right?” Sooyoung urged her to tell them her story on Earth but Yuri smiled, slowly shaking her head.

“Nothing different, Sooyoung ah...you just need to guide the human sincerely...and speaking about that...you just failed on your mission, right? It's such a chaos on Heaven, I can tell...” Sooyoung shrugged once she heard Yuri was mentioning about her cracked mission.

“It’s not just me who failed...that human failed three angels even before me! I don’t think she ever needs a guardian angel to take care of her...” Sooyoung replied lazily but Taeyeon frowned and bit her lips. Putting her hands on her hips, she shook her head. “No...She needs a guardian angel...and one of us gonna be a subtitute to you...”

“Huh! I knew it the Covenant is going to send Yuri this time...bingo for the human!” Hyoyeon poked in, clapping her hands to cheer for Yuri but Taeyeon immediately held up her palm towards her, asking Hyoyeon to stay silent. Yuri exchanged anxious looks from her sisters to Taeyeon.

“Really? The Covenant gonna send me? Why didn’t I get any information about it?” Yuri raised her eyebrow but Seohyun sulked.

“Aish...it must be because you just succeed another mission, unnie...aigoo...I’m so sad...I just got you back and now, you need to go back to the Earth again...” she pouted, making Yuri to laugh and patted her head but Taeyeon gave Seohyun an uncertain look.

“Actually...it’s you that gonna leave us...not Yuri...” all eight pairs of eyes went straight to Taeyeon once she said it. The biggest eyes filled with disbelief were Seohyun’s – she even blinked to her.

“But...but...why?” Seohyun stumbled with her words while Sunny slowly nodded her head. “Yeah...Seo is a cupid, Tae ah...in case you forgot about it...”

Taeyeon groaned in frustration to them, ruffling her golden hair. “No...I’m totally aware of it and I never forget it!”

“Then why do you tell us that Seohyun is going to leave the Heaven? Is she going to be a guardian angel?” it was Jessica’s turn to ask and she sat straight again, eyeing Taeyeon as she paced back and forth among the girls. Taeyeon sighed and she shook her head – she still couldn’t get rid of her worries over Seohyun. At last, Tiffany approached her and stopped Taeyeon by her arms.

“Now, stop...calm down...” she advised as she silently sending her healing power to Taeyeon in order to keep her cool again. A minute after that, Taeyeon breathed out in relief again. She winked towards Tiffany. “Thanks...”

As Tiffany smiled to her, Taeyeon paced back to Seohyun and stopped right before her. She weighted her maknae on Seohyun’s shoulders as she curved up an assurance smile. Seohyun tried to smile back but it died on her lips as she was too frightened with the news she just heard. Taeyeon took a deep breath, gathering her strength to tell her honestly about the Covenant’s decision.

“Seohyun ah...we all know that you’re one hardworking and excellent cupid...even though you’re newly born but it's such a big success and unnie is very proud of you...so now I think, it’s time to move on...we archangels have talked over regarding Sooyoung’s problem and we decided to...” Taeyeon paused for a while, making the girls to peer curiously at her and biting their lips.

“We decided to send you down on Earth...becoming the new guardian angel for the human girl...” the Girls generation sisters gasped on the news. They covered their mouths with their palms as Seohyun blinked her eyes in confusion – totally lost for word. But only Yuri started to curve a thin smile after a few minutes of silence wrapped around them. She held up her hand and circled it around Seohyun’s shoulders.

“Don’t worry, Seohyun ah...I know you can do this mission...” she tried to convey her but Seohyun shook her head fiercely, her russet colored hair bounced with its curls around her shoulders as she moved. Finally she gained her consciousness back and started to talk.

“Of course I can’t, unnie! I’m not a guardian angel and I’ve never been to Earth...I’m used to stay here in the garden and I only got down on the sky while completing my tasks...I don’t dare to go further and I don’t think I can survive living among the humans...” Seohun pleaded to Taeyeon, squeezing her hands hard as she held on it. Taeyeon sighed, reading her pale face. She could tell that Seohyun was shock and afraid about this because she could feel her trembling hands and icy fingers as she touched her.

“But Seohyun ah...all the archangels agreed to this already...they trusted you for this mission...and I’m sure there must be a good reason why they picked you over Yuri or any other experienced guardian angels...” Taeyeon told her again and it made Seohyun to sigh in despair. Yuri nodded her head in understanding before she pulled Seohyun to face her.

“Look at me, honey...” she said as she cupped her face inside her hands.

“The strongest angel that I used to know is you, Seo ah...you should believe in your ability...there must be a hidden power within you that need to be brought out in order to guide this human...plus, she’s one unique human too...she failed three angels before this...that’s why she needs someone special to guide her now...someone like you...” Yuri advised her gently as she tugged a lock of Seohyun’s hair into the back of her ear. Seohyun gazed weakly to her while she bit her lips in hesitation.

“Are you sure?” Seohyun asked under her breath as Yuri chuckled.

“I’m better than sure! You just need to pick up your gut...we all have faith in you...so you have to trust yourself too...you can do this, Seohyun ah...” her other unnies were all nodding with assurance smile towards her. Seohyun watched their beautiful faces one by one until she stopped on Taeyeon and Seohyun lastly sighed. She closed her eyes for a second before she gave her a firm nod.

“Alright, unnie...when can I go?”

“Now...”

-Broken Arrow-

Seohyun shifted uncomfortably inside the white knee-length gown that wrapped around her body. She peeked down to the skies below from the edge of the Eden Garden. She was standing there, clasping her hands together as she could feel the butterflies inside her stomach.

“Here you go, Seo ah...” someone called from behind and Seohyun turned around, looking at Yuri as she brought a weird piece of cloth colored in soft pink inside her hands.

“This is the best that I can provide for you...I rarely bring any human’s things back to Heaven but I think this will do for now to cover your wings...” Yuri explained and she gestured Seohyun to spin her body around. She obeyed her before she felt Yuri was touching her wings and folded it neatly behind her shoulders.

“Wear this...” Seohyun once again followed her instruction in silence as she spread her arms wide to both of her sides so that it was easier for Yuri to slip the pink coat into her body.

“What do you call this, unnie?” Yoona was envying the clothes worn by Seohyun, trailing her eyes with interest all over Seohyun’s body – up and down.

“They called this cardigan...just wear it to cover your wings...you’ll find more on Earth when you go shopping later...”

“Em, what? Shopping? What is that?” Seohyun barely understood the term used by Yuri while Hyoyeon laughed out loud at her, clutching her stomach.

“Hahahaha! Aigoo! You’ll get it later once you've descended to Earth, Seo ah...it’s fun you know...but you need to earn some money first to go shopping...” Hyoyeon told her but Seohyun rubbed her hair, frowning for more.

“I bet I will never going through the ‘shopping’ process because I don’t even know what ‘money’ is...” Seohyun answered them and it caused Yuri, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung to break into roaring laughter together. All three of them were guardian angels – they used to live on Earth. Taeyeon shook her head upon eyeing their kiddy act before she shifted her attention back on Seohyun when she approached her.

“Unnie, are you sure that I can’t bring anyone along with me? Can’t Yuri unnie go with me to Earth?” she questioned her, begging in hope again but Taeyeon sighed and tapped Seohyun’s forehead.

“I wish I can find someone to accompany you but the Covenant won’t agree to it...plus, one guardian angel for one human, Seohyun ah...that’s the rule...you’re no longer a cupid now...so just stick to your mission and get it done fast enough...the sooner you finish, the faster you can go back to us...” Taeyeon assured her again and forced an awkward friendly smile to her. Seohyun slumped down her shoulders before she found Yuri was hugging her from behind, resting her chin on Seohyun’s shoulder.

“I told you already...everything is going to be fine...I’m working as the guardian angel for over these 2000 years...I managed to get along...it's kinda fun on Earth actually...” Yuri commented, smiling broadly to cheer Seohyun up and finally she grinned to her.

“Yes...I believe you, unnie...I’ll do my best there...” she said and turned around to give Yuri a tight hug. She repeated her action to each of her sisters until lastly she stopped before Tiffany.

“Good luck, dear...we’ll miss you...” Tiffany whispered as she pulled Seohyun into her embrace. That was when Seohyun felt the pounding inside her heart was decreasing – thanks to Tiffany’s healing energy that calming her down a bit. Then Seohyun smiled and let go of her.

“I’ll miss you guys too...I hope to see you on Earth...any of you...Yuri, Hyoyeon or Sooyoung unnie...I’m surely will miss our home too...” Seohyun commented for the last time as she took a quite glance all around the garden of Eden. Finally, she looked back outside the garden and arranged her steps slowly toward the edge of the garden. Seohyun glimpsed over her shoulder to see all her eight unnies were smiling and waving their hands to her. She did the same to them before taking her deepest breath and looked to the front again.

“One...two...three...” she counted, closing her eyes before she spread her arms wide and revealed her mighty huge wings from below the cardigan that she wore. Seohyun flipped it before she felt her body was lifted up into the air.

“Goodbye, Seo ah! Hwaiting!” she heard her unnies were screaming to her over the breeze before she flew straight down to Earth.

-Broken Arrow-

“Ah...argh!” Seohyun never flew this far. Her eyes shut in surprise when she felt the strong wind rushing to her face as she flew against the skies, letting her body being pulled by the gravity from Earth. Suddenly, she lost her balance on her wings and Seohyun no longer control it by her strength. She let her body slipped down by the wind until she was out of the clouds and she snapped open her eyes.

“Ahhhh! Argh!” Seohyun yelled on top of her lungs when the first thing that she saw before her eyes were a big, shaddy tree. She knew that she was going to hit the tree if she didn't avoid it but it was too late to flip her wings and Seohyun bit her lips in pain when finally...

“BUSH!” her body landed on the tree and fell straight between the branches inside it.

“Ouch...it...hurts...” Seohyun found her weak voice again but she tried to open her eyes as she felt her face was covered with leaves. Her hands brushed them away from her face until Seohyun finally got her eyes open widely. She flinched in shock once she realized that she was on a tree now!

Seohyun slowly tilted her head down to see the ground below and she tried to move her left hand but she stopped and howled in pain.

“Argh...it’s painful...” Seohyun cried, stretching her right hand to touch the back of her left shoulder. She felt something aching on her wing there and Seohyun gasped when she saw fresh blood stained on her palm. Her shoulder must had bumped on the sharp tree’s branches until it hurt her wing instead! Seohyun immediately covered with other palm, preventing herself from screaming upon seeing her blood. She almost forgot it that she was a human now. Human who got blood inside her body!

“Huh!” she jumped in shock again when she caught sound of someone’s footsteps on the ground below. Seohyun tried to hide her body further between the trunks. It must be terrifying if a human saw her on this tree with her pure white wings, still unfolded. She moved her in reverse until she felt her dropped into a hole.

“Ahhh!” Seohyun finally screamed out loud and her body fell from the branch down to the floor of the forest.

“Thump!” she landed her body nearby the tree and Seohyun once again closing her eyes to endure the pain.

“Excuse me, is anyone there?” she immediately widened her eyes when she heard a voice, belonged to a boy or man. Hastily, Seohyun pushed her body to stand up using her hands and she ran over to hide behind the tree just now. She pasted her wings and body on the tree’s trunk as she shut her eyes tight, praying to God for no one to see her standing there.

“Oh, there you are...” Seohyun suddenly frowned, feeling strange when the voice became louder and closer to her. She dared herself to open her eyes and she gasped in shock once she caught sight of a boy’s face – just an inch away from her own face.

“Ah!” She tried to back away but she forgot that behind her was a tree so Seohyun bumped her head against it and cried in pain.

“Aigoo...it hurts so much!” she complained, rubbing her head with her right hand. The boy in front of her was suddenly laughing upon eyeing Seohyun acting all bubbly.

“HAHAHAHAHA! Obviously you’re new on Earth!” he commented between his laughter and it earned a glare from Seohyun.

“You...you know who I am? Are you an...an angel too?” she asked him afterward before the boy rolled his eyes and stopped laughing.

“Yeah...I’ve heard that a lot...everyone said that I have an angelic face...but I’m here only to look after you while you’re doing your duty on Earth so come, stand up...” the boy answered and he held out his hand to help her standing from the ground. Seohyun hesitated to take his hand – she was about to place it on his palm but then she pulled it back again. She did it a few times until the boy snorted to her.

“Please...I’m not a bad person...I’m here to help you...your Covenant’s master entrust you to me...so can you at least believe him if you don’t want to trust me?” the boy told her and Seohyun frowned.

“Changmin sshi?” she mentioned the name of the archangels’ leader. The boy shrugged.

“Yeah...he is the boss...”

“But I thought no one will accompany me on Earth!” Seohyun still refused to surrender and the boy finally dropped his hand, gave up.

“Well, whatever...but now that you’re in your human form...you better hurry to cure your wound...or else it will leave a scar on your skin...” the boy replied, pointing his finger toward Seohyun’s wing and she followed his direction.

“Oh...” then only Seohyun remembered about the cut on the back of her left shoulder. She barely touched it with her fingertip and Seohyun immediately flinched it pain. The boy smirked to her.

“Come on...I’ll bring you back to home...” he said, started walking but Seohyun pouted to him from behind.

“How can you bring me home? I don’t even accomplish my task yet...” she told him, sounded serious as she thought that the boy mentioned about her home – heaven but he burst out laughing again.

“Aigoo! You’re so cute! When I said home, it means here...your new version of home on Earth, okay?” he explained patiently as he turned around and waved his hands extravagantly towards the whole area of the forest. Seohyun scanned around.

“Are we going to live in this forest? This is home?” she asked dully while the boy let out a heavy sigh and shook his head.

“You’ll see about it later...now, come...” he lazily replied her and motioned for Seohyun to start walking but as she stood up again and took her first step, Seohyun almost stumbled to the ground back.

“Ah!” she let out a yelp and immediately the boy spun around to catch her body inside his arms. Seohyun landed inside his embrace as their faces were so close with each other's. She blinked and the boy blinked. Then he hastily helped her to stand straight again and let go of her waist.

“Em...thank you...” Seohyun slightly bowed to him while the boy chuckled.

“No problem...don’t worry...you’ll get use to it...walking on the ground...” he assured her, flashing his adorable wide smile. That was when Seohyun could clearly see his face. His eyes were round and shining inside the darkness around them as he had a pointed nose, suited very well with his face added with his small, cute lips – he was perfect! Seohyun doubted it that he was just a human. As she stood motionless, staring on him – he laughed.

“I forgot to ask you...what’s your name by the way?” he questioned and started walking. Seohyun stumbled for another step before she gritted her teeth, forcing her body to walk properly until she ended up following him slow from behind.

“It’s Seohyun...”

“Didn't they give you a human name?” he asked again, raising his eyebrow to her but Seohyun shook her head. “I prefer my real name, came from Heaven...”

He simply gave her a nod and mouthed the word ‘o’. “Then how about you?”

“Just call me Luhan...” he winked as he answered and Seohyun finally saw a small path leading the way outside of the wood. But then Luhan suddenly stopped walking and Seohyun did the same too. He turned his body around to face her, rubbing his chin as he eyed her up and down. Seohyun blinked her eyes in confusion.

“What’s wrong?”

“Hmmm...I think it’s better if you fold your wings to walk outside...you don’t want other humans to freak out once they saw you, right?” he suggested to her and Seohyun robotically flipped her wings back under her shoulders blades, hiding it neatly behind the cardigan.

“Okay, that’s better...” Luhan made a thumb up to her and resumed walking.

“Try to look not so out of place when we reach the house...I have neighbors, you know...” Luhan reminded her once again but Seohyun pouted.

“Neighbors? What is that?”

-Broken Arrow-

“Oh, Luhan ah! You’re back! Where is the baby angel?” Seohyun made her way robotically into the house when Luhan opened the door for her. He gestured her to walk further until she stopped at the living room and saw another boy sitting on the couch. He was waving his hand freely to her as he chewed on something.

“Excuse me? Did you just call me ‘baby angel’? I’ve to admit that I’m young but I have live for almost 95 years now...” Seohyun defended herself, pouting as she put up her hands on her waist. The boy on the couch raised his eyebrow but he chuckled.

“95 years...well I have...”

“Em...ehem!” Luhan suddenly appeared from behind Seohyun and he cleared his throat loudly, signaling for the boy to shut up. He snorted and jumped off from the couch.

“Want some baozi?” he offered once he stopped before Seohyun, showing on his palm a plate full of steam buns. She frowned questioningly on it. Baozi? What was that? She never ate before! Then Seohyun shook her head and cracked a thin smile to him.

“No, thank you...” she refused politely but the boy shrugged.

“Don’t try to hold back, missy...sooner or later, you’ll feel hungry too...you’re a human now...” he replied to her and walked over to enter the kitchen. Seohyun was about to open again but Luhan touched her shoulder.

“Pardon him...introduction for both of you...Seohyun sshi, this is my housemate...Xiumin...Xiumin ah, this is Seohyun...both of us will take care of you all along you’re working on Earth...” Luhan pointed his finger from Seohyun to Xiumin before he did it vice versa. Seohyun bowed down politely to Xiumin and he simply waved with wide grin. He was surely a person rich with smile, Seohyun thought.

“Come, Seohyun sshi...I’ll show you with your room and we need to cure your wound...” Luhan interrupted her thought again as he started to climb the spiral stairs nearby the kitchen. Seohyun quickly followed him because she preferred listening to Luhan rather than this chubby-happy-for-nothing, Xiumin. But as the two of them disappeared upstairs, Xiumin tailed after them, giggling to himself. Seohyun herself felt strange about it. Why would he need to be so excited on her arrival here? Finally, they stopped in front of a room with wooden door and Luhan pulled it open.

“Welcome to your human room...” he greeted, grinning broadly as he stepped aside to let Seohyun get in. She arranged her steps entering it as she trailed her eyes all over the place. The room was small but it gave out a comfortable and safe feelings to Seohyun. She spotted a bed beside the small windowpane with a purple baby bear on it. Across from the bed was a white wardrobe and also a desk next to it. There were a few photo frames hung on the wall and Seohyun walked over to check on those pictures.

“It’s all the pictures of the real owner of this house...they are humans too...they usually come for a visit every weekend so remember to be nice to them...” Luhan informed her and Seohyun curved up a warm smile on the family picture. She nodded her head, turning around to Luhan.

“I will...” she promised as she landed her eyes on the single bed.

“And what is this for?” Seohyun asked, pointing out her finger to it as Xiumin laughed on her question.

“Aigoo, Seohyun sshi...this is a bed, you know...you use it when you want to sleep...” Xiumin explained to her but Seohyun shook her head again.

“But I don’t sleep...I never have sleep before...” she replied while Luhan chuckled. “You will eventually...because you’ll find out later that it’s tiring to deal with human...”

“Yes! And sleep is heaven, you know! Like this!” Xiumin cut Luhan halfway as he ran over to the bed and threw his body on it. Then he closed his eyes, pretended to sleep. Seohyun exchanged weird glances from him to Luhan, blinking her eyes confusedly before Luhan kicked Xiumin on his feet.

“Thanks for your hideous demonstration...now, take your seat Seohyun sshi...I’ll clean your wound...” Luhan immediately stopped Xiumin from acting dumb again and he gestured for Seohyun to sit on the bed. She hesitated for a while because Xiumin was still lying on it but then he rolled over and patted a small place he left for her to sit.

“Come, come! Make yourself like at home...” Xiumin grinned to her and Seohyun sighed, finally gave up to feel weird on his attitude. She landed her there and Luhan came to sit next to her, placing a first aid kit on his lap.

“Em...would you mind taking off your cardigan? I want to see the wound...” he requested, smiling sheepishly to her but Seohyun was too clueless about it so she simply peeled off her pink cardigan from her body, showing off her marble white skin to the boys. Xiumin widened his eyes instantly, clapping a hand on his mouth while Luhan gave a don’t-be-stupid glare to him. He cleared his throat and started to wipe her dried blood around the wound.

“Hmmm...maybe we should use some ice to stop the bleeding...” Luhan mumbled, eyeing the cut on her skin as Seohyun bit her lips, trying hard to endure the stingy pain. It was only her first day here and she already hurt herself! Seohyun thought in despair as Xiumin picked up a glass of plain water from the floor.

“You need ice? Don’t worry...I’ll change...” he was about to use his power, freezing the water to become an ice cube but Luhan hastily grabbed away the glass.

“No! I’ll go and get it from the kitchen!” Seohyun exchanged weird stares from Luhan to Xiumin but Luhan grinned to her before he excused himself to kitchen. Xiumin clicked his tongue in worry before he gave Seohyun a pat on her back before he ran outside the room, chasing after Luhan.

“Why don’t you let me help you huh?” Xiumin asked as soon as they reached the kitchen. Luhan hissed to him.

“Remember what Changmin hyung told us? The rule to take care of her is to never let her know that we’re angels too! So do obey him!” Luhan scolded him but Xiumin snorted.

“How creative is that...we’re angels disguising as humans in front of the humans and also disguising as humans in front of an angel! What a great formula!”

-Broken Arrow-

Seohyun sat straight on the bed, didn’t dare to touch even a single thing inside the room. Luhan had finished attending her wound. He left her to rest alone inside the room before Xiumin was singing a goodnight’s lullaby for her until Luhan had to drag him away. Seohyun automatically laughed shortly upon recalling his childish act. Then she shifted her eyes back on the desk.

“Here is all the information you need to start your mission...you’ll see your target human tomorrow...you can read the details about her first...”

Seohyun slowly stood up from the bed once she remembered the thing informed by Luhan before he left the room just now. She paced over to the desk and picked up an envelope colored in brown.

“Who will she be?” Seohyun guessed and her hands started to open the envelope. She felt her hand touched pile of papers inside so she pulled it out. The first thing that she landed her eyes on was a picture of that human girl. Seohyun flinched in fear when she realized how sharp and fierce the eyes of that girl. She was indeed looked very scary with her short-length hair. Seohyun took a deep breath and she braved herself to read on her profile.

“Amber...” she read on her name and finally Seohyun gave up. She dropped the envelope down to the desk again and walked out from the room.

“Xiumin oppa...I’m going out for a moment...” Seohyun shouted to Xiumin when she walked pass him in the living room. Xiumin shifted his body on the couch, he was still watching the television but he darted his eyes away from it to look at Seohyun.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to the nearby chapel...Luhan oppa said it's just next to our house, right?” Seohyun asked for his confirmation and Xiumin made a thumb up to her.

“Clever girl...” Seohyun waved goodbye to him before she left the house. Walking toward the small church beside this house, she didn’t aware of two people – standing face to face inside the small garden of the backyard.

“Are you sure you still don’t have any clue on them, Luhan ah?” Kris peered to him through his anxious eyes. Luhan let out a heavy sigh and shook his head.

“No...I’ll be delighted if we can track them down sooner...but, Kris...our Father created us for about 700 years only...the fallen angels had been gone for almost a million years! We don’t even know how they look like...can we still search for them?” he mumbled in worry while Kris bit his lips.

“I don’t know...but this is our mission...and we can’t fail on this...there must be a reason why our Father entrust us on this mission...I was informed that they went on Earth for a battle before they were gone...” Kris added again and it earned a frown from Luhan.

“Battle? You mean...with demons?” he tried to guess, face looked horrible when he thought about the idea but Kris nodded lazily and rubbed the back of his neck.

“I’m afraid it's true...” then Luhan widened his eyes. “Don’t you think that there’s possibility for them to lose against the demons?”

Kris shot him a surprise look, “Of course not! Our Father would know if they had lost on it!”

Luhan let out another long sigh before he shrugged. Silence stretched between them for a while before Luhan said again.

“Come on...get inside for a while before you go back to Heaven...” Luhan tugged Kris on his sleeve but Kris simply shook his head.

“No...I still have another meeting to rush for...I’ll come again to inform you regarding the Covenant’s news...” he replied and they parted towards their own way. Luhan went back to the house while Kris was ready to enter the forest, flying up to Heaven from there but his steps stopped when he walked pass the chapel. Kris gazed up to it and thought he could perform a prayer before fly up.

Kris cornered his way to enter it until he reached the main door and pushed it open. He stepped inside the empty chapel, eyeing around it. There was no one inside so he thought about releasing his wings because Kris himself didn’t feel comfortable inside human’s clothes. He carelessly spread his wings out from his jacket and wanted to resume his step. But he immediately paused, frozen on his feet when he just realized a girl was there. She was standing before the statue, looking so deep inside her prayer. Kris only saw her from behind, never see her face but her slim, tall body suited her very well. Her long brownish hair was loosened down until her waist. Kris blinked his eyes dumbly – she sparkled despite the darkness of the chapel.

To be continued...


HI,readers! Subscribe and comment! Thanks!!!