Congratulations

The Bet

 

I understand that Yuri is a black belt, I didn't forget. But let's be realistic here, when she is up against a group of Strong Teenage Boys, I don't think she would win.
 
----
 
Taeyeon moved herself off of Tiffany's shoulder, staring at her in confusion, "A bet?"
 
Tiffany nodded sadly.
 
Minho grinned, obviously amused, "Tell us what the bet was about."
 
Jessica sneered, "No, I told you the real reason."
 
Minho threateningly moved his leg back, as if he were going to kick Yuri, "Tell us or she gets the kick in the ribs."
 
Jessica immediately jumped up, "Wait! Don't hurt her! I'll tell you!"
 
Yuri groaned at her throbbing stomach pains. Jessica immediately kneeled down next to Yuri, "Are you alright?" she asked worryly.
 
Yuri nodded slowly, Minho cleared his throat.
 
"Well? Answer me."
 
The boy behind him snickered. Minho stepped up again, preparing to hit Yuri, "Alright!" Jessica yelled.
 
She looked at Sooyoung and Tiffany, who nodded.
 
"Tiffany, Sooyoung, and I made a bet. A bet about who can make the girls fall in love with us first." Jessica said, turning quieter at the end.
 
Taeyeon looked at Tiffany shocked before fully moving away from the girl, grabbing Sunnys arm and moving her away from Sooyoung before kneeling down next to Yuri, helping the poor girl up. Yuri wrapped her arms around Taeyeon, keeping her steady, while Sunny wrapped her arms around Taeyeons waist, keeping her on her feet.
 
Sunny was the one who was least injured, compared to the two. She could stand on her two feet by herself, but the other two struggled.
 
"A bet about falling in love? With us?" Taeyeon said, sadly.
 
The girls nodded while the boys watched in amusement.
 
The three girls began to limp away from the school, they stopped before they turned the corner.
 
Very quietly, but loud enough for the girls to hear, Taeyeon spoke, "Congratulations, all three of you won." she said bitterly before continuing to walk.
 
The boys walked away in laughter, leaving the stunned girls.
 
"Wait.." Tiffany said softly.
 
"That means.." Sooyoung continued.
 
"They love us." Jessica finished.
 
-----
 
Jessica entered the class room, looking around for Yuri. She wasn't here, again. Jessica was starting to get worried. It's been a week since she's last been in school, what happened to her?
 
She then spotted Taeyeon sitting by herself. Remembering that Taeyeon is Yuri's best friend, she walked over.
 
Taeyeon looked up at Jessica who was standin in front of her, "What?" she asked coldly.
 
"Where's Yuri?" Jessica asked softly.
 
Taeyeon scoffed, "Wouldn't you like to know.."
 
"Taeyeon, just tell me if she's okay." Jessica said impatiently.
 
Taeyeon shook her head, thinking of her best friend, "She isn't okay."
 
Jessica got worried, "What? Why not? Is she okay? Did something happen?"
 
Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at the concerned Jessica, "Why are you so interested?"
 
"Because I care." Jessica said simply, surprising Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon sighed, "She's home, doctors order."
 
Jessica nodded, "Thanks Taeyeon."
 
"Whatever."
 
Jessica rolled her eyes before sitting in her desk again.
 
Taeyeon was currently in the lunch room with Sunny, she saw the familiar eye smile that she missed. Tiffany was chatting happily with a group of boys that had joined her table.
 
Taeyeon bit the inside of her cheek before turning away and looking at Sunny, who was staring holes into her sandwich.
 
"Sunny-ah, you alright?" Taeyeon said, noticing the girls sad eyes.
 
Sunny didn't look up as she replied, "Sooyoung used to eat my sandwiches.." she whispered, loud enough for Taeyeon to hear.
 
Taeyeon sighed before moving her chair closer to Sunny, wrapping her arm around the younger girl as she began to cry.
 
"Sunny..." Taeyeon cooed, not liking that her friend cried. 
 
In this situation, it seemed Taeyeon was the strongest. Why? Because she was hurt before, she knew how to hide her feelings even though she was dying inside. Sunny was the weakest, always thinking of Sooyoung, which ends up with her crying again.
 
Sooyoung looked across the lunch room and saw Sunny crying. It clenched her heart, was it her fault that Sunny was crying?
 
Sooyoung wants to go over there and comfort the shorter girl, but she knew it was only going to make the situation worse. If Sooyoung, Tiffany, and Jessica all went to Taeyeon, Sunny, and Yuri, they would end up getting beat up again. The girls can't live with the guilt of having Taeyeon, Sunny, and Yuri getting beat up because of them.
 
Sooyoung sighed and looked down at her plate, which was still full of food.
 
She doesn't even have an appetite anymore..