Chapter 36: Dee and Ji

THE HEIRESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 36: Dee and Ji

 

 

 

 “Ji, are you sure about this?” Dara asked totally puzzled why out of all the restaurants in Seoul would they be eating at the same restaurant Jiyong saw Sohee cheating on him.

 

“You said so yourself, you wanted to try this restaurant. And we never get to eat the last time we went here.. So, here we are.” Jiyong said while looking at the menu, still trying his best to forget their little fiasco back at the car.

 

“But.. this is where… you know.. Sohee?” Dara tried to reason out, concerned about  Jiyong being uncomfortable eating there. Cause if it was her, she’ll totally burn the restaurant down just to forget about something that had hurt her once.

 

“Dara…” Jiyong said while folding down the menu and glancing at a worried Dara.. “Just order ok? Don’t worry about me… besides, I’m also curious about their famous lamb chop.” He said with an awkward grin on his face

 

Dara stared at Jiyong… How could you be so sweet at times and be totally jerk at one point?.. Dara quizzically thought. A warm smile crept into her face while reaching to touch Jiyong’s hand on the table. “Thank you..”

 

Jiyong can’t help the faint blush that had appeared on his cheeks. Her touch sent tiny electrical sparks emanating from her fingertips all the way to his heart. Surprised, he abruptly pulled his hand away as he cleared his throat and glance away from Dara.. “No problem, D” he said trying his best to look calm, but inside he was doing summersaults just because of a smile and her touch.

 

Dara giggled seeing Jiyong all tensed up. Ok… that was cute. Kekekeke! She thought as she grab the menu and tried her best to concentrate on reading.

 

After a few minutes their waiter arrive.. “Ma’am, are you ready to order?” the young boy asked while flaunting his brightest smile trying to get the gorgeous lady’s attention.

 

“Umm.. I don’t know… what’s your restaurant’s specialty?” Dara asked while intently looking at the menu totally oblivious to the waiter’s meek attempt on flirting.

 

The waiter smiled thinking it was his chance, moved closer to Dara’s side while slowly bending and carefully pointing their famous steak on the menu. His face was almost a few inches beside Dara. And he can’t help but feel intoxicated with her sweet smell.

 

Jiyong clenched his fist  as he cleared his throat hoping to catch the waiter’s attention away from Dara. But to his dismay, the waiter just ignored him. Oh! You are so dead! You dare touch one finger on her and you are so gonna be dead!! Jiyong silently cursed as he sent daggers towards the young waiter.

 

“Jiyong, what about you? What’s your order?” Dara looked up at Jiyong.

 

Jiyong’s face abruptly softened and answered “How about we try those lamb chops, BABE?” emphasizing a little bit on his last word while stealing a quick angry glance at the waiter. Yeah, she’s taken ! He thought to himself.

 

The waiter taking Jiyong’s gesture as a warning, stood up straight and tried his best to look professionally calm.

 

“Ok, two lamb chops please?” Dara smiled at the waiter.

 

Without a word the waiter wrote their order on a piece of paper before bowing at them and leaving their table.

 

Dara raised her brow at Jiyong. She clearly heard the word ‘babe’… even though it sounds so nice coming from Jiyong, but it was infact one of Top’s pet name for her when they were still together.

 

“Please don’t call me babe..” Dara said

 

“Oh.. did I? Sorry…” Jiyong awkwardly said realizing his stupid impulsive thinking. Yet somehow disappointment took over him, and he doesn’t even know why, just because Dara rejected the word ‘babe.’

 

“Don’t take it the wrong way, Is just that.. someone once called my by that name, and somehow it just doesn’t feel right, you know..” Dara sadly said while unconsciously arranging her utensils infront of her.

 

“Is it that Choi Seunghyun guy?” Jiyong courageously asked. You really are a masochist Jiyong! He thought to himself.

 

“Yes..” Dara meekly said while glancing at Jiyong trying to read his reaction... “By the way, how are your wounds?” She asked while pointing a finger to her left cheeks and hoping to change the topic.

 

“This?” Jiyong pointed his finger on his cheek.. “They’re starting to heal, thanks to you.”

 

“Good.. somehow I feel guilty.” Dara said while pouting

 

“D, it’s not your fault..” Jiyong comforted her

 

“I Like that… ‘D’.. you can just call me that, ok? ‘Dee’.. and I’ll call you ‘Ji!’” Dara excitedly said. “Ji and Dee! Hahahaha!” Dara giggled like a highschool girl.

 

Jiyong suddenly felt happy hearing Dara laugh.. “I’d like that too.. Dee”

 

..

“wow…that was daebak!”  Dara said while rubbing her now full tummy.

 

“I figured, after finishing two servings all by yourself? Tsk tsk.. and you really do eat like a pig.” Jiyong joke “ no offense.”

 

“hahaha! Non-taken, Ji” Dara laughed “And.. Thank you again for bringing me here even though it’ll bring back some bad memories..”

 

“No, Dee..” Jiyong said “I should be the one thanking you… You helped me create a new memory here. A happy one.”  He smiled. A genuine smile.

 

Thump… Thump.. Thump… Dara’s heart beat so fast, it’s as if her heart would soon burst out of her chest any moment now. How could you be so cheesy! Kwon Jiyong!!! She thought as she felt herself blush.

 

 

..

 

..

 

“Jiyong, Thanks again for such a wonderful meal!! Next time, it’ll be my treat, promise!” Dara excitedly said as Jiyong parked his car infront of Shinhan Bldg. followed by Dara’s bodyguard on the other car.

 

“Really? It’s a date?” Jiyong smiled at Dara excited at the thought of spending more time with her.

 

“D-date? Umm.. ok!” Dara said “It’s a date!” she said before leaning towards Jiyong and landing a quick peck on his cheeks.

 

Embarrassed by her sudden move, Dara quickly stepped out of the car and slammed the door behind her. Omo!! Ottoke! Why did I just do that?? She thought but a smile crept onto her face.

 

Jiyong on the other hand, blinked several times before pulling out from his initial shock.. Did she just kissed me?? He thought as he touched his cheeks. He grinned like a maniac inside his car. He peeped outside the car and saw Dara’s back still near his car.  He rolled down the window… “Dee!! See you later!” He shouted out.

 

Dara awkwardly turned and wave at Jiyong. Sheesh! A kiss? Kyaaaaaahhh!!!! I kissed Jiyong?!?!?! Her inner thoughts screamed while she tried to be composed waving back at Jiyong.

 

 

..

 

..

 

 

“Ahh.. Dara, Come-in..” Mr. Kim said while Dara stepped-in her father’s huge office at the topmost floor of the building.

 

Dara noticed an old lady sitting opposite her father by the sofa. She respectfully bowed at her father then to the old lady.

 

With her well ironed suit, branded purse and beautiful jewelries that adorned her wrist and ears, the old lady give the impression of a well-off and influential person.

 

“This is my daughter, Kim Sandara..” Mr. Kim stood up and raised a hand towards his daughter. “Dara, I would like for you to meet, Mrs. Choi Baek Hyun, owner of the Choi Financial Group”

 

Dara bowed to the old lady .. “Nice to meet you Ma’am” Dara said in her most businesslike tone she could muster up.

 

Choi? Is she related to TOP? Dara thought, but wishing her thoughts was wrong.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter