Chapter 1

The Owner of My Heart

So here is the brand new chapter 1. While the plot stayed the same we decided to change the style of narration. Some additions are made as well. Hope you will like it. Chapter 2 will follow soon. A/N.......thank you all of you for your patience, don't hesitate to tell us what you think and comment so we'll know what we should improve.... : )) Also to all the silent readers out there..don't hesitate to subscribe/comment, it shows us how much you like the story and gives us a good motivation...we need your supports as much as you crave for new updates ^.^V

P.s. Don't forget to check out other works of one of the authors LikCXL. I'm(likuna) helping her with betaing and throwing some ideas here and there. :)


 

Woo Bin’s POV

 

-“He’s gone…. Woobin-ah...”

-“What…?” – Woobin exclaimed. -  “Don’t lie!!! Tell me where is he!!!! – Woobin lunged at the guy and shook him hard, demanding answer.

-“I’m not lying. He collected his things and left without a word!!! I don’t know where he is! He’s gone Woobin-ah and you can’t stop him…”

-“No” – Woobin yelled in frustration. He couldn’t accept this! This can’t be happening! He took a step back and looked around, noticing that room was bereft of any personal belongings, HIS things were not there, He wasn’t there anymore… - “No!!!!” – Woobin shook his head in denial, an endless mantra of no, no, no running along his thoughts.

As the realization came down to him he abruptly his heels and ran as fast as his feet could take him; not waiting for the elevator he ran down the stairs, heading to the parking lot. He jerked open the door and started the car, pulling out of the building with a lightning speed.

‘So it is true after all, what people are saying, huh?!’ - Thought Woobin – ‘When you lose someone only then do you understand how much they matter in your life.’  Just how blind was he?! HE is the one he needs the most. Simply being with him makes him feel alive, wanting to spend all remaining years with him and grow old together. Yet, he ruined it all, made so many mistakes, hurt him so much;

-“Jong…..” – he sighed out heavily.

Woobin tightened his hold on the wheel, angry at himself and his foolishness. He felt as if light was slowly leaving his world, leaving him alone in darkness. He needed that light, his sunshine. 

He pressed harder on a gas pedal, making car to drive faster. He should be faster, stop him from leaving…..leaving him.  ‘NO, I’M NOT GOING TO LOSE HIM!!!  NOT NOW!!!!’- He screamed in his head -‘I don’t want to lose him ...’

Woobin drove the car as fast as he could manage, not caring about the signs and red lights. Breaking every driving rule possible he miraculously avoided getting into the accidents and it was certain soon he’ll be pulled over by police and deprived of his driving license, yet even that wouldn’t stop him!!! If it is necessary he’ll run there.

As expected, luck wasn’t on his side. Red lights, IN’ red lights and cars piled up in front of him. It’s not even rush hour yet so why are there so many cars? Universe must hate him right now! ‘Is it trying to punish me or is it trying to stop me? Is this a sign that I should let him go?’

‘No! I will never stop! I will never give up on him! NO!’

The lights finally changed and once again Woobin started to drive like a crazy, cutting over the vehicles in front of him. Some drivers would stick out their heads from the window and yell and curse at him, calling him a crazy bastard while honking endlessly. Normally, Woobin would have laughed at the situation but he hadn’t noticed anything aside the road in front of him and only a desperate sigh would leave his lips.

He just wants to see him, hug him, tell him…

‘So, wait for me, my love.’

 

 

4 years before…

 

- “Yah, Jonghyun-ah hurry up or we’ll be late for school!!” -  Woobin called.  ‘Aish this kid! Why is he so slow in the mornings? I want to sleep too, but school is school.’

Jonghyun has been Woobin’s best friend since childhood. Their families are pretty close and even their houses are next to each other, so, naturally, they grew together. Woobin was 3 years old and Jonghyun was 2, when they first met. He remembers being very annoyed by Jonghyun, running and jumping all the time, being always happy with all the rainbows and unicorns around him.

He was like a ball of happiness, little sunshine making everyone around him smile. Well, yeah, basically every kid is like that, why wouldn’t they be? But Jonghyun just went overboard. He was always happy, always smiling…’like an idiot really!!!

As for Woobin, he was a good kid, did everything that children should normally do; a little spoiled though. But Jonghyun WAS really bothersome! Clinging onto Woobin, following him everywhere, doing everything he did, staying over at his house every weekend... ‘Doesn’t he have other friends to go and play with???’ was a constant thought on little Woobin’s mind, but all he could do is just grump and bear it all. He couldn’t go against his mother and grandma, could he?

They were like this for almost two years. Woobin never showed any interest in Jonghyun, never cared about his presence; still, he was following Woobin like a shadow. Yet, he must admit with his parents always busy with work and grandparents constantly going to parties deep down his heart he was happy that there was someone always next to him.

Everything changed one day. They were dragged by Woobin’s grandma at some party. She said they should ‘socialize’ with other kids too. As always Woobin was playing by himself in his own world and not paying any attention to Jonghyun.  Suddenly he heard someone’s cry. Woobin looked up and saw that some bullies were standing in front of the crying girl. Oh well, it wasn’t his problem and the cry was loud and pitchy, hurting his ears so he decided to get far away from the noise when he heard familiar voice - it was Jonghyun’s. That idiot was standing between the bullies and the girl.

One of the bullies, who resembled a pig to Woobin, pushed Jonghyun hard enough to make him fall. The bullies started to laugh and Woobin started to head to them, but Jonghyun quickly stood up and faced them again, so he stopped few feet away, silently observing the situation. Jonghyun had scrapes on his elbows and knees and Woobin knew he was in pain and fighting his tears. Jonghyun was always tender and cried whenever he fell, but now he stood firm on the ground, not showing the bullies his weakness.

-“What is it crybaby, aren’t you going to cry?” - said one of the bullies.

The boy moved his hand ready to hit. ‘Oh, no I won’t let him!!’ thought Woobin and ran in front of Jonghyun to hit the bully who fell down eventually.

-“Don’t you dare to touch him!!!” – shouted Woobin. Even as a child he was pretty scary when he was angry so when the kid looked up at Woobin he got scared and started to wail. All of this commotion finally drew an attention of elders and in the end Woobin’s grandma had to apologize to bully’s mother. Woobin got angry that his granny got to say sorry for nothing and wanted to intervene, but she covered his mouth with one hand and with the other squeezed his shoulder in warning.

Meanwhile Jonghyun was at the crying girls side and patting her to calm down.

-“Are you okay?” – he asked a little girl.

-“Yes, thank you” – she said.

-“You are not hurt, are you??” – Jonghyun frowned in concern.

-“No, I’m alright.” – answered the little girl and wiped tear stained cheek with her arm.

Woobin scoffed. That fool thought that he was strong enough to stand up to those bullies. And now, even though he was hurt, he was more worried about others.  

When they went home, inside the car Granny said that she was not angry.

-“I’m not angry at you, honey. I saw everything.“ – Then she leaned towards Jonghyun and pinched his cheek – “You’re really brave Jonghyun-ah!  You protected that little girl! And you too Woobin-ah, you did well when you stood up for your dongsaeng!”- She smiled at them and patted their heads.

* * *

It was already evening when they arrived home. As always, Jonghyun was staying over. They washed, changed into pj’s and were ready to sleep. Woobin was already closing my eyes, when he heard a faint sniff.

-“Jonggie-ah?”- He asked, suddenly concerned about the well being of little boy. It was also the first time when Woobin called him so affectionately. Usually he would always address to him with ‘Yah’ or ‘Jonghyun’ if their parents were into view.

He turned and looked at his side. There was a little lump hiding under the comforter. Woobin pulled the comforter and there was Jonghyun curled up into a ball, hugging his knees. His teeth were biting into bottom lip and droplets of tears were gathered at the corners of his eyes.

- “Jonggie-ah, are you ok?? Does it hurt somewhere??” - Woobin moved closely and put his hand on Jonghyun’s arm.

-“No, I am alright. I’m just a little bit scared that’s all.” – mumbled Jonghyun and sniffed.

-“You know, you were like a superhero, protecting that girl.” - Woobin decided to distract the younger boy. – “I bet she will be your fan from now on…”

-“Really?” – Jonghyun looked up and smiled at him.

-“Yeah” – said Woobin. For a while there was silence and Woobin was almost lulled to sleep when Jonghyun started to talk.

-“Thank you, Binnie-ah, I’m not scared anymore.”

-“That’s good then, superhero’s are not scared of anyone!” – He murmured sleepily.

-“….. Um, you know…”

-“Yeah??”

-“You too”

-“Huh??”

-“You too are a hero then.”

-” Why?? I did nothing”

-“You did! You protected me, so yeah; you are my hero.... my superhero!!!” - answered Jonghyun throwing his small hands in the air.

-“Oh…” – Woobin just looked at him, his cheeks warming up, not able to say anything. Inside he was just feeling something fuzzy, something new to him.

-“So, thank you hyung, for being there and protecting me. Good night.” – Jonghyun smiled at me before he closed his eyes.

‘Hyung? He called me hyung… what is this feeling?...it’s like, like….. Am I that old??’

Woobin stared at Jonghyun, who was already sleeping peacefully and breathing evenly. This boy was so small and fragile. He never shows his real pain to others; instead, no matter what, he always smiles. He became very angry at himself. How could not I let him be beside me?? How could I not watch after him???

And so, that was the night, when Woobin promised himself that he will always protect Jonghyun, always be there for him and never let him cry. 

This boy must be a sun, he must HIS SUN.

* * *

After that fateful day their relationship changed drastically, they were always together as if glued to each other. Woobin sighed at my memories and looked at his watch, “WHERE IS HE??”

-“YAAAH…. Jonghyun-ah!!” – He shouted.

-“Yeah, yeah, I’m coming” – came an answer as Jonghyun went down the stairs and yawned. –“Ok, let’s go” – Jonghyun walked past Woobin “accidentally” hitting him on the shoulder and ran to the car.

Woobin smiled and shook his head following Jonghyun. ‘So childish!’

 

They drove to the school with Woobin’s brand new car. It was tiring enough to go to school every day and since he got his driving license and Jonghyun was bossing him like a driver around the town. All he wanted is to finish the school soon and do one thing that makes him really happy - Photography.

At first it was only a hobby, but after a while he got really hooked up to it and now his goal is to become a professional photographer. It was his granny who presented him with his first photo camera at his 9th birthday and since then he started to take photos of everything and everyone. He felt very excited when he took pictures. ‘You can capture almost everything with pressing only one button and it is so wonderful.’

 

Woobin was distracted from his thoughts when a car passed really close to them and when he concentrated on the road he noticed that they almost missed their school.

-” Yah, why haven’t you warned me that we almost passed the school??? “– He glanced at his right and saw that Jonghyun was sleeping with his mouth open. ‘Aish, this kid, really…’  For sure he was playing all night again.

Woobin pulled the car into school’s parking lot. He removed the seatbelt and then hit Jonghyun on the shoulder to wake him up.

-“Oh, we’re here” – Jonghyun yawned and started to rub his eyes. Woobin smiled at the sight. ‘He can be so cute, if he wasn’t so annoying all the time.’

-“Yeah, we are. Now get out or we’ll be late” - said Woobin and they got out of the car, a crowd of girls instantly circling around them.

‘Oh crap, there it starts again *sigh*.’

 

Random girl: -“Hello oppa!!!”  

Random girl #2: -“Good morning oppa!!”  

Another random girl: -“Oh, look, they are so handsome!!!”  

And another random girl: -“I wish Woobin-oppa was my boyfriend!!”  

Random girl #2 or was is #3? ‘Aish, never mind’: -“Yaah, you already have one!” 

- “I know, but they are so handsome!!” – she answered pouting.

 

‘Haaaaa’ – Woobin exclaimed mentally - ‘These girls have nothing to worry about…’

-“I am going hyung, see you on a break” – Jonghyun waved at him and ran to his class.

Woobin looked after Jonghyun and when he disappeared from his sight, he turned to walk to his class.  Suddenly one of the girls bumped into him.

-“Sorry” – she said and bowed.

Woobin smiled a little at her and continued his way.


END OF CHAPTER 1

WORD COUNT 2 249

Double L Production (c)