Letters for you~

Confessions of an Introverted Love

 

                 “JongWoon-ah... can you please clean the tables?” Yesung heard his eomma called from the kitchen.

                “Ah waaaaeee~~~” Yesung whined, pouting, he was actually just sitting after serving hundreds of ELFs/Clouds for the day. It was already late in the evening the cafe just closed for the night.
                “I am busy so are Appa and JongJin” BoKyoung said, popping her head from the kitchen.

                “But Eomma~” Yesung whined again.

                “Yah, you do as I told you, being a celebrity doesn’t mean you’re safe from my orders” BoKyoung snapped back.               

                “Hmmmph, Arasso” Yesung said and grabbed the rag and table cleaner from the cabinet and cleans the table one by one.

                It was then when he was about to clean the last table near the door... a rolled paper, plus another paper was laid on it...

                Yesung took one of the paper...

                A sketch of him holding a cup of coffee, smiling. Yesung smiled at the sketch... he was touched at hte fan who did this. He wished that that fan just gave the drawing to him directly though so he would say thank you directly to her.

                Who made this?

                Yesung looked at the other paper... there was a note in it.

A sweet smile behind the worries~
Keep on smiling Cloud Prince!

-Melancholy

                He frowned...

                Melancholy? What kind of name is that?

                Yesung grabbed the sketch and placed it in his bag...

***

                Yesung sat quietly staring at the reptiles that he had been taking care of for quite some time now. He looked at them as they quietly munched some carrots that Yesung prepared them.

                For quite some time he had been worrying about his enlistment...

                No... I can never avoid it...

                Yesung thought deeply. No matter how he sees it, he can never avoid it no matter how much he wanted to.

                “Oh... hyung!” Kangin’s voice boomed, entering the room.

                “Ah, Kangin-ah” Yesung called as he looked at younger man. Kangin stared at him.

                “What are you doing?” Kangin asked.
                “Staring at them” Yesung pointed at the tortoise. KAngin gave him a look.

                “You’re really strange...” Kangin said before going out. Yesung stared at the door for quite some time...

                Kangin is already done... I envy him...

                I’m the next in line...

***

                “... number of suicide rates had increased this year. Psychologists say that most of them are suffering from depression and stress. The people who are commonly anti-social, temperament of sudden change of mood, loner, depressed, desperate, with heavy problems could lead to thoughts of suicide. Psychologists advised to seek counsel if any of the above symptoms are occurring to a person...”

                Eunhyuk changed the channel with a grimace on his face. The other members protested as he did so... Yesung just sat there quietly and stared at the television.

                “Yah... mwoyah” ShinDong complained.

                “The news are too depressing” Eunhyuk said.

                “News are news... it’s supposed to be depressing” Ryeowook said and sighed. “Does anyone got schedules tomorrow”

                “Yeap...” Everyone answered and Ryeowook sighed.

                “I guess I’m staying home alone then” Ryeowook muttered.

                “Ah... I’m tired” DongHae muttered and stands up from where he was sitting and went straight to his room.

                “Me too...” Eunhyuk and Ryeowook complained in unison.

                Then they went to their rooms as well... ShinDong got up without saying a word. Kangin was already in his room... Siwon lives with his family, SungMin was playing computer with Kyuhyun in his room.

                Yesung was left alone.

                He stared at every corners of the room... the TV was still on and his thoughts went back to enlisting. He had never been so nervous in his life like this again... the last time he did was their first debut.

                Leeteuk hyung and HeeChul hyung are already doing their time...

                Worries started to fill up his mind again. His heart started to beat rapidly and painfully against his chest. Questions started to hover in his mind...

                What if he fails his military training?

                What if he disappoints his parents?

                What if he got killed in his training?

                What if his co trainees will hate him?

                Yesung felt another tug in his heart. He breathes in and out to calm him from shaking. He never really wanted to disappoint anyone... he never wanted to fail at anything. His worries are slowly trying to kill him...

                I’m showing the symptoms of possible suicide...

                Yesung thought. But then, he closed his eyes and shakes the thought off.

***

                The next day... Yseung woke up with a surprise... Usually, DongHae would wake him up to eat breakfast with the rest of the members. Yesung scratched his head annoyingly. He went to the bathroom to get his morning routines done... then he went to the kitchen to look at the members who were already eating and ready for the day.

                “Oh hyung, let’s eat” Ryeowook called as he gets a plate of pan cake and placed it in Yesung’s place.

                Yesung looked at the pancake then at everyone... they were eating quietly. ShinDong eats very fast like Eunhyuk. DongHae was eating contentedly, SungMin  was taking fair bites like Ryeowook. Kyuhyun was eating slowly and Kangin ate while looking into nothingness...

                “Why didn’t any of you wake me up?” YEsung asked, still not touching his food. Ryeowook looked at DongHae.

                “You were sleeping soundly, hyung... you seemed really peaceful.. so I thought I must not disturb you” DongHAe explained. YEsung nodded and started to eat slowly when Eunhyuk stands from his chair.

                “I’m done” Eunhyuk said and placed his plate by the sink. “See you all this evening”

                “Bye...” chorused the members in Kangin’s exception, he just hummed.

                Yesung looked at Eunhyuk’s retreating back.     

                Yeap... Mornings had always been like this... everyone leaving; everyone comes... like it was nothing at all.

                Back then when Leeteuk and Heechul were still there, they would all go together even though their other schedules were not yet timed. Every morning, someone would wake each other up to have breakfast together no matter how sleepy or groggy you are.

                Yesung sighed deeply and looked at his unfinished pancake... it seemed he had lost appetite.

                That day, Yesung decided to pay his parents a visit. Fans were happy to see him there of course that they even asked a few autographs.

                I may not get this chance again... better make it worthwhile...

                He started serving coffees, smiling at his fans. All of them were taking his pictures and having some exciting conversation with him. Yesung of course answered their questions nicely, some fans even handed him gifts.

                It was then he noticed on the farthest table of the cafe... was a lady with long dark hair, scribbling something on what looked like a sketchpad while glancing at their direction. Yesung didn’t see her face though...

                Soon the cafe was closed, concluding the day’s work. Yesung helped his parents by taking out the trash and cleaning the counter when he noticed something on the table at the farthest corner. He went to that particular table and noticed another sketch of him serving coffee. Then a note attached to it.

The cloud may cover the rays of sunlight
but it gives shade to those who needed it

-Melancholy

                He frowned and remembered a lady occupied that area few hours ago.

                Maybe she was the one who drawn this?

                Yesung asked.

***

                Yesung arrived home early to find Ryeowook preparing for dinner. He smiled at his caring dongsaeng.

                “Oh hyung, you’re early” Ryeowook chirped as he sautéed something.
                “Neh” Yesung said. “What’s cooking?”

                “Some japchae... hyung taste it and tell me how to make it better” Ryeowook said and YEsung went closer to the eternal magnae to have a taste of his cooking.

                “Hmm~ this tastes good!” Yesung said truthfully “You’re really good at cooking!” Ryeowook gave a really smug look.

                “That’s because Nan neun yoriwang wang! (I am cooking king!)” Ryeowook said in a singsong voice that made Yesung laugh.

                “I’m sure the members will love this” Yesung went and set the table since the members will arrive soon.

                Yesung happily placed every utensil in place. He was really in a good mood thinking that he’ll eat together with the members. Then... they heard the door opened revealing the rest of the members. ShinDong, Eunhyuk, Kangin, Sungmin and Kyuhyun went in.

                “You’re here!” Ryeowook said excitingly. “Just in time for dinner!” The new comers looked at each other hesitatingly.

                “Uhh... Wook...” SungMin stated in a sorry voice. “We already ate” Yesung looked at the members disbelievingly.

                “Mwoh...” Ryeowook stood there, dumbfounded.

                “We already ate dinner” ShinDong repeated.

                “Mianhe... we’ll eat together tomorrow” Kangin said carefully. Yesung looked at all of them.

                “Ah... arasso” Ryeowook said in a small voice. Then the other members went to their rooms for some sleep, leaving Ryeowook and Yesung to eat.

                “It’s alright, Wook...” Yesung smiled. “There’s more for us, right?” Yesung was trying to cheer his dongsaeng even though he’s upset as his dongsaeng was... Ryeowook is very sensitive when it comes to not eating his food.

                “Neh” Ryeowook mustered a chuckle... “All I want is to have a happy dinner...” Ryeowook mumbled.

               

                It was raining...

                Yesung was again helping his parents... but this time he stayed all day in the kitchen, not wanting to see the fans that day because he felt upset and heart-broken. He kept thinking about his enlistment...

                What will happen to me when I leave?

                Yesung stopped drying the cup and looked at it. He started to have images of him being alone in the camp with no one to talk to. Of course he could survive without anyone to talk to, but it’ll make him crazy and alone.

                “Hyung?” A voice called. Yesung looked to his side to find his younger brother, JongJin holding papers in his hand.

                “Neh?” Yesung asked as he took notice of the papers.

                “Nothing, I thought you might find this quite amusing” JongJin chuckled as he gave the papers to Yesung. “Also... there’re a lot of them stored in the cupboard already, we kept them so you can see them” JongJin pointed at the cupboard above the coffee maker.

                “Ah... it’s from Melancholy again” Yesung nodded.

                “You know her, the artist hyung?” JongJin asked.

                “No...” Yesung said as he took the paper and noticed another sketch of him looking somewhere else. Then the other paper was Melancholy’s short message:

Do you know why it rained today?

Actually... lots of Clouds came to see you here...

But then the room started to get small for them

That all of them stumbled down and rain started to fall...

-Melancholy

                Yesung laughed at the message, it had taken him away from his worries. Yesung looked for the cupboard that JongJin said was filled with his sketches. Then he found a folder... he took it and opened it. He found sketches of him, wearing different clothes and different styles. Then the messages...

A person with the sharpest of image
is a person with the fragile heart

-Melancholy

                Hmm... this message fits me...

Emotionless in speaking, yet emotion-filled when expressing

-Melancholy

Some one like me... yeah... I’m never that good in emoting in dramas...

What you see is not what you understand...

-Melancholy

Understand? Understand what?

Weird?
you mean... unique?

-Melancholy

                Yesung laughed at this one.

                She is humourous!

You are not perfect...
but despite that, I’m willing to accept you~

-Melancholy

                Yesung smiled appreciatively at the message. He was glad that someone tells him these words and it really heightens up his confidence.

They say the shortest of hands are really artistic...
Guess what... I HAVE SMALL HANDS TOO~

-Melancholy

                Yesung chuckled and looked at the smallness of his hands. How the members used to make fun of him because of it. But despite of having small hands, every one adored at it’s smallness.

Weird philtrum ... hmmm...

I LIKE EYEBAGS!

-Melancholy

                What the-?

Change is constant...
we might as well adapt to it

-Melancholy

                Yesung looked at the message again... Melancholy’s words are true. Change is really constant. The members started to appear in his mind thinking on how they have changed. How could he adapt to that change when he’s not used to it?

Time does not wait for anyone...
but you can spend your time with someone~

-Melancholy

                Yesung smiled... since his enlistment date is drawing near, he’s been spending his remaining time with his friends and families. Yesung turned the papers just to realize he have read all of it. He was kind of disappointed that he read it all... he was quite having fun reading them.

                Honestly, those short messages had alleviated his feelings. Yesung wanted more... so he went to the cupboard to find a signage. He added a few letters on it then he scribbled on a paper. Then he went outside and placed the signage: RESERVED FOR MELANCHOLY. Along with the signage was his reply:

Hey Melancholy... it’s me... I read all of your messages and I really, really love it.
Thank you for patronizing our cafe and thank you for the sketches.

I really appreciated it!
forgive me for asking this... why are you doing this?
Out of curiosity, no offense :)

-couldprince

***
                “I’m home~” Yesung called out to the dorm... but then, no one replied back.

                Yesung looked around to see no one...

                Maybe they’re asleep?

                It was just 9 pm... Yesung sighed again and closed the door nonchalantly. He went towards the kitchen for a glass of water when he noticed a packed dinner for him. He smiled a bit knowing that Ryeowook left something for him to eat. Yesung reheats the food and in a few while he settles himself to eat.

                Before he took a bite... he remembered something... it was a few months ago. Leeteuk was eating together with Yesung at that time. The members were already on their rooms...

OCTOBER 2012...

                “Hyung... why aren’t you sleeping yet?” Yesung asked soon as he grabbed himself a glass of milk.

                “Yesung-ah...” Leeteuk smiled. “Can you stay for a while?” Yesung looked the leader with a soft gaze.

                “What’s wrong, hyung?” Yesung asked as he sat across Leeteuk. Leeteuk sighed and smiled softly.

                “Nothing... it’s just that...” Leeteuk sighed again. “I’m worried...”

                “About what, hyung?” Yesung asked “Your enlistment?”

                “Neh...” Leeteuk said softly. “I’ve been worried about everything... the members, my family and everything around me” Yesung kept quiet for a while.

                “Gwaenchana, hyung...” Yesung said “Everything’s going to be alright...”

                “No... you don’t understand it yet” Leeteuk sighed. “I’m not even sure if things will be different when I leave you guys...”

                “Don’t worry about us hyung, we can take care of ourselves” Yesung said softly.

                “That’s what I told Kangin when he left for the army... but, everything’s not the same anymore” Leeteuk hissed and closed his eyes.

                Yesung looked at his glass of milk as he realized some things have changed ever since one by one of the members started to leave temporarily.

                “I told Kangin that I will take care of the members when he’s gone” Leeteuk said. “I also told Heechul the same words...”

                “But hyung... you took care of us beyond to what is required” Yesung protested to comfort LEeteuk.

                “Yes I did...” Leeteuk said softly. “But you cannot change the fact that... things are never the same anymore”

                Yesung felt something ached in his heart. A long forgotten wound that starts to re-open again. The wound that will never heal no matter how much he wanted to... things will never be the same... everything will never be the same.

                “Hyung...” Yesung whimpered.

                “Yesung-ah... you’ll be the next hyung after I leave. You will be in charge of the responsibility that I am carrying for the members...” Leeteuk said softly. “Take care of them for me... promise me that things will not be different as now. Keep them united as always... Promise me...” Leeteuk looked at Yesung directly in the eyes, his eyes were already b with tears.

                “I promise hyung” YEsung said... soon he felt a tear trickled from the corner of his eye. “I promise hyung...”

                Yesung looked at food again... snapping away from the memory. He felt a lump on his throat and tears started to brim in his eyes. He didn’t want to cry...

                I might have failed that promise, hyung...

 

***

                Yesung went back at the cafe to “visit” his family and help them... but of course to find if there’s a reply for him. Yesung immediately went to that reserved table and noticed a small white envelope. Yesung grabbed it and opened it. Inside was another sketch of him smiling, a letter and the short message that goes:

Speak and you’ll be heard;

Ask and you’ll be answered

-Melancholy

                Yesung nodded at the short message then his gaze turned to the other paper.

To cloudprince:

                Omo... I didn’t expect for a reply >///< I don’t know how to describe my feelings... why I’m doing this? Well... let’s just say, a gift for you before you enlist. I really appreciated you since the day I became your fan. I hope those sketches will lighten you up :D

-Melancholy

                Yesung nodded at the paper.

                Should I continue to reply?

                Yesung has this strong urge to write a reply:

To Melancholy

                Ah is that so? GOMAWOYO! I feel so blessed to have a fan like you~ My heart lightened up reading your short messages, it really helped me a lot... but isn’t it too bothersome for your part? I mean... you’re spending a lot of effort and I don’t really want to burden you

-cloudprince

                Yesung placed the paper face down on the signage. He really hoped that she would answer soon. Just then, someone came inside the cafe... it was Kangin.

                “Oh, Kangin-ah” Yesung went to kangin and invited him in. Yesung’s Mother greeted him happily with a hug.

                “Omo YoungWoonie~ ja, let’s get you some snacks” Bo kyoung said and went to the kitchen.

                “What brought you here?” Yesung asked.

                “Nothing... just wanted to visit you” Kangin said. “How are you feeling?” Yesung stared at him.

                “Good” Yesung said blankly. Kangin frowned.

                “Doesn’t looked like it” Kangin said “You’ve been quite in a distance from us... is there something wrong?”

                Yesung stopped...

                He didn’t answer Kangin directly, but rather just gave him a smile. They chatted for a while and Kangin left since he has another schedule to attend to. It was then the end of the shift came that Yesung saw a reply from the letter. He saw a sketch of him again...

Friends are always everywhere,
Open your eyes to see them~
-Melancholy

To Cloudprince:

                Gwaenchana~ Don’t worry, I come here always anyway so, it’s not really a bother.

-Melancholy.

                Yesung sighed... she really is a dedicated fan... Yesung wished that his fans would be like her too. But then... when he’s gone, what will happen to them then?

                What if... it won’t even matter if I leave?

                What if... I am not important at all?

                What if... Clouds will look for another man to love?

                What if... I am forgotten?

***

                “... hyung, let’s eat” DongHae called.

                “Neh” Yesung responded and went out of his room.

                Everyone was at the dinner table already, eating their fair share. There were some few conversation but none of them were exciting.
                “So waht are you guys gonna do these days” Kangin asked.

                “Schedules... bunch of schedules” SungMin sighed.

                “Wanna hang out?” Kangin asked.

                “Won’t fit my schedules” Kyuhyun said.

                “Mine either...” Eunhyuk, DongHae and Ryeowook said.

                “Aww come on, let’s have a nice goodbye party for Yesung hyung before he leaves” Kangin smiled. Yesung raised his face hopefully, but he was soon dismayed as he looked at the downcast face of the members.

                “Sorry hyung... but it seemed our schedules are tight” ShinDong said.

                “Ah” Yesung nodded. “I see”

                Maybe the members won’t care... won’t care all...

                Yesung stayed in the corner of his room, letting his sorrows flow within him like it was devouring him. He’s starting to get scared... scared of the things that await for him in the Military, scared of the things that would happen without him, scared that he’ll be leaving his loved ones behind. But then... his mind had gone to that person named Melancholy...

                He went towards his bag and grabbed all the things that Melancholy wrote and drew. He read them slowly and smiled again... it was like a fountain of comfort to him. He was becoming calm when he reads them.

                “... hyung?” DongHae, Eunhyuk and Ryeowook surfaced. Yesung didn’t pay attention to them and continued looking at the letters and drawings.

                “Hyung... we wanted to say sorry” DongHae muttered as the 3 entered the room and stood there.

                “It’s your schedule” Yesung said coldly “Not your fault”

                “Ah...” Ryeowook nervously muttered. “What are those hyung?” The 3 approached Yesung and noticed the small messages.

                “Letters” Yeusng said shortly and admired the piece of drawing.

                “Those are beautiful... who drew them?” Eunhyuk asked carefully and awkwardly.

                “A fan drew this... treasuring my remaining time by drawing and sending me these” Yesung said. “At least someone noticed I’m still here” the 3 exchanged looks.

                “Hyung... we...” Eunhyuk trailed his words, not knowing what to say.

                “Forget it” Yesung said. “It’s not like I’m the most important person to you, I understand you have more things in mind”

                “Hyung...” DongHae whimpered. “We’re sorry”

                “I said forget it” Yesung said “You guys have some schedules tomorrow... go and sleep”

                The 3 looked very down casted and left.

                “Good night” Ryeowook whispered before he closes the door.

                All the while... Yesung lets his tears drop...

***

                May had come too fast for Yesung’s like. He had been worrying here and there like there was no tomorrow. His mind had been boggling up, thinking what he should do to calm himself down. Then... he noticed it... another message from Melancholy.

A minute had gone by...

Is worth 60 seconds of time you cannot bring back

-Melancholy

                Yesung looked at the short message... his heart ripped as he thought of the members. He really wanted to spend his remaining time with s. He didn’t want to just sit there, doing nothing. He felt like he wanted to cry on the spot.

                Then... he thought of writing Melancholy.

                Yesung grabbed a fresh sheet of paper and laden it on the table. He thought of what to write first...

To: Melancholy

                Anyeong... sorry to bother you like this but, please don’t tell anyone... I really need an advise right now. You see... the members seemed so distant that I can’t get close to them. Last night we talked about having a send off party for me... but they reasoned that they have schedules... it really hurt me. It seemed that I cannot reach them anymore... otteoke? I don’t know what to do honestly... I wanted to spend my remaining time with them but... Can you please tell me?

-Cloudprince

                Yesung then folded the paper and placed it inside the envelope. He wished to see the reply sooner or later, he waited for one whole day inside the cafe helping his parents run it. He waits for the reply... Just then... after the shop closes, Yesung noticed that the colour of the envelope changed. Yesung knew it was a reply...

To Cloudprince

                Maybe it’s not like that they don’t want to spend their time with you. Maybe they wanted to, but just couldn’t? Yesung-ssi... if they can’t approach you, why don’t you approach them? I know that they really cared for you... even though there is distance, but there is always that binding force that keeps you with them always. Open up to them... instead of spending your time thinking about it, why not act up on it?

-Melancholy

                Yesung stared at the reply blankly... he sighed.

                She has a point... but what if nothing happened?

                YEsung is scared that one day he realized that he’s alone... he just can’t go through everything without s.

                That night, YEsung went to the dorm to find the members watching TV. All of them were quiet, some greeted him with low greetings. Obviously tired from their schedules...

                Maybe I shouldn’t bother...

                Yesung went inside his room in defeat. He rolled up on his bed and cried again silently...

                Morning came the same... waking up without being woken... Yesung looked at the ceiling and sighed. He needed to go to SM building that day to bid farewell to his colleagues. He went out of his room... no one was  there...

                I guess... they left me...

***

                Yesung just had a meeting with some of the SM’s producers who had bid their goodbyes to him, wishing him well on the military. Some even gave a hearty advise to him which he gladly thanked. Some colleagues greeted him and also wished him well. Yesung kept a straight face when everybody is reminding him of the military enlistment.

                Yesung went to the SJ waiting room where their manager instructed him to wait for him. Soon as YEsung opens the door...

                BOOOOM~~~

                Lots of crackers exploded everywhere, confettis flying here and there and people yelling:

                “SURPRISEEEEE!!!”

                YEsung looked around to see s smiling at him. In the middle was a banner that says “HWAITING YESUNG-HYUNG!!!”

                YEsung stared at them, he smiled and at the same time, he cried. He was touched... never had been he felt so wrong about the members. Kyuhyun stood there with the smug look on his face while holding a wine bottle, SungMin held the cake with Ryeowook. Eunhyuk and DongHae kept on firing confettis, Kangin and ShinDong having smiles on their faces. Siwon was holding a present for Yesung.

                But what made him happier was a smiling face of Kibum who hugged him tightly.

                “Hyung... goodluck and return safely with us” Kibum said.

                Yesung couldn’t help but to cry completely on his shoulder.

***

                “...so how are you feeling?” Kangin asked as he and Yesung was having a time with each other after the party they just held.

                “Very good” Yesung sighed happily as Kangin poured tea in their cups.

                “You thought we would just let you leave like that?” Kangin asked. They were now at some reserved spot in a restaurant where the other members were already losing their minds in noraebang.

                “Mianhe...” Yesung said.

                “Nah, don’t be” Kangin smiled “Besides, since you’re entering the camp quietly, we’d like to make this party worthwhile for you”

                “Everything you guys done is worthwhile for me” Yesung said truthfully. “You guys eased my mind just like that”

                “Worries?” Kangin asked and YEsung nodded. “It’s part of the enlisting... the more you think of it, the more scarier... but look at Leeteuk hyung, Heechul hyung... they’re doing fine”

                “I know... it’s just that, like LEeteuk hyung, I can’t stop worrying about the members” YEsung said as he took a sip of his tea.

                “Hyung it’s alright, I’m here for them and Heechul hyung is returning... remember?” Kangin said. “I will take care of them” Kangin smiled.

                It was a pretty familiar conversation. The one he had with LEeteuk. YEsung smiled... and looked at Kangin straight in the eyes and rephrasing what LEeteuk said to him... now he’s relaying it to Kangin...

                “YoungWoon-ah... you’ll be the next hyung after I leave. You will be in charge of the responsibility that I am carrying for the members...” Yesung said as he remembered the same feelings that he had that time. “Take care of them for me... promise me that things will not be different as now. Keep them united as always... Promise me...”

                Kangin smiled at Yesung.

                “I promise hyung...” Kangin said softly when suddenly a wild drunk SungMin appears.

                “Hyung-deul-ah!!! Come on and sinnnnngggg~~~” SungMin pulled KAngin and Yesung near the noraebang.

                “WEEE!!! Let’s give it to—YESUNG HYUNG!!!!” ShinDong gave the mic to Yesung... where he’ll perform... his last performance. IT HAS TO BE YOU.

***

                A day before Yesung’s enlistment, he planned to say thank you to Melancholy. So he went to the cafe and placed his thank you note. Then he went to the kitchen and observed if someone would come and go to take the envelope so he could meet the artist in person.

                But as the day ends... he didn’t notice anyone... all he noticed is that his thank you note is gone. There’s not even a reply... Yesung was disappointed...

                I wish... I could have a simple good bye from Melancholy...

 

May 06, 2013

 

                Yesung finally bid good byes to s who cried as he hug them for one last time before riding the car to lead him to the camp.

                So this is it... the artist with an art-like voice is finally going...

                Yesung thought.

                His mind is already calmed down... he never really thought that he could overcome his worries just like that. He’s really thankful to the fans, s and to Melancholy who shared her happiness to him.

                Yesung asked the driver to stop by his parents’ cafe so he can say goodbye again. They stopped by the cafe and was greeted by his crying mother and brother, his father was there too with pride in his eyes. Yesung hugged his family for one last time and entered the car again.

                Soon as the car starts... YEsung sat contently at the back seat, he let his hands fall on his sides... but then...

                “Oh—igo mwoya? (what is this?)” Yesung looked at his side to find a rolled paper. The driver took notice...

                “Oh, a lady asked me to give that to you a while ago” The driver said. Yesung had a sudden suspect that it was Melancholy who gave it to him.

                “Where is she?” YEsung asked, his heart beating.

                “She just left” The driver said. Yesung suddenly got off of the car and looked at the other side of the street.

                There she is... walking towards the next block. Having such long jet black hair...

                “MELANCHOLY!!!” Yesung yelled at the top of his voice.

                The lady stopped and looked at him... her hair flew with the breeze. Yesung’s heart skipped a beat as he saw her... she smiled softly and waved him goodbye... a few cars passed and she was gone... Yesung was mesmerized...

                HE opened the rolled paper...

                A sketch...

                Of super junior...

                Yesung felt half joy and half sadness at picture...

                15 super junior member sketches... with a speech bubble above their heads. All of them wearing casual clothes and smiling. YEsung read each speech bubble:

YEsung: Super Junior is like water... I can’t go on without it

Kangin: we shine most when all super junior members stand on stage~

ShinDong: Super Junior will continue on~

SungMin: Super Junir T + M + H + KRY = 1

Eunhyuk: Super Junior will never separate

DongHae: Super Junior is my first priority

Siwon: It doesn’t matter if you’re an ELF from the beginning, all it matters if you’re an ELF til the end.

Kibum: I call the members everyday... even if I live far from them, no one can be more happier than I am.

Ryeowook: For the members, I will...

Kyuhyun: Even my health is not that good, I’m doing everything just to spend my time with the members.

ZhouMi: I am thankful to become a super junior member

Henry: Thank you for believing in me

Hankyung: Yes we are far from each other...Yes, they are group and I’m a solo singer...Yes, they are in Korea while I’m here in China...But we’ll continue to be as one...

Heechul: Super Junior is my eternal home...

Leeteuk: It’s not the end... but the AND...

                Yesung traced his hands on the paper, looking at the members’ smiling faces. Even though they were separated by distance... but their hearts are bonded always... each words/phrases meant everything to him... these people believed in him because he believed in Super Junior. His brothers... he will be always thankful to them... 

To Cloudprince

                No matter how sad... no matter how hard... no matter what, you still have Super Junior members behind you... supporting you no matter what. They won’t leave you alone, you got them you got your family, you got your clouds... and of course me.

                The reason why I kept sending you sketches and short messages was because I was thankful to you. I was thankful to you...

                You saved me.

                I was about to commit suicide because of how I live my life. I couldn’t even talk to my friends about it... everything seemed to become a blur like there was no hope. I came from a broken family and I just couldn’t answer all my questions, everything becomes harsh towards me. It was crazy... I feel like everyone is deserting me. I thought I was going insane.

                But then... I heard your voice. You were singing it has to be you... the song that reached my heart. I never felt so comforted and calm. In the darkest day... your voice broke the barricade that surrounds me.

                My heart never felt so contented... I would cry when I listened your songs. I don’t even know why, but you saved my life and everything became clear all of the sudden.

                I found a light to guide my way and was you.

                You were the miracle that came and blessed my life...

                Whenever I’m upset, I’d play your songs and let your voice calm me again. It always worked. I am very thankful...

                Now that you’re leaving for the military, I hope those messages could help you cheer up because you did the same thing to me too. I know it’s long to wait, but I’m willing to wait until you come back.

                I’ll always support you even if the others won’t chant your name anymore, I’ll be there chanting your name until my voice wear out.

                Please come back safely and Healthily...

                Thank you once again...

-Lee HyeMin (Melancholy)

 

                Yesung stared at the letter as he imagined the face of the lady. His heart gave another tug as he realized he had just saved a life without knowing... he felt so proud and confident that he was able to do that. His heart warmed as he thought of her...

                Lee HyeMin...

                I’ll surely come back... who knows, we might be able to meet each other, not only in letters but in person. Please wait for me...

 


AiMei: I am very sorry for 2 days late update!!! Blame it on the internet -.- I'm sorry!!!

Anyways guys, hows the story? hehehhe

You know when I learned about the updates on Yesung's enlistment.. I never expected to cry! I don't even know why I was crying~ My heart really hurt when he left just like that. I didn't cry on Leeteuk's enlistment, but Yesug TT__TT I cried in the middle of the night. 

Call me drama queen or whatever, I don't care. Yesung always had a special place in my heart because we have seen him improve in so many ways and yet he was always humble. He'll always have that beautiful voice of his that I'll never forget... 

Like HyeMin... he touched my heart with his voice... 

I hope this story will touch your hearts as well...

YESUNG OPPA!!! COME BACK SAFELY!!! SARANGHAAAAAEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~~~