Sunflower's love

Sunflower's Love

Annyeong haseyo~!! My first normal story. I know. Btw,enjoy^^ Listen to this while reading http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZukHxqOA0o

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The sun shine so bright today. But I don't feel happy at all instead only sadness that I'm thinking of. Today, me and my family decided to visit our village at Busan. It has been three years now after I last went there and last time I met him. He's my first love, first kiss and first in everything. He's also the one that change the gloomy me into a brighten one.

"Seol-ah, are you done yet? We have to go now." I heard my mom shouted from down stair.

"Yes mom. I'll be down in a minute."I responded.

I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Lee Seol and I'm 19 years old. I've already enrolled in the college and not a high school student anymore. Now, it's a summer holiday and that's why we are going to Busan. I miss my village so much. I hoped on in the car with my parent and my brother, Jeongmin and go to our destination.

"Neo gwenchana?" My brother asked me and looked at me worried.

"Gwenchana. Don't worry." I just give a weak smile at him. When we arrived there, the first thing that comes to my mind is him. The memory that I've already forgot come flooded in my mind like a video tape. I remember when I've always be with him and his cute yet genuine smile. I smile at my memory. It’s so sweet and yet so sad at the same time.

 

Flashback 3 years ago

Lee Seol POV

"Oh no, I'm late." I said to myself as I rushed through the corridor in the hospital. Wondering what I'm doing here? Well, my granddad was admitted to hospital two days ago because he had diabetes. And now, I'm rushed because I'm late to meet my friend, Gyu Ri onnie at some coffee place. As I'm rushing, I bumped into someone at the corner of the corridor. Both of us fell on the floor.

"Ouch. Hey, watch out missy. No running at the corridor." the stranger tell me as he stand up.

"I'm sorry. I'm in rushed. Sorry again for bumping into you." I bowed many time to the stranger. I'm still not looking at his face though because I'm afraid that he will scold me for being careless.

"Hey, stop bowing. It’s okay but next time don't do that again." the stranger softly tell me that. And for the first time, I look at him. He's smiling sweetly at me. 'An angel' My mind thought unconsciously.

"Erm, I'm sorry." I lower head down blushing.

"And stop saying sorry." he added.

"Okay." I said slowly. Just then I noticed that he's in hospital attire.

"By the way, I'm Kwangmin. Jo Kwangmin." He introduced himself and offered a handshake.

"Lee Seol." I shook his hand. ‘So cold.’ I look at him.

"Your hand so warm, Lee Seol-ssi." he said amused.

"And yours so cold." I replied. He just smiled nervously at me.

"Oh, you said you're late. Where are you going?" He asked me tried to change the topic.

"Oh yeah. Oh no. I'm so dead. I have to go now. Nice meeting you, Jo Kwangmin-ssi. Annyeonghi gyesseyo." I slapped my forehead forgetting about earlier and bowed to him last time before I leave.

"Oh.Annyeonghi gaseyo. Hope we meet again." I heard him shouted behind my back and waved at me. I waved back a little and continue rushing.

 

Kwangmin POV

"That girl is so cute. I hope we can meet again." I said to myself before go back to my room. Wonder why I'm here?*sigh*. Hospital has been my second home after my own house because I've to go back and forth from here. I've been diagnosed a heart disease when I was 6. It has been 10 years now since I've suffered from that disease. My condition became worse day by day. I seat on my bed while looking out at the window. I watched many kids running at the hospital's garden. The view is so beautiful. I love to watch the scenery. It can calm my weak heart. However, I'm so jealous with them because they can be active while I'm not. I have to control myself from getting excited too much or it will affect my heart. When I was a kid, I've always begging at my parent to let me played outside the house but they don't let me. They afraid something worse might happen to me. I just can stare at them with jealousy.

"Annyeong, Kwangmin. Did you miss me?" My hyung said as he walked in the room.

"Oh, you're here? Why would I miss you? You came everyday though."' I pouted at him.

"Eyy, Kwangmin. Just admitted it." he playful said to me. I'm just chuckled at his childish behaviour. Old enough to get married but still acting like a kid. He's Donghyun. Kim Donghyun.21 years old and he's my cousin on my mom's side.

"Did you bring anything for me, Donghyun hyung?" I asked him excitedly.

"Urm, me think. Hehe, I brought this cd for you to watch if you're boring." He handed a cd.

"Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Vol. 2? Oh, I love you, hyung." I hugged him tightly as he sit beside me on my bed.

"Aigoo, my cute dongsaeng." He ruffled my hair while chuckling. I beamed at him. I love Harry Potter so much. Not the person though. Don't misunderstand. It just that I like the storyline. An orphan with a magical power and have many people love him without he realize, except his uncle Vernon and aunt Petunia of course. Especially, his cousin. What was his name again? Dudy? Dudly? Dudley? Whatever. Like I care.

"Gomawo, hyung." I said to him.

"Nae. You're welcome. Why don't you rest now? You must be tired, right?" He said while caressing my hair.

"No, I'm not. I'm not doing anything though except for strolling around the corridor and bumped into someone." I said back as I recalled about what happened earlier. I smile unknowingly.

"Why are you smiling? Who're you bumping into? A pretty girl?" He raised his eyebrows teasing me. He looks weird when he did that.

"Eyy, hyung. How did you know?"

"So my guess is right?" I nodded slightly.

"Aigoo, what's her name? Did she always come here?" He asked me smiling widely like a moron.

"Her name is Lee Seol. Pretty name she has. I don't know. I don't even ask her about that." I shrugged.

"Is that so? Well, let just wait and see if she really come here again. I have to go now. Rest well, okay?" I nodded and he waved me goodbye. Boring again. I sighed deeply. Better watched Harry Potter now.

 

Lee Seol POV

It's already 2 a.m and I'm staying at the hospital tonight to take care of my granddad. I wonder if I can meet that cute boy again. Jo Kwangmin. Cute name he has. I smiled slightly. I look at my granddad and see he's sleeping. I go to bathroom to change my clothes because I'm still wearing the same clothes for one day. I changed into a comfortable sweaty pant and baby blue sweater. Then, I decided to take a walk around the hospital because I'm not sleepy yet. My feet bring me to the hospital's garden. It's so nice here. I sat on the bench while looking around. There's only a few people here since it's already night. Someone tapped me on my shoulder. I looked up and saw him. He's wearing a jacket outside his hospital attire. He's smiling at me.

"Hi, it's you again. Lee Seol, right?"

"Nae, Jo Kwangmin-ssi." I smile at him.

"Just call me Kwangmin. Don't be so formal."

"And call me Seol."

"Okay. What are you doing here?" He asked while sitting beside me. I smiled back and said.

"I'm here waiting for my granddad. He's sleeping and I can't sleep so I decided to take a walk for a while. You're not sleeping yet?" He nodded understanding.

"Is that so? No, I'm not. I can't sleep either. Want to go somewhere?" He asked me.

"Where?" I asked him back.

"Follow me." He smiled and grabbed my hand. I blushed at his touch but still followed him.

"Do we have to get out of here? I mean there are guards over there and I don't think they'll let us out." I said while pointing at the guards in front of the gate. He just smiled at me.

"That's why we have to sneak out."

"What?!!" I asked surprised. I've never did something sneaky like this before. 'What was he's thinking? Aish, this boy.' I sighed silently.

"Shh. Keep your voice down." He put his finger on his lip signing to shut me up. I rolled my eyes at him. He chuckled slightly. We go as quiet as we can behind the guard shack.

"What are we doing here?" I whisper confused on what on earth we are doing behind guard shack. Playing hide and seek maybe with the guards? He then pointed to me a secret door behind it. It covers with bushes so we can't see it if we see it from a far.

"Let's get out of here." He whispered and walks out from here with me still holding my hand tightly.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? You don't have any serious illness, right?" I stopped for a while and hesitantly I asked him. He's not answering my question but just smile at me softly. Eventually, I melted by that and just keep follow him silently. We're taking a cab and lucky enough he bring his money. After a while, we arrived and I saw the most beautiful scenery that I've ever seen. It's a flowers' field. I watched them amused. It's full of sunflowers. All yellow scene.

"So beautiful." I whispered.

"Yeah. I love this place. I found it when I ran away from hos-home when I was 13." He said. We take a seat on the field while enjoy the scenery.

"Sadly, it's dark. We can't see it clearly." I pouted.

"You're cute when you pout. I want to wait until the sunrise. Can we?" He said. I blushed as he stared in my eyes. I feel my heart is about to jump from the crib. I gulped my saliva.

"O-of course. I'd love to." I stuttered a bit. I think my face is like a tomato now. How embarassing. He's moving closer toward me and stares at my lips.

"May I?" I froze. Is he going to kiss me? And then I feel something soft against my lips. He kissed me. I don't know what's gotten into me so I reply to his kiss. I can feel he's smiling in the kiss. I think maybe, just maybe I've fall for him. My first kiss and first love. He pulled off the kiss after a while and we're gasping for air. He put his forehead against mine. I close my eyes and feel his breath on my lips.

"Seol-ah, I think I love you. Although we just met today but my feeling tell me that you're the one." he whispered.

"Me too." I whispered back. Then we kissed again but this time a passionate kiss. After a few hours, the sun rise beautifully. I watched him sleeping on my shoulder because he said he was tired and want to rest for a while. I put arm around his shoulder try to support him from fall. I know he has a chronic disease. I can guess it by his unsteady breath but he won't admit it. He doesn't want me to see him as a weakling. That's why I acted dumb in front of him. Although I still don't know what kind of disease he has but I still want to love him with all my heart. I frowned at my thought. Remember that he also want to watch the scene, I woke him up.

"Kwangmin, wake up. The sun already rose." I shook him gently. He moved a bit and fluttered open his eyes.

"Oh. It’s morning already?" He yawned cutely. I nodded and smile gently at him.

"Beautiful, right?" I asked him.

"Yes, especially when you're here with me. It'll be more beautiful." He said snuggled closely on my neck. I chuckled at his cheesiness.

"So cheesy." I rolled my eyes playfully. He chuckled.

"So cold." He shivered a little. I hugged him tightly and kiss his forehead.

"How do you feel now?"

"Better." He smiled.

"Do you like sunflowers?" I asked him sudden.

"Yeah, I love them. I feel peace when I watched them blooming every year. I wished to make my own sunflowers' garden." He said that.

"Is that so? Where do you want to make it?"

"I don't know. Somewhere with widen area. I don't care."

"Let's go now. I'm afraid someone will search for us." I tell him.

"Okay. Let's go." He agreed. We stand up but he stumbled a bit. Maybe it’s because he felt numb. I s my arm around his waist and put his arm around my shoulder. I carried him slowly walking back to the hospital. As soon as we arrived at the hospital, I lay him down on his bed. He looks so pale and his breath is unsteady. Lucky we don't get caught.

"Do you want me to get a nurse for you? You're not looking good." I asked worrying about his condition.

"No, you don't have to. Let me sleep for while then I'll be fine. Stay with me." He grabbed my hand pulling me closer.

"Don't worry. I won't go anywhere. I'll stay with you." I said while caressing his smooth hair and kiss his forehead. He closed his eyes and drifted to dreamland. I rubbed his chest gently try to make his breath become steady and soon enough, I heard soft snores coming from him. 'Luckily he's okay but I still curious about his illness.' I thought for while. I stared at his face for a long time, admiring his soft skin. His big doe eyes, sharp nose and plump lips make every girls envy with him and yet fall for him. Just like me. Weird, right? We've only met not longer than 24 hours but we've already feel love toward each other. Maybe this is what they call love at the first sight. I caressed his cheek gently while holding his cold hand. I bring his hand close to my lips and pecked it. I rubbed my cheek with his back hand as I close my eyes. Although I feel tired, I don't want to leave him. I want to be with him and take care of him.

"Who are you?" I heard somebody asked from behind. I hurriedly stand up not releasing Kwangmin's hand from my hand and bowed to that guy.

"Jeosonghamnida. I'm Lee Seol. Kwangmin's err friend." I said stuttered a bit. He stared at curiously.

"Lee Seol? Oh, you're the girl that bumped into him yesterday, right?" He asked me.

"Yes, I am. I'm sorry again for disturbing. I have to go now." I said as I releasing my grip and put his hand gently on his cute tummy.

"Oh no. Don't bother to leave yet. By the way, I'm Donghyun. Kwangmin's cousin. Can we talk for a while?" He asked me.

"Urm, okay. Let's talk outside." He nodded and both of us go out of the room. We go to the hospital's garden and seat at the same bench where Kwangmin and I met last night.

"Lee Seol-ssi."

"Just call me Seol."

"And call me Donghyun oppa." I nodded.

"Seol-ah, can I asked you something?"

"Ask me what?"

"What do you think about Kwangmin?" I'm surprised he asked that.

"Well, he's sweet and a cute guy. I like to be by his side." Honestly I said. He chuckled at my answer.

"Yes, he is. I can tell by the way you look at him, did you fall for him?" I blushed madly. He's so straightforward.

"Urm i-i" I'm speechless.

"It's okay. You don't have to tell me. I know everything." My eyes widen.

"Know about what?"

"About this." He shows me the pictures of me and Kwangmin at the sunflower's field, also when we were kissing. I'm so shocked.

"Are you a stalker or something?" He laughed at my question.

"What do you think?" He raised his eyebrow at me. Tell you the truth, he look so weird doing that.

"Don't do that. You look weird." I said as my eyes still widen while pointing at his eyebrow. He chuckled amuse.

"Wow, you are just the same as Kwangmin, you know?"

"Huh?"

"Saying that I'm weird." He pouted.

"You look weirder doing that."

"Aish, this girl." He ruffled my hair. I feel like I’ve known him for a long time. I laughed at him.

"You're so easy to tease." I grinned at him. He smiles back at me.

"I'm not a stalker. I'm just wanted to protect Kwangmin even from a far. He used to run away from hospital countless time and always found fainted by people around." He explained to me.

"That makes sense. Sorry for accusing you."

"It's okay. I understand. Actually, I want to tell you something important." He becomes serious. I don't know why but I feel so nervous.

"Wh-what is it?" Willing or not, I must listen to this.

"First, do you already know about Kwangmin's condition?" He asked me.

"No, I'm not. But I know that he's suffering now. What is his illness?" I wondered.

"He has a heart disease."

"What?!"

"Yes and he's getting weaker from time to time. I just hope he can be happy before you know. I can't bring my heart to say it." He looks so sad. I'm sad too.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure to make him feel happy from now on." I said to him.

"Thank you so much, Seol-ah." He hugged me.

"No need too. I love him." I hugged him back. My tears started to flow. Donghyun oppa is also crying with me.

"He's my dongsaeng and I love him too. From now, you're also my dongsaeng, okay?" I released the hug and nodded. He wiped my tears and tell me don't cry anymore.

"Oppa, I have to go now. I haven't seen my granddad yet. He also admitted here because of diabetes." He nodded.

"Okay, see you later." I nodded and walk away.

 

Donghyun POV

"Such a sweet girl." I smiled as I watch Seol walk away. Then I proceed to go to the Kwangmin's room. When I arrived there, I saw doctor and nurses standing beside Kwangmin's bed.

"What happened? Did he get another attack?" I asked the doctor.

"Yes, he is but don't worry. He's okay for now though we have to put mask oxygen on him. Please be patient." He patted my shoulder and went out of the room with nurses. I look sadly at him. Wearing those mask oxygen make him look weaker than before. He's so fragile. I touched his hand and caress softly with my thumb.

"Kwangmin-ah, please don't give up too early. Seol is here to accompany you now. I know you'll be happy if she's with you. And I also know how much you miss him." A single tear dropped from my eyes on his hand. His hand moved a bit but he doesn't wake up. I sighed and take a seat next to his bed.

 

Lee Seol POV

"I should do something for Kwangmin. But what? hmm." I talked to myself while rubbing my chin. I'm now sitting inside the Coffee's House alone. I love to come here to relax myself while sipping cappucino, my favorite drink.

"Aha. I know." Accidentally I shouted out loud as I'm standing. People around look at me like I'm a weirdo or something. As I realize, I bowed apologize to them and rushed out of the cafe. Pabo,pabo,pabo. So embarrassing. Aigoo. Forget it. I must go to that place now.

 

No One POV

Kwangmin's already awake but he's not allowed to remove the mask oxygen because he's still hard to breath. Donghyun is there next to him.

"Hyung, where is Seol?" Kwangmin asked with difficult. He's already knew that Donghyun have met Seol earlier. Donghyun told him that she is a sweet girl.

"Don't worry. She'll be here soon." Donghyun assured him to be patient.

"But I can't wait any longer to meet her." He coughed and pulled of the mask. He tried to stand up wanting to get out of the room and search for Seol but Donghyun held him.

"Can you be patient? It’s not like she's going anywhere." Donghyun scolded him. Being stubborn he is, he pushed Donghyun aside with all his strength and started to walk away but he only managed to walk three steps before falling on the floor.

 

"KWANGMIN-AH!!" Donghyun kneel down beside him. Kwangmin clutched tightly on his chest feeling too hurt. He started to shout Seol's name out loud.

"SEOL-AH!!SEOL-AH!!ARGHHHH!!" He tossed around can't bear the pain that he feel now. Donghyun hugged him tried to prevent him from moving too much. Kwangmin cried and screamed until he worned out and fainted in Donghyun's arms. Donghyun then shouted for doctor and carried Kwangmin in bridal style to put him on his bed. Doctor and nurses then arrived in a minute. What they didn't know is that Seol was already there even before Kwangmin's scream. She's crying so hard thinking that it’s all her fault that make Kwangmin became like that. She thought that she shouldn't be close to him in the first place. Before, she went to the sunflower's field that she went with Kwangmin to take sunflowers' seed. She wanted to plant them with Kwangmin at the hospital's garden. But now, all she can think is that she must stay away from Kwangmin starting from now. She doesn't want him to go wild again and get another attack. She accidentally dropped a small bag that contains sunflowers' seed on the front door of Kwangmin's room.

"I must go now. Far from here." With that, she walks away. And that's the last time she ever saw him.

 

End flashback and now

 

Lee Seol POV

"It's been so long, Kwangmin-ah." I'm standing in front of the hospital that Kwangmin used to stay. Yes, used to. I received the news of Kwangmin's death 3 months after I left him. 'I'm sorry Kwangmin for leaving you. Just know that I love you. Always love you.' I thought as I cried.

"Lee Seol?" Somebody called me from behind. I wiped my tears and turn around.

"Oppa?" There I saw someone that I used to know. Donghyun oppa.

"It's really you." He hugged me and I hugged him back. My tears started to flow again. He's also crying.

"Oppa, I miss you. I'm sorry for leaving. I can't bear to watch him acting like that at that time." I broke the hug.

"So you saw it before? He's miss you so much, you know?"

"I miss him too but God love him more." I can't stop my tears.

"You know what? After you left, he found those sunflowers' seed." He said to me.

"He did? I thought I lost them at that time."

"Yes and he even said that he knew who brought that to him." He smiled a bit.

"Is that so?"

"You know why? Because you're the only girl that he ever brought to the sunflowers' field. That's why he knew. And he said to me that he told you he wanted to make a sunflowers' garden."  He said recalled back the past with him.

"I feel so guilty now for leaving him."

"Don't be. He said it's okay because he knew he watched you from up there." I nodded as my tears started to flow again.

"What he did with that sunflowers' seed?" I asked him curious while wiping my tears again.

"He planted them and they've grown up well now. It has been a beautiful garden."

"Oh really? Where did he plant them?

"At the hospital's garden. He knew you want to plant them there too." He smiled softly.

"But who's taking care of those flowers now?"

"Somebody that felt so guilty because he can't meet with Kwangmin too. He blamed himself for what's happened." He explained.

"Who?" I'm curious and I want to meet him.

"You'll know once meet him. He's there at the sunflowers' garden. I've to go now. Good bye." He bid good bye to me.

"Good bye. See you soon."

"Yeah." He waved at me while walking. I turn around and proceed to the hospital's garden. When I arrived there, I saw beautiful scenery that once I've saw with Kwangmin before. I miss those time. I miss him too.

 
 

"Is there no one here? It's too silent." I asked myself while explore the garden. I touch one of those flower and smile at it.

"You sure remind me of him." I talked to the flower.

"Yo, missy. What are you doing here?" Somebody asked me from behind and I turn around to face him. I'm so shocked to see him again.

"K-Kwangmin?" My eyes widen yet I froze at my place. But the thing is that he has a golden lock, not a brunette one. Just like these sunflowers.

 

The End

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
What do you think about my first angst? Too angst? Not enough angst? Or too bad? TT_TT
I'm sorry if there's any typo because english is not my first language. Don't forget to leave comments. I really appreciate that. Gamsahamnida *bow*
Saranghae,all my readers.~ppyong~!!
Annyeong~!
 
Don't forget to check out my other stories, Saranghae Hyung^^ & Drama King