My Heart

My Heart

 

           

She resembled me in a way. Same smooth and milky skin, the same sparkling eyes, same bright smile. She was even sitting down trying to figure out the rubix cube she was fumbling around with in her small hands.

She looked so; fragile. Like I wanted to protect her with all I had. I wanted to be closer to her, so I sat down right next to her. I noticed the rubix cube was in the shape of a heart. “Nice uhm.. rubix cube you have there,” I said to her.

She looked up and stopped messing with it. “Thanks,” she replied and smiled. It was more of a pixel looking heart rather than a curvy one most people draw. I liked it. I didn’t want this conversation, if you can call it that to end. “You know, I’m a master at rubix cubes,” I tried to make myself sound better.

“Oh really? Can you try to solve this for me? I’ve been trying for weeks and I can never seem to get it,” she pleaded. “Oh, sure. I’m sure I can do it.” I assured her. “I wouldn’t be too sure about that.” She told me. I fumbled around with it and finished it about 20 minutes.

was gaped and she was in awe. “H-h-how did you do that?!” She was shocked. “I don’t know.. I just did,” I explained. “You’re amazing! I couldn’t even do that and I have a huge box filled with rubix cubes I’ve done throughout my life.” Her eyes were still wide open.

I chuckled and set it gently into her soft hands. She smelled like lavender. She smelled really nice. “Hey.. Uhmm do you want to go by the Gangnam bridge? I hear it’s really pretty,” I ask her wanting to get to know her better. “Sure. Let’s go,” she grabbed my hand, smiled and dragged me with her.

“What’s your name?” I asked her finally realizing I hadn’t gotten her name the whole time. “Sarang,” she calmly replied. “And yours?” She continued. “I’m Luhan.” I smiled. “Can I see the rubix cube again?” I asked her. “Sure. But be careful with it okay.” She looked uneasy handing it to me.

“Don’t worry,” I told her taking it slowly from her hands. I was leaning my elbows on the rail of the bridge and was messing with the heart shaped rubix cube. We were both talking until a car rushed by, scaring me and causing me to drop it in the water.

“No,” Sarang whispered her eyes filling with tears. “I’m so sorry! Let me buy you a new one.” I told her apologetically. “You can’t.. it’s…my heart.” She exclaimed mumbling the last two words. “I’m sorry.. you must really love it if it’s your heart. I’ll get you a new one. Promise.” I told her holding out my pinky.

“It’s no use.” She shrugged and walked away still flabbergasted. “Weird.. I said I’d buy a new one..” I mumbled to myself.

It’s pretty weird that right after the rubix cube fell into the water, it’s glimmer and shine faded and I had no feelings for Sarang and it’s as if she was emotionless.

It’s been weeks since I’ve seen Sarang. I thought I’d see her at least once. But the feelings for her are gone so I don’t mind that much. I still need to buy her a new rubix cube.

“Luhan sweety! Come downstairs! I need to show you something on the news. It’s really sad!” I heard my mom shouting from downstairs.

I was watching and I could see a girl that resembled Sarang. But her name was Ga Yun. And on the bottom it says “Sarang’s twin sister.” “What?!” I mumbled confused.

The news reporter began to speak, “A young girl named Lee Sarang, was rushing North of Gangnam bridge when she collapsed. She was immediately taken to the hospital and when doctors inspected her, it seemed that she had no heart. Doctors are now trying to research to figure out exactly how this is possible. Before she died, she kept on repeating the words “Heart,” “water,” and “bridge.”

My hand covered my mouth and it was as if my eyes were going to pop from their sockets. “Detectives searched for clues in the water right below the gangnam bridge but all they could find is a faded, heart shaped rubix cube.” The reporter continued. The heart.. so when she said “it’s my heart,” was she being literal.. did I just…kill somebody? Commit murder? The words “My heart” repeated throughout my mind on replay.. My heart.