I Also Have A Secret (II)

I Have A Secret

Chapter 20

The room was dark. She wasn’t a stranger to darkness. She had lived the biggest part of her life hidden in darkness, but this time it felt not right…

After he was done with using her, she was brought here and locked again. It would have been better if she was just had been thrown in the basement again and chained to the wall. It was her faith after all.

She perfectly knew what was waiting for her now…

 She could still remember the old days spent in this place. Already then she understood that she had something hidden deeply in her body and mind, but then she didn’t know how to control that power inside of her. Those old day were different and then this place was like a home. Many people came here to seek shelter or answers to the questions and this place was always open to them. She found home here until one day everything started to change.

She could still remember that flame in his eyes that were looking at her when she visited the room for first time. She had never seen him until that day and from the first time their eyes met she was already afraid of him. He didn’t say any word all the time she was sitting in that luxurious armchair feeling uneasy under his eyes.

He was handsome man with perfectly sculpted face features. Even if she was little at that time she still could say that he was undoubtly a handsome man, but that look in his eyes made goose bumps appeared on her arms. That lust of power was already there and it frightened her very much, even if it appeared for a quick moment.

Now she could understand that from that moment their faith was somehow connected together. Form that moment he already knew that he will keep her in his grasp and she will have to obey him. She experienced that quickly…

Even if the memories fade away sometimes of her life, she could still remember every single person her power touched. It seemed like they were engraved in her mind. She will always see their blank eyes looking at her. Those sad faces will haunt her till the end of her days.

He made her torture them. Play with their hopes, crush their dreams, bring the saddest moments of their lives to the surface. Many of them were her friends and she had still to do that. He made her a terrible person and it started to destroy her. She was losing her mind and she was just a little kid then, a small girl who wanted to live like a normal person…

Then everything started burning. Everything started turning to ashes. Blood spilled everywhere. Many tried to fight against this evil that tried to reach surfaces, but everything was lost… There was nothing else to do, just run and hide deeply in the human society.

She did that. She found a chance to escape and she used it. Slipped away in the middle of the chaos, that broke free that night…

Even if many moments of that night were hidden in flames and rivers of blood, there was one moment that was safely kept in her mind…

There was a young boy standing in the middle of corridor and he wasn’t moving at all in the middle of this chaos. His sad eyes were directly looking at her and she couldn’t see anything. There was nothing she could see in her mind even if she tried to look deeply in his mind. It looked like he wasn’t trying to escape in this situation, but he also didn’t try to hold her from escaping.

She felt at loss. Should she help him? Maybe he is stuck in some kind of spell? But as soon as she tried to step near him, the boy held his hand trying to stop her from moving near him. He didn’t want her to come from the shadows she was hiding and thank God she didn’t break his order.

Soon she could hear steps coming near. Five men dressed in black appeared in the corridor searching for the ones that tried to run away. They passed the boy if he didn’t mean anything to them, like he was just an ordinary boy standing there in the middle of this corridor.

He saved her life. That night that boy saved her life not giving her to them.

She didn’t have a chance to thank him, even when he helped her to climb out from the nearest open window they found…

Their eyes met for the last time in the bright moonlight and that moment she promised herself that she will treasure this moment all her life.

That she will treasure those warm brown eyes deeply inside the dark corridors of her mind…