Chapter One.

She's on Duty

CHAPTER 1

 

Wednesday morning, another busy day for the employees and staffs of the Hwang Business Corporation. Everybody was busy, busy, busy. They didn't even have time to eat their lunch.

(Inside Wooyoung's office.)

Folders and papers flew everywhere as Wooyoung threw them.

"Aish! Where the heck could it be? I swear i just saw it earlier but now i can't seem to find it!" Wooyoung said as he continued on opening and scanning through his drawers, trying to look for his pen.

Because he was too focused on what he was doing, Wooyoung didn't notice Taeyeon enter his office. Taeyeon was holding a cup of warm coffee, and she nicely put it on Wooyoung's desk.

"Looking for something?" Taeyeon asked, trying to get the attention of Wooyoung.

Wooyoung finally noticed Taeyeon and he lifted his head and looked at her. "Hey Tae, i was just looking for my ballpen. I need to sign these papers right now! But i can't seem to find that stinking pen!" Wooyoung exclaimed while showing a worried expression on his face.

Taeyeon laughed a bit as she looked at Wooyoung. Wooyoung, who can't seem to understand why Taeyeon is laughing, started to get annoyed.

"What?!" Wooyoung asked in an annoyed tone of his voice.

"No need to get so tensed Wooyoung.." Taeyeon said as she grabbed something from behind Wooyoung's ear. "Here's your pen." she said.

Wooyoung smiled shyly while scratching the back of his head. "Oh man, i guess i forgot that i had put this pen on my ear earlier. Thanks Taeyeon." he said.

Taeyeon laughed once again. "You're so funny Wooyoung, even if you're serious. Better be not forgetful always, arasso?"

Wooyoung simply nodded and eventually laughed at himself for being so forgetful. Suddenly, they heard a knock on the door. It was their co-worker, Sunny.

"Hey Tae, Mr. Hwang needs you in his office right now." Sunny said to Taeyeon.

"Okay, i'll be right there." Taeyeon said to Sunny. When Sunny dissappeared from the doorway, Taeyeon turned to face Wooyoung again. "Well then, i'll see you later Woo." she said as she flashed an adorable smile at Wooyoung, who felt like he melted at the cuteness of the girl standing in front of him.

"Yeah.." he said in response. Taeyeon headed to the door but before she can even leave, Wooyoung started to say something.

"Taeyeon wait.." Wooyoung said.

Taeyeon turned around and faced Wooyoung again. "What is it Woo?" she asked as she smiled once again.

"Uhh...I....Ah..Uhm......Thanks for the coffee!" what he just said then he quickly turned around because he didn't wanna see the look on Taeyeon's face.

Man, that's so embarassing. "Thanks for the coffee?" what a good thing to say. Why didn't i just confess? Maybe i should just wait for the right time. Wooyoung thought to himself.

Later on, Taeyeon arrived inside the office of Mr. Hwang, their boss.

"Good morning sir. What can i do for you?" Taeyeon asked politely as she approached the desk of Mr. Hwang.

"Good morning Taeyeon. I have an important thing to talk to you about. Please sit down." Mr. Hwang said as he pointed to the chair in front of his desk.

Taeyeon sat down and Mr. Hwang started to speak. "Taeyeon i want you to do something for me, this is very important." Taeyeon nodded as a response to her boss. "You do know my only daughter, Tiffany, right?" he asked. Taeyeon nodded once again. "Well you see, she is pretty and all, but her personality is not that good. I think you notice it too, right?" Taeyeon nodded again as a response.

Mr. Hwang took a deep breath then he continued speaking, "Taeyeon, i want you to take care of my daughter. Please be her nanny."

Taeyeon froze for a moment. What? A nanny? A twenty-two year old woman doesn't need a nanny!

"A nanny, sir? Not that i'm refusing this job, but why?" she asked.

"Taeyeon, you are my most favorite and my most trusted employee here in our company. I personally think that you have a great personality and i think that there's a chance that you might help my daughter be a better person." he said.

Taeyeon smiled at the compliments given to her by Mr. Hwang, but she gulped when she heard that she needs to help Tiffany improve her personality. Tiffany is kind of a meanie, so Taeyeon thinks this is gonna be a tough job for her. But she didn't wanna let her boss down.

"I'll accept the job sir. But what about my position? Who's gonna replace me?" Taeyeon asked.

"Sunny will. She is the best employee here, next to you. Anyways, i hope that you won't let me down." Mr. Hwang said.

"Sir, i won't let you down." Taeyeon said as she smiled in front of Mr. Hwang.

"Thank you Taeyeon. I hope that you'll be able to help her. I don't want my daughter to be like that forever." he said.

Taeyeon bowed to Mr. Hwang then she left his office.

(Later on at a coffeeshop)

"What? You're going to take care of Miss Tiffany?!" Sunny asked shockingly to Taeyeon.

"Yeah. But come on, maybe she's not that bad." Taeyeon said as she smiled weakly.

"Not that bad? Are you kidding me Taeyeon? You and i both know that she's a real meannie! How can you accept a job like that?" Sunny asked.

Taeyeon chuckled at Sunny's reactions. "Sunny, don't worry about me. I'm determined to do this job for Mr. Hwang."

Sunny sighed and rolled her eyes. "Fine, do what you have to do. Just don't let her be mean to you!" Sunny warned.

Taeyeon nodded while smiling.

"So, when are you gonna meet her?" Sunny asked.

"Tomorrow afternoon." Taeyeon replied.

"Does she know about it?" Sunny asked.

"Yeah she does. But she thinks that i'm just going to be her personal assistant. She'd kick my if she knew i would change her." Taeyeon said as she laughed a bit. Sunny joined the laughter too.

(Meanwhile at a bar in Seoul)

"Hey Tiff! You finally came!" Jessica said while hugging her bestfriend.

"Of course i came! Why would i miss your spectacular performance! You were great there Jess! I'm so proud of you!" Tiffany exclaimed as she cuddled Jessica.

"So, are you busy tomorrow?" Jessica asked as she broke the hug.

"Yeah, i'm gonna meet with my new assistant." Tiffany said.

"New assistant? What happened to your last one?" Jessica asked.

Tiffany smiled shyly before answering. "She just quit last week." Tiffany said.

"Tiff, that's the 3rd assistant you got these past 3 months! When will you stop treating them badly?" Jessica asked as she looked worriedly in her bestfriend's eyes.

"I don't know.. I'm just plain mean and you know that!" Tiffany said.

Jessica sighed. "Well, i do hope that this next assistant you're gonna get will be really patient enough to stay with you even for a year." Jessica said.

 

 

=========================================================================

 

Author's note:

Sorry if the first chap is not too long. Maybe the next one will be longer. n__n

I appreciate your comments! ^^