Protecting Her

Protecting Her

 

 

“I miss her too, you know,” Audrey patted Jongup’s back. They were sitting on a huge rock by the river side in theire hometown. She let her tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

It had been more than a year since Naddy died. They made themselves to allow her into the other world but at times they can’t stop missing her, especially Jongup. Audrey and Jongup had been friends since they were young because they’re grandparents were related by blood.

“I..I miss her so much,” Jongup stuttered. He was sobbing. Audrey nodded. She understands well how he felt to lose someone very special to him. She misses her bestie so much too but she stayed strong.

“You have to stay strong. Look after Jongup for me, will you?” Naddy breathed hard while she was in the ICU. It was her last wish to Audrey before she went to the afterlife.

 

*****

 

 

“I’m hungry, lets grab some cheesecake,” Daehyun blinked his eyes cutely towards Audrey hoping she would agree to accompany him after school was over one Wednesday . He loves to eat.

“Aishh oppa, can you not eat cheesecake for even one day?” she shooked her head, laughing at how adoreable her boyfriend is.

As they went into the café, the waitress greeted them and showed them their seats.

“The usual sir?” said the waitress in a squeaky voice, almost flirting.

Daehyun nooded. Audrey gave her a look as the waitress tried to flirt with him. She wasn’t being jealous but well okay, she is, a little bit.

 

 

“I heard L is coming to town?” Daehyun asked as he fed Audrey some of the cheesecake.

“Mmm, yeah,” she munched. “The cheesecake is gooood,” she asked Daehyun for another bite.

Daehyun fed her another bite lovingly, and he felt like she was changing the topic. He raised his brow to her. “So..is he?”

“I don’t know…”

“Babe, come on…”

“Geez, okay! Yes he’s coming,” she took a sip if her iced Americano.

“And he’s here to meet you?” he questioned her.

Audrey rolled her eyes. Daehyun stared at her face without blinking resulting her to blush a little bit.

‘Daedae, he’ll be in town for only a couple of days.” She called his nickname and played with his fingers playfully on the table. She preferred to call him Daedae instead of calling him oppa and Daehyun likes it too. It sounded sweeter and different.

“But he’s gonna take all of your time with me,” he pleaded. “You know he has a crush on you right? Plus, I don’t like him.”

Audrey chuckled at how cute her boyfriend was, getting all jealous. She looked into his puffy eyes softly as if she was stating “Its alright.” And she heard him sigh.

 

*****

 

It was Friday. After they had their morning assembly the BAP went into their locker room to get change for basketball.

While the rest was changing Jongup stared at the picture of his late girlfriend, sticked to his locker door. He smiled and he heard Yongguk said, “She’s looking out for you.”

“Aish I hate it when L  comes to town,” Daehyun slammed his locker door.

“He’s coming? When?” HimChan asked as he entered the locker room fashionably late. He was surprised, so does the other BAP members. Jongup catched a last glimpse of Naddy’s photo before closing his locker door and joined Daehyun’s conversation.

“Today…”

 

*****

 

“Let’s go to the movies tonight?” Daehyun asked Audrey as they walked hand in hand out of the school that day.

She giglgled. She was about to answer his question when a loud honk was heard and a red sport car stopped in front of them. A guy wearing black, studded leather jacket came out. His hair was spiky. The school girls’ jaws dropped as he made his way to where Audrey and Daehyun was standing. He was handsome.

 

“Hey, “ he kissed Audrey’s cheek. Daehyun hold his fists tight trying not to punch him in the face.

“Err, hi L. You remember my boyfriend right?” she linked her arms to Daehyun’s. Daehyun smirked.

L was disturbed by their linkes arms but he was trying to not let his face show that. He slightly nodded. “Daehyun,” he said with his teeth gritting hard. The tensed made him clenched his fist tight.

All of a sudden Daehyun and Audrey’s linked arm was separated by L’s actions. He grabbed Audrey’s wrist and pushed her into his car while Daehyun stood still, taken aback by the action. He sweared under his breath.

“Jalga,” he shouted to Daehyun before closing his side of door and speed off.

 

That night Daehyun tried to contact Audrey but he ended up in her voicemail. She shut her phone off. Himchan went to the movie with his new girlfriend and somehow he catched a glimpse of Audrey and L at the cinema and quickly dailed for Daehyun.

He helped Daehyun to keep his eyes on them throughout the movie time and he purposely choose a seat that was a few rows back from theirs so that they wont notice him.

 

*****

 

 

 

 

Monday started and Daehyun went to the school exceptionaly early that day. He hasn’t been seeing Audrey for the past few days as L was in town, obviously monopolying Audrey’s time to spend with him. But Audrey didn’t show up at school that day. She wasn’t neither in her classes or at the cafeteria during lunch. Daehyun started to get worry. She wasn’t picking up her calls or texts either.

 

That evening, Daehyun went to Audrey’s apartment to check on her since he knew that L boarded his flight Sunday night. He was relieved that he wasn’t in the town anymore.

 

 

Audrey’s POV :

 

I heard a door knock and lazily woke up from my bed. My neck was still hurting.

I checked the eye piece to see who was outside. It was Daehyun. I was shocked and I didn’t knew what to do. I went back into my room and checked my features in the mirror. My eyes was extremely red and puffy. My lips were swollen and the was a bruise on my right jaw. My face was a disaster! “No, he can’t see me like this,” I cried to myself, the pain stings in my head.

Cluckk…

“Babe?” Daehyun said as he walked in my apartment, he went straight to my room as I wasn’t answering.

‘Damn, I forgot he got a spare key to my apartment.’ I cursed myself silently.

“I’m sorry, okay? “ Daehyun surprised me with his voice. He was standing in front of my door frame and walked further into my room.

I tried to hid my face from his view but he gripped my shoulder and forced me to face him. Tears were flowing in both of our eyes as he scanned my face, without even blinking. His face was scary at first, it was like he would literally strangle anyone who did that to me right that instant but it slowly softened as he wiped off the tears on my check, gently.

 

“Its getting worse, we should be going to the hospital,”  he said, getting straight to the point as we sat down on my bed.

I looked him in the eyes not answering his question, “Kwenchana…”

“Lie!” he almost yelled. But he pleaded me to tell him the truth. He embraced me in his hug and I leaned against his broad chest. He gently my hair.

“Babe, do you love me?” Daehyun whispered in my ear causing my heart to skip a little.

I nodded while I was still in his embrace. “Then let me bring you to the doctor,” he stated softly. I felt his warm tears flowing down his cheeks when I was still in his warm embrace.

 

*Flashback*

That Saturday morning, I was suppose to have my breakfast with Daehyun, as usual. But L was in town. He made me to go to breakfast with him and I couldn’t have just say no. After all, he’s still a guest and I need to treat him politely. I didn’t inform Daehyun about it as I knew he would’ve gone mad about the fact that im spending my time with L.

 

On the evening, we went to the park to get some ice cream when he suddenly shot me  a question. “So Audrey, have you gotten your license?” I shooked my head left and right while enjoying my ice cream. The conversation went silent for a few moment. “I still like you and would you leave Daehyun for me?” L took my hand and gently placed a kiss on it.

I stood up and jerked my hands of his lips. “NO! What are you doing L ???!”

“Okay okay I know I wont get a chance,” he gestured me to sit back next to him and I did. We finished our ice creams without talking. Without my notice, he had flamed in his eyes, he hated it when I choose Daehyun over him.  His jaw was tensed and he held his fists low.

 

“Im letting you to drive. I’ll be your instructor as for today,” he beamed as we were walking towards his sport car.

I rejected the offer but he kept on insisting that I would do great. So I slid down the driver’s seat and started the engine.

“Okay, first you switch the gear,” he placed his hand above mine, trying to reach the gear. I felt something weird.

“Then you let go of the handbreak,” he moved his hand along mine, placing it on top of my hands. I shook of his hand, “it’s okay, I got it.”

“Oh wait, you forgot your seatbelt,” he leaned towards me to pull the seatbelt. His face was inch a part from my face and he stared at me. Suddenly I felt his lips on my lips and I quickly shoved him.

“What on earth are you trying to do L?!” I yelled.

He leaned in for another kiss but  I slapped him in the face with all my might.

A fist landed on my right jaw and I was numb. I can feel blood gushing out of my lips and from my gums.

 

“WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE DAEHYUN?” he yelled while clasping my hair in a bunch. I tried to make him let go of it but another fist landed on my cheek. Right above my jaw that was numb.

I slapped him on his face again, and he stared at my face furiously. He was going to hit me again but this time I dodged it. I went out of the car and so did L. He grabbed my hand and shoved me to his car. My back was slammed on his door. It hurt as hell.

He cupped my face in his hard palms roughly. I agonized in pain because he was pressing my jaw while cupping my face, the jaw that was punched.

“GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF OF MY GIRLFRIEND! “ And with that L fell directly onto the road. Face facing down. He was punched hard. I looked up and saw Daehyun.

“Dae….” I cried as he hugged me tightly.

L got up and was about to beat Daehyun back but Daehyun let out his hand and L’s punch was stopped in Daehyun’s palm. Daehyun grabbed and slamed L’s fist away.

“GET THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE. ONE MORE TOUCH ON MY GIRLFRIEND AND YOU’RE DEAD! I SWEAR I’LL KILL YOU WITH MY OWN BARE HANDS!” He threatened him and took my hand to walk away.

“I told you I hate that guy,” he walked me back to my apartment. “Are you that blind to realised that he’s not good?”

I remained silent and looked down.

“Babe….” He stopped walking.

“Yes i know. Dae, just go home.” And by that I ran into my apartment, sobbing, leaving Daehyun behind. He chased me to my apartment but I slammed the door shut and doesn’t respond to any of his calls. I just need time away from him though I felt bad doing that.

 

*End Of Flashback*

 

 

“Auuchh,” I groaned as Daehyun dabbed a cotton soaked with iodine onto my wounds.

“Sorry babe. I know it hurts. Hold my hand and squeeze it as hard as you can if it hurts,” he continued on dabbing my face. It was so painful that I actually gripped his hand. “AUUCCHH !!” this time it was him who screamed.

“Mianhaeyo Daedae,” I was sorry but I cant help myself not to laugh at his expression. He was so cute.

“Yaaaa! It hurts,” he showed his hand to me. I simply blew it though.

He smiled. “It doesn’t hurt anymore,” he took the cotton and once again soak it in the yellowish liquid to apply onto my wound. “Come closer,” he began dabbing it on my lips. I stared at his face, curving out a smile and he noticed it. He smiled and let a small peck on my other unwounded cheek and we ended up chasing each other around my apartment, playing around.

 

 

“Now, look who has to stay strong?” Daehyun joked around.

“Still, its Jongup,” I simply answered causing him to tickle both of my sides.

“Yaaaah! Its you, I don’t want you to get hurt by anyone anymore,” Daehyun said, tickling me even more.

“O..Okaaayy hahahahahahaa,” I cant stop laughing as it was so ticklish. He stopped and hold his stomach and gave me a look. I let out a sigh jokingly and laughed.

“God Daedae, you’re always hungry…”