Chapter 11

Ice Princess' Barrier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks, Dasom,” Minho pressed the end button on his phone. He was still worried about Krystal. He just finished calling his friends but no one know where she was. But Dasom told him that Krystal went home with Jongin this evening. At least she went home safely.

Minho looked at the wall clock, it was five minutes past midnight. Maybe Krystal was sleeping. If he weren’t this sick, he would’ve go to her house now. He was about to lie down when he heard his door knocked.

“I’m sleeping,” Minho answered lazily. It was always annoying when Taemin did this. His brother always came to his room just to borrow his stuff. He should’ve stay at his apartment instead.

Without his permission, the door opened. The first thing he saw was candlelight and a hand holding a cheesecake underneath.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you…” Krystal walked inside while singing him a happy birthday. Her face shimmered by the candle light as she sit on his bed and finished her singing. Minho was surprised by this sudden visit. He couldn’t imagine an ice princess like her would do this.

“Make a wish and blow your candle,” Krystal asked him while offering him the cake. Minho closed his eyes for mere seconds and then blew the candlelight off.

“Thank you,” he pulled her closer and kissed her hair.

Krystal replied him with a sweet smile, “How was your fever?” She touched his forehead with her palm. It was almost normal.

“Better. I tried to reach you this whole day, where are you going?” he furrowed his brow, looking really worried.

“I was baking you this cake. It’s cheese so you won’t get cough. I was thinking about giving you a gift and I came up with some ideas. But since you gave me so much already, I couldn’t think of something equal. So I came up with this.”

She flipped his palm and put something cold beneath it. It was a key.

“What is this?“ He didn’t understand.

“It’s…” She hesitated. She could feel her face blushed. “It’s my flat’s spare key. So you don’t have to worry anymore if you couldn’t reach me.”

“Thank you so much, Jungie,” he wrapped his hand around her. “I’ll take care of it.”

“And then,” she broke the hug, “Since it was not really a gift, I want to give you this,” she handed him a dark blue scarf with small letter ‘M’ knitted on its edge. “ I’m sorry it’s not something branded nor expensive. I have to save money so I knitted it myse-”

Minho stopped her talk with a quick peck. “Thank you so much, I’ll cherish it.” Minho wrapped it around his neck. Such a thoughtful gift for cold winter. She must be spent many sleepless nights to make it.

“You like it?” her eyes widened, clearly didn’t expect his reaction. Such an obvious question.

“This scarf, this cake, this key. You. I like them all.” He smiled widely. “Thank you.”

 She returned his smile, feeling relieved he liked her little present. “Then you should back to sleep.” She pushed him to lie down and put the blanket on his body.

“Who sent you here?” he sounded worried.

“I came with Jongin, then I’ll call a taxi to go home. Don’t worry, just rest.”

“Stay here,” he pleaded when he saw her stood up.

“I will. I’ll wait until you fall asleep.”

“No, I mean stay here, sleep with me,” he purred.

“Yah!” Krystal could feel her cheek flushed.

Minho laughed, happy to . “I mean sleep beside me. I won’t do anything.”

Krystal hesitated. She never slept with anyone on her mattress. Moreover, it was Minho’s house, his family was downstairs and they could come out anytime.

Before she knew it, he pulled her to lie beside him, hugging her possessively.

“They wouldn’t care,” he assured her. “I’ll take it as my birthday present.”

He could feel her body calmed from its tensed as he wrapped the blanket around her too. She could smell sweetness and cherry from her hair. It was somehow relaxing, her presence always gave him a warm feeling. He held her as close as he could.

“Soojung?” Minho broke the silence.

“Hmm?”

“Come over tonight.”

She knew what he was talking about. Every year, Choi family will throw a dinner with family and close friends on his birthday. She came too, three years ago before she went back to Seoul. It was like a semi-formal party. Socialite.

“Okay,” she agreed. “I’ll come with Jongin. You just rest here and wait for me. Now, sleep!”

“Yes, Ma’am.” He snugged himself to her, making himself more comfortable.

Krystal raised her head and kissed his neck softly before going back to sleep. “Happy birthday.”

Minho tightened his hug. It was his best birthday ever.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROG-“

Minho and Krystal suddenly being woke by a very loud shout from peoples who just barged in to his room. Before they could get their sense back, Minho was already being hit violently by those people who happened to be Jongin, Sulli, and Myungsoo. Meanwhile, Dasom hugged the very red face Krystal protectively.

“YAH! What are you doing to my cousin?” Jongin smacked his head. Hard.

“She’s a girl. Where is your manner, Choi Minho?” Myungsoo hit his torso with pillow.

“You ert!” Sulli pulled his hair.

The last one made him fully awake. “Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter