Wanderer

ual Healing

 

Key needed someone to talk to. Like now. He was wandering the streets of Seoul, drunkenly shuffling his feet, waiting for someone to speak to him. Key didn’t want to call any of his close friends; Jinwoon, Nicole, Dongwoon, Amber, Mir, etc. He didn’t want them to know. But then, who could he trust with his secrets?

After everything he went through with Jonghyun, Key finally thought he found the right guy to help him move on in Hyungseop. But the second Hyungseop had slept with him, he told Key that their relationship would be too much of a “burden” because Key was a celebrity. Key was starting to think that he was only a body; no one really wanted Key for the person he was. So he walked, desperate to talk to someone but not knowing who.

Suddenly, he remembered a show he had been on three years ago. He had hosted the Haha Mong Show before it was cancelled and the very first episode had Daesung and SeungRi as guests. SeungRi had approached him after the show to apologize for being arrogant during the “Strong Baby” promotions and ignoring his promise to Key that they could be friends. The Big Bang member gave Key his number and address, telling the younger man to call or visit whenever he needed a wingman at a party or a shoulder to lean on. That had been a long time ago and Key hadn’t contacted SeungRi since but the man had said “whenever.”

With this new purpose in mind, Key withdrew his phone from his pocket and flipped through until he found SeungRi’s address. He recalled hearing that he and G-Dragon lived in the same apartment building but had never caught the exact location. Key began the trek to the apartment complex after mapping it out in his head, much happier at the thought of finally being able to vocalize his concerns; he had so much to get off his chest. SeungRi was more a partier than a talker but dancing would take Key’s mind off everything too so it was a win-win situation no matter what happened.

As he marched, Key’s mind automatically wandered to his years of devotion to Jonghyun and the period of self-destruction that came after. Jonghyun had never thought of Key as anything more than a close friend and Key had deluded himself for years that their love was real. Onew dedicated a great deal of time into convincing Key that Jonghyun was straight. Key never wanted to admit the truth, even when Jonghyun dated Se Kyung, but he was forced to destroy his illusions when he witnessed Jonghyun and Jessica making out in a janitor’s closet. Key couldn’t remember ever running faster in his entire life, desperate to get away from the sight that broke his world. It had taken Key years and a lot of self-reflecting (and not a few one night stands) to move on. When Key had seen his childhood friend again and Hyungseop embraced him like they had never separated, Key had finally thought there was someone who could love him. The way Hyungseop held him and called him “honey” made Key feel like he was the only person in the world. Turns out Hyungseop was more the “love ‘em, and leave ‘em” type and Key was on the brink of another mental breakdown.

While Key winced in pain at his many memories, his feet had succeeded in delivering him to the apartment doorstep. “Damn,” Key cursed to himself when he realized he had never called to warn SeungRi ahead of time and now here he was at the gate, needing to buzz up to the apartment to unlock the door. He pressed the right number for SeungRi’s unit and shyly declared himself. It wasn’t in Key’s nature to be shy but he was in a rather embarrassing situation, ringing a practical stranger’s bell like this. “Umm, SeungRi hyung, I know it’s kinda late and I never texted you but I really need some alcohol and someone to talk to so could you pretty please let me in.” Key’s words slurred together as he spoke fast enough that an auctioneer would be jealous. Thankfully, SeungRi was feeling generous and soon the door buzzed, allowing Key access to the building. Key dashed up the stairs to SeungRi’s apartment before slowing down, not wanting to appear more desperate than he already did. He knocked on the door, expecting to see a disheveled and pissed SeungRi. Instead he was greeted by the sight of a much quieter man with more defined muscles and kind eyes.

“SeungRi and Daesung are in Japan right now,” Tae-Yang said, “but you can talk to me if you’d like.” Key simply gazed in disbelief at the sunbae he had never met before and had just disturbed in his own home. “Daesung and I moved in to watch over our naughty maknae but they both abandoned me for a while.” Tae-Yang tried to explain the situation to Key, whose wide-eyed staring was making him self-conscious. Key was too busy trying to accept his current position and really appreciating the tank that left Tae-Yang’s fine arms bare to the eye to realize how uncomfortable he was making the older man. “You sounded kinda distressed over the intercom. You can tell me, you know, I can keep a secret, I promise. Or you don’t have to talk to me….” Tae-Yang trailed off, too shy to continue the one-sided conversation if Key was going to keep staring like that.

Key finally snapped out of his stupor and couldn’t help asking stupidly “You know who I am?”

 Tae-Yang chuckled softly and replied “Who doesn’t? I’m Tae-Yang by the way but you can call me Young Bae since we’re the only ones here.”

Key’s heart melted a little at being introduced by the man’s real name even though they had never met before. “I’m Kibum, then.”

“Kibum-shi, do you want to come in? If you still want to talk, I mean. We can’t stay in the hallway all night.” Tae-Yang rubbed the back on his neck, not certain how the taller man would respond.

Key studied the Big Bang member, unsure he should confide such secrets in a stranger he just met. His instincts whispered at him to trust Tae-Yang and Key fell victim to the sincere concern in Tae-Yang’s eyes. “I’m not sure you’re going to want to listen to all of this but I’ll tell you if you want.” He gestured to the apartment and followed the other singer inside. “You got any soju, Young Bae-hyung?”

Key liked the way the name rolled off his tongue far too much.

 

Author's Note

Okay, how adorable would it be if Keyseop was actually a real couple? That would probably make my life. Whad you guys think of the first chapter? Setting up lol