Chapter 1 (Final)

The Power Of Kindness

 

 


Chapter 1 (Final)

 

Long time ago, there’s a poor boy named L. Joe who is selling things for his school fees. He lives alone because his family died in a car accident. One day, he wanted to eat food but he realized that he only got a dime. So he decided to ask some meal for him to eat at the next house.

He knocked at the door, but then he looses his nerves when he looked at the one who opens the door. It’s a lovely young beautiful girl. Not asking for food but he decided to ask for a drink.

“Hello, can I help you?” You asked him.

“Hello, can I have a glass of water? If you don’t mind...” he said. “Jieun-ah, who’s there?” your mother asked.

“No one mom,” you replied. “Wait here for a minute, I’ll be back soon,” you said and give him a breath-taking smile.

He smiled back as he saw you smile.

You went to the kitchen and you to think that you could see that he’s very hungry so you decided to give him a big glass of milk.

“Here, drink this.” You handed the milk to him.

He took and drank it carefully. After the last sip, he wiped his mouth with his hands.

“How could I pay you?” he asked.

“Don’t,” you said. “Don’t pay me for this glass of milk. My mom told me to help for those who needs. So it’s free!” you explained and give him another smile.

“I shall thank you with all my heart then,” he said and left.

 

As year had passed by, L. Joe became a famous doctor. But you had a rare disease that an almost doctor can’t cure. Your mother had tried her best to beg the doctor to cure you.

“I’ll pay as much as you want, but please cur my child!” she begged. “Sorry madam. We tried our best.”

L. Joe who is taking break, walking along the corridor. Soon, he stopped. “That voice sound familiar,” he said.

Flashbacks hit him, “She’s the mother of that girl! Who’s her name? Ah, Jieun!”

“Excuse me Doctor Kim, what is the problem?” L. Joe asked. “This woman here, is asking- no begging me to heal her child. I had tried my best to cure but the results will be just the same.”

“No! You can cure my child! You can! Please, doctor, help my child,” she begged. L. Joe suddenly straightens up himself, “Prepare the emergency room and bring this woman’s child to the room now.”

 

Day by day had passed; you started to recover from your disease.

You were lying while watching Gag Concert from the television provided with the other patient. But then the nurse entered your room, “Excuse me, miss Jieun?”

“That’s me, anything the matter?” “Nope, it’s just I want to give the bill.”

As the nurse gave you the bill, she left immediately. You started to worry, will it be expensive? You opened it with anxious feeling, it states;

 “PAID FULL IN ONE BIG GLASS OF MILK. *signed* -Dr. Lee Byunghun aka L. Joe

 

The End



 

Tell me what you think ^-^