Teaser

A Fool In Spring

A Fool In Spring

 

"Myungsoo, are you hiding something?"

 

Soo Jung doesn't exactly know when she began to doubt Myungsoo. And as she sits across Myungsoo in a café, watching him fidget as she stares at him, she feels off. He smiles nervously as he tries to tackle her questions. She rubs her eye several times, as if to see if this is all real. She realizes that Myungsoo is a nervous wreck now, but she just wedges her eyebrows together, observing him even more closely. He pats his hair, forcing his lips to remain in a smile. There is a pause, silence hanging in the air, the tension growing. She has a hand on her cheek, whilst he is panicking on the inside.

 

"Myungsoo. What's wrong?"

 

And she looks so lost and unsure that Myungsoo is visibly affected by it.

 

"Don't look at me like that. There's nothing wrong, okay?" He says, rather uptight.

 

He avoids eye contact and stares out the glass window instead, frustration boiling inside him. Shakened by his outburst, she fixes her gaze on the table. She hears a sigh escape from his lips. Her uneasiness quickly turns to exasperation as she notices Myungsoo looking at everywhere but her. She drums her fingers on the table lightly and crosses her legs multiple times, trying to get his attention, for just a little while. Her nose is starting to flare. But Myungsoo's stubborn and he desperately tries to change the topic in order to avoid the built-up of tension.

 

"What do you want to drink? Coffee-"

 

"I hate coffee," She snaps, "I'm leaving, Myungsoo."

 

She stands up to leave, only to have him pull her back down, forcing her to sit again. She folds her arms but doesn't say a word — she knows that there are other people in the café and she doesn't particularly like attention.

 

"I'm buying coffee and some iced chocolate for you, since you hate coffee and you need to cool down. And you," He points his index finger at her, "Stay here."

 

He stands up, the chair rubbing noisily against the tiled floor of the café. With him finally gone, she inhales the faint scent of coffee and scrunches up her nose — she will never like coffee. She pulls out a book from her bag — The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks, because she's a total er for romance novels — , flips it to the page where she last left off and starts her reading.

 

She hears the chair being pulled again and only then does she realize that she has been reading the same line over and over again. Myungsoo slides the drink towards her and takes a sip of his own. She closes the book and places it back in her bag. Myungsoo's eyebrows raise at this particular action. She lets out a sigh and he is still as confused as ever. She pushes her drink towards her left and he mirrors her action, pushing his coffee away. Leaning forward, she cups his face with both her hands.

 

"Hey, let's not argue any more, okay? It took us a lot to get here. You know that, don't you? I don't want to go through all that again. You know that too, don't you?"

 

"Yeah, I know that," He pauses, putting his own hands on hers, and continues, "I don't want to fight too. Let's not fight, please."

 

Her lips curve into a smile as she pecks his lips.

 

"Come. I want to take you to somewhere only I know of."

 

She can only grin at his words.

 

 

saranghae

It's been in a while! I just got the posters so I'm gonna tease you for now! Hahah! Updating the entire thing tomorrow! Have fun!

credits - contradictori