Final

Highest level of love

 

I think you never loved me. You like noonas. You dated with them. Do you know that my heart hurts everytime you called them "honey"?

My heart hurts......everytime I saw you kiss a girl when I stalked you on your dates. 

My heart hurts.....everytime you ignore me. My heart just hurts. I really want to get to know you better. 

But it seems that I can't. I can't understand you. I can't be with you. I can't do what I yearn to do with you.

It hurts.....but I'm happy that you treated me as a best friend.

You cared for me as a best friend. I wanted us to go more than best friends. I wanted you. But i know it isn't possible.

I'm trying to treat you as a best friend.......but I can't. I just can't. I love you and you don't love me back. 

Why do I love you and you do not love me back? Why do you make me feel terrible? Why do I keep loving you? Do you love me? I ask myself these questions for years. Why.....do I keep loving you though you break my heart?    

Minho's POV

I love Mee Yon. I really do. My heart hurts too. I know she loves me but I can never confess to her. It's not that I want to deny. But it is that I can't seem to confess. What if she don't love me back? 

 

Mee Yon's POV

I wandered around the neighbourhood, thinking of my unrequited love for Minho oppa. It was evening and it was deserted. I sat on a bench and I saw six men walking up to me. One of them said, "Hey there beautiful. "

I sensed something was wrong and I stood up. I walked briskly, but the man grabbed my wrists. "Don't leave that soon, girl. Wanna play with us?"

 

I was frightened by his words. I struggled to let go, but they held me firmly. They were about to do something (IDK about this LOL) but I heard a familiar voice.

 

Minho oppa's voice. "Yah! What are you doing!" He ran to us and kicked the six guys. They soon got into a fight. The men finally ran away but one of them came back with a glass bottle.

The man threw the glass bottle and it was going to hit me. But Minho oppa shielded me and the glass bottle hit him on the head......

 

Blood gushed out from his head. I was petrified when that happened. I quickly dialled the ambulance hotline while my hands were still shaking.....

 

------------------------

(A few hours later)

 

The doctor came out of the emergency room. He looked gloomy, I sensed that something was wrong. The doctor had his head down. I wished that Minho oppa would be fine…Please, be alright, and I’ll do anything………just to have you alive……..

 

“I’m sorry, the patient have lost a lot of blood. I can’t guarantee that he could survive this night, you may visit him and say your goodbyes.”

 

Why is this happening? He is going to lose his life? For me? It can’t be…….he doesn’t love me…..

 

I rushed into the room, and saw him from a distance. He was so frail, he was going to leave me forever. Minho oppa, as long I can see you alive, I do not care even if you hate me, or do anything to me. I just wish you will be alive, even if it’s for a second. Why do you have to go?

 

I saw him gesturing me to come to him. I walked slowly, as I was too afraid to move. When I was before him, he took off his oxygen mask. I stopped him.

 

“Minho oppa, you are going to die soon, you need all the oxygen you can get!” I cried tearfully.

 

“Mee Yon, I…..I loved you for a long time. I didn’t want to confess because I was afraid that you would reject me. I’m sorry if I broke your heart. Do you love me?” He looked at me with his teary eyes. He knows that I love him. He knows it.

 

“Ne…I do. Minho oppa, why are you leaving me that soon?” Why? Minho oppa…..

 

I watched him as he closed his eyes slowly. He would sleep forever…….and ever. The world came tumbling down like there’s no tomorrow. Everything….went black.

 

(The next morning)

I woke up and fluttered my eyes. I would usually hear Minho oppa’s voice greeting me when I woke. But now, I don’t hear anything. The room is silent. Oh yes, Minho oppa is gone from the world. He’s gone forever. He left me and the world. Why did he have to?

 

Tears rolled down my cheeks. Minho oppa loves me. But why can’t we live happily ever after? I see couples in the streets smiling to each other, while sharing ice cream. But why is this bittersweet love?

 

I promise, I will live for you, Minho oppa. For the fact that you died for me shows ---the highest level of love. No one would love me like this. The highest level of love, that I would always look up to.