Chapter One

55 FICTION WITH EXO

 

(1) THE BUS // BaekYeol

Drenched by rain, Baekhyun walks to his usual spot on the bus, only to find it taken. The person’s deep eyes meet his, sending an unfamiliar warmth down his spine.

“That’s my spot.”

“Exactly,” he breathes, “I can share with you, though.”

“Oh, okay.”

“It’s been a long time.”

“I know. I missed you, Yeol.”

 

(2) A CUP OF COFFEE // SuChen

His chest tightens as the feeling lingers. The time seems to move fast, suffocating him. The bitter taste of coffee wasn’t even helping.

“I heard you’re leaving,” Suho says almost inaudibly.

“Yes. In two weeks.”

“You don’t have to, Chen.”

“But I’m asking you to come with me, though,” Chen whispers, giving him the ticket.

 

(3) DAYDREAMS // HunHan

Sehun giggles as a tickling sensation wakes him up from his slumber. He looks to his right and sees eyes glistening with joy.

“Good morning, hyung.”

Silence.

He rubs his eyes and in a blink of an eye, Sehun’s smile fades. Wet lips dampen his cheek, sending him screaming loud. It wasn’t him all along.

 

(4) SAFE // TaoRis

Tao’s heart starts to beat faster than usual. His palms instantly got sweaty.

“I don’t know if I can do this,” he shivers.

“I know you can,” Kris says as he flashes his crooked smile at him.

With a pat on the back, Tao bungee jumps with Kris’ soft words on replay in his ears.

 

(5) REVERSE // KaiSoo

“I don’t know if it’s making me feel better, because I think it’s only making me worse,” Kyungsoo said.

These words still linger in Jongin’s mind. It’s as if he’s all to blame.

“I hate you so much,” Jongin hisses.

“It’s better that way. Trust me,” Kyungsoo says as he leaves Jongin inside the room.

 

(6) SWEET LIKE CANDY // XiuLay

That summer day, Yixing laughed a genuine laugh. He felt happy, more than the usual even. He can’t deny he had fun.

“So when can we do this again?” Yixing asks, slowly his fingers after eating cotton candy.

“I don’t know,” Xiumin’s expression instantly stiffens.

“Why?”

“It’s hard to explain when you’re doing that.”