Take Care

Impact

"Yah! Stupid girl!" he shouted, running towards her, his light steps on the concrete. She turned around to the voice, flipping her ponytail to the side. A small grin lit up her face as she waved at him. 

When he finally reached her, he crouched down and hugged his knees, fighting for a breath of air. He rose up and tugged on her arm. He stared at her with wide eyes while she stayed silent and raised her eyebrows. "Your chin...." 

She pouted as she the bandaged cut. It looked terrible and she was sure there would be a huge scar in replacement of the gash. It bled all night and it made it hard for her to eat and talk. She scowled at the edurance she had to go to. "Yeah, it still hurts" she mumbled. She sat down on the playground bench and kicked some cracked leaves on the floor. The little boy watched his friend sit down and followed her into sitting down right next to her. 

"Well that's what you get for not listening to me" he grumbled, folding his arms over his torso. She scoffed lightly and hit him in his arm. "It's all your fault!"

His mouth hung wide. "What do you mean saying it's my fault?" She rolled her eyes and turned her head the other way. He tapped her shoulder which only earned him a nudge from her shoulder, signaling him to back off. "YAH! YAH! YAH!" he yelled.

"Stop it! If it weren't for you being such a meanie, I wouldn't have gone up those monkey bars anyway!" she exclaimed. She tucked her chin down as she glanced at him with tear-brimmed eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm saying that you just pushed me away and that made me upset so I went up there!" she replyed loudly. He widened his eyes at her explaination and suddenly felt a tinge of guilt flushing over him. He shook his head. He shouldn't be the one guilty when it was her choice to fall to her death, he thought. But he still felt like it was wrong to let that happen to her. She was now......his friend. And friends look out for each other right?

"I-I'm sorry" 

Her jaw stood apage. He actually apologized? She hated how such a simple phrase could make everything that he done vanish like the wind. "I forgive you" she responded quietly. 

He gave off a bright smile in which she mirrored. "When you grow up, you can't be stupid like that anymore" he said. She pouted again and sighed. "Yeah I know. You made me do your stupid promise" she mumbled. 

"No" he objected, shaking his head. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "You won't be able to do stupid things anymore because I won't let you"

"Now, you're being crazy"

"Nope. When we grow up, you'll have me by your side." he answered positively, holding his head up high. She giggled slightly from his puppy proud expression.

"How will you be able to do that?" 

"Because, I'm going to marry you" 

She bit her lips to surpress a light tint of pink shading her cheeks. She then woke up to reality. "Are you crazy! We're still too young to get married" 

"I know, that's why I said in the future" he corrected.

She squinted her eyes at him. She held her head up high and smirked. "Who said I was going to get married to you when I grow up? What if I don't want to? What if I find someone else?"

He let out a tiny laugh but then tugged on her arm. "You're going to have to get married to me because I think I'm the only one who would want to take you. You're so stupid, I don't think another boy would want you" 

Her eyes filled with tears again. Was this because of pity? "Yah! Why do you always have to be mean to me!?" she asked, annoyed. It was no fair on how he always treated her. 

He shrugged and chuckled. "And besides, if you do find another boy to marry then I'll still look after you"

"Do you even know what marriage is?" she asked curiously. He talked about marriage as it was the most simpliest thing in the world. When, in fact, it was meant for two people to love each other forever.

"Of course I know what marraige is. My mommy and daddy are married and it means that two people will take care of each other for as long as they can"

"You're my friend who I'll protect till we part ways and I never break promises"

------------

The chatter of random voices echoed throught out the ebony green walls. It was crowded, smelly and unsanitary. This was what was called "lunchtime". She picked around her food before grabbing her ham and cheese sandwich and taking a huge bite out of it.

"If you keep eating like that, you'll get more fat than you already are" he stated as he took a bite of his home-made salad. She scowled at his remark and began to take another bite out of her sandwich. To make him annoyed, she opened wide, letting him see the mushed ham and bread melting in .

"Eww!" he exclaimed as he scrunched up his face. "I can't believe I'm going to get married to that".

She followed his action and stuck out her tongue. "Why do you care?"

"Because when we get married, we have to kiss" he responded nonchalantly. She almost choked on her bite as it took a lot of effor to shove it down .

"Eww!" she squealed. Another tint of red was rising to her cheeks. 

He laughed out loud at her response and patted his stomach. After about 3 minutes of laughing, he took out a small textbook from his bookbag. She cocked her head and stared at the cover. It read "Advanced Math".

"Why are you doing that hard book for?" she asked as she saw him open the book and doing some questions on the lunchroom table. 

"It's because we have that test we take to determine which middle school we go to" he answered gloomly. She pursed her lips. "Is it hard?" she asked.

He lifted up his head and stared at her with a disapointed face. "Of course it's hard! It's a test!"

"Oh....should I study?"

"You have to study"

"Wait..why?" she whined. "I don't want to!" She playfully stomped her feet on the ground, shaking his book.

He continued to write some answers in his book but then he spoke. "If you don't study, you won't get into the same middle school as me. And then I won't be able to take care of you until high school"

She was speechless at his answer. He was so determined to take care of her and for some reason, she liked it. She still shook her head and pouted. "It's just middle school, it's not a big deal."

He shot her a death glare and angrily pointed out "It's middle school. It determines where we go for the next 3 years of our lives! Who knows what trouble you would have gone through in 3 years!"

"I'm going to be fine"

"No you won't. I know you. You are going to mess up and get hurt again but I won't be there to help you"

"You never help me anyways. You are the one that makes me get hurt" she remarked. He stayed quiet as he flipped a couple pages again. She watched attentively as he took his pencil and circled some answers. He didn't once look up at her in 5 minutes of her just staring at him. He finally spoke up.

"If you don't try.....you'll regret it"

And she did.

 

Thanks you!!!!

This is actually a true story that I've had as a childhood and I am really happy to share it with you guys! This is optionalbias so you can choose any bias you want and fit him in the male role.This will probably be a two-shot or a three-shot. It's going to be short fic :) Thank you for the subscribers I've gained just from the foreword! Please please leave a comment and subscribe!

I'll continue but it matters on what I receive :) Subscribe and comment! Trust me it helps :)

Check out my other fanfics!