Gut feeling.

Ambivalence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungyeol answers his phone at the now slightly, dark empty room, putting it on speaker knowing full well that he was the only one at school, waiting for his papers to be arranged. The lady had asked him to sit in the room but he had insisted that he'd want to walk instead, and she did let him go, thankfully.

“Hello, fa—“

“Have you finished with the papers?”

Sungyeol inwardly sighs “No, I haven’t.”

“The only thing I ask for you is to get your papers arranged fast, and it has taken you weeks?!”

Sungyeol picks at his hands listening to the many colourful words his father had been telling him, only to apologize now and then for being useless. Because he knows he is, and he accepts it fully. He knows he's useless and good for nothing and a murderer and a burden and he hates himself and maybe, just maybe, he really does want to die.

 

Sunggyu stops at the sound of someone yelling, the guys stopping along. “Do you hear that?” They still for a moment before they hear it.

“You are useless!”

Sunggyu scrunches his brow before moving to where the sound is, looking at the opened door and scanning the room for someone. He widens his eyes, covering his mouth along, when he sees sungyeol looking down on his hands and tears rolling down his eyes. He looks back at the guys who were looking at him curiously before looking back again.

How many times had it happened now? Them looking at sungyeol hurt from afar?

“Do you know what trouble you’ve caused me?! Your mother?! Us?!”

A deafening silence after the angry rhetorical question before a silent whisper is heard.

“I.. Apologize for my behaviour.”

“Enough, Lee Sungyeol.”

Sungyeol hears the dial tone at the other end of the line, wiping the stray tears away before grabbing his bag and his phone, heading for the door where infinite were standing rooted, sungyeol opening the door with no chance of escaping, not that they intended or could because they couldn't.

Silence enveloped him, sungyeol’s eyes widening at the expressions infinite had that ranged to hurt and was that pity? He isn’t too sure and he doesn't want to confirm, he sees the look myungsoo has, looking so confused and he didn’t want that. He didn’t want to confuse myungsoo, he only wanted him to be happy. Was he that useless?

Sungyeol looks at the side before stepping sideways to get through, sunggyu just holding him in time. “Sun—“

“Hyung, I… I have to go…” Sungyeol hates himself more. His hand shaking because he could almost see myungsoo opening his mouth, sungjong and dongwoo tearing up. “I’ll see… you later.”

 

Infinite looks down at the table, gloom expressions on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter