Bittersweet

Bittersweet

 

It was the letter that arrive this morning infront of my porch that is addressed to me  had me locked up in my room as I stare at it. I knew what it contains especially when I know it was from the government. Though I knew what it contain, I had hesitate to open it, read it as I knew it would just hurt me. I am going to the army soon.

 

I knew sooner or later, I would need to go and fulfill my duties, only do I have the courage to do so? Can I leave my family behind? Can I leave my sick mother behind? Can I leave my brother to manage the café alone? And…

 

I glance at the table beside the bed and smile when my eyes land on the picture. My girlfriend. Do I have the courage to leave her? Do I have the heart to ask her to wait for me? Even if I do, can she wait for me?

 

The door to my room was knock twice before it was open revealing the most beautiful girl in my eyes. She was beautiful when we first meet and now, she looks more than just beautiful. She is the apple of my eyes. She is the girl who had made me found trust in love. She was the one that manage to fall in love once more. She was everything to me.

 

When her eyes meet mine, I could see the concern shown all over her eyes. She was concern about me. I know I look really terrible right now. I look like crap. I also know that she knew what was going on. It was as if she has seen that this is coming, just like me. Without any word, she close the door behind her before walking into my embrace.

 

We stay in that position, savoring each other and try to push every problem because starting from this moment we knew, that every minute was precious. And I knew I want to spend my days before the army with her.

 

“I’m going to miss you”

 

She had whispered as I took in her scent. She smells like strawberry, like she always does. I let out a soft chuckle at her words. “You always miss me. I know you would terribly miss me when I’m gone for almost 2 years”

 

I said and she nod.

 

“I can handle 2 years without you Jongwoon. Besides, we can see each other at breaks right? I know I can do this”

 

She had said and I know she was just trying to convince herself.

 

“I know” I voice out, “I know  because you’rea strong girl. That’s why you can” I said though I myself doubt that. Ryeowook is a fragile girl and 2 years without me, it was hell. I know her. She can’t even stand a day without talking to me so how could she stand not seeing me for almost 2 years!

 

She smile at me but I could tell she was trying hard not to cry. This was hard, for the both of us. We were scared. What if everything changes after I come back? What would happen to us? What would happen to our 5 years together?  

 

“I love you Jongwoon”

 

She whispered as I lean our foreheads together. She is angel, and angel that was sent from heaven to me. Our love was a match made in heaven and I know I couldn’t lose her. No, I don’t want to lose her.

 

So I decide, I would make a drastic decision.

 

“Marry me”

 

She blink a me, not completely understanding what is going on. Yes, it was decision that could change everything. But I knew it was a choice I have to make. Right now, I know marrying Ryeowook was the best choice.

 

“What?”

 

“Marry me, Ryeowook. Be my bride, my wife, the mother of ym children. Be my wife before I go to the army. Be the one that would wait for me and love me forever. Marry me Kim Ryeowook and be Kim Jongwoon’s wife”

 

I saw tears streaming down her cheeks and I know she was touched. I could feel my own tears as I wipe hers away using my thumb and then I saw her nod.

 

“I do” she said as she look at me, her eyes tearing up once more, “I would love to marry you Jongwoon. To be your wife, your children’s mother and the woman who would love and stay with you forever”

 

I laugh happily as she smile, we were both happy. I pull her closer to me. “I love you, I love you, I love you” I had whipered out as I kept crying and she cries too. She muttered back an I love you as our lips meet.

 

And I knew, she was the woman for me. I knew, even if I was gone for two years Ryeowook would wait for me no matter what.

 


sorry guys for not posting the chapter fast enough. I was busy with things. This is short right? but I hope you like it. please comment if  you like it or not, okay? ^^