He's back.

I Still Care

"YAH. KEVIN WOO! STOP IT OR I'LL KILL YOU!" Hyeneul shouted, while laughing and trying to escape from Kevin, who is tickling her. "Nah, not until you take back what you said earlier." And with that, he started tickling her more, with her kicking and giggling under him.

 

Kevin and Hyeneul. And if you ask Seoul Arts High School about these two, you should expect that the answers would be; "Ah, those two. They're cute together!" "They're like the best of friends!" "You wouldn't ever see Hyeneul without Kevin by her side, and vice versa." "THE BEST COUPLE THAT EVER EXISTED."

 

And yes. They're together. For almost a year by now. They're childhood friends. They know each other very well. They don't hide anything from each other.

 

"But but..it's true though oppa! You really do look like a girl!" Kevin stopped from what he's doing and narrowed his eyes at Hyeneul. *Uh, oh.* She thought as she turned her attention to her hands, and played with them. He brought his face dangerously close to hers and lifted her chin with his left index finger. "Repeat what you said." He ordered her.

 

Hyeneul felt very nervous. She never ever saw Kevin like this in her whole life. He's usually bright, and funny, and cheerful, and everyone calls him, "The Mr. Sunny-sunshine." He's like another version of EXO-K's Chanyeol.

 

"Okay. Sorry oppa. I was just kidding, you see, we're playing around here, right?" Her voice is shaky and Kevin bit his lower lip. *I know, Hye, I know.* He prevented himself from laughing because of her state. *She must really be nervous as hell. I feel guilty now but oh well. There's no turning back.* "It hurts, Hyeneul, do you know that?" He told her.

 

"I..I..I know. I was just kidding, okay. How many times should I say that?" "Well you should've think first before speaking because even though you don't really mean it, it still hurts." He slightly raised his voice. Gaining some of people's attention. "Oh my, are they fighting?" "What? HyeVin please don't!"

 

"Oppa.." She trembled and bit her lips. *Oh God. Hyeneul don't cry.* Kevin wanted to say and comfort her. But he still wanted to 'play' and see how she would respond. As he was about to continue his drama again, Hyeneul's phone rang. She took it out and looked at the screen to see who called. Unknown number. *Weird.* She thought and she answered it.

 

"Hye.."

 

Hyeneul's world seemed to stop.

 

She heard his thick breathingand his voice was like a melody to her ears as she called her again.

 

Kevin noticed this. *Don't tell me...* "Wait Neullie. What's happening? Are you okay? Who's that?" He tried his best to gain her attention but failed.

 

When Hyeneul got her senses, she muttered a 'see you later' to him and ran away. Kevin looked at her figure disappearing on the seas of students. He looked down. *So it's him.*

 

 

 

 

 

When Hyeneul reached the rooftop, she brought her phone to her ears. "Who..who's this?" She asked even though she already know the answer. The other line laughed a little and answered her, "I can see you already forget me."

 

Silence filled the air. Hyeneul just listened to him, even though he's not saying anything. She missed his voice. She missed how he sound in the morning. She missed how he'll call her, "Hye..". She missed him.

 

"It's me." He said and she mumbled. "I know.."

 

"How's life?" "Why did you call?" They both said as the same time. Hyeneul ignored what he said and asked another thing again. "Why did you bothered calling? I thought you don't want to see me nor hear about me again?" She looked up at the sky to prevent tears from flowing.

 

"Hye..stop crying." That's all he said. "Answer my questions." She demanded. He hung up and Hyeneul started to feel anger. "How can he.." She whispered. "Hung up?" Her eyes widen as she saw him.  He started walking towards her and stood right in front of her.

 

Tears were flowing down her cheeks and she punched his chest numerous times.

 

And when she knew she couldn't hold it anymore, she ran away from him. She end up on an empty classroom and cried her heart out.

 

Someone passed by and saw her. "Oh my God Hyeneul. Why are you crying?" It's her best friends, Raehwa and Soorim. They ran to her and Hyeneul immediately sobbed on Raehwa's shoulder as Soorim pat her back for comfort. "We saw...him...today, Hye." Raehwa carefully said. "Is it because of him?" Soorim asked.

 

Hyeneul just slowly nodded and continued to cry. "Let it out, unnie. I'm here..Rim unnie and I are here."

 

 

 

 

 

Hyeneul dropped her bag on the couch and walked to her room lifelessly. Soorim looked at the weak her and shook her head. Raehwa followed her her gaze and it end up on the door of Hyeneul's room. "It hurt her that bad, right?" Soorim asked and Raehwa nodded. "Of course. Until now." *She loved him that much.* They both thought.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, everyone's curious at what happened to Hyeneul. "Did they really broke up?" Some thought as she passed by. She's oblivious to her surroundings. She's looking down and in a deep thought. Kevin saw her and ran to her. He hugged her really tight. "Kev..I can't breathe." He losen his hold and held her shoulders. "What happened?" Hyeneul only shook her head and smiled a little. Before going to her class.

 

 

 

 

"Hye..unnie..he...he's sick." Soorim panted. "Kevin?" Hyeneul's brows met. Soorim shook her head and said. "Luhan. He's sick. Flu." "What?! Where's he? Who's taking care of him?" "His house. Raehwa is currently there. We saw him fainted and found out that he's sick. Like really. His body temperature is high." And with that, Hyeneul ran to Luhan's place.

 

When she arrived, she knocked and Raehwa opened it. "Oh unnie.." "Thank you Rae." "It's nothing." "You can leave now. I'll take care of him." "Okay. Take care, both of you." Raehwa grabbed her jacket and bag and left Luhan's house.

 

"Lu?" She called out and opened a door. She looked around the room and saw Luhan sleeping quietly in his bed, with a damp towel in his head.

 

She silently walked towards him and sat beside him. She touched his forehead with the back of her palm and shook her head. "Since when, Luhan? How many times do I need to tell you to don't overwork yourself?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan woke up and saw Hyeneul sleeping with a very uncomfortable position. When he sat up, he felt very light already. He checked his temperature and saw that it went back to normal. He glanced at Hyeneul, then he stood up and layed her on his bed. A strand of hair fell down her face and he tucked it behind her ear.

 

Luhan caressed her cheeks. *Why did I let you go?* He sighed at the thought. *You deserve someone a lot better than me, Hye.*

 

Hyeneul opened her eyes and the first thing she saw is Luhan. "Oh, you're okay now?" He just nodded. She took her phone and looked at the time. 2:24am. *Crap.*

 

"You can stay over." Luhan said. *Is he reading my mind?* "And no I'm not. It's very dangerous for you to go home at this time." He added. "Where would I sleep?" She asked. And instead of answering, he just hugged her and layed down with her in his arms. Hyeneul's eyes widen. She missed this warm and safe feeling.

 

"Why did you came?" Luhan whispered with his eyes closed.

 

She answered,

"I came because...... I still care."

 

He asked again. "Why did you bothered to stay and take care of me?"

 

"I stayed because I still care."

 

"Do you.......still love.....me?" And this time, Luhan had his eyes open, making an eye contact with her.

 

She took a deep breath. Closed her eyes, opened it again and answered.

 

 

 

 

"I may not love you anymore, but..I still care, Luhan. I still care."

 

 

 

 

Silence took over, again. Just like what happened on the rooftop of her school.

 

There was a very long pause until Luhan spoke.

 

"You're lying."

 

Hyeneul's jaw dropped. "W-What do you mean? I don't care anymore? Waa. Luhan, fine. Think what you what. But I still care, maybe not as a girlfriend---" She stopped. "Maybe not as a girlfriend? What?"

 

"anymore, but at least, as a friend." She continued and looked down.

 

"Don't you love me anymore, Hye?" He asked her with a low and soft voice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I...Luhan...I..still do.." She whispered.

 

With that, Luhan locked his lips with hers. Hyeneul was shocked at first but kissed him back and tangled her fingers with his hair.

 

When he pulled back, he leaned his forehead with hers. "I'm gonna tell you a secret. I still love you, too." Luhan smiled. His smile made Hyeneul do the same.

 

"But...what about Kevin?" She frowned. He just pecked her lips and layed down with her again. "Let's just not think about that for now and enjoy the moment." He answered.

 

 

And they both drifted off to sleep.