Accident

Accident [oneshot]

The room was lit only by a small night lamp plugged to the socket. Taemin sat in the corner of the dark room. He placed the blade flat on his wrist, then turning it at an angle, reflecting the light given off by the lamp. The shiny silver blade drew a bright red line across. The red liquid flowed out slowly, in small amounts. The pain when the blade contacted the creamy pale skin was minimal. There was this addicting factor to it, the numbness felt after the cut.

Taemin curiously slit another line right behind the previous across his wrist. More blood oozed out this time now, the pain more satisfying than the first time as he pressed the blade in a little deeper. He felt his senses tingle as he felt the pain from the wrist slowly coming to him. Numbness took over as soon as it hits. Taemin needed more. He was not satisfied.

"Taemin! Look out!" Minho shouted in panic. Taemin stood stunned at the incoming truck as Minho quickly pushed the younger off to the side of the road. When Taemin finally recovered from the shock, all he saw next was blood oozing out from Minho's head, staining Minho's clothes red. When Minho was losing his consciousness, he held on to the younger's hand and mustered a satisfying smile. Taemin felt his tears run down uncontrollably as he looked at the older slowly fall into unconsciousness.

The surgeons and nurses forced Taemin away as they pushed the taller boy to the operating room. He could never have forgotten the anxiousness he felt as he paced outside the operating room. The immediate grief was felt when he noticed the dull and crestfallen faces of the surgeon that stepped out. He remembered how he shook the surgeon so fervently when they broke the news. He remembered when he had to witness the doctor pulling a white blanket over Minho's head.

Taemin slit another red line across his wrist as he sobbed. He caused Minho's death. Minho was never meant to die, it was supposed to be him. The pain from the cuts seem to be a form of consolation for him. The numb after effect from each cut seem to also numb the pain in Taemin's heart. The pain from the cuts also acts as a form of punishment for himself, to try and relieve himself of the guilt in his heart. With each cut, he was also able to suddenly remember all the happy memories he shared with Minho. The times where Taemin was cold Minho would let him cuddle with him; the times where Taemin was hungry Minho would cook something nice for him; the times he would suddenly hug the taller from behind and Minho would flash him a bright smile. Each cut seem to bring himself closer to Minho in heaven. Each cut seems to relieve Taemin's heartache.

Taemin was found lying unconscious on the floor in garments dyed red, with a peaceful smile on his face.