Chapter 1

The Giraffe and The y Goat

 

“I’m already here, Suzy-ah. I don’t know, about thirty minutes, maybe. Yeah. Haha no problem. I know, blame the traffic as much as you want. Okay. See you.”

Mina ringed off the call and put her phone back to its first place. Frown formed on her face as she wondered how did the traffic being jammed considering that today was Saturday and the roads were supposed to having less vehicles.

She was going to meet up her old friends, and choosing Saturday out of the days was such a good idea since she wouldn’t do anything at home – it was a monthly meeting and usually held in a small yet cozy café in Yongchun-goo.

She took up the mug, slightly tilted her head to inhale the aromatic smoke over her hot caramel machiatto. After sipping a bit, she took a mirror out of her handbag and began to fix up her fringe. Her shiny black hair hung loosely over her shoulders, making every girls would envy of it. She then caught a glimpse outside. It was already raining outside. People were rushing off to shield themselves away. Well, the café had a single window which wide enough to see outside. The café itself became more crowded by customers. She then plugged a headset into her iPod to drown out the noises around.

Few moments later, a hand suddenly poked her left shoulder, bringing her out of drifting nowhere – her mind.

“Aigo, you shocked me!” she held her chest, half shouted to the tall posture in front of her who was no other than her friend, Hyejeong. Looked like she had just come straight from the dance studio. She had been teaching temporary dance since last month.

“You must be daydreaming. You should thank to me for bringing you back to the reality,” Hyejeong replied as she had herself a seat. A waitress then came to her. “A cup of extra hot white mocha and a chocolatte muffin, make it warm.”

She then took off her beanie. Her face had been turning brownish, which seemed that she had done tanning. “How was your school?”

“Went on as usual, nothing special,” Mina answered, keeping her gaze at Hyejeong’s tanned face. “And you?”

“Same with you, but I’m gonna tell you something, Mina-ah!” she replied, suddenly lighted up at the ast words, making the other curios.

“Wow, what’s that?” she enthusiastically asked, unconsciously leaning her head forward.

“Haha hold up, Mina-ah,” Hyejeong giggled as she pinched both of Mina’s cheek, leaving her slightly winced in pain. “So, a friend of mine wants to get to know you.”

“Your friend? Who?”

Hyejeong leaned closer, changing her position to be more comfortable. “He’s Choi Junhong. He’s still a freshmen but we are commonly hanging out together when lunch break.”

“Remember when we had a chat on facebook last week? I was too attached to the chat even I didn’t realize his presence behind me. He then abruptly asked me who’s your name and asked me to tell everything as much as I could do about you, even to show him some of your newer photos and-” she stopped as the waitress came, bringing her order. “Thank you,” she said and nonchalantly drank the still-hot white mocha. “Omo this is so hot!”

Mina burst out laughing at her friend’s manner. “Blow it off first, you pabo. You ordered an extra hot one, aren’t you?”

Hyejeong shyly grinned, scratching her head as she put both of her palms in the mug to keep them warm.

“So, what did he do next?”

“He said that he wanted to get to know you. He even had already added you on facebook. Go and check it later,” she said. “It seems that he’s genuinely interested to you.”

Mina bit her bottom lip, looking away to the rain outside which seemed to be even heavier. She had never known a thing like this. How could a boy become so interested all of sudden to her. This wasn’t the first ever time a boy liked her. There were many, but they didn’t carry it on.

“What does he think about me?” she asked, trying her best to not sounded cockily.

 “Well, he thinks that you are kind. He once confessed that you have such a pretty face.”

Again, Mina bit her lip, and now followed by the heat which rapidly grew on her cheeks. “Omo you’re blushing, Mina-ah!” Hyejeong laughed, pointing out at those now-red cheeks.

Hyejeong then took out her brand new macbook to get onto her second world; Internet – She was an Internet maniac. Mina just looking out the window while it was getting late but there was no sign that Suzy would come. And it was right when her phone suddenly vibrated, showing a new message from Suzy that she had already blown out because the traffic was jammed badly and decided to go back home with a bunch of apologizes ended it up.

 “Suzy isn’t coming,” she said in a flat tone. Hyejeong just nodded, keeping her eyes locked to the screen. Mina just sighed heavily, moving down her gaze to the now-empty mug.

“A-ha! This is Junhongie,” Hyejeong suddenly chirped out as she turned around her macbook to Mina. The screen was showing a selca of her with a boy which seemed younger. He had a bluish hair \The haistyle when Zelo appeared on Killing Camp along with all the members\ and cute yet handsome face.

She sank deeply in thoughts, and  could feel herself blushing again. Her heart seemed to jump out of its place right now. It was too overwhelming. The boy who liked her was actually adorable. Freaking adorable.

“Mina-ah?”

“...”

“Yah!” Hyejeong shouted as she poked Mina’s head. “Where have you been? Outter space again?”

“Aish no. Wha-what makes you think about it?”

“Forget it, you’re such a queen of daydreamer,” Hyejeong rolled her eyes and took another sip of her mocha. “He still has that childish manner. However, I sometimes will be amazed by the way he thinks. With that freaking tall figure, I feel like a cat standing next to a giraffe.”

“A giraffe?”

“His height is 182cm for God’s sake,” Hyejeong shouted loudly then covering with her palm once she realized that some eyes were looking straight to her with a judgmental gaze.

Mina gulped. It meant, he had the same tall with his older brother, Kwon Minsung, even 2 cm taller. Another monster was living.

They had such a good talk until it was already 9pm. The rain finally stopped and it was time to go home. Both of them took the bus from different stops so they seperated ways and waving each other a goodbye.

As she reached her house, she made a straight run to her room.  After locking the door, she took off all of her clothes and began to wash herself. She then dried off her body, took out her pajamas from the closet and then went downstairs to get some snacks. She was going to check the facebook as soon as possible. She ended up getting a large bag of tempura-coated nori, lays, and a diet coke. She cursed herself for having snacks at late night before hurriedly went back to her room.

“Okay, let’s start,” she said as she her laptop while fixing her hair to make a ponytail. She gently tore off the lays and began to eat it. As he was going to get another chips, her facebook homepage had already opened, showing a single notification which definitely was from Junhong. She gestured her index finger on the mouse-pad to find it out and it was true.

“One friend request from Choi Junhong,” she said unconsciously. A dilemma suddenly came. She confused whether to accept the request or not.

Aigo what to do what to do...” she thought as she looked at Junhong’s display picture – a photo of him holding a skateboard and wearing a non-sleeved shirt, showing off some sweated muscles. “He likes skateboarding, eh? So cool... He’s handsome too. And those arms, it would be comfortable to have it around me. Aish Jebal, my mind, what is going on all of sudden? I even barely know him. Kya...” she freaked out, moved both of her palms out to cover her reddened face.

She took some breaths and calmed down a bit before eventually moved on the pointer to the ‘accept’ tab. Her heart raced a beat. She closed her eyes while her left hand held the armrest firmly.

Click! She finally accepted the request. As she took a look at the screen, she nearly couldn’t feel her heart as she got a message popped out, which was coming from the newly accepted Choi Junhong.

|Junhong: hi

Mina unconsciously smiled. Even bigger once she realized that the chat was clearly sent by Junhong, the adorable boy who she barely knew, even it was more likely sounded a bit too casual to start off the first ever chat. She hosed down for a while before landed her fingers over the keyboard.

|Mina: hi. you must be junhong

She mentally slapped herself for sending such a stupid chat. “Why on earth did I send it? Pabo mina,” she cursed herself, pouting. She kept on looking at it for a few times until she got replied.

|Junhong: yes. and you must be kwon mina

He must be feeling awkward,” she chuckled to herself.

|Mina: yeah, what else which pops out?

|Junhong: haha you started it first :D

|Mina: aish whatever~

|Junhong: sorry, err what am i supposed to call you?

|Mina: i’m a 93 liner ^^

|Junhong: omo! you are my noona then. i’m a 96 liner

|Mina:  really?

|Junhong: yeah. i thought you were younger than me

|Mina: me too! i thought you were older than me

             wait! you said i’m younger? am i look that young?

|Junhong: yup. you’re small too

|Mina: aish don’t judge me by my appearance ><

|Junhong: aigo... sorry, noona! then what makes you think i’m older?

|Mina: i guessed it

|Junhong: omo but still i’m younger than you :)

|Mina: haha

The chat was hanging as neither she and Junhong were typing. Mina herself had already sweating, the feelings were strong enough to kick away the coldness around her. Her heart was still beating fast. Even she could clearly hear the thumps as it had already 11pm the rest of her family should have already been sleeping. “Please go on,” she silently pleaded.

|Junhong: gotta sleep right now. uhm, see you next time, i guess?

|Mina: yeah

|Junhong: well, good night, noona! have a nice dream ^^

|Mina: yeah. sleep well, junhong-ah!

And by that, Junhong logged out, leaving the still-blushing Mina dissapointed. But it was enough for the starter. She thought that he was kind, and an easy going one, judging by the recent conversation.

Mina flopped down on her bed, hugging her pillow tightly as she randomly chirping like a bird. The short chat was seemed to inject up a happiness on her as she fell asleep with a big smile formed on her lips.

This Choi Junhong had just become a something.


How was it? Let me know by leaving your comment below! :D

Do subscribe lol