From "String" to Soulmate

From "String" to Soulmate

     I wake up one morning before my college classes. My phone buzzes with a new text. It's from my boyfriend, Henry Lau.

"Good morning, _________. How is my baby girl?"

     I reply. "Good morning, sweetheart. I am good. How are you?"

"Better, now that I'm talking to my girl," the next message reads.

     "Oh you. ;) Do you have any plans for the day?" I reply.

"Actually, I was about to ask you about your plans," he replies. "I was hoping we could hang out later today after I get done with work  and after your classes."

     "That sounds great. We've just been so busy, both of us. It's been way too long since we've gone out on a date," I reply.

"How about I pick you up at five?"

     "Sounds great, babe. I'll see you then. What should I wear?"

"Stay casual and cool," he writes.

   "Okay. I love you," I write.

"I love you more. <3"

   Did he just use a heart? I don't care. He's cute like that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     At five o'clock that night, I'm ready in my black lace long-sleeve shirt with a black camisole underneath. I'm also wearing black skinny jeans and black converse. I put on light makeup and leave my hair down.  

     I hear a car door close, and I grab my studded black purse that matches my entire outfit. http://i49.tinypic.com/3535mjc.png

Henry and I meet halfway down the stairs. His outfit slightly matches mine, and he gives me that smile that never ceases to make me melt, even afer a year and a half together http://i45.tinypic.com/2u7y49l.jpg

     "Still in black, but you look nice,_________," he says.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I reply.

    "You ready?" he asks.

"Yep. Where are we going?"

     "That's for me to know and you to find out, but I know you'll like it," he smiles.

I'm not one for surprises, but whenever it involves my sweet boyfriend, I almost always enjoy it. Except for that one hike we took when we got poison ivy. But that date was still fun, too.

     A few minutes later, we pull up in front of my favorite Mexican restaurant. The food is great here, and I love all the people who work here and the people who own the place.

     He pulls out a chair for me and sits down next to me. We order our food, and we talk and hold hands while we wait for it.

"So, how's college been?" he asks me.

     "It's been good. More work with the end of the sememster, but that's to be expected. How is work and all the guys?" I ask.

"Everyone's doing well, and work is going great. The album is doing really well. But I miss you so much. The guys even ask about you sometimes."

     I smile and remeber the first time I met all of the Super Junior guys. They were so sweet and nice to me, and a few even tried to speak in English to me. 

 Our food comes, and we enjoy our delicious food. After we're done, I speak to the people who own the small restaurant that are usually there in Spanish. Along with majoring in music, I also took some college courses in Spanish. Henry tries to speak to them with the little bit of Spanish I have taught him. 

     "He's a good boy," Senora Menendez says. "Keep him around."

I tell her that I definitely will. Her daughter comes up to me.  

     "When are your and Senor Henry getting married?" she asks.

I giggle and say "I'm not sure about the getting married right now,  but maybe in the future," I say.

     Henry must have understood part of what she had said, because he laughed a little. But this wans't the normal laughter he usually had when someone asked when we were getting married. This was more of a nervous laughter. But I didn't think much of it.

     We said goodbye, and Henry began to drive again. 

"Where are we headed now?" I ask.

     "Again, a surprise, but you will like this, too," he says.

Still, I'm left to wonder.

     The car stops and we pull up to a beautiful lake with a walking trail.

"Shall we go, my lady?" he says.

     I laugh as he takes my hand and leads me onto the trail. We slowly walk along and intertwine our fingers. We find a bench along the trail and he sits, motioning for me to sit beside him.

     The almost-fall air chills me a bit, but he puts his arm around me, pulling me closer. Suddenly I feel warm again, and happier than I have been in the time when we have been apart. 

      He speaks. "The little girl, she was Marta, wasn't she?"

I look up, "At the restaurant?"

     "Yeah."

"Yeah. She was. What about her?"

     "She's cute. 'When are you going to get married?'"

I laugh. "She is cute. People keep asking about us getting married, but I'm glad that we've taken things slow."

     He smiles amd looks down at his feet.

"Well, I'm glad that we're together again after being away from each other for so long," he says. "I missed you so much, ____________. I really did."

     Henry almost looks sad when he says this, but then smiles again once he looks at me.

"Aw, Hennie, I missed you, too. I'm so glad you're back," I reply. 

     "I'm glad I could be back in time for your birthday," he says. "I even got you an early birthday present."

"You treat me so well, baby. I hope you didn't go overboard ."

     "Wait a second. I think I dropped something," he says.

"Where?" I ask.

     "Over there," he says while motioning to my side of the bench. "I'll look over here, but you keep your eyes over there," Henry tells me.

"Okay." I start to search my area of the ground near the bench, but I don't find anything.

     "Henry, there's nothing over here," I say, beginning to turn around, but he gently turns me back to the direction in which I was just in.

"You have better eyes than me, sweetie. I think you can find it."

     "Okay. Whatever you say," I tell him while turning back around. I look back for one last time, only to hear him say, "Nevermind. I found it."

"Alright. Cool," I reply, turning around. Then I suddenly seem him, and I'm totally caught off guard.

     There he is; Henry Lau, my boyfriend, down on one knee, holding a gorgeous ring in his hand, with the biggest grin on his face.

"I wans't looking for anything," he says. "I already found it, and that something was you."

     I usually don't cry out of happiness, but warm tears start streaming out of my eyes and splashing onto my face.

"____________, will you marry me?" he asks.

     I can't manage to speak, but I break into a huge smile and nod my approval. He stands up, slips the ring onto my finger, and takes me into his arms. I finally manage to say something to him. I whisper in his ear.

     "I love you, Henry."

"I love you too," he says ever so sweetly.

     We both stare into each other's eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes I fell in love with belong to that of my future husband.

Husband. I LOVE that word. 'Henry' and 'husband' will someday be in the same sentence for me.

     I feel his warm breath on my face. He slowly pulls me in, I lean in, and soon, his lips are pressed onto mine in the sweetest, most passionate, love-filled kiss I have ever shared with him.

     "I can't wait to tell my family and the guys," he says.

"You know what I can't wait for?" I say, smiling.

     "What?" he asks.

I get on my tip toes and give him peck  on the cheek.

     "I can't wait to be Mrs. Henry Lau, " I reply, almost the happiest I've ever been.

He kisses me one more time, and we begin back down the trail, his arm around me the whole time, until he starts to piggyback me halfway down the trail. 

     I never want this moment to end. 

But then, I suppose we would never get to be married if we stayed in this moment forever.

     Seems like an even tradeoff to me.