Practice time

Drive Away to Your Dream Boy

 

 

Hyung, break time.” Changjo notifies all his hyungs while unpack the foods from the huge paper bag. Their manager bought the foods on his way to Teen Top’s practicing room.

The other members are storming approaching the foods except for Chunji. He is too busy correcting his new dance move. Teen Top is making their comeback soon and he’s not yet able to make his part better.

Ricky comes and drags him to where the rest of the members are. “Chunji hyung, bab meogja (let's eat)~” As usual, he’ll do his aegyo (acting cute) to his hyung.

Chunji pulls back his hand and frown. “I’ll eat after I settle with my problem.”

“What problem?” C.A.P looks at L.Joe who is sitting the closest to him.

However, before L.Joe could reply, Chunji answers his question. “My dance move.” He says and walks back nearer to the mirror. Chunji pushes his bangs away from his forehead - revealing his sweats. He wipes it with a small towel around his neck and throws it on the floor later.

“But, your move is already good.” Niel shoves a spoon of the beany rice inside the bowl in his hand into his mouth.

With a mouthful, Ricky butts in. “Yeah, I’f shzeen ik.”

L.Joe, C.A.P, Changjo and Niel fix their eyes at Ricky with a what-did-you-say-expression on their face. Ricky quickly munches the food in his mouth and swallows it loudly before he repeats his sentence. “I’ve seen it.”

Chunji ignores him and takes a step to the front and starts his dance choreography again.

“Come on.” L.Joe pleads him. “At least take a bite or you’ll lose your energy.”

Without looking at them, Chunji responds. “It’s fine. I’ll eat later.”

“We’ve been practicing since early morning. Why don’t you-” L.Joe doesn’t want to give up in making Chunji rest but his intention is cut off, when C.A.P shakes his head, as a sign to let it go. Chunji is nowhere near stops right now. His enthusiastic in practicing can’t be brought to pause by anyone exclude for himself. 

Right then, their dance instructor sees that it’s time for him to take his action. Teen Top has been practicing hard these days. Only several days left until their comeback but these boys are still human being. He stands up and calls out, “Boys.” The  firm voice of the dance teacher is echoing inside the practice room – drawing their attention to him.

“Get up and right now.” He turns the music on again. “Go and join Chunji.”

Ricky bawls to his teacher. “But we haven’t finish.” He wails and exchange looks with the other members.

One word. Only one word that comes out from their instructor and make them raise their bottoms up from theirs sitting position. “Now.” He says with an expressionless reaction.

They put their foods down insincerely and arrange themselves into their position. They only had their rest for 5 minutes and they already have to get back to practicing.

Chunji is a bit shock with what their dance instructor just did. He feels at fault that it’s probably because of him that the he acted like that out of the blue. He decides to follow what others told him to do earlier. “I think I do want to get some rest right now hyung.” He said to the instructor.

“No. You got your chance and you rejected it.” He answers. “Now, get back to your routine.”

Chunji bit his lower lip - with a guilty feeling conquering him.

Their manager plays the song again. Teen Top begins to dance and focusing more on their step. Ricky greets his teeth and most of the other members are not smiling while dancing and unfortunately the instructor sees it.

“What is up with all of your face? Are you going to give that kind of expression to your fans?” The dance instructor said sarcastically while they are doing their dance routine. “Enjoy it.” Request the instructor – more like forcing them. “Feel. Your. Lyrics. And. Dance!” He shouts and at the same time he clap his hand at every word he said.

In a blink they change their mood to a happy and more pleasurable choreography. Turns out, they really do enjoy it after another round of the dance. They forgot about their left out meals and the fact that their dance instructor screamed at them just now.

Once the second round end, all of them collapse on the floor.

“Aaah!” Niel screams to the ceiling. “This is so tiring.”

L.Joe who is laying his body on the floor, breathlessly agree with him. “True.”

“Look on the bright side,” C.A.P stands, clutching his hands to his waist. His sleeveless shirt is already wet with sweats. He takes in another one deep breath before continuing his sentence. “We enjoy it right?”

They all nod in the same time. Seeing them laying all over on the floor in the practice room, a sly smile curves on the instructor's lips. “You guys tired?”

“Totally!” Ricky cries out.

“Alright then,” The instructor flashes his teeth to them. “That’s a wrap for today. You guys can go home and get some rest.”

Hyung, it’s not even noon yet.” Chunji checks the timer again and curiously blinks at his dance instructor. “Why are we finishing early?”

“I’m satisfied with you guys today and so, I think it’s already enough of practice... for today. I’m giving you guys a half day off.” He announces follow by a cheerful laugh coming out from his mouth.

“Is that why you forced us to dance just now?” L.Joe inquires.

Niel continues L.Joe’s sentence. “Because you’re letting us to go home early?”

Their instructor snorts. “You guys should’ve known me better.”

“It’s true then?” Chango asks, still in confusion.

“Yes.” He responds and widens his eyes to emphasise on his word. “Go home. Before I change my mind.”

Ricky and Niel jump up to their feet and hug their instructor. “Thank you hyung-nim. Saranghae! (i love you)

“Alright, alright.” The middle-aged man let out some giggle while pushing the two boys away from him. “Don’t forget to clean yourself up first before leaving.” He reminds them.

Ne! (Yes!)” All of them answers with a merry voice.