Hot Chocolate and Green Tea Latte

Of First Times and Coffee

 

Just so you know, this is in Zelo’s POV in case you haven’t noticed. Enjoy~ =w= I didn't edit it yet so please tell me if there are any grammatical mistakes in there. Thankyu! ^^

 

 


 

 

The many sounds of feet pitter-pattering echoed throughout the city. Breezes of air slightly brushed away my locks of my dyed greyish-blue hair, regardless if I had worn a beanie or not. Distant honks from cars made its way to my ears as I leisurely strolled through the town, an earbud dangling from one of them.

 

 

Earlier, I had decided to take some fresh air as a little break to my endless studying for finals, and had done so as I planned. This night was neither freezing cold or burning hot, but slightly both. A good thing if you ask me.

 

 

As I was traveling like there was no tomorrow, I unconsciously began to whistle a random tune, which was probably from the Ipod that was hidden deep beneath inside my pocket. Tonight, I was sporting a black beanie, a random T-Shirt I tossed aside in my room, covered by a black Unicef® hoodie, along with a pair of blue ripped skinny jeans, and a pair of blue and white striped basketball shoes.

 

 

I stared at the brightly lit shops that somehow became so eager when a customer decided to come in, luxuriously displaying all of its wealth to the moving passerbys. I boredly scanned my eyes across all of them, until they landed  and widened a bit with curiosity on a small music shop among the sea of designer brand stores. I entered it casually, taking glances around the area.

 

 

I took note that the store was pretty isolated, only about two or three people browsing the small shop. My feet subconsciously took me to the nearest section, which was where the music albums were displayed. I stared in a nonchalant manner at the stacks of music lining on the shelves, until I had caught one that seemed quite fascinating.

 

 

I picked up the album, taking in the detail of the cover. I took a note that there was some sort of an alien bunny(?) on there. My mind quickly recognized what it was. It was that B.A.P band that Samuel (my annoying younger brother) always “fanboyed” over. I figured I would at least be the nice older brother for today, and decided to go buy this album for him. Good thing the price wasn’t so bad.

 

 

“Seems you like that band too?” I looked up to see a boy around my age grinning at me, which I assumed he was the one I was talking to. The first thing I thought was, This kid has really small eyes.

 

“You could say that for yourself too.” I realized I had been talking out my thoughts, meaning that the guy heard it all, and quickly darted my eyes away, a light tinge of pink splattered across my face. The guy saw this action, and giggled a little bit, his eyes curving ever so slightly into crescents.

 

 

“Ah, sorry, but not really. This is for my brother. He’s a really big fan of them.” I returned the grin back in courtesy and I swore I saw a hint of disappointment flash across that guy’s face, before returning back to his original expression.

 

After a while of small talk about the weather today or so, I figured he wasn’t such a bad guy after all. His name was Jongup, he was a year older than me (sadly), and we both had a love for dancing, the only difference being I focused more on tutting rather than krumping, which turned out was Jongup's specialty. He also had an interest in music, his favorite artist being Chris Brown.

 

I bought the album and walked out with Jongup, and, deciding that we both were terribly thirsty, we went on a search for a nearby Starbucks.

 

When we nearly arrived however, it was beginning to pour quite heavily, but we managed to make it there in time, despite being almost completely soaked.

 

The café greeted us with a magnificent supply of manga books, and the warm cozy atmosphere suddenly made us feel dry again, as if we had never gotten wet once in our lifetime. We ordered our drinks and seated ourselves onto a table that was next to one of the windows.

 

I had chosen a hot chocolate (I wasn't really a lover of coffee) while Jongup had ordered a green tea latte (They sell those? I thought.).

 

We grabbed some novels and silently began to read, occasionally sipping our hot drinks. The only sounds you could hear in the room were the indistinct chattering of people, flips from pages in a book, and the slightly whirring of coffee machines and blenders.

 

As soon as we were done with the book, we would softly discuss about our reviews of the articles, describing if the action scenes were either packed enough or not. It had kept going like this, until it was getting quite late and the café was beginning to shut down for the day.

 

We grabbed our belongings and followed back the trail we came from. The rain had finally stopped precipitating and we were left with a cold and damp Seoul. When we arrived at our destination, we exchanged phone numbers, said our goodbyes, and left each other with a small grin on our faces.

 

And that’s how we both knew this was the start of a wonderful adventure, also known as our friendship.

 

 


 

 

Epilogue

 

Okay, so apparently it turns out Jongup left his key inside his very own apartment (Idiot.) and now he had the nerve to call and oblige me to go pick him up. I drove him back to my dorm, teasingly calling him a moron on the way. I figured he ignored all of my insults because he hadn't spoken a word on the ride so far and was in a trance at the blurry scenery.

 

When we arrived to my dorm and opened the door to it, we were greeted with a sight of four overly drunk older teenagers partying to horrible karaoke in our living room.

 

Oops. I forgot to mention that besides me, I live with two other people, Youngjae and Himchan. They treat me as a baby, which can get very annoying, especially when I go outside. They both have a best friend, Himchan’s being Yongguk and Youngjae’s being Daehyun. Those two usually invite them over for a small party, and tonight was no occasion.

 

“Sorry about that. They’re not like this everyday. It turns out they decided to buy some more soju. Again,” I cheekily apologized, mumbling the last part while giving a grin to him and scratching my non-itchy scalp. I took him to my bedroom, and after a fresh change of clothes and a relaxing shower (we were showering separately you erts), we were in my room playing video games.

 

“You should invite people to your house more often. It seems so distant and quiet all the time,” randomly commented Jongup, his eyes focusing on the screen in front of him.

 

“There’s a reason why I don’t,” I replied back. I was about to tell him why when the reason had already came.

 

Yongguk and Daehyun bashed open the door to my room, while doing what it seems a lip-locking session, both each other’s faces off and moving their hands in places I  never wanted to know and making inhumane sounds. It was so loud we even heard the terribly greasy yet dirty phrases shooting from their mouths.

 

We both shoved the two out there, locked the door, and instantaneously hid under the covers. Jongup had a scarred expression from the shock, somehow becoming incapable of speech. We hid under my blankets for quite some time, until Jongup had finally managed to regain his speech back.

 

“That was just...woah.” I never knew his eyes could get so big.

 

“And that’s why I never invite a lot of people to my house. You’re an exception though,” I boredly responded back, already used to this kind of stuff happening. I began examining my nails to ease the boredom of waiting for Jongup to return back to normal. Trust me, I’ve seen worse.

 

 


 

 

Um, hello. :9 Random bursts of inspiration happened again, and this came. I wish I wrote longer though. >Y< Please comment for me. It's nice to know that people are reading my story. :3