빗소리

Rain Sound.

 

http://naturesoundsfor.me/Rain-Sounds

^ You can listen to this while reading if you want :)

I was walking around aimlessly with nowhere in mind to go to. I just let my feet lead me. It was raining heavily and there was some slight thunder. My clothes and sneakers were drenched. I wasn’t even trying to hold my umbrella. I just put it over my shoulder and continued walking. I reached the café that we always used to go to. I looked at the window and I saw her image, serving the customers and smiling at them like always. I kept looking for a while and then I decided to enter. I took a seat next to the window and ordered 2 coffees like always. One for me, and one for her. I listened to the sound of the rain outside while waiting. It still reminds me of her. That’s when we met; on a rainy day. I never forget. She gave me her bright red umbrella since I didn’t have one with me. I snapped out of my daze when the coffee came and the waitress gave me a worried look. But she quickly wiped it off and replaced it with a warm smile.

“Enjoy your coffee.” She said and left after.

I kept sitting in the café waiting for her to come. She was always late when we had our dates. But she would make it up for me by always kissing me and being cute. I remember one time, we were going out on a date and it rained in the middle. And she started singing and dancing until her voice mixed with the sound of the rain. On a rainy day, I fell for her. We used to love each other so much. We were inseparable. But something had to happen. We got into a fight and broke up. And she got into a car accident. Everyone keeps saying she passed away but I don’t believe them. She’s still alive no matter what. I won’t allow her to be forgotten like a black and white film. I went back to looking outside the window. The sound of the rain makes me feel so relaxed. I can’t stop myself from missing her even when I’m asleep. I would always get flashbacks of when we were together. I payed for the coffee and walked out of the café and just stood there, under the rain. I dropped my umbrella on the floor and let myself become one with the rain. I started to sing a song that reminded me of her. Uncontrollable tears started to roll down my cheeks. They weren’t visible due to the rain, but I could still feel it. And so could she.

“Is this sound of the rain, your voice?
Is this a sound that calls to me?

 Am I the only one thinking of you?
Will this rain comfort me?
Do you know how I feel? I keep thinking of you”

My heart hurts. This shouldn’t have happened. It shouldn’t have gone that way. I think I lied when I said I could live without you. Can’t you get out of my head? Dear God, please help me. Please stop this rain, so that I can forget her. I started walking once again, the bright red umbrella on my shoulder, my hands in my pocket, drenched. My head was down and I was a mess. I was still singing, but it was accompanied with multiple sobs.

“Outside the window, the sound of the rain rings
I remember the memories of us
I can’t live without you girl
On rainy days, I miss you and our kiss
Outside the window, the sound of the rain rings
I remember the memories of us
I can’t live without you girl
On rainy days, I always run into you”

 

The rain started piling up. It started getting late and the streets became empty. My phone started to ring. I took it out and saw that it was Daehyun, my roommate. I picked it up and stayed silent.

“Where are you? I’ve been worried sick!”

“I’m … Nowhere.”

“Himchan, this isn’t the time for you to be cold.” (like a cold attitude where you’re not really in the mood to say anything)

I scoffed,

“Do you need anything?”

“Come home quickly, or I’ll send a search team looking for you.”

I hung up on him without saying anything. Ever since that happened I wasn’t the same. I didn’t eat the same, nor did I act the same. I smiled less, I ate less, I talked less, and if I talked it would be something rude. Nothing was the same with me anymore. People started to distance themselves from me. No one stayed by my side except Daehyun. That’s why I listen to him. I went home and straight to my room that was filled with our pictures.

“Will this happiness ever come back?”

“Will I even be able to feel happy?”

“To feel … safe

 

 

A/N: Was it too long? or was it too short? did it ? T_T