How To Handle Little Min's Sickness 2 - Taking Care The Sick

Appa Jung, Umma Jung, Aegi Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Changmin’s sitting quietly on the edge of the bed and biting his lower lips hardly. He kept his eyes on the stethoscope in front of him, feeling the need to be extremely on guard towards it. Meanwhile, both of his hands were each grabbing on Yunho and Jaejoong’s shirt.

Upon the touch from the stethoscope, Changmin was cringing and grabbing tighter on Yunho and Jaejoong’s shirt right away. He could feel clearly the coldness from the metal object against his skin, and he didn’t like it at all. The big difference between his body’s temperature and the stethoscope’s was giving him a weird sensation towards his skin and mind.

Being the professional doctor for years already, the doctor could sense Changmin’s anxiety towards the stethoscope right away. She smiled towards Changmin to ensure him that everything’s going to be fine. “Changmin, just relax,” the doctor said slowly; kept eyeing on Changmin’s reaction, “You could see, this thing didn’t hurt you, right?”

“It’s cold... It’s too cold. I don’t like it, Doctor Ahjumma,” answered Changmin with a pout.

“It’ll be end soon. No need to worry, okay?” added the doctor; still with the same smile.

After some minutes have passed, the doctor was finally pulling the stethoscope off from Changmin’s chest as the sign that his examination was now finished. Changmin was about to sigh in relief, when the doctor suddenly took a long and thin thing from her pocket. Upon the sight in front of him, the panic started getting into his mind.

 “N- No! Shiro! Shiro!!! Don’t use that!” shouted Changmin instantly.

Changmin jumped from his place towards Yunho’s embrace, while releasing his grip from Yunho’s hand. However, it seemed that Changmin couldn’t remember where his other hand was. Without caring about his grip on Jaejoong’s hand, Changmin unconsciously pulled Jaejoong along with him.

“What t- OUCH!” shouted Jaejoong, before rubbing his head over and over again.

Since Jaejoong was actually nowhere from ready, he lost his balance in no time and fell to Yunho’s direction. Jaejoong even didn’t have a chance to protect himself and just let his head hitting Yunho’s shoulder without any mercy. Fortunately for Jaejoong, at least Yunho had a time to grab on his waist and support him to not falling anywhere.

Yunho’s stare fixed on Changmin’s body, feeling worried with the sudden rejection from his little son. Meanwhile, Yunho’s hand was on Jaejoong’s head; trying to lessen the pain from the previous accident by rubbed it over. “Minnie, what’s going on?” asked Yunho softly, as he felt his shirt was getting wet because of Changmin’s tears.

“Appa... Appa... You promised me. You said she’s not going to use anything like that. Shiro. Shiro, Appa,” said Changmin, practically whispering near Yunho’s ear as his energy drifted away between his sobs that were mixed with coughs.

“Minnie, it’s not the thing-”

“Shiro, Appa. It’s hurt. It’s hurt. Please scold her. You said you will do it if she uses the thing. Please Appa, you’ve promised already,” said Changmin again, not letting Yunho finished his words.

Looking at the fear on Changmin’s eyes in front of him, Yunho couldn’t help but hugged him tighter than before with one of his arms. “Minnie. Minnie, calm yourself down first,” Yunho said while circling Changmin’s back over, “If you keep doing this, your sick will get worse eventually. You don’t want that happen, right?”

Changmin shook his head in silence.

“Now, look at that object clearly and tell Appa what it is,” ordered Yunho with a smile on his face.

Changmin was unwillingly turning around to see the object clearer than before. He kept looking at the object on the doctor’s hand, trying to examine every little details of it. After Changmin’s done with it, he’s sighing in relief and turning around to look at Yunho again.

“I don’t know, Appa,” answered Changmin, still in whisper.

“Is it the thing that you were afraid of?” asked Yunho further, knowing that Changmin now already realized the difference between the syringe and the other object.

Changmin shook his head again in silence.

“Minnie, it’s just a thermometer. The doctor will use it to check your temperature. You can feel the cold, but- that’s all. It won’t hurt you, like the stethoscope,” added Jaejoong, finally getting the pain on his head lessen.

Upon Jaejoong and Yunho’s words, Changmin finally agreed to let the doctor use the thermometer on him. He was trying to believe in Yunho and Jaejoong; knowing that none of them would hurt him. They’ve promised him already, after all.

The examination went out well, since there were no long and thin objects anymore during that time. When the Jungs were waiting for the recipes from the doctor, Changmin finally fell asleep on Yunho’s arm. Looking at the peaceful expression on Yunho’s arm, Jaejoong couldn’t help to Changmin’s hair lovingly and letting a smiled plastered on his face.

“Is he asleep already?” asked Yunho in whisper, afraid that it could make Changmin’s awake.

Jaejoong nodded right away to answer Yunho’s question. “It seems that he was draining his whole energy to reject the injection things previously,” answered him with a small chuckle.

“Well, guessed it. We get a stubborn child here, right?” replied Yunho, smiling upon his own words.

Jaejoong just shrugged uncaringly towards Yunho’s words. “Like father like son,” answered him, before giving Yunho a playful smile.

“BooJae, what do you mean by that?!” said Yunho with a pout, couldn’t accept Jaejoong’s words.

Jaejoong was giggling quietly; trying his best to suppress the laughter so bad. He didn’t want to make Changmin awake, since Changmin would need the rest so bad.

But before Jaejoong was able to answer Yunho again, both of them could hear someone’s clearing the throat. Both of them were immediately moving their attention towards the voice and getting a sight of the doctor, made them feeling guilty. The doctor seemed feeling guilty as well, since she had to disturb Yunho and Jaejoong’s moments to explain things.

“There’s nothing serious with him, just a slight flu,” the doctor said while giving Jaejoong the recipes, “All you have to do are making him take a rest as much as possible, also eat the medicines on time.” The doctor pointed on one of the medicine’s name. “Make sure that he’ll finish this medicine up.”

***

Jaejoong’s holding the thermometer on his hand and looking at the temperature shown there. He was frowning in confusion, couldn’t understand with the numbers there. He was sure that Changmin got as much rest as he could practically and ate all the medicines right on time, yet it seemed that his fever was still there even after days.

Getting nothing to be concluded, Jaejoong just sighed before sitting on the edge of Changmin’s bed. He was Changmin’s hair slowly; eyes kept locking on Changmin’s expression. “How do you feel now, Minnie? Does your head still feel dizzy?” asked Jaejoong caringly.

“A bit, Umma,” answered Changmin with a pout.

“Just take more rest, okay? I’m sure you’ll get better soon,” said Jaejoong with a soft smile.

“But Umma, I’m getting bored,” Changmin whined, couldn’t stand with the boredom inside him, “Why can’t I go to school? I want to meet Kyuhyun and the others. Why can’t I eat your delicious cook, Umma? Why do I have to eat porridge all the time?”

“You’re still sick, Minnie,” answered Jaejoong.

“But Umma, I’m bored with the porridge... Can’t you at least cook something else? I don’t want Su-Ahjumma’s food because it’s yucky. I want yours, Umma... Please?” begged Changmin again, hoping that this time Jaejoong would grant his request.

“But Minnie- ”

“Shiro. Shiro. Umma, I don’t want porridge anymore,” said Changmin; started sobbing all of sudden.

“Minnie, don’t cry... Ssshhhhh. It’s okay, Minnie. It’s okay,” replied Jaejoong while wiping Changmin’s tears from his cheeks. Jaejoong was feeling hurt as well, to see Changmin’s current state in front of him. He felt the pity towards Changmin and didn’t have the heart to deny Changmin’s request anymore. “Fine. Fine, Umma will cook something for you. Just- don’t cry, okay? You made Umma’s sad too here...”

“Really? Umma will make a delicious food for Minnie?” asked Changmin, still between his sobs.

“Yes, Minnie. Umma will-”

...

“WAIT!!!! Don’t touch that! It’s Jaejoong-Hyung’s- NO!!!”

PRANG!

.

..

...

Upon hearing a panic voice of Junsu added with a sound of shattering glass, Jaejoong and Changmin jumped on their place just like that. Both of them were feeling very startled with the sudden shout, it was even making Jaejoong had to stop his words in the mid way. Feeling something suspicious from the outside, Jaejoong immediately stood up and looked at the confuse look in front of him.

“Umma will go out and check Junsu-Ahjusshi for a moment, okay?” said Jaejoong before ruffling Changmin’s hair for once more.

After he left Changmin inside his room, Jaejoong was rushing straightly towards the first floor. He was feeling a bit anxious, since Junsu’s voice sounded very surprised. When Jaejoong reached the first floor and looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter