How he saw her.

The One I Choose To Love

 

Mrs. Shin walked inside her eldest daughter room only to find her sleeping with her head resting on a book in her study table. “Tsk, Yunhee, when will you use your bed?” she shook her head as she smiled at the sleeping figure. “Yunhee, sweety, wake up. You’ll be late for school if you don’t go and prepare now.” Mrs. Shin softly said as she shook her. 
 
 
Moments after Yunhee woke up with an alarmed expression on her face. “Oya! Umma!” Yunhee sat up as she look at the clock which was quietly hanging on the wall. Her eyes widened when she realised that she only have a couple of minutes to spare before leaving for school.
 
 
“Omo umma! Thank you for waking me up! I can’t be late! I need to submit an essay on my first period. Kyaa!” She screamed as she ran inside the bathroom grabbing all her stuff from her cabinet.
 
 
Mrs. Shin looked at the bathroom door and shook her head. “I hope one day you’ll learn how to relax Yunhee ah.”
 
 
Downstairs both Mr. Shin and Yoomi was peacefully eating while chatting about random stuff. “Oh umma! Is unnie ready to leave? We will both be late if she don’—“
 
 
“Yoomi ah! Let’s go! You don’t want to be late don’t you.. Bye umma! Bye appa!” Yunhee chirped as she ran down the stairs grabbing her shoes and quickly stuffing her feet in. “Yunhee! Make sure you fix your hair before you go to class!” Mrs. Shin yelled as she looked at her two daughters who are practically running down the street. “My girls. Just like their father.”
 
 
“Hm? You were saying something?” Mr. Shin asked as he placed the newspaper on the table. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Unnie, when will you ever let the whole school population know that we are sisters? I feel bad when I see you eating alone during breaks. My friends and I really want to sit and accompany you. Don’t you feel lonely?” Yoomi asked her older sister with concern.
 
 
*You have no idea how much I wanted to have someone to sit with me during morning tea and lunch break Yoomi, you have no idea.* “It’s okay Yoomi, thanks for letting me know. But I guess it’s better if we stayed like this. I’m still your older sister at home! And at heart.” Yunhee smiled, patted Yoomi’s head before entering the school gates. “See you at home.” Yunhee mothed.
 
 
“Omo! Look! There’s Chanyeol oppa, Sungjae oppa and Sungyeol oppa!” a girl cried as she ran passed Yunhee. 
 
 
*What’s up with those people. I still don’t get why they love them so much. Are they some sort of gods?* Yunhee thought as she entered her classroom. 
 
 
Few minutes later the busy hallway was all cleared as classes were about to start. Chatters filled every classroom but soon fades. 
 
 
Yunhee was peacefully sitting at the far end of the classroom close to the window, far from everyone else. The peacefulness did not last long though. Minsoo, the biggest bully in their school was unfortunately in Yunhee’s class. Everyone was afraid of him, not only because he looks intimidating but also because he has the ability to hurt anyone without being caught by the teachers. 
 
 
“Hey nerdy!” Minsoo started as he grabbed Yunhee’s book and started to flick through the pages. “So, why were you a dreaming? Is it because of drugs that you were zoning out?” Minsoo snickered as he sat on Yunhee table. Students around them started to whisper at one another as they look at Yunhee.
 
 
*Not this again. Please go away.* “So, you really won’t talk to me won’t you? The only time I hear your voice in class is when the teacher asks you something or when you need to ask something. Do you have any abnormalities or something?” he trailed off making Yunhee flinched.
 
 
Every day of the day Minsoo would never fail to bully Yunhee. As if it’s like a daily vitamin for him that he needed to piss her off or make her feel bad about herself. 
 
 
Yunhee was in the verge of crying when the teacher entered the room.
 
 
“Okay class settle down.” Miss Jung called out as she sets her books on the table. “Lucky bastard.” Minsoo mouthed at Yunhee before going back to his seat.
 
 
“So as I mentioned a yesterday, we will be having 2 new students.” She started.
 
 
Students started to talk at each other loudly, asking one another about the new students. “Come on, let me finish first!” Miss Jung snapped. Everyone turned quiet. “Thank you.”
 
 
“So before I introduce them to you, make sure you treat them nicely and help them if they need something.” She continued. Most students nodded their head in understanding while other just lazily looked at Miss Jung, showing no interest. 
 
 
“Minhyuk ssi and Myungsoo ssi, come in please.” Miss Jung ushered as the 2 gorgeous boys made their way inside the classroom. Girls started to squeal and blushed whenever the 2 boys turned their way. “Please introduce yourselves.”
 
 
“Annyeonghaseyo! My name is Lee Minhyuk, it’s nice to meet you all. I hope you look after me.” Minhyuk, good looking, calm friendly boy bowed as he flashed everyone a million dollar smile. “Welcome Minhyuk ssi~” Most students respond.
 
 
There was a long pause. “Ya, Myungsoo, say something.” Minhyuk whispered as he smile sheepishly at everyone. Myungsoo realised that everyone’s eyes on him, he then cleared his throat “My name is Myungsoo, it’s nice to meet you all.” He said sending a different vibe as Minhyuk. 
 
 
 
 
Minhyuk and Myungsoo are cousins. They grew up together and treated each other as brothers. They both arrived in Seoul few weeks after Myungsoo’s mother passed away. Minhyuk, he is a very cheerful, friendly, funny person. People likes him because of his good sense of humour and because he entertains everyone. On the other hand, Myungsoo is like Minhyuk’s dark side. He is a very cold person; he does not like to interact with people. He likes to be alone, except when Minhyuk’s around.   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was lunch break. The hallway was filled with students and so as the cafeteria. 
 
 
Yunhee was silently sitting in the corner of the room when someone tapped her shoulder. 
 
 
“Excuse me miss. Is anyone sitting here?” Minhyuk asked as he smiles down at her. Yunhee was beyond surprised. It was actually the first time someone asked her something so politely. People in their school would usually ask her something in a rude manner. But man, this Minhyuk guy is different. 
 
 
Yunhee shook his head and pushed her chair away from the table. She stood up and was ready to go when Minhyuk held her wrist. “I don’t mean to make you leave. We can share the table if you want. Please do sit.” Minhyuk said. “It’s okay. I’m done as well.” Yunhee answered before bowing down.
 
 
People stared at the little Minhyuk- Yunhee interaction. They were wondering why Minhyuk approached her, why he talked to her, why he touched her. The girls grew jealous wishing that it was them who sat at that very corner when Minhyuk is sitting. 
 
 
*Weird girl. What’s up with her? She looked so scared at me.* Minhyuk thought.
 
 
Soon later Myungsoo walked up at Minhyuk’s table with an apple on his hand. Before he could sit Minhyuk suddenly asked, “Myungsoo, do I look so scary?” Myungsoo sat at the chair as he stared at Minhyuk dumbfoundedly. 
 
 
“Scary? Why? Did something happened?” He asked him.
 
 
“Well, apparently there was a student here who was sitting a while ago. When I asked her if someone’s sitting here she just suddenly stood up and left. I was thinking maybe I scared her.” Minhyuk trailed off as he eat his lunch.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Omo! The trio is here! They’re so good looking!” someone screamed as Chanyeol, Sungjae and Sungyeol walked in the cafeteria. 
 
 
Minhyuk’s ears perked up when he heard the word “trio”. *Man Sungyeol wasn’t kidding when he told them that they were popular in school.*
 
 
“Maknae!” Minhyuk waved at Sungjae and the other two followed suit. “Yo hyungs! How was your first day?” Sungjae asked as he looked around looking for a particular person.
 
 
“It was okay. Nothing special. You looking for someone?” Minhyuk asked.
 
 
“Yes. The queen of Woolim academy.” The maknae grinned.
 
 
Right there and then a group of girls entered the cafeteria and people actually made way for them. It’s like Noah and the sea. 4 girls walked up flashing the most beautiful smile every human being could see. “It’s Tae Eun, Jinyoung, Chaerin and Yoomi!” A guy cheered, turning heads.
 
 
“And there she is. Shin Yoomi.” Sungjae said.
 
 
Myungsoo turned around and saw Yoomi cheerfully laughing with her friends. He saw her, and his eyes never left.