Puppy Love

Puppy Love

After staying up all night, I sat and typed most of this up in one go. It’s really pointless, but maybe if it can make you smile, it won’t seem so dumb ^__^

-

“I got it Gyu hyung!” Sungyeol walked into the Kim household and straight into the living room on a sunny spring afternoon.

Myungsoo looked up from his…well he wasn’t really doing anything besides lying on the couch, staring up at the ceiling. Sungyeol looked around.

“Where’s Sunggyu hyung?” The tall boy asked his friend.

“Why are you looking for him?” Myungsoo sat up, side eyeing the rather large lump of Sunggyu’s shoes and other things stacked in a corner. He groaned slightly, seriously getting tired of his hyung’s messy ways.

“Because,” Sungyeol grinned, ing a victorious finger into the air. “I created the best thing ever!”

“What is it?” Myungsoo, lips curved into a smirk, clearly wanting to be in on whatever Sungyeol was up to.

“Well it’s kind of like a birthday present for him.” Sungyeol rubbed his hands together mischievously, when Sunggyu hobbled in from the kitchen.

“Good night.” He mumbled, barely paying his dongsaengs any attention and collapsing on to the empty sofa. He had just finished his lunch, and was ready for his afternoon nap.

“Wait hyung! I made something really awesome for you!” Sungyeol nudged the tired grandpa-like man rather roughly.

“I don’t care. Show me tomorrow.” Sunggyu grumbled into the seat of the leather couch.

“Trust me…you’re going to like this~” Sungyeol hummed excitedly.

“…Really?” Sunggyu raised his head slightly.

♥♥

“So, you know how you’re scared of dogs?” Sungyeol asked, as he guided Sunggyu and a curious Myungsoo across the hall to his apartment. He was neighbors and close friends with the Kim brothers since the three of them grew up together. So close, that the three even decided to live in the same apartment building in their adult lives.

They entered his bedroom, which somehow seemed to be converted into what looked like a mad scientist’s laboratory, rather than a twenty-two year-old’s bedroom.

“Yah, what did you do to your room?” Sunggyu nagged, his hands instinctively resting on his hips. “What is all this? It looks dangerous. Don’t tell me you’ve been skipping out on work to put all this together—.”

“Jeez relax!” Sungyeol groaned. He and Myungsoo shared an eye roll.

“Yah!” Sunggyu snapped. “I saw that!”

“You were supposed to hyung~” Sungyeol sighed as he reached for a beaker containing a mysterious blue liquid. “So as your early birthday present, I made this!”

Sunggyu made a face. “And what is that exactly?”

“It’s a brilliant concoction I created to get rid of your fear of dogs!” Sungyeol exclaimed, as if he had just discovered the cure for the common cold.

“I’m leaving.” Sunggyu was already turning to leave, when Sungyeol signaled to Myungsoo, who instantly made a grab for his older brother’s arm. “Yah, let go of me. I don’t have time for you brats and your dumb —.”

“It really works!” Sungyeol pressed on.

“I don’t care. I don’t even need to get rid of my dog problem. It’s not like I’ll ever get a dog or anything.”

“Hyung…” Myungsoo frowned. “When we went to the park yesterday you almost peed your pants when that tiny wiener dog sniffed your foot.”

“N-No I didn’t!” Sunggyu blushed. “And it wasn’t tiny! That thing was almost the size of—.”

“A human foot?” Myungsoo supplied.

“No! It was…! Ugh fine.” Sunggyu gave in. “But there’s no way that weird concoction of yours actually works.” He eyed Sungyeol’s creation with skepticism.

“Well, I guess we should test it out.” Sungyeol decided.

“Don’t scientists usually test these kinds of things out on rats or something?” Sunggyu pointed out.

“But what if it kills the poor mouse?” Sungyeol pouted. “No! That’s a bad idea!”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “Yah, would you rather see me die instead?”

“Hm…a rat or a hamster…?” Sungyeol pursed his lips, turning to Myungsoo. “Which would you choose?”

“Well…” Myungsoo put a finger to his chin. “I feel like rats always get such a bad rap, while hamsters get all the love.”

“That’s so true.” Sungyeol nodded. “I mean, they’re basically the same thing! The only difference is that one of them has a useful tail to help them and the other has a fat .”

Sunggyu had long tuned out their dumb, insulting conversation, and wandered into the kitchen to get a drink. He was in the middle of downing a tall glass of fruit punch, wondering why a single, twenty-something male didn’t have anything decent to drink, when there was a knock on the front door. He stood where he was, expecting Sungyeol and Myungsoo to come out from the bedroom to answer the door. But then there was another knock on the door, and still no sign of his dongsaengs. He sighed and finally decided to move his oh-so-busy self off to answer the door instead. When he opened it, he immediately regretted it. Because standing there was one of their other neighbors, another tenant of their building, Nam Woohyun.

It’s not to say, Sunggyu hated Woohyun. He really didn’t. But for some reason, whenever they met, things became super awkward super fast.

Last week, was a good example.

Sunggyu was tired from a long day of work, and was stepping into the elevator, when someone yelled to hold the door. He did just that, and Woohyun rushed in, gratefully. Sunggyu’s jaw almost dropped to the floor, when he took in what the younger man was wearing. Woohyun was sporting very tight black leather pants, that seemed to hug him like a second skin, and a sleeveless fishnet tank top, that was pretty much see through.

Now, Sunggyu, tried his best not to make judgments on other people and their lifestyles, but Woohyun was a e. Or a stripper. Or something else that a mother would definitely not like her son to be doing. This was what Sunggyu had convinced himself of. Why else would someone be wearing something so ridiculous, he figured.

He didn’t even realize he was shamelessly staring, but Woohyun did. The younger man conservatively wrapped his lean biceps over his chest, and shyly glanced at Sunggyu from the corner of his eyes.

“Uh…how’re you doing?” Woohyun asked, in an attempt to recover from the uncomfortable silence engulfing the small space.

“Fine.” Sunggyu nodded quietly. “You?”

“I’m ok.” Woohyun averted his gaze. “Your brother…?”

“He’s ok too.”

“Ah, that’s good.”

Sunggyu bit his lip, wondering why the hell the elevator seemed to be moving at such a slow pace.

“Sunggyu-sshi?” Woohyun suddenly piped up, turning to the older man. Sunggyu turned as well, blinking. “Uh…do you…do you like cookies?” He suddenly blurted out.

“Huh?” Sunggyu merely stared at him. Why was the guy asking about cookies?

“I…I guess?” Sunggyu tilted his head in confusion. Then the doors finally opened, and they parted ways, without another word.

♥♥

So Sunggyu was not looking forward to the awkward atmosphere to come when he saw Woohyun at the door.

“Ah, so it was you.” Woohyun blinked.

“Huh?”

“Ah…well I was on my way to your place, but then I thought I saw you coming over here. I guess I was right.” Woohyun explained.

“Oh.” Sunggyu nodded, but then tilted his head. “Yeah, I just came to see Sungyeol and—wait, why were you coming to see me?”

“Huh?” Woohyun smiled awkwardly, confusing Sunggyu even more.

“You just said—.”

“So is Sungyeol here too?” Woohyun barged in past Sunggyu, looking around the small apartment.

“Hey, wait! I never said you could...” Sunggyu frowned, watching Woohyun place a small container down on the kitchen counter. He was about to ask about it when Sungyeol and Myungsoo finally decided to show themselves, waltzing out from the tall one’s bedroom.  Sungyeol was still clutching onto the beaker filled with the blue liquid.

“Ok so hyung, we—.” Sungyeol immediately paused when he spotted Woohyun standing there. “Oh hi there Woohyun hyung.”

“Hey. Sorry, I stopped by uninvited like this, but I just—.”

“No.” Suddenly Sungyeol’s lips curved into a grin. “It’s quite alright.” He nudged Myungsoo, who looked to him, and smiled as well, before turning to Woohyun.

“You have perfect timing actually, hyung.” Myungsoo added.

“Really?” Woohyun smiled, innocently. “Perfect for what?”

“Well I’m an avid juice maker, you see,” Sungyeol the beaker in front of Woohyun. “And we were just experimenting with a new flavor.”

“Yah!” Sunggyu gasped, causing all three to turn to him. He immediately pulled Sungyeol and Myungsoo aside. “What do you think you’re doing? You’re going to use him as the test subject?”

“Why not?” Sungyeol shrugged.

“But how do you even know he’s scared of dogs?”

“It’s not for that. We just want to make sure, it doesn’t kill anyone or you know cause unbearable diarrhea or some horrible symptoms like that.”

“Oh…” Sunggyu thought it over for a moment, when he noticed Woohyun lifting the beaker to his lips. “Wait no!” His tiny eyes went wide in horror, as Woohyun downed the whole thing in one go.

“What flavor is this anyways?” Woohyun asked, as he his lips, inspecting the newly empty beaker.

“Uh…pineapple!” Sungyeol blurted out.

“But…it was blue?” Woohyun smiled stupidly.

“W-Well obviously it came from a blue leafed palm tree, that’s why!” Sungyeol exclaimed. Sunggyu slapped his forehead in annoyance. There was so much wrong with the choding’s sentence that he was dying to correct, but waved it away. After all, there were far bigger issues at hand.

He studied Woohyun’s face for a moment to see if anything would change.

“We’re going to have to monitor him over a period of forty-eight hours.” Sungyeol told Sunggyu and Myungsoo in a hushed voice. Though it was no point speaking quietly, since Woohyun didn’t appear to be paying attention to them anyways. He was instead sniffing the beaker rather actively. Sungyeol took the beaker out of Woohyun’s hand, and smiled carefully at him, as if he were an impatient nurse dealing with a small child.

“So…what do you think of the drink hyung?” He asked in a slow, calm manner.

“It was good.” Woohyun nodded, in a perky manner, before twitching slightly, and scratching the back of his ear.

“I see…” Sungyeol nodded. “And how do you feel?”

“Feel?” Woohyun was still rubbing at his ear frantically, and suddenly fell to the floor, landing on his bottom.

All three gasped and rushed up to him. Sunggyu knelt down beside him and put a hand to his forehead.

“Yah…are you ok?” Sunggyu regarded the younger man with a concerned look. He felt kind of guilty, like the whole thing was his fault, which it kind of wasn't. “Does your head hurt—?” Sunggyu froze, when he suddenly felt something hot and wet brush across the back of his hand. He stared incredulously at Woohyun, then at Myungsoo and Sungyeol. “Did he…did he just me?!”

Sungyeol and Myungsoo couldn’t even speak and had their eyes glued to Woohyun who was still busy struggling to get that pesky itch away from his ear. His tongue was sticking out and he started panting.

“Y-Yah!” Sunggyu tugged on Sungyeol’s arm. “What’s going on?!”

“I think…” Sungyeol blinked. “I think I turned him into a dog.”

“What the hell did you put in that thing?!” Sunggyu hissed. “Lee Sungyeol, if you don’t fix this right now, I’ll—“ Sunggyu yelped, when Woohyun suddenly pounced on him and began attacking his face with wet slobbery doggy kisses. “S-Stop!” Sunggyu blushed. Since Woohyun was still a man on the outside, it just made everything even more embarrassing and weird. Woohyun didn’t stop however, and starting shaking his bottom to and fro, as if he had a tail and was trying to wag it. “Y-Yah!” Sunggyu whimpered, as he attempted to shove Woohyun’s tongue out of his face. “D-Do something about this!” He yelled at the two dongsaengs standing there watching the scene with amused expressions.

“This…you have to admit it’s kind of funny.” Myungsoo grinned.

“Oh yes this is ing hilarious!” Sunggyu shouted, angrily. “I’m laughing so much I might cry!”

“Ok, calm down.” Sungyeol chuckled. “All we have to do is wait. It should wear off in a few days. Like I said, forty-eight hours.”

“You mean we have to deal with this for forty-eight damn hours?!” Sunggyu yelled.

“Obviously, we can’t leave him like this.” Sungyeol sighed. “How about we take turns taking care of him? We’ll switch off every two hours.”

“Sounds good.” Myungsoo nodded in agreement.

“Yah!” Sunggyu growled. “Why aren’t you two at least a little bit freaked out by this? You turned him into like a dog person, o-or a man dog…thing!”

Myungsoo shrugged. “It’s kind of cute.” He petted Woohyun’s head, and Woohyun immediately responded, leaning his head into Myungsoo’s hand, and panting.

“T-This is so messed up! Sunggyu threw his hands up in the air, as he scrambled to his feet. “I’m not dealing with this. So you two, handle it.”

“That’s fine with us hyung.” Myungsoo smirked, as Sungyeol got out a collar and leash.

Sunggyu shot them an oh-you’ve-got-to-be-kidding-me look.

“And where the hell did you get that from? Why do you have a dog collar with you? And you’re not seriously going to put that thing on him are you?! He’s not really a dog you know? He’s a freaking person for God’s sake!”

But Myungsoo and Sungyeol weren’t listening to the naggy hamster and had already strapped the shiny red collar complete with a name tag, around Woohyun’s neck.

“Wow, I’m surprised it fits.” Myungsoo and Sungyeol high-fived as if they had achieved something great.

“Do you like it?” Sungyeol petted Woohyun’s head.

“Yeah!” Woohyun nodded, happily.

“H-He can still speak?!” Sunggyu gasped, taking a step back.

“Of course I can!” Woohyun turned to Sunggyu, now standing on two feet again, as opposed to all fours. “I can speak Sunggyu-sshi! I can do tricks too!”

“Hey now, no need for the formal language!” Sungyeol explained, pointing a finger at Woohyun. “You see this old guy here?” He gestured to Sunggyu. “He’s your hyung, ok? Sunggyu hyung.”

Woohyun nodded and gripped onto Sunggyu’s arm, staring up at him with small glassy eyes, and a cute smile. “Hyung~”

Sunggyu immediately pulled away, not being able to handle any of this. He covered his mouth to conceal a blush, as he attempted to pull himself together.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo, merely exchanged an amused look.

“So how about you take the first shift hyung?” Sungyeol suggested.

“What?” Sunggyu frowned. “N-No way! I’m not getting involved in—.”

“Or I could do it?” Myungsoo swung the leash around casually, though the smirk on his face was telling another story.

Sunggyu studied Woohyun, who was rolling around on the carpet, probably still trying to get that itch off, and then looked at his younger brother, who was the leash in what could only be perceived as an manner. He was his lips, and fondling a squeaky toy. Sunggyu stared at him in horror, wondering how he could possibly be of the same blood as such a erted brat.

“F-Fine, I’ll do it!” Sunggyu groaned, and pointed a finger at Myungsoo. “On the one condition, that you don’t go anywhere near him!”

“As you wish~” Myungsoo grinned, and looped arms with Sungyeol. “I’ll just sleep over at Yeollie’s.”

“Ah, but that means you’ll have to take him to your place.” Sungyeol piped up.

“What? Why?” Sunggyu frowned.

“Because, I have people coming over later.” Sungyeol replied nonchalantly, as if his evening plans took precedence over everything else.

♥♥

So Sunggyu was forced to drag Woohyun to his apartment. Myungsoo suggested he use the leash. An idea that Sunggyu immediately rejected.

Sunggyu gripped onto Woohyun’s wrist and guided him across the hall.

“Where are we going hyung?” Woohyun asked, blinking cutely.

“M-My house.” Sunggyu muttered, as he unlocked the front door.

“Ah right.” Woohyun sniffed the air, as soon as he entered. “So this is where you live hyung.”

“Yeah?” Sunggyu watched as Woohyun walked in a circle in the entrance way, busy taking in all the scents.

“It smells nice in here.” Woohyun smiled.

“Uh…thanks?” Sunggyu rubbed the back of his neck. He wandered into the kitchen, and Woohyun eagerly followed. The younger watched as Sunggyu got out an ice cold bottle of water from the fridge and started drinking. Woohyun his lips, and continued watching, somewhat impatiently.

Sunggyu stopped drinking, when he felt Woohyun’s eyes on him and sighed.

“W-What? Do you want a drink or something?” Immediately Woohyun rushed up to him and gripped onto Sunggyu’s hand which was moist from the perspiration of the icy water bottle. He sniffed Sunggyu’s hand for a moment, before the palm of his hand. “Y-Yah!” Sunggyu instantly became flustered, and attempted to push the younger away. But that didn’t deter Woohyun who started carefully Sunggyu’s slender fingers. Sunggyu managed to shove Woohyun away, but it took a heap of energy that he was really not used to using. Since he was storing it up for the winter, like his chestnuts.

“S-Stay away from me!” Sunggyu pointed a commanding finger at Woohyun before going to sit down on the couch. Woohyun, of course immediately disregarded the warning and followed him to the couch. He leapt on the couch besides Sunggyu, and rested his head in Sunggyu’s lap, lying on his back. “Now what?” Sunggyu groaned, and looked down.

“Hyung~” Woohyun looked up at him, his hands balled up into fists on either side of his face. “Rub my belly~”

“W-What?” Sunggyu flushed. “N-No way! Get off me—.”

“Hyung, please!” Woohyun gripped onto Sunggyu’s t-shirt, nuzzling his nose into the elder’s tummy.

Sunggyu whined slightly in protest, but the truth was Woohyun was being too cute, and he really couldn’t resist.

“F-Fine…” He grunted and hesitantly reached out his hand. The moment his finger tips felt Woohyun’s firm abdomen, he snorted. “Great…even the dog person thing has a better body than mine.”

“I like your body hyung.” Woohyun was looking up at him with sparkling eyes.

“T-That’s a weird thing for a dog thing to say…” Sunggyu mumbled, as he gently Woohyun’s stomach.

“Is it?” Woohyun blinked, his eyelids fluttering closed at the relaxing tummy massage Sunggyu was giving him. Sunggyu couldn’t help but smile, thinking that maybe this whole thing wasn’t so bad after all. And if dogs are like this, maybe they’re not so bad either.

♥♥

“Ok, so this is where you sleep.” Sunggyu pointed to some old newspapers and some dirty rags scattered in the corner of the kitchen. Woohyun took one look and frowned.

“Why do I have to sleep there hyung? It’s dirty and doesn’t look comfortable.”

“So? You’re a dog thing. Comfort shouldn’t be an issue for you.” Sunggyu replied.

“I’m still a living thing. I’m not a rock.” Woohyun argued.

“Well if you don’t want to sleep there, then you can just go sleep outside.” Sunggyu folded his arms. “Do you like that idea better?”

“No…” Woohyun muttered, angrily pouting.

“Good, now sleep.” Sunggyu pointed to the corner, before flipping the kitchen lights shut, and heading to his room. As soon as he turned off his bedroom light and settled in bed, he heard some rustling and Woohyun’s collar jingling in the dark. He sighed and reached over his nightstand to turn on a small lamp. He sat up, just as Woohyun peered in the doorway with a sheepish grin.

“Go back to your newspaper.” Sunggyu commanded. “Now. Go.”

But Woohyun was still coming towards him, and hopped on the bed.

“Yah! I just told you—.”

“This is more comfy~” Woohyun hummed and snuggled under the covers.

Sunggyu didn’t know much about dogs, but he was pretty sure they preferred sleeping on top of blankets, rather than underneath them. But he merely shrugged it off, since his knowledge was so limited on such things anyways. He figured he could be wrong.

“Nice and warm~” Woohyun wrapped his arms around Sunggyu’s waist under the covers, and buried his nose into Sunggyu’s chest.

“T-This is weird.” Sunggyu complained and attempted to push Woohyun’s face away. But Woohyun was making grabby hands towards him and Sunggyu’s hand.

“Argh!” Sunggyu groaned, wiping his hand on Woohyun’s pant leg.

“Hyung…these clothes are uncomfortable to sleep in.” Woohyun mumbled. He was still wearing his outfit from earlier that day—skinny jeans, and a knit cardigan with a button up shirt underneath.

“Then change.”

“But my clothes are at my house.”

“Fine, just take something out of my closet.” Sunggyu sighed and gestured in the general direction of his closet.

“But hyung…” Woohyun tugged on Sunggyu’s arm.

“What?”

“Can you help me?”

Sunggyu paused for a moment, before sitting up, facing the puppy like man. “E-Excuse me?”

“I can’t change with these.” Woohyun held up his hands, which were folded in a manner to make them look like paws.

“Yes you can! You have opposable thumbs! See, right here.” Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun’s thumb and bent it, making the younger man whimper.

“B-But hyung—.”

“No! I will absolutely not help you change! Under no circumstances will I be doing that!” Sunggyu exclaimed.

“Ok…” Woohyun nodded, seeming to finally understand. He shuffled over to Sunggyu’s closet and looked around before grabbing a t-shirt and some sweat pants. Sunggyu watched him walk into the bathroom in silence and shut the door behind him.

Sunggyu waited a moment before nervously getting up and standing by the bathroom door. He pressed his ear to see if he could hear anything. It was completely silent, however.

“W-Woohyun….?” He knocked gently. “Uh…are you ok?” When he didn’t hear anything, he started to seriously get concerned. He grabbed for the emergency key in his nightstand’s top drawer and hurriedly shoved it in the lock. He pushed open the door, just as a shirtless Woohyun was pulling off his pants.

Woohyun immediately gasped.

“H-Hyung! What’re you—?”

“Yah! Why didn’t you answer, if you were ok!” Sunggyu frowned, unfazed by the younger man’s near . “I thought something happened to you! Like you tripped and bashed your brain into the edge of the tub or you swallowed a bar of soap or something!”

“I-I’m fine, so you can just—.” Sunggyu gripped onto Woohyun’s arms, inspecting closely to make sure he was unharmed. Woohyun gulped, at the older man’s close proximity and the way he was so intently taking in every inch of his skin.

“So you’re really ok?” Sunggyu asked, again.

“You…” Woohyun looked up at him. “You were worried about me?”

“S-So?” Sunggyu stammered, and quickly averted his gaze. “I-I mean…I wasn’t worried. I just don’t want to get sued or anything after this whole potion thing wears off.”

“Oh…ok.” Woohyun smiled.

“W-Why are you smiling?” Sunggyu muttered.

“Because," Woohyun chuckled. "Hyung is a bad liar~."

♥♥

The next morning, Sunggyu turned in bed, expecting Woohyun to be lying there, but was surprised to see the space beside him was empty. He sat up ruffling his hair, and squinting. Suddenly an alarming thought shot through him. If Woohyun wasn’t there…then where was he? Possibly somewhere getting himself into trouble. Sunggyu immediately sprung up in bed and raced into the living room. He finally spotted Woohyun in the kitchen, wearing an apron, cooking. Actually cooking.

“What the hell?!” Sunggyu pointed a shocked finger at the younger man as he rushed up to him. “How’re you cooking? Dog things shouldn’t know how to cook! Does that mean the potion wore off?”

“Hm?” Woohyun spun around, practically beaming. “Oh…well I guess you could say that.”

“Huh?” Sunggyu blinked. Suddenly Woohyun clutched onto his arm, pulling him closer. He teasingly brushed his tongue across Sunggyu’s cheek. “Y-Yah!” Sunggyu blushed and shoved him away.

“But maybe not completely?” Woohyun grinned.

♥♥

“Lee Sungyeol! Kim Myungsoo!” Sunggyu stormed into Sungyeol’s apartment. Myungsoo, who was lying on top of Sungyeol on the couch raised his head slightly when he noticed his brother there.

“Oh hi hyung…how’s puppy care?”

“Puppy my !” Sunggyu spat. “The whole thing was an act wasn’t it?!”

“Ah,” Myungsoo sat up, yawning and nudging the dozing Sungyeol. “Yah wake up. He found out.”

“Hm?” Sungyeol slowly sat up, rubbing his large doe eyes. “The cow came home?”

Myungsoo smiled and Sungyeol’s head lovingly. “Hyung found out about the puppy scam.”

“Ah.” Sungyeol nodded, nonchalantly.

“You better explain everything right now, so I can kick your .” Sunggyu threatened.

“Well I don’t want to tell you, if you’re going to kick my .” Sungyeol replied in a prudish manner.

“Lee Sungyeol—.”

“Ok fine!” Sungyeol held his hands up in surrender. “It wasn’t our idea though! It was Woohyun hyung’s!”

“…What?” Sunggyu blinked, and watched Sungyeol walk over to the kitchen. He picked up the container that Woohyun had left the other day.

“Here. He made these for you.” Sungyeol handed the elder the box.

“For me?” Sunggyu removed the lid to see about a dozen cookies of different varieties. There was chocolate chip, sugar cookies, ginger snaps, and so on. “I…I don’t understand.” Sunggyu looked to the younger men for an explanation.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “This is why we had to make up all this, because you’re so dense hyung.”

“I-I’m not dense!” Sunggyu stammered.

“He likes you.” Myungsoo sighed. “He likes you a lot hyung.”

“B-But I still don’t understand why you had to—.”

“He didn’t know how to get closer to you. So we came up with this plan.” Sungyeol explained. “But we didn’t think you’d actually believe that he turned into a puppy for real.”

Sunggyu’s jaw hung open, feeling extremely stupid. “T-That…”

“You’re so silly hyung~” Sungyeol chuckled.

“So where is he anyways?” Myungsoo asked, looking around. “Our puppy hyung?”

Sunggyu’s eyes suddenly had a glint of evil in them.

“I’ll come back to deal with you two later.” He shot the two a warning glare, before focusing his gaze on the door. “But first…I have to deal with a very naughty puppy.”

♥♥

As soon as Sunggyu returned to his place, Woohyun was waiting in the kitchen. He instantly turned as Sunggyu appeared.

“Hyung, I—.”

“You.” Sunggyu pointed a finger at him. “I know everything now. So there’s no escape.” He said the words in a threatening voice, but Woohyun still had on a rather confident smile.

“Ok~”

“This whole thing was your idea. That’s what Sungyeol told me.” Sunggyu leaned against the counter and regarded the other man suspiciously. “But…if you wanted to be friends, why didn’t you just say so? What’s with all the scheming and weird plans?”

Woohyun frowned. “Hyung I tried. But every time I tried to talk to you, you always shut me out. Honestly it seemed like you hated me or something.”

Sunggyu couldn’t say anything. Because he realized he did kind of act cold towards Woohyun. And maybe he judged him too harshly, without actually knowing him.

“Fair enough…but can you blame me?” Sunggyu sighed. “I mean what do you actually do for a living? You’re always wearing really…weird clothes.”

“Oh that.” Woohyun laughed. “Actually I’m a e.”

Sunggyu instantly started choking on air, causing Woohyun to burst out laughing.

“I’m kidding.” Woohyun grinned, walking up beside the elder. Sunggyu nervously tried to back away, but he found himself cornered against the kitchen counter.

“Why?” Woohyun tilted his head, as he leaned closer. “Does that intimidate you? An attractive man with ual prowess—?”

“Please.” Sunggyu snorted. “What ual prowess? You’re just a dog thing.”

“Hyung…” Woohyun blinked. “You know that whole thing was an act right? I never really was a dog—.”

“I know.” Sunggyu suddenly tugged onto the straps of the apron Woohyun was wearing, which was actually Myungsoo’s. Sunggyu never had an apron, because he barely cooked anyways. “But…” Sunggyu pulled Woohyun closer. A little too close. He leaned in to Woohyun’s ear. “You’re still a dog thing.”

Woohyun found himself, gulping nervously. He didn’t expect to be in such close proximity to the other man so soon.

“Uh…t-that’s…”

But then Sunggyu released him, and casually leaned back into the laminate countertop.

“I saw the cookies.” He said.

“You did?” Woohyun eyes sparkled, excitedly. “Did you like them?”

Sunggyu couldn’t help but smile, just a little. “T-They were ok.”

“Just ok?” Woohyun frowned. “Was there too much butter? Were they dry?”

“T-They were amazing ok!” Sunggyu blurted out, feeling embarrassed for admitting it. “I…I ate them all.”

“All of them?” Woohyun smiled.

“That a problem?” Sunggyu growled, defensively. “I-I’m not all fit and stuff like you.”

But Woohyun was still smiling sweetly at him, his eyes little crescents, and Sunggyu was a little too overwhelmed.

“S-Stop looking like that.” Sunggyu griped, averting his eyes.

“Like what?” Woohyun grinned, stupidly, swinging his arms in a cute fashion. “Like what hyung~” He nudged Sunggyu. “Hyung, like what—?”

“Shut up.” Sunggyu grumbled, and gripped onto Woohyun’s wrists so he wouldn’t move them anymore.

“Hyung, I like you~” Woohyun hummed.

“F-Fine whatever…” Sunggyu muttered, ignoring the pink coloring his cheeks.

“Do you like me too hyung?” Woohyun pressed on.

“Uh…I-I don’t know.” Sunggyu’s answer made the younger man pout.

“Oh…”

“W-We should go out first.” Sunggyu quickly added. “Y-You know….like on a date?”

“Ok.” Woohyun smiled, feeling a little more comfortable with that idea. “Hyung, trust me. You won’t regret it. It’ll be the best date ever. I’ll set everything up. We’ll go on a hot air balloon ride, and drink wine and eat fancy cheeses. Then I’ll rent out an entire movie theater and—.”

Sunggyu barely fought the smile on his face as he watched Woohyun ramble on about the extravagant super romantic date they were going to have.

“Ah!” Woohyun pointed at Sunggyu’s face. “Hyung, are you trying to kill me?”

“Huh?” Sunggyu blinked.

“That beautifully adorable smile of yours…do you know how deadly it is? Wah, I can happily go to heaven now—.”

“Shut up.” Sunggyu chuckled, and cupped Woohyun’s cheeks. “God, you’re so annoying.”

“Aw, don’t you mean adorable?” Woohyun pretended to appear offended and pouted cutely.

Sunggyu tilted his head and sighed as he studied Woohyun’s pouty face.

“Hm, what should I do with you?”

“Huh?”

“I’m still not over the whole, lying and pretending to be a puppy thing.”

“You’re not?” Woohyun actually looked to be genuinely surprised by this. “I’m sorry. How can I make it up to you?”

Suddenly Sunggyu’s lips curved into a smirk. “You want to know what you can do?”

“Sure.” Woohyun nodded, wearing a serious expression. “I’ll do anything.”

And there it was. The keyword. Anything.

“Oh really?” Sunggyu leaned forward, his hands still on Woohyun’s cheeks. He let his fingers wander lower, to wrap around Woohyun’s waist. He took a step closer as he leaned in, attempting to untie the straps keeping the apron securely on Woohyun.

“Uh…w-what are you doing?” Woohyun’s heart beat increased rapidly, at Sunggyu’s face but a few centimeters from his. “I-I was kidding about the e thing. I’m not really—.”

“es aren’t the only ones who can have .” Sunggyu murmured in his ear.

“W-Wait, but I thought you said we should go out first—.” Woohyun was interrupted by Sunggyu’s lips pressed softly against his own. He closed his eyes, enjoying the burning sensation of Sunggyu’s lips on his, as things got more heated. Woohyun could taste the sugary sweetness of the cookies Sunggyu had eaten on his tongue.

Soon enough Sunggyu had successfully pulled off the apron and was running his hands under the baggy t-shirt that Woohyun had borrowed from Sunggyu.

Woohyun moaned slightly when he felt Sunggyu’s thigh press against his crotch.

He desperately pressed Sunggyu to the counter, running his tongue along Sunggyu’s pale neck. He nibbled softly on his ear, earning a soft groan from the taller man.

“I-I can’t believe we’re doing this right now.” Woohyun breathed, as Sunggyu pulled the younger’s t-shirt off for him, and pushed him to the counter. Woohyun shivered slightly at the contact of his bare skin to the cold countertop. “Y-You too.” Woohyun tugged at the folds of Sunggyu’s black long sleeve tee. “Take something off too.”

“Yah,” Sunggyu’s voice was raspy in his ear. “This is your punishment for playing with me.”

“B-But—.”

“So now it’s my turn to play with you.” Sunggyu had an almost sadistic spark in his eyes. He slid his hand down Woohyun’s , to his .

Woohyun moaned rather loudly, but refused to submit, and boldly made a grab for Sunggyu’s crotch. But Sunggyu immediately intercepted, gripping onto Woohyun’s wrist.

“What did I just say?”

“I want to play with hyung too.” Woohyun his lips, wearing an excited look.

“Oh do you?” Sunggyu cocked an eyebrow. He was quite amused by Woohyun’s enthusiasm, and found it almost endearing in a way. “Ok, let’s end it here.” He sighed, giving in and Woohyun’s head.

“Why~?” Woohyun whined, tugging on Sunggyu’s arm.

“How about we continue after we’ve had our first date?” Sunggyu suggested, the tag of the collar that Woohyun was still wearing. “And you should really take this thing off, already.”

“Ah right.” Woohyun remembered the dog collar, as Sunggyu unhooked the little buckle and pulled it off. “It was kind of weird to wear that…but it was really cute how you thought I actually turned into a puppy.”

Sunggyu pouted. “H-How was I supposed to know? What man in their right mind would act like a puppy, just to get closer to someone?”

“Well, I guess I’m not in my right mind.” Woohyun chuckled.

“I-I didn’t mean that—.”

“When it comes to hyung.” Woohyun sang out. “Because you make me go insane~”

Sunggyu rolled his eyes. If dogs are anything like Nam Woohyun, then he would never ever get a dog.

But then he noticed Woohyun smiling at him. His eyes were sparkling, and he was bobbing his shoulders up and down and chuckling happily.

Yes definitely never ever, Sunggyu decided.

Because one kind of cute dog thing was enough.