Beautiful

The End of Secret Rendezvouses

 

 


The sky’s turning grey. It’s going to rain soon.

She was there, standing by the windows as if she was waiting for something, or someone. Her eyes flickered at the sight of the gloomy weather outside, thinking about her life, about where her life would finally lead her. To heaven? Or to hell?

“Hey…” She didn’t flinch at that deep voice calling for her. Instead, she kept on staring at the plain view outside with lots of thoughts in mind.

“Heo Solji.” She gasped when a pair or strong arms suddenly wrapped around her slim waist, pulling her away from the glass window. That voice, she knew it. He never called her by her full name except when he’s really serious and she knew that time, he wasn’t playing around.

 

“What did I told you yesterday? Go away.”  She uttered, firm in her tone while trying to free herself from his suffocating hold. That’s it, she didn’t want this anymore. She didn’t want to bear more guilt that’s been haunting her since these past years.

She just wanted to move on.

“I’ve heard that same old words thousands of times, Heo Solji. You didn’t mean it right?” His whisper sent chills to her spine. It never failed to shake her woman’s weak heart but not now, not again. This time, she’s determined.

Solji shook her head, trying to get back to the real world, the world where she’s just nothing but dirt, a muck that’s staining other person’s life.

“I mean it! Everything’s wrong since the start! Just get your hands off of me!” With all the little might that she had, she’s finally free from his hands. But his face, it’s obvious that he’s shocked at her actions.

She was never like this. She never resisted him, not even once. And that definitely scratched his mountain high ego.

 

 

“Why’re you like this? Did they found out?”

“Why? Are you scared?”

“No!”

“Then, why’re you still here?! Just get the hell out of here and leave me alone!” The man gritted his teeth. She’s never like this and surely, he won’t do what she said. With his pride at stake, he yanked the slender girl’s wrist and pulled her closer to him.

 

“What if I don’t want to?” He provoked, glaring at the squirming lady before him.

“You’re crazy, Choi Siwon.” She spat, still not letting go of her frown. She’s not happy, that’s for sure.

 

“I am, for you.”

 

That night, she lost again.

 

 

***

 

She was confused. After all that Hani told her before, Solji felt guilty, very guilty. The lady sighed, feeling the night breeze hitting her face. This relationship with him, it was never right but somehow, when he’s near, everything felt just right to her.

Was she to blame? But he’s the one who came to her that night, so it was his fault, right?

She never knew.

 

 

“She’s baren.”

“So, what? You want me to bear you a child?”

“I have this thought in mind. If Hani is not going to be the mother of my child, then you will.”

“Tsk, that’s stupid. And then what? You’re going to divorce her and marry me?”

“Maybe.”

Solji didn’t reply and just closed her eyes when she felt his lips on her bare shoulders. Hani never knew and it hurt every time she thought of her best friend, she felt sick. What kind of friend was she? Again, that revolting thought just went away when he kissed her lips.

That’s when she knew.

She’d fallen for this man, real deep.

 

 

 

A tear dropped from her eyes. She’s disgusted with herself that she felt like cutting her wrist that instance and just, just die. Solji hugged her knees and buried her face under them, cried like there’s no tomorrow. The night was dark, the rain just ceased and there was no moon or any stars up above, everything was black.

“Solji?”

“Go away!” She didn’t bother looking up. She hated him, she hated him for turning her into something like this. But a moment after that, she could feel a hand grabbed her arm, pulling her to stand up.

 

“What?! You’re still here?! You got what you wanted, right? Why won’t you just get lost?!” She yelled with tears streaming down her porcelain cheeks.

“Hey, what’s wrong, Beautiful? Why’re you like this? Tell me..” He cupped her face and wiped all the tears away but still, the tears kept falling.

“Please, Oppa. I don’t want to live like this anymore. I remembered what you told me a couple of years ago. If it’s not Hani, it’s me.”

“What are you talking about?” He frowned, puzzled at her words.

“You won’t need me anymore. Hani, she’s pregnant. She told me yesterday. Don’t you know?! That’s it. Everything’s over.”

 

 

He went static, eyes wide open, shocked.

“That’s impossible!”

“What’s impossible?! Just go to her. I don’t want to see you anymore. Enough with all of this nonsense. Live happily with your wife, Oppa. Your future kid, your family.”

He paused. The news still shocked him. Hani never told him anything. Maybe it’s because he’s busy since these past few days that he didn’t get the chance to have a long talk with her. Besides, he loved coming here, to Solji’s house during some nights that he didn’t even see his wife who might be waiting at home.

 

 

His mind flew. A kid? A child, his child that he’s been longing for since him and Hani got married a few years ago. Shouldn’t he be happy? He should but it disappointed him when Solji’s not the mother to that child.

 

The truth was, he loved this lady right before him more than his did to his real wife. When he’s with Hani, he thought of Solji and when he’s with her, he forgot completely about Hani. Call him unfaithful and a selfish jerk, he didn’t care.

Once he’d laid eyes on Solji during his wedding day a few years ago, he was already enthralled by her undeniable beauty and her addicting smile and also her sweet voice. He wanted her but he kept it to himself until Hani was said to be barren. He wanted a child and when he thought of his wife’s best friend, he decided to go for it, making a child as an excuse. The moment he knew that she also kept something for him, he knew he had won.

Solji was his, and so did Hani.

 

 

***

 

 

“Why can’t you ask her for a divorce?”

“I want to wait first. You know this wedding’s arranged, Beautiful.” He pulled the lady closer into his chest. He was happy and she was too.

“I don’t get you, Oppa. I thought –“ She said, her hot breaths hit his bare chest, turning him on.

“No more complicated questions. Let’s just stay this way.”

 

 

 

Solji suddenly thought of that night, one of the happiest nights in her life but sadly, everything had to come to an end. Relationship with Choi Siwon, the husband of her best friend was a thrilling one and surely, no one could give her that kind of feeling that Siwon had given to her, not even Bang Yongguk.

 

 

She stared at the little girl sleeping on her laps and brushed her soft hair. How lucky Hani was, for having a child as beautiful as her.

“Solji-ya!” She looked up to that familiar voice and soon, a smile crept onto her lips as she saw two figures slowly coming towards her on that bench.

That woman, it’s her best friend and beside her, there’s that man who used to give her that thrilling sensation but sadly, she couldn’t look into his eyes anymore. If she did, his eyes were like calling for her to come back to him and she wouldn’t want that to happen anymore.

 

 

“Leaving already? Jiwon here would be sad too when she woke up and notice that her aunt’s not here.”

“Yes. I’m sorry, Hani-ah. Siwon-ssi.  Tell Jiwon I love her. It’s fun having her for the night.”

Guilt. That’s what she felt every time she looked into Hani’s eyes and she would want to leave so that she didn’t have to see those eyes again, including Siwon’s.

 

 

When Solji’s about to take a step away, she suddenly could feel a hand wrapped nicely around her shoulders. She wasn’t shocked as she knew who the owner of those arms was.

“Guk-ie? You’re here early.”

“I just couldn’t wait for you anymore. Already said goodbye?”

“Yes, Yongguk-ssi. Take care of my best friend here.” Hani suddenly spoke and quickly, the tall man bowed to the two people in front of him in respect.

 

Solji quickly hugged her best friend and then, him. It would be the last time she’d hug him because she wanted to leave this family once and for all. All the bad things she did to her best friend, let them be secrets between him and her.

She knew she would miss his broad chest and when they hugged, she did with all her might.

 

 

“I love you, Heo Solji. I’ll always do, Beautiful.”

 

His whisper almost sent tears to her eyes but when she walked away from those two people, hand in hand with her fiancé, she held onto this thought in mind;

She’s going to live a new life, with no more lies and betrayal. She loved Yongguk and all she wanted was a happy ending for herself. A peaceful life was the only thing that she asked for and she didn’t want to be the third wheel anymore.

 

 

 

Solji tightened her hold onto Yongguk’s hand as they went into the departure hall. Choi Siwon’s a meaningful history and she’d still keep those nice memories with him in mind until the day she died and with Yongguk, she wanted to make new special memories with him soon.

To her, waiting for Siwon was not a mistake even though the wait resulted in disappointment because he gave her special feelings to her heart and also a huge lesson to her mind.

 

 

However, to Siwon, there’s one mistake that he figured; if he made his mind quick, he’d live happily with the lady whom he really loved and who knew, they might make a bigger family together. But he was scared and that fear finally had finally eaten him alive.

Such a stupid mistake.

 

 

 


Okay, not a happy ending for Siwon even for his birthday. lol I hope this oneshot will bring some kind of freshness to this site. I'm getting bored with the same old pairings, to be honest^^ I just love angst, nuff said. Oh, and don't think that all third wheels are pure bad. They're just in love but sadly, fate's not on their side. ^^ That's why I don't really enjoy fics that has very evil idols as biathes. Anyway, thanks for reading. Comments are very welcomed :) Any Exid fans here? lol xD