When I first met you

The Odd Couple

 

“ANNYEO-HA-SE-YO, OK TAEC-YEON” was yelled right in my face before I had the chance to blink at the young overexcited girl standing in front of me. I was speechless at such an abrupt and weird greeting from this girl, so much, that I simply stared down at her in reply. I glanced from the top of head where her fringe sat making her looking like an 5 yr old to her petite and small body structure- she could really eat some more I thought. She shuffled awkwardly and huddled under the pile of heavy coats and scarves, big white mufflers covered her ears at which I detected the reason why she had yelled before. I squinted my eyes unconsciously and the girl looked away nervously under my obvious scrutiny. So this is the so-called gui gui? she looked exactly the same as the photos I’ve searched online- typical cute and boring type. Realising I must have looked like a creep for the past 5 minutes just staring at her, I nodded my head in greeting and walked away from her.

 

“Dude, I don’t think I can do this man. Look at her. Look at me.” I told my manager and he simply stared at me for a few seconds before turning his head and looking at that girl for a few more seconds. I rolled my eyes before continuing.
“No, I mean like seriously man, this won’t work. She keeps staring at me, I swear I felt her following me to the toilet before and I think I saw her hovering outside our van just then. This is getting a bit creepy for me.” I tell my manager in a whisper. He stands there in front me and roll his eyes again, I guess the whole rolling eyes became our thing now.

“Taec, man, look - get over yourself. She is not looking at you, she is not following you, its normal for her to be here because she’s freaking in the show. Stop looking at her like she is some sort of stalker fan.” he reprimands me in an equal low whisper, afraid that other people or fans might hear. Before I could get another word out, the PD director called us all in for a short meeting before the show started. I followed my manager and from the corner of my eye, I could see that girl staring at me, again with that creepy smile of hers. I quickened my pace but still felt her presence behind me, uncomfortably.


I waited for this moment for way too long. I have been standing outside in the snow for the past 30 minutes, waiting for Ok Taecyeon’s van to arrive. I wanted to greet him first myself and maybe become friends, hoho, exchange numbers and maybe even facebook details. I padded across the carpark as I saw his van drive in, preparing myself internally for our very first meeting. I shouted out my greeting in korean, hopefully not too shabby at the handsome and tall man before me. Oh, the way he moved himself, and those muscles- so defined that I could even see it under that jumper. I hope I wasn’t staring at him that obviously as I quickly looked at the ground, pretending that I wasn’t checking him out a second ago. Looking up after a few more seconds, I saw that he had wandered off with his manager. Didn’t he hear me? I guess he didn’t or maybe his manager called him so thats why he couldn’t talk to me. I didn’t think about it too much as I wandered off to where my manager was, but kept a tab on his whereabouts so we could get a chance to talk again.
 

“What are you doing, Wuyinjie” my manager stares at me incredulously as she witnessed my amazing acrobats in hiding behind poles, vans and walls as I waited for a chance to talk to Ok Taecyeon. I have been waiting for a chance as the wgm crew prepared the filming equipment, waiting for him outside the toilet - well, I didn’t want to scare him by going in with him. But the moment I saw him, it was only the back of his head, every single time. I tried looking in the van for him a few minutes before but my manager grabbed me by my scarf and dragged me away.
 

As we headed up to where the PD director called us all in for the meeting, I smiled happily as I finally saw him in front of me with his manager. Even his walk was like a model, so suave and handsome. I continued to stare at him with googly eyes and could feel the heat on my cheeks when he glanced back at me - he saw me. He LOOKED AT ME. I wondered if I should run up to him but my manager glared at me while holding my hand tightly, scared that I would embarrass myself in front of the whole wgm team. I huffed a loud sigh, staring longingly at Ok Taecyeons head from behind - once again.