Scenario 2: Bang Yong Guk

Scenario 2: Bang Yong Guk

 

As your phone alarmed at 6 AM, you quickly got up and turned the alarm off, scared that your husband’s slumber will be disturbed. You quietly closed your room’s door behind you and freshened up before making breakfast.

You went on to do the things you usually do as the woman in the house. You rinsed the rice well and cooked it in the rice cooker then left it to prepare side dishes. You broke 3 eggs, scrambled them and put vegetables in it and fried it to make a vegetable omelet as a side dish. You also made Kimchi Stew and Fried the thinly sliced marinated pork belly. You then started to make apple fritters for Dae Jung’s snacks and you took lemons and squeezed them to make fresh lemonade for your husband.

After cooking, you started to set the table for breakfast. You exhaled audibly as you looked at your dinner table then went to your son’s room to wake him up.

“Dae Jung-ah” You sweetly shook him then he starts to stir “Dae Jung-ah, get up” He still won’t wake up

“Dae Jung-ah, we’re going to school later” He stirred one more time then you carried him in your arms and after a few moments of shaking him, he finally woke up.

“Ah, Good Morning Prince Dae Jung-ah” You rocked him back and forth playfully and exited his room.

“Umma” He said brightly

“My, you’re awfully energetic this morning” You said then smiled “Why don’t you go and wake your Dad up first before washing your face, Hmm?” You suggested, He replied with a smile and you put him down and held his and walked towards your room with Yong Guk.

You stood by the door and leaned on the frame as Dae Jung walked towards his father and managed to climb up the bed.

“Appa, Wake up!” He shouted and shook him with all his strength. Yong Guk stirred but didn’t wake up. Your son looked at you with eyes full of wonder.

“Umma, Appa won’t wake up” He said

“Try again Dae Jung” You said with a smile

“Appa, Get up!” He said again and shook him stronger.  Finally, Your Husband woke up and smiled when he saw his loving son beside him. He lifted your son’s small frame and gave him an airplane ride.

“Good Morning Dae Jung-ah” He said sleepily then smiled “Give Dad a kiss so that He’ll have energy to stand up” Yong Guk said playfully and your son complied. You giggled, it was a picturesque moment. Seeing the two most important males in your life interact that way made your day complete.

“Dae Jung-ah, let’s leave Dad for awhile and go wash up” You told your son and he obeyed. You were so thankful that your son is obedient and well behaved, most of the times.

Before you left, you looked at your husband who returned to sleep. You mentally laughed at him but contained your laughter inside and marched up to him.

“Yah, Get up. Your son’s watching you. You’re a bad example” You scolded him while trying to suppress a laughter, He peeked behind the covers and saw your face, he smiled and chuckled.

“Give me a kiss and I’ll have energy to get up” He said jokingly

 “Good Morning, Yeobo” You replied as you rolled your eyes at him and laughed mentally, He then got up and kissed your cheeks and went to the bathroom inside your room to freshen up.

You stood there for a moment then came back to your senses and took your precious son to the other bathroom and helped him wash his face.

After washing up, you brought your son to the dining table and helped him up the chair.

“Yeobo, Let’s eat” You called out as you were fetching the juice and water from the refrigerator.

He arrived in a flash decked in his casual wear? And sat on his usual seat, you sat next to your son.

Why is he in normal clothes? Doesn’t he have work?

“Yeobo, don’t you have work?” You asked

“I forgot to tell you again” He laughed “I have 2 days off” He smiled

Once you were seated, you started to feed your son while Yong Guk watched you as he eats his breakfast.

“Why? How?” You asked as you feed your son

“Because I want to spend two days with my family and getting 2 days off is easy, especially when you’re a shareholder of the company” He told you with a smile then drank some juice.

“But our son has school” you said matter-of-factly

“Yes, he has” He said “But I can still spend some time with you while he is away from school” He continued with a smile

“Arasso, Will you accompany me while I run some errands for my mom and pay some bills?” You asked then he nodded and turned to your son.

“Dae Jung-ah, do you want Appa to feed you?” Yong Guk asked as he placed his chopsticks down and looked at you then to your son. He wanted you to eat together with them and also help you feed your precious son.

“Ne” He replied with a smile, you passed the chopsticks to Yong Guk then he mouthed ‘Eat, Jagiya’ then fed your son in the most childish way possible, you decided to play along.

“Dae Jung-ah, you like Appa better than Umma? That makes Umma sad; do you like Umma being sad?” You said playfully. Dae Jung looked at you with worried eyes.

“Umma, Saranghae” He said then made a heart with his hands and smiled happily but still continued to eat with his father’s assistance.

You could only laugh at how your son got his father’s sweetness, his charms and his unique cuteness. You shook your head and ate your breakfast.

After breakfast, you cleared the table as Yong Guk helped your son dress up and prepare his things for Play School then you prepared your son’s snacks and placed it in his lunch box and you also changed your clothes so that you can now take your son to school.

“Dae Jung-ah, are you ready?” You asked as you were adjusting your blouse.

“Ne” He answered then went out of his room with his father.

“Let’s hurry up so Dae Jung won’t be late for school” You told Yong Guk, he just smiled and nodded. You went out of the house with your husband and son then rode in the back seat of the car with your son as he goes to the driver’s seat and drove you off to your son’s school.

“We’re here” You said as Yong Guk parked near the side walk and you opened the door and helped your son out of the car before following him. He wore his backpack and held your hand then Yong Guk came out and held your son’s other hand and accompanied him towards the school’s door where his teacher is waiting for the students.

“Good Morning Dae Jung-ah, Mr. and Mrs. Bang” His teacher greeted you, you replied with a bow and a smile.

“My Little Prince, we’ll pick you up after school, okay?” You bent down and met your son to his eye level then he smiled and nodded.

“Give Umma a kiss” You said sweetly then he complied

“Ah, you’re so cute” You said then hugged him before letting him go to his teacher

“Thank you, Teacher” You said then left with Yong Guk

“Where are we going next?”  He asked as you were headed towards your car then he wraps his arm around your waist, you shrugged. Honestly, you also want some alone time with your husband. And as if he read your mind, he turned the both of you around towards a different direction, towards a café that opens early.

He chuckles and removes his arm and intertwines your hands together.

“How can our son be so obedient?” He asked suddenly

“Probably got that from me” You mumbled then he laughed

“Dear, trust me, you are anything but obedient” He said jokingly then you laughed

“Then you mean our son inherited his traits of being obedient from you?” You laughed “Between you and me, you’re not the most obedient person on earth” You continued then walked ahead of him towards the café. You ended up spending your time with Yong Guk in the café rather than pay the bills and run errands given to you by your mother.

You just sighed. ‘Well, those things can wait, right? Spending some alone time with my husband is a rare opportunity. Yeah, those things can wait until Wednesday’ You thought to yourself.