Drabble

Perfect World

Warning: Lots of references to different flavours (because I was craving the world when I wrote this). Very short. Un-beta'd. Inspired by the song Invisible Man by 98 Degrees.

 

 

 

 

 

You can hardly wait to tell all your friends
How his kisses taste sweet like wine
And how he always makes your heart skip a beat
Every time he walks by.

 

 


In a perfect world, Kris and Victoria fall into a love much like frosting to a cake; they’re sweet, gentle, easy on the senses, but most of all they are adored, admired for adoring each other. And, in this perfect world, they know nothing but each other—not the cotton like clouds, not the minty fresh breezes that brush past them from the spearmint colored trees.

Aside from the oxygen they breathe, they know nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lost in a love so real
And so sincere
You wipe away each other’s tears
Your face lights up whenever he appears

 

 

 


He gently runs his fingers over her silky hair, smiling at her when she gazes up to meet his eyes and her puffy lips curve into a little arch. Bending forward, he presses a saccharine like kiss against ; she tastes a little like cherries and a little like peaches.

“Kris…” She breathes against him, small hands resting on his chest. From the tips of her fingers, she can feel the rate of his heartbeat fluttering just beneath the material of his clothing.

Pulling back, he holds his large hands over hers and lowers them to their sides. “Hm?” Kris hums, chuckling softly when he realizes specks of red are blossoming in Victoria’s cheeks.

Victoria falls forward until her forehead is buried into his shoulder, eyes tightly shut. She grips tightly onto his hand; afraid everything will slip through the creases of her fingers and disintegrate into a pile of powder on the ground.

He reaches up with one hand and soothingly pets the back of her head, smiling secretively because Victoria was worried over the thought ofthem. It was a bittersweet agony that brought them more sweetness than sorrow.

In this perfect world, nothing ever goes wrong; not even when the sky falls over.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baby to you
All I am
Is the invisible man

 

 


But the world is not perfect.

In their imperfect world, Kris and Victoria do fall in love, but not with each other. They fall in love with an idea, almost to the point of obsession—the dream of being a bigger person; an icon that is respected by the world.

And aside from the spotlight they stand below, they know nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

-----

 


A/N: I may or may not expand this drabble into a proper story because I really liked this when I was writing it and it was sweet and lovely and I admittedly had a little fun. (I just really need to recover from my BangToria and HimToria spur and find my Kristoria feelings again ;A; Some people have accused me of neglecting EXOToria T__________T)