New Life, New Guy

Double Reality

"We're here." Baekhyun said, turning to look at Yoonjo after staring at his own house for a while. He quickly looked away again to pay the driver. "Thanks." He said, handing over the money. Yoonjo looked at him as she realized her vision was getting better. "Can you get up on your own now?"

"I... I don't know." She looked around the unfamiliar neighborhood. "But I can see you clearly now."

"I thought you said you could see me when I asked you." Yoonjo frowned a little. "Just kidding!" He said playfully as he smiled, making Yoonjo smile back.

"Where are we exactly?" She asked, confused. Could this be her "other" home? Shouldn't she feel a certain familiarity if that was the case?

"My place. Come on, let's get in!" He cutely yet coolly signaled for her to follow him out of the cab and into the big mansion-like home. Just like that, she followed him. He pulled his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door so that the two of them could get in. "Follow me." He stated, as if there was anything else she could do. His house was big, beautiful and had nice furniture. Given how many details Yoonjo had noticed, it seemed like her vision was back for good.

"Hey! How old are you?" She asked Baekhyun, tapping his left shoulder softly as she still followed him around.

"Me? I'm nineteen. You don't think I bought this house, do you?" He chuckled charmingly. "It's my parents'."

"Ohh... I knew it." She responded, even though she didn't know that the house wasn't actually his. Well, not for sure that is.

As they kept walking around the ridiculously big house, finally after a while they reached the main living room. The decoration really matched Yoonjo's taste, which she liked. She questioned for a second whether or not that was her other home and not his as he claimed. But she knew she had to get that weird feeling. That feeling that she knew the place, even though it was her first time seeing it.

"Sit." Baekhyun made a hand gesture while standing next to the fancy couch, all the while with a smile on his face. It was the first time Yoonjo was really seeing him smile, and that expression on the pretty boy's face in addition to his beautiful, soothing voice almost melted Yoonjo, but she couldn't forget that this was all still likely a dream. Nevertheless, she once again followed his command.

"So what do we do now?" Yoonjo asked, pouting cutely and resting her chin on her right palm.

Baekhyun just stared at her, thinking of something fun for them to do, when Yoonjo suddenly turned her face the other way in a quick move, as if she had been in a trance and had just snapped out of it. "What is it?" He asked, a little worried, which could be noticed from his tone.

"It's nothing." She lied. She remembered that the last thing she did before finding herself living in this whole new world was going to sleep, so she planned to do it in the new reality too to see what would happen. "Um... What time is it?"

"It's almost one." He turned to Yoonjo with slightly widened eyes. She let out a brief laugh. "Cute." She said, smiling at him. "What?" He asked, widening his eyes yet a bit more.

"This thing you just did." She said, pointing at his face before bringing her hand close to her chin again. He simply laughed. "I feel weird asking this because we just met, but do you think there's a room here that I can sleep in? This house is pretty big..."

"Oh, yeah, sure. I was wondering if you wouldn't feel sleepy anytime now. There's a guest room, come on, I'll take you there." Saying that, he extended one of his hands which Yoonjo held on to and they went upstairs towards the guest room. "Before you go, this is my room." Baekhyun said, opening the door to his room, which was also pretty big. It was really clean and organized, too, which impressed Yoonjo. "Not bad for a boy's room. Yes, definitely, not bad." She thought. "If you need anything, just come over here and I'll help. With whatever it is." He continued, almost interrupting Yoonjo's thoughts and once again smiling. "He's all smiles." She thought, while nodding.

They walked a little bit more, and then, they were finally near the guest room. "It must be tiring walking around this house all day everyday." Yoonjo thought to herself, letting out a quiet laugh. Baekhyun noticed it but didn't say anything. "Alright, this is it. This is your room." The last two words he said had an impact on Yoonjo. "He is so nice." She thought. "I barely know him but he's just kind like that."

Baekhyun flipped the light switch and then Yoonjo could see what a beautiful room it was. It felt almost like back home. "Thank you. For everything."

"Ack, it's no big deal." He said, as cool as ever. But it was a big deal. Yoonjo was sure both of them knew that. She walked towards her bed and sat down. "Good night." She said, almost whispering.

Baekhyun closed the door and then stood beside it. "Good night."

 

 

A/N
Hello! XD Sorry, not much is going on in this chapter but anyway I'm just glad it's out there as soon as it could possibly be because it begins exactly where the first chapter ends. I do hope it's still enjoyable. LOL
I'll try to make it more interesting for chapter 3, and see you all then! ^^