fragment 001: the boy who needs a savior

Fragments of Yoo

 

~||  F R A G M E N T  #  O O 1  ||~

The boy who needs a savior…

 

 

 

            “Freak.”

            Daehyun trips over someone’s foot and ungracefully falls to the cold pavement below. There’s some snickering coming from behind him as he sits himself up trying to brush away the dirt that had clung onto his clothes. He doesn’t scream. He doesn’t yell. He doesn’t retaliate. He just continues to calmly remove the dirt from his sleeves as if nothing had happened. His bullies are not happy with his passive reaction though. No, not at all, so they decide to do something about it.

            There’s a sudden tug of his hair, a smack to his cheek, and a kick to his gut. Daehyun finally whimpers out from the pain and it causes the bullies to laugh out loud. To them, hearing the poor boy cry out in pain was entertaining and it also made them feel quite satisfied with themselves. They continue to push and kick him around until someone decides it would be good to spit in his face. The saliva begins to mix in with Daehyun’s tears. It’s disgusting, but he doesn’t do anything to halt their wicked game of fun. He just lets them have their way with him since he can’t do anything to stop them anyway.

            Whenever this happens to him, he always wonders why no one ever tries to help him, but Daehyun sadly knows the answer to that question already.

            It’s because no one cares.

            He curls himself into a ball allowing the bullies to continue their relentless and violent attacks on him. He wishes they would just kill him off already. If no one cares about him, shouldn’t he just die?

            “Yah, what the hell are you guys doing? Get off of him!” An angry voice of a male yells out to the bullying boys from down the school hallway.

            The bullies and the unknown person are now screaming out unpleasant threats to one another.

            Daehyun is confused.

            Was this person actually trying to help him?

            It’s impossible.

            The voices surrounding him are starting to escalate. He then hears wrestling sounds of clothes, fists colliding against cheek bones, and kicks rounding about here and there.

            Daehyun shakes his head. This must be a dream. He finally closes his eyes feeling utterly exhausted. There are more tears suddenly streaming down his face. He doesn’t know whether he’s crying out in relief that someone has finally come to save him, or if it’s from the horrible pain that is shooting in all directions throughout his body. It’s probably just from the pain, which means…

            This has to be a dream.  He tells himself repeatedly.

            Even when there’s a hand caressing his cheek, wiping away his tears, and a tender voice telling him that everything will be okay, he still thinks it’s all a dream, but it’s alright because the warmth that is coming off from this person’s hand feels real enough and it’s all he’s ever wanted…

            To have someone be his savior.

 

---

A/N:

So, um, yea, I missed the deadline to the contest that this fic was supposed to be in…I thought I would make it in time, but life likes to throw a lot of unexpected things in my face a lot of the time so this is why this is posted late. I'm sorry. I hope I didn't disappoint you subscribers who had subscribed beforehand with this chapter.

 This was supposed to be a long oneshot, but I thought I should split it up since it’ll probably motivate me to actually finish this story completely. It’s probably not a good idea, but I’m just going to go with it. And yes, the chapter is supposed to be very short. It's to fit that "fragment" theme this story has so each part will be like a drabble.

Please give me feedback because I seriously need it. It’ll tell me if I should just completely scrap this idea or continue on with it.

I also wanted to thank DarkDreamer for being supportive of me while I wrote this. I wouldn’t have been able to get the drive to actually write this story out if it weren’t for you.   

Please excuse my grammar mistakes.

<3 dububrit-on