One

A Family of Monkeys (2)

 

"Appa!! I smash!!"
 
And with that, before Hyukjae could even react, the two year old boy threw his giant bouncy ball at the coffee table in the living room. Hyukjae rushed over, rescuing the vase that was about to fall. He exhaled in relief. Honestly, the vase would have landed on the rug anyways and the coffee table wasn't very tall. 'But better safe than sorry,' he thought to himself. Shaking his head, he scooped up his son. 
 
"Junior," he scolded gently, "smashing isn't good. Only bad boys smash things." 
 
Junior frowned, looking at his dad with a pouty expression. "But smash.. smash is so fun!!" he exclaimed enthusiastically, his dark brown eyes widening. 
 
Hyukjae chuckled softly and brought him into the kitchen. "Why don't we draw? Let's draw Junior." 
 
Junior nodded excitedly. "Junior at the park!!" he screamed, climbing up onto the chair at the table as Hyukjae got some paper and crayons. He set them down for him and smiled watching him get to work. He pulled out his phone and looked at the time. 6: 47. ______ would come home with Youngjae and Hero by 7. The boys had soccer practice every Friday night. Hyukjae was proud for getting his seven-year-old and five-year-old into the sport. Starting early was always good. He taught them as much as he could whenever he had free time. He had been, and still was, obsessed with soccer. He yawned softly, rubbing his eyes tiredly. Having children was exhausting, but he couldn't be anymore happier. He loved his boys and his beautiful wife more than anything in the world.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
 
"We're home!" _______ called, walking inside with the boys. It was close to 7:30; the practice had run late. Junior ran out of the playroom excitedly. "Umma!!" he screamed, hugging his mother's leg happily. Meanwhile, the older boys rushed into the playroom to see their dad. _______ could hear them telling him all about practice, and he was just as excited to listen. She smiled, scooping up her baby and kissed his forehead. "Did you have fun with Appa?" she asked him as she walked into the playroom. 
 
"Yes!! I smash!!" he said loudly, waving his hands happily. 
 
She blinked and raised an eyebrow, looking at Hyukjae. "What exactly did he smash this time, may I ask?" she asked, looking amused and concerned at the same time. 
 
Hyuk blinked and instantly smiled charmingly, wrapping his arms around her. "Umma you're home! I missed you so much!" 
 
______ rolled her eyes laughing, nudging her husband away gently. "Babo," she mumbled playfully. 
 
Hyuk laughed and pulled her back to his side, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Honestly, it was nothing. I actually saved the vase from a fatal accident." he explained, nodding proudly.
 
"Is that so?" she asked, smiling amused. He smiled down at her. He loved seeing her smile. It made her eyes twinkle and her whole face glow; it just made him so happy.
 
"Appa!! Can you show us some new soccer moves??" Youngjae, the eldest, interrupted. He and Hero looked up at their dad desperately with pleading eyes. ______ smiled and nudged him again. "Go ahead. I'll get this little man ready for bed." Hyukjae smiled and kissed her forehead before scooping up both boys in each arm, growling playfully. "Mm of course I will! Appa can't hog all the soccer skills, can he?" ______ giggled softly, watching him carry the laughing boys to the backyard. She then turned to Junior, cocking her head. 
 
"Let's get your bottle and put you to bed, neh?"
 
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
_______ got into bed, yawning sleepily. Junior was fast asleep in his room, and they had just finished tucking in Youngjae and Hero in their beds. Now Hyuk was changing in the bathroom and ______ was determined to finally relax and spend some alone time with her husband until one of them, or both of them, drifted off to sleep. Hyuk finally came out, wearing only sweatpants. She couldn't help but stare at his abs; she'd seen them several times, but each time amazed her more than the first. He smirked, noticing. 
 
"Something wrong, baby?" he asked, casually flexing. 
 
She widened her eyes, staring even more. Although he was skinny, he was extremely muscular and well built. She pouted when he started laughing.
 
"Yah! Stop showing off and get over here!" she said playfully, crossing her arms.
 
"As you wish, milady," he said with his goofy gummy smile as he obediently got into bed next to her. He pulled up the covers around both of them, knowing she got cold easily at night. She smiled up at him, her eyes gazing at him lovingly. He kissed her nose in response, murmuring gently.
 
"You're so beautiful.."
 
She giggled and kissed his lips in response, barely pulling away to whisper back.
 
"I love you, oppa. So much."
 
Hyukjae smiled happily. He loved hearing those words from her. It never got old, even though they had been together for so long. He her hair gently, kissing her neck softly before whispering in her ear giving her tiny chills.
 
"I love you too, ______."