Sincheong 8: In Distress with Kai?

I Do, KyungSoo

Three months have passed since you turned into a new leaf. Three months have passed since you started your life as an SM trainee. Three months have passed since SM released a statement that you are a new trainee that EXO was presenting during their concert. Three months since the last time you saw him.

 

“I changed my mind. I’m accepting your offer.” you said finally, facing the man who can make it all happen.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“It won’t be easy. You’ll get hate messages an—“

“That’s better than being flayed alive by the sasaeng fans.” you stated. Your voice calm, but inside your in a rollercoaster.

“Yes.”

You simply looked at him.

“Welcome to SM, Sacheeko Yuuki.” he exclaimed, arms wide apart. Like he was accepting you. “You’ll do great, Sacheeko.”

 

***

 

“What?!” your father thundered as you said your decision. “ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND SACHEEKO?! DIDN’T I JUST TELL YOU TO STOP WITH THOSE IDOLS?! NOW WHAT DID YOU DO?! ARE YOU MAKING ME LAUGH?!”

“I wish I was joking, Appa. But.. no.” you said solemnly, “I really want to be a trainee.”

“No! You said all you wanted to do in life is eat the delicious food I make!”

“Appa~ I still do.” you muttered, placating him. “But I really want to be a trainee. An idol. I finally found something that I want to do.”

“But..” he debated, sitting on the chair in front of yours, “I won’t get to see you as often.”

“Appa! I am your daughter. Of course, I’ll visit you! How can you say I won’t?!” you exclaimed, flabbergasted by the thought. “And.. I won’t last a week without your food!” you said sheepishly.

“If that’s what you want to do..” your father said defeatedly, “I’ll support you.” As he rushed forward to give you a bear hug.

“Thanks appa~” as you tiptoed to give him a kiss on the cheeks, hugging him tightly in return.

 

***

 

“Yah! What are you spacing for?!” said Mirae, a trainee who often bullies you, as she poked your head.

“Don’t get too cocky just because it was CEO who recruited you as a trainee.” Eunbi seconded as she stood in front of you, “we all have the same rank here as a trainee.”

You merely stared at the two of them which seems to have made them angrier.

You don’t merit my retorts. Hahahaha! What will I eat for dinner today? I’m going home to appa since it’s Friday today~

“Yah! Are you listening to us?!” Mirae shouted, not caring if others hear her. After all, some of the other trainees already left and only the three of you were left behind.  You sighed inwardly; it was already a daily routine with Mirae and Eunbi bullying you.

“She thinks she’s superior than the rest of us.” As Eunbi bumped her shoulders to yours in a harsh manner.

You ignored them. Awww.  I miss Kyungsoo-ah~ It’s been a while since I last saw him. How is he? Is he still handsome? Omona~ Of course he is~ Kyaaaaaaaaaah! I want to see him so badly but I’m busy training and he’s busy promoting.

Dear world, please do everything in your power to let us see each other agaiiiiiin~ I promise I’ll train harder~ Give me motivation and inspiratioooooooooon~ Just a little bit of Kyungsoo in my life~ Just a little bit of D.O. that’s alright~ Lalalala~

In your peripheral vision you saw Mirae raise her hand to slap you. With lightning reaction, snapping out of your reverie, you grabbed her hand before it can hit you on your face.

“I don’t want any trouble, okay?” you said calmly, not yet releasing her hands as she struggled to let go, you held her tighter. “But if you want to bully me physically, that’s another thing. I can ignore your bashes but..” you trailed off as you loosened your grip, “hurting me would be too much.” you said darkly but with a hint of smile on your face.

The two of them looked at each other, surprised by your vicious voice. This was the first time you stood up for yourself.

“You bi—!” they exclaimed, but was cut offed by the sound of someone clapping. “Who are you?!” Eunbi snarled at the stranger.

“Hi!” the newcomer said with a smile, still clapping. “That was a good show. I was on the verge of calling hyung.”

“J-jongin o-oppa~”

“I thought you needed my help.” Kai said as he turned to you, “I was ready to be a dashing knight in baggy pants to save a Sachee in distress.”

“I don’t need your help.” as you sneak a peak around, if Kai is here….

“He’s not here.” Kai said noticing your actions.

“Oh.”

“And…” he said as he looked at the two girls who were listening to your conversation, “SM has zero tolerance for bullies, you know.” he said devilishly.

“Mianhe!” they dueted and scurried off like rats.

“Weirdoes~” you mused and then you laughed, “I guess I scared them huh? Omo~ That feels so gooooood! I want to try it again!” you said to yourself, forgetting that Kai was there.

Kai coughed to let his presence be remembered.

“Yah! What are you doing here by the way?”

“Is that how you greet someone you haven’t seen for three months?”

“I didn’t notice~ Kekeke.” You laughed as you saw him knot his forehead, “I’ve been busy practicing.” you said seriously.

“I see that.” As he took in your perspiration, he took out his handkerchief and wiped your sweat. You were staring at him uncomfortably. “So you were dancing, huh?”

“You’re weird today. Troublemaker.”

“Am I?” Kai laughed, which made you frown. “Let me see.”

“YAH! WHO ARE YOU?! WHY ARE YOU SO NICE TO ME?! WHERE’S KAI?! BRING HIM BACK!” you shouted, shaking him by the shoulders. He was a lot taller than you and was towering over your frame but you did so nonetheless.

“What’s wrong with being nice with you?!” he retorted. “Whatever. I’ll teach you how to dance.” He waved his hand absent-mindedly and played the song.

The first lines of 2Hyun’s Troublemaker filled the air. You looked at him and saw that he was looking at you. His face has changed; it was the face whenever he was dancing on stage. The alluring face like he’s seducing everyone who sees him.

“I’ll be your partner.” He said as he took Hyunseung’s place.

And then you were rather dancing seductively.

With Kai as your partner.

“Be more alluring.” he whispered when he was behind you holding your hand, guiding them.

***

After the seductive yet awkward dance practice, both of you were glistening with sweat. *lol at this~ Green author, yah! This is hard for me to write. TT^TT~*

“You’re good. With a little bit of practice.” he said as he helped you stand up. You accepted his hand and asked him the question you were thinking of since the moment he entered the room.

“Where’s Kyungsoo-ah?” you asked him, smiling.

In a flash, gone was the friendly smile on Kai’s face and was replaced by a neutral expression. His eyes were in slits as he was looking at you.

“He’s at the dorm.”

You were taken aback by the sudden change of his attitude. You took a step back in fright. “Did I say something wrong?” you asked silently.

“Stay away from hyung.” He said as he made his way towards the door.

ASDFGHJKL! WHO ARE YOU TO ORDER ME AROUND?! NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY CAN STOP ME FROM LOVING KYUNGSOO!

“Stay away.” he said with one last look, but.

BOOM!

A towel hit him hard on the face. Bull’s eye!

“Hey!” he shouted, he got something from his pocket and threw it to you.

You catch it with your hands and saw a pack of cookies.

“That’s from hyung.” he said monotonously, “he asked me to give that to you.”

“Kamsaham—“

“Before you thank me,” he said cutting you off, “I didn’t do it for you. It was for Kyungsoo-hyung. If it were up to me, I wouldn’t give that to you. He baked that himself.”

“Thanks, Kai.”

“Jongin-oppa.” he said.

“Huh?”

“Call me Jongin-oppa.”

“EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!” you shrieked, “We’re the same age!”

“I’m still your senior.” he said before taking his leave. “And stop that twinkling thing with your eyes. I will do everything to make hyung stop thinking about you.”

 

--- 

AN: First update for the day! Yah! I'll double update today.. SACHEEEEEEEE-UNNIE~ The update for BLS okay? :))