I think I'll get out of here

Kibum - Just like a pill
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"I'm lying here on the floor, where you left me. I think I took too much.

I'm crying here. What have you done?"

 

Your steps faltered as you walked out of the bar at 1 A.M. Why? You wanted to feel weightless and stress free... at least for one night. Your life has been the epitome of hell... with no signs of light. As you stumbled down the street, which was basically empty, you tripped over your own feet and fell onto the cold, hard sidewalk. You felt a sharp pain on your left palm and saw a mixture of blood and dirt from the sidewalk. The tears that were being held in all evening ran down your cheeks as you stayed on the sidewalk and welcomed the throbbing in your palm.

 

"Are you okay?" asked a male voice above you.

 

You looked up from your hand and saw a handsome, black haired man crouched over with his hands on his knees and looking at you with concerned eyes. You staggered to your feet, swaying a bit, making him straighten up and hold onto your arms so you wouldn't fall.

 

"I'm alright... Just a little dizzy." you said, your words slightly slurred.

 

The man looked down at your hand and his slid down to your wrist, then raised it to inspect the damage.

 

"This doesn't look too bad, a bandage wrap will do." he murmured, mostly to himself.

 

You just stood there, staring at him skeptically. He looked up and smiled somewhat self-consciously at the way you were looking at him.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he said with a nervous laugh.

 

You blinked and looked at his hand, which was still holding your wrist, and noticed the pain had ceased and his touch felt warm. He followed your gaze then looked back at you as you spoke,

 

"Maybe I should get some help." you mumbled to yourself, making him furrow his brows in confusion.

 

Your eyes suddenly filled with tears and you shook your head while freeing your wrist from his grasp.

 

"But I don't deserve it." you whispered and looked at him.

 

"I'm fine." you told him in a somewhat steady tone... but he wasn't buying that.

 

The stranger looked straight into your eyes as he said,

 

 

"Let me help you."

 

 

"I think I'll get outta here, where I can run just as fast as I can. To the middle of nowhere.

To the middle of my frustrated fears."

 

Your eyes slowly fluttered open and you felt a pang in your head as you sat up on the bed, you raised your hand to your temple and noticed your hand was neatly bandaged. Frowning in confusion, you looked around a bit and immediately felt uneasy being in an unfamiliar place. Since you back was turned to the window, you didn't notice you had company.

 

"How are you feeling?" asked a familiar voice.

 

You jumped in surprise and turned around to see the stranger, who was sitting on the armchair in front of the window with his elbows resting on his knees. Was he awake this whole time? you thought as you looked at his tired but handsome face.

 

"My head hurts." you said and looked at your bandaged hand when his gaze began to make you feel uncomfortable.

 

You heard him get up then felt him sit beside you on the bed, he was careful to not sit too close so he wouldn't scare you. He held a glass of water and an aspirin in front of you.

 

"This will lighten your headache." he said in a soft tone, knowing any loud noise will make it worse. You took both the glass of water and aspirin from him, your fingers lightly brushing his in the process.

 

"Thank you." you said quietly and swallowed the aspirin.

 

He gave a small smile and put the empty glass on the night table by the bed, then gently took your bandaged hand in both of his, making you flinch a little.

 

"Relax, I just want to see how your injury was doing." he explained in

Please log in to read the full chapter