001

It Started With a Scavenger Hunt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Nara wiped the sweat off her forehead. This scavenger hunt was making her nervous to the hilt. She parked a block or two down from Jong In's house and waited there for almost half an hour. She was having an argument with her own self whether she really have to do this or not. It's seven twenty in the evening already and she was running out of time. Nibbling her lip, she glanced at his house. No one was home because it was dark. She didn't know where was his parents but she knew Kai was having a basketball pratice.

 

She knew Jong In's house, of course. That was when she, and her bestfriend Mihyun, gate-crashed (not in a bad way) Kai's birthday party. It was not only them who gate-crashed the party after all. There was Kang Soojung, her number one rival with Kai, and those other girls who tried to catch his attention. She had almost got the chance to talk to him when Soojung beat her to it. Kai and Soojung ended up being friends, but she didn't think Kai wanted to be more than friends.

 

Her phone beeped and she was back to earth. It was Mihyun. “Are you done?” She asked.

 

Nara sighed. “I-I can't do it. This is illegal, for heaven's sake!”

 

“I know but you've got yourself into this kind of thing so you have to do it.” Mihyun said over the phone. “And besides, one of the goodies that the winner will get is Kai's varsity jacket.”

 

“What?" She squeaked. "No way!”

 

“Yes, and I'm not kidding. So, you've got to do this or that varsity jacket of his will go to someone else's hands.” Mihyun muttered before she hung up. She was no way gonna let Kai's varsity jacket slipped from her hands.

 

She got out of the car and walked quickly over to the house and slipped open the gate to the backyard. She wandered through the backyard trying to look casual in case any of their neighbors were looking out from their houses. She remembered there was a window in the kitchen and she hoped it was unlocked. She yanked it open and it slid open ridiculously easy. Wow! The heaven must be on her side tonight.

 

One quick jump and a pull, her front half slipped through the window and moments later she was in. She crawled over the sink, careful not to knock any glass or any breakable things over it. As she slipped through the house with her phone's light served as her flashlight, she guessed which of the three doors was Kai's bedroom. Kai was the only son, and therefore, the other two doors were his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter