Chapter 1

The Kim's Siblings

It is a great Monday morning at the Kim's residence. The sounds of teenagers running up and down the stairs make Mr Kim smiles while reading the morning newspaper.
"Eomma, where is my tie?"
"Eomma, where is my coat?"
"Eomma, where is my socks?"
The voices come from every corner of the house. Mr Kim's only daughter comes down the stairs with her complete uniform and school bag.
"Morning appa!" Minyoung pecks her father's cheek and hug him.
"Minyoung ah- oppaneun pen odisso?" Minseok peeks his head from the stairs and both Mr Kim and Minyoung looks at him.
"It is in your pencil box oppa." Minyoung points towards his bag that he is holding.
"Gomawo!" Minseok runs down the stairs and shouts for his 2 brothers who are still searching for their things.
"Wahh! How can you eat without your brothers?" Minseok pouts as he sees his sister already fills her bowl and start spooning it.
"Jalmeokessibnida! Aum!" Minyoung teases her brother by scooping the rice into .
"Aisss!" Minseok pinches his sister's cheek and ignore her screams.
"Eomma,we'll be going first!" Junmyeon and Jongin sits at the front door and put on their shoes.
"Oppa kanda?" Minyoung goes to her brothers with a sad expression.
"We'll meet again on weekends." Junmyeon pats his sister's head and smile.
"Pfft. But you always stick with Jongin!" Minyoung pouts and glare at her little brother.
"Merong." Jongin sticks out his tongue and smile.
"Huh!" Minyoung turns away and walk.
"Minyoung ah- don't you want to hug your brother?" Junmyeon open his two arms and waiting for Minyoung to turn back.
"Sirheo, oppaneun jongin issoyo. Nan anpilyeohae." Minyoung sticks out her tongue and walk to the dining hall.
"Aigoo naeui yeppeun dongsaengeui hwanasso." Junmyeon runs to his sister and hug her.
"Ah- bikhyooo!" Minyoung pushes Junmyeon once he kisses her cheek.
"Nadoo. Nuna, mianhaeyongg!" Jongin hugs his only sister and pecks her cheek.
“Nunaneun, saranghaessji?” Minyoung looks at Jongin while pouting.
“Gereomyeon!” Jongin nods without any hesitation.
“Geraesong~, Junmyeon oppa nealkoya.” Minyoung winks and pat Jongin’s cheek.
“Oppa, oneul kajimayo.” Minyoung glares at her brother jokingly.
“Can’t you stay for breakfast Junmyeon? Jongin?” Mrs Kim scoops rice for Mr Kim and look at her two sons.
“Geurae. Oppa, let’s have breakfast together. Pleaseeee!” Minyoung pouts at Junmyeon and wait for his respond.
“Arasso.” Junmyeon nods and mess his sister’s hair.
The residence is filling with laughter as the whole family sits down for breakfast. Junmyeon spends time to chat with his sister as he did not spend much time for her this weekend. Mr Kim and Mrs Kim look at each other smiling seeing their sons and daughter having a good morning today.

------

Junmyeon and Jongin decide to go together with Minseok and Minyoung today. Jongin holds Minyoung’s hand like a couple and walk together. Even though they fight well most of the time, their brother-sister bond cannot be broken by anyone. Minseok and Junmyeon walk together while talking and giggling. They walk down to the subway then suddenly Minyoung pulls Jongin’s hand and stop.
“Waeyo nuna?” Jongin looks at Minyoung who is just standing.
Minyoung lets go of Jongin’s hand and walk to an old man who is sitting on the floor with a red cup on his hand. She looks at the old man and slides her hand into her blazer’s pocket. She counts out the money she has and gives it all away. Her brothers just look at her without any words but smile. Minyoung quickly runs to her brothers as the train comes. Minseok pats his sister’s head once she rushes to him.
--Flashback--
“Oppa, why are those people sleeping here?” The 4 years old Minyoung pulls Minseok’s shirt and look up on him.
“Eomma, why?” Minseok looks up to his mother searching for answer to tell his sister.
“That’s because they do not have place to sleep. All of you should be thankful that you have a home.” Mrs Kim crouches down facing her sons and daughter.
“Give this to them. And don’t forget to be thankful.”Mrs Kim Hands in a few thousands won to her children and points to the homeless people.
Minyoung and Jongin walks together hand in hand while the 8 years old Minseok and the 7 years old Junmyeon walk beside their mum as they go towards the homeless people.
“Ajussi, this is for you.” Minyoung takes the man’s hand and put the money that her mother gave her. The 3 years old Jongin who barely knows anything, does the same thing.
“Thank you little angels.” The man pats Minyoung and Jongin’s head.
The two siblings bow and walk hand in hand with a smile. Other people who are waiting for the train look at them full with admiration. Some takes picture of them and some even gives candies to them. Their elder brothers just look at them slowly walking to their mother.
“Oppa,here!” Minyoung hands in all the candies to Junmyeon and Minseok. Jongin just follow what his sister did and they both smile.
In the train, Minseok counts the candies and divide it equally to his 2 brothers and sister.
--End--
“Oppa, let’s go down.” Minyoung snaps her finger and wakes Minseok from his flashback.
“Junmyeon, Jongin take care and study hard!” Minseok hugs his brothers and wave to them once he walks out from the train.
Minseok holds his sister’s hand and walk together to school.
“Minyoung, Minseok hyung! Annyeonghaseyo.” Kyungsoo appears at the school gate with a smile.
“Yeolsimhi gongbuhae.” Minseok pats her sister’s head and wave to her as her walks into her school with Kyungsoo.Then, Minseok continues to walk few metres in front to his school gate. His two Chinese best friends Luhan and Wufan welcome him once he enters the school compound.
“Yah. When will you introduce me to your sister?” Luhan wraps his hand on Minseok’s shoulder while Wufan walks beside him coolly.
“And why should I introduce you to my sister, Mr Casanova Xi Luhan?” Minseok teases him with Kris giggling in agree.
“I am not Casanova. The girls seem to like me so much.”
“Yeah, right.” Both Minseok and Wufan sarcastically agree with Luhan.
The three musketeers walk at the hallway with the girls screaming and fainting looking at these guys. Minseok and Wufan do not understand why are those girls behaving like they are some sort of Flower Boys’ in the school. Luhan coolly wink and smile at the girls and make the girls’ heart beating faster. Wufan and Minseok just shake their head and awkwardly smiling at their friend. As they keep on walking to the class which is the last room at that level, Minseok and Wufan can’t stand the ‘dying’ girls at the corridor. So they quickly snatch Luhan’s on both side each and run to their class. Luhan keeps on struggling but Wufan tightens his grip to make sure he is on the move. Once they reach the class, Wufan and Minseok let go of Luhan with a heavy breathe.

As the class end, Luhan and Wufan decide to hang around at Minseok’s house. So the three musketeers wait for Minseok’s sister at her school.
“When will your sister come out?” Luhan pulls down his tie and takes it off.
“She will come out in awhile.” Minseok jumps a bit to see if there are any students on their way out.
Just few minutes after that, Minseok sees Minyoung walking with Kyungsoo to the front gate. Minseok waves his hands to make sure that his sister sees it.
“Op- Oh annyeonghaseyo.” Minyoung runs to her brother and bow immediately once she sees Luhan and Wufan behind him.
“Annyeong.” The two boys smile widely seeing Minseok’s sister.
“Kyungsoo are you coming to our house today?” Minseok asks as they all walk to the subway.
“Eung. Minyoung has promise to teach me English for today.” Kyungsoo nods with a bright smile.
‘Your sister is seriously pretty.’ Luhan whispers to Minseok as they walk together.
‘Don’t ever t-‘
“So Minyoung, do you have a boyfriend?” Luhan leaves Minseok with his unfinished sentence.
“Huh? No.” Minyoung looks at Luhan with a confuse expression.
“How can a beautiful girl like you do not have a boyfriend.” Luhan shakes his head.
“Don’t teach my sister your weird knowledge.” Minseok pulls Luhan’s ear and the two best friend look at each other giggling.
<>
‘Minyoung ah~, eomma has outstation seminar for few days and appa will be going to Beijing tonight. I have bought groceries, so cook dinner for you and Minseok oppa. I love you.’
“Waeyo Minyoung ah?” Minseok looks at his sister who is looking at her phone.
“Eomma and appa won’t be at home.” Minyoung looks at her brother and flip off her phone.
Minseok nods and put his arms around his sister’s shoulder. They all walk to the subway and ride the train. In the train, Minyoung almost fall asleep in his brother’s arms standing. Kyungsoo who stands next to Minyoung smiles looking at the two siblings. Wufan and Luhan are busy with their phones and ignore everything that happens around them. Once they reach the Kim’s residence, Kyungsoo and Minyoung run to the study area while the three musketeers lay down on the couch in the living room. Then, Minyoung and Kyungsoo go to the kitchen taking out ingredients to prepare their lunch.
“What are you guys going to cook today?” Minseok sits himself down and see his sister and Kyungsoo moving around in the kitchen.
“Secret, shh! But I think Luhan oppa and Wufan oppa will love it.” Minyoung beams a bright smile and continue working with Kyungsoo.
Minseok who does not like to take an afternoon nap, walk to the two friends with a handy cam in his hand. As usual, he films whatever they do the whole weekdays just to show it to Junmyeon and Jongin. And in times like now where their parents are not around, he will show it to them too.
“Hello everyone, today we have chef Minyoung and chef Kyungsoo in the house! Clap! Clap!” Minseok talks as the Minyoung and Kyungsoo busy preparing the ingredients.
“Apparently chef Kyungsoo will introduce himself to our special viewer, Junmyeon and Jongin.” Minseok continues and zoom at Kyungsoo who is searching for a knife.
“Eh? Oh, annyeonghaseyo. My name is Do Kyungsoo and I am Minyoung’s best friend.” Kyungsoo bows as the camera follows his action.
The recording continues as they cook and prepare lunch. Luhan and Wufan already in their own day dreamland by the time Minseok turns the camera to them. Both of Minseok’s friends who are laying on the floor wakes up once Minseok shouts that lunch is ready.
“Dumpling?!” Luhan and Wufan look at each other as they see a plate of dumpling nicely arrange on the table.
“See, my prediction is correct.” Minyoung giggles as she looks at Wufan and Luhan who are looking at Minyoung with their eyes’ widen.
All of them sit together for lunch and have a great time chatting and sharing stories. Minyoung and Kyungsoo with their junior high stories while the three musketeers with their silly high school stories. The lunch ends with laughter and tears of joy.
<>
‘Oppa and Jongin will be on a commercial with TVXQ. Wish us luck. ^^’
‘Send my regards full with <3 <3 to Jaejoong oppa and Junsu oppa.^^’
‘Arasso. Have you eaten? I heard eomma and appa are not at home.’
‘I have. Yeah, apppa will be going to Beijing and eomma will be going for a seminar.’
‘Take care okay my little princess. My acting class is next. I love you and Minseok hyung too. Mmmuahhh.’
“Junmyeoni?” Minseok appears behind you with his hands full of dishes.
“Yup. He is going to be on tv soon with Jongin and TVXQ!” Minyoung looks at her brother with a wide smile on her face.
“Wow! Yeoksi, that is my greatest lil brother.” Minseok nods and help his sister with the dishes.
The three musketeers nominate the living room with their books on the floor and papers all over the coffee table. As their university entrance exam is coming, Minseok, Luhan and Wufan pay more attention towards their studies and less playing for any tournament. Minyoung and Kyungsoo sit on the floor at the study area with their books and ready for their revision.