Fifty Shades of Pain

Wishes Do Come True
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ni Ni's POV

I heard a collective gasp from the judges. Gritting my teeth, I got up in a split second and continued dancing. However, every time I stepped on my right leg, which was quite a lot, a sharp pain stabbed my leg. The tears started to come out, but I wasn't the type to give up. I kept on dancing, fighting through the pain and the wetness. 

No, don't give up now. You've come this far. If you screw this up, you're not going to make in anything. Keep on going. Being a naturally optimistic person, I used the tears to help me incorporate the feeling of sadness into the song. I guess it worked because I left the judges gaping in wonder at my performance. Either that, or they were really worried about my injury...

I thanked them and limped out. As soon as I came out, I collapsed against a wall, breathing heavily. I closed my eyes. I could feel my ankle throbbing, and it hurt like hell. I sat like that for who knows how long when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey...are you okay?" I looked up into the face of the boy who I loved for many years. Luhan.

"No," I whispered, gritting my teeth from the pain. I thought I saw his face flash a look of worried, but he quickly put on his mask of no expressions again.

"I'll get you to the nurse," he said, reaching to pick me up bridal style. 

I stopped him. "I can walk." I took a dainty step foward and ended up falling into his arms. I groaned.

"Clearly not," he smirked. He picked me up and headed to the nurse's office. I felt really awkward. I didn't know where to put my hands. Plus, I'd never been in a guy's arms like this before, especially his. 

"Put your arms around my neck," he commanded. Surprised, it took me a while to take in what he said. I slowly put my arms around him and buried my face in his neck. I still felt really awkward. 

"You know, you're really heavy," Luhan joked. 

You know, you're pretty strong. I thought.

"Then let me down," I squirmed.

"Nope. You're staying right here," He tightened his hold on me.

I sighed and decided to savor the moment.

Out of nowhere, my foot started to throb even more. My onslaught of tears poured out again.

"Oppa, it hurts," I sobbed. 

He didn't say anything, but he started running. Finally, we reached the nurse's office and he laid me down on the bed. 

"She's in pain," Luhan told the nurse. He held my hand, and rubbed one hand over the back of mine. He kept mumbling about everything being all right. I felt like he was more comforting himself than me. The whole time, I kept my eyes on him. His face was white with worry and he was biting his lip. As his gaze met my eyes, I looked away.

The nurse started to prod my swelling ankle, and I screamed. It felt like ten thousand knives piercing into my skin. The nurse made a "tsk" sound and injected something into my leg.

Soon, I drifted off into dreamland. The last words I heard were, "You must really love your girlfriend..."

--

Luhan's POV

I found Ni Ni in the hallway, sitting down and grasping onto her ankle as if her life depended on it with tears raining down her cheeks. My eyes widened. This can't be good. My heart filled with worry as I rushed to her. Nononononono. This better not be happening. What happened? I'm going to kill the bastard who did this. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter