Chapter 38: The Project

THE HEIRESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 38: The Project

 

 

 

*RIING*

 

 

Top, with his phone on his ears, straightened his suit with his free hand as he walked along the arrival lobby inside the Incheon airport. He just arrived from his flight from New York.

 

After cancelling his marriage with Yoona a week ago, her family had to cancel their partnership on their supposedly New York expansion, and he had to do some damage control before it totally go down the drain. It’s the least he could do for his grandfather’s company before he even think of totally focusing on pursuing Dara.

 

“Yeobseyo, yep, I just landed… Arasso. I’ll meet with her later.” Top said over the phone. Taeyang just notified him that the witch wanted to see him as soon as he steps on Korean soil.

 

A smirk tugged on his lips as the excitement he feels inside couldn’t be restrained anymore. Dara, I’m back.. and I’m here to get you back.

 

 

..

 

 

“Dara, are you ok?” Mr. Kim asked his daughter who’s silently sitting beside him inside their car. They were on their way to the Choi Mansion for the dinner which Mrs. Choi had them invited weeks ago. He glanced at his daughter worriedly, she was wearing a simple midnight blue tube dress that falls just inches above her knees while a  silver necklace with a tear drop pendant hang around her neck and finishing off her look with silver stilettos.

 

“Yes father, don’t worry about me.. I’m just not yet used to these kind of gatherings.” Dara turned to face her father and gave him an awkward smile.

 

“Don’t worry, Jiyong and his father will be there too.” Mr. Kim gently pats Dara’s knees. “I know you two had been getting along these past few days.” He teased.

 

“Dad! We… we’re just friends.. Close friends.  Nothing more.” Dara tried to reason out. It’s still pretty awkward talking to her dad once in awhile and talking about her love life doesn’t make it less any awkward either.

 

“Hahahaha! Don’t worry.. You don’t have to tell me anything Dara if you don’t want to.. But, if ever you need some ‘guy’ advice... you can always count on me..” Mr. Kim raised his brow up and down.

 

“Yeah right, says the one who was inlove and is still inlove with the same woman in his entire life.” Dara chuckled.. “Why won’t you date anyone Dad? I know Mom would be happy for you if you will.”

 

“Aigoo… how could you turn the topic on me so easily, huh?..” Mr. Kim smiled.. “Arasso, I won’t meddle with your love life.. as long as you don’t meddle with mine. Deal?”

 

“Haha! Dad, I sure want you to meddle with my love life, what if some jerk suddenly broke your only daughter’s heart? Huh?!” Dara joked while dramatically clenching her heart.

 

“Hahaha! You sure sound like your mother.. Arasso.. I’ll beat the hell out of any young man who’ll break my precious daughter’s heart. I won’t stop until they’ll beg for their life.” Mr. Kim said as he fake punch his palm, that earned some hearty laugh from Dara.

 

..

..

 

“Welcome, Mr. Kim and Miss. This way please.” The butler said to the two upon entering the mansion.


Dara fidgeted with her purse while she roams her eyes around. The place was huge, much bigger than theirs, but it was eerily quiet and a gloomy atmosphere emanates from the surrounding. Giving off a sad and uninviting feel.

 

Not long, they arrived on a spacious living room. A big fireplace is built on the far left and two black leathered sofas were methodically placed on the center of the room facing each other. The floor was adorned with light brown carpet and a simple chandelier was hanging by the ceiling. A big glass double door was half covered by brown heavy curtains on the other side of the room.

 

“Please, make yourself at home. Madam would be with you shortly. For the meantime, here are some drinks and some caviar.” The butler said after two maids entered the room holding trays and walked towards Dara and Mr. Kim.

 

They each grab a wine glass from the tray and mumbled their thank you’s.  Mr. Kim then paced around the room examining the paintings hanging on the walls. While on the other hand, Dara could only sit at the nearest sofa while she took a sip from her wine glass.

 

*Beep*

 

“Dee.. you already there? “– Ji

 

Dara read Jiyong’s text message from her phone. And she can’t help but to feel relieved at the thought that Jiyong and his father would soon be joining them.

 

“Yup, we just got here. It’s pretty creepy around here. Come quick. Miss you already…--”

 

Dara thought for awhile if she should send the last three words.. It’s true, she missed him already. They haven’t seen each other since she visited him and Donghae at their office with deokbokki couple of days ago. She was busy with her studies since in a couple of months she and Bom will be graduating college. And most of her subjects were pretty demanding and taking most of her time.

 

Aigoo… She thought as she closed her eyes and tap on the send button. She carefully opened her eyes and stared at her phone... Minutes had passed and Jiyong hadn’t replied yet.

 

She involuntarily pouted and shoves her phone back on her purse.  

 

*RIIING*

 

She slightly jumped, surprised at her phone’s ringing tone. She hastily pulled out her phone from her purse and saw Jiyong’s name flashing across the screen. “omo!’ Dara panicked not knowing what to do.. she’s pretty sure Jiyong will about her text.

 

“Y-yeobseyo?”

 

“Missing my beautiful face already?” Jiyong teased.

 

Dara rolled her eyes on how Jiyong sounded so cocky. “Yah! I take it back.. I don’t miss you.. you conceited, arrogant—“

 

“I miss you more Dee...” Jiyong cut her off..

 

Dara shut as her heart skipped a beat. She felt giddy all of a sudden just because of Jiyong’s words.

 

“Yah…You still there? Anyways, we’re almost at the mansion. See you then.. bye Dee.” Jiyong said before ending the call which left a stunned Dara.

 

..

 

Minutes passed Jiyong and his father entered the living room. With Jiyong wearing a proud smile on his face upon seeing Dara. He was wearing black suit with navy blue necktie that coincidentally matched Dara’s blue dress.

 

“Wow.. are we going on a prom?” Jiyong exclaimed as he walked towards Dara and settled himself beside her on the sofa.

 

Dara ignored him and bowed at Jiyong’s father, before glancing back at him. “Yah! Take off that necktie.. our father would think we really are a couple.. and besides blue doesn’t suit you.”

 

“Most of my past girlfriends said it complimented my fair skin you know..” Jiyong said in his most serious tone while rearranging his necktie on his neck.

“Girlfriends??” Dara’s eyed grew as saucer.

 

“Hahahaha! Just kidinng Dara. You really are gullible, Dee.” He teased as he pinched Dara’s cheeks.

 

Oblivious to the two, both there father were intently studying them while exchanging meaningful glances at each other. Mr. Kim smiled and slightly raised his wine glass towards Mr. Kwon and the latter did the same. As if an agreement between the two had been made.

 

“Mr. Kwon, Mr, Kim… glad you could come.” Mrs. Choi suddenly said upon entering the room.

 

Dara and Jiyong both stand up and greeted the old lady, who was elegantly wearing a black dress adorned with expensive pearls around her neck.

 

“It was our pleasure to be here, Mrs. Choi” Mr. Kim said.

 

“Glad you’d invited us.” Mr. Kwon said “Fine house you got here.”

 

“Yes, thank you. My grandson will soon join us, he’s currently acting as the CEO, so it’s better to talk about the business matter later when he’s here.” Mrs. Choi said while facing the two elders. “Ah.. Ms. Kim, glad you could come. I believe you and my grandson knew each other before?” She then turned and glanced at Dara who was standing beside Jiyong.

 

Dara stiffened upon hearing the old lady’s words. His Grandson? She thought as she barely caught a glint of emotion passed by the old woman’s eyes. Anger?

 

“His name is Choi Seunghyun.. I believe you were more than friends with him?” Mrs. Choi said and turned her attention back to the older Kim..” I hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter