12 - Bom's Daughter

My Fat Heart Belongs to You

 

-Woohyun’s POV-

Oh, how I love Italian food. Pasta was my number one order in Acquerello. Their Orecchiette with Ricotta and Chard Pan Sauce was to die for and I could not wait to eat a whole plate of it.
“I’m glad you picked Acquerello, umma,” I grinned at her.

We were escorted to our table. The ambience of the restaurant was homely, yet it was fancy. It overlooked the city, and the walls were made out of glass. The view was the reason why this place was expensive.

“The usual?” appa asked.

We all nodded and appa gave orders. I decided to skip soda, since I was on a strict soda diet. I had to settle with water.

“Oppa, you’re getting skinnier,” Minah said pinching my arm. “There’s not a lot of fat anymore.”

“Then I’m doing great,” I grinned at her.

We continued our family talks and school discussions.

After thirty minutes, that felt like years, our food finally arrived. My eyes grew wide at the sight of my food. It looks absolutely delicious.

We said our daily prayers and started to eat.

Halfway through the meal I had to use the washroom. I excused myself from the table.

As I was making my way back from the washroom, I heard a name that I didn’t expect would pop up at the moment.

“Miss Bom, Mr. Lee, I will now you to your table,” the same person who escorted us said. I looked at the girl, and she was wow. She was a thousand times more beautiful than Seoyeon. Even I had to admit that. 

I was watching the beautiful girl make her way to her table with a guy’s arm wrapped around her arm. And for some reason, my heart dropped and my blood boiled.

I watched her from afar, and noticed she surprisingly stopped near our table.

“My, my, it’s Bom’s only daughter,” appa smiled at the girl.

The girl bowed and smiled. The smile looked too familiar. “Good evening, Mr. Nam, it’s nice to see you. Mrs. Nam, Minah.” She looked like she was in a hurry to get away from our table, and she was constantly looking around. How did she know Minah? Minah barely goes outside, and she wasn’t allowed to go to company parties either.

“Mr. Nam, do you remember me? I’m Mr. Lee’s son, Lee Minhyuk,” the guy said, shaking my father’s hand.

“I remember you! How’s your father?”

“He’s doing well. He’s still in America. I just convinced him if I could move here for a while,” the guy smiled.

The girl looked at her non-existent watch. “Well, it’s nice to see you all again, but we have to go to our table.” She bowed once again. The guy bowed as well.
I made my entrance right when she left. She was seated at the corner with the best view, and it was easy for me to see her. I felt like a creeper at this moment.

“Who was that appa?”

“Mr. Bom’s daughter. Do you remember her? She always used to go to our house because Mr. Bom and I would talk about work, but you’d be always too shy to talk to her, because you thought she’d make fun of you,” appa explained.

“What’s her name?”

“Bom Yunji.”

 Then something flashed in my mind.

 

"And my name isn’t Bom. That’s my last name. Call me Yunji,” she smiled. Her smile was cute.

“I’m Nam Woohyun,” I introduced and shook her hand.

“Are you the son of Nam Dohyun? Owner of hotels across the world?” she asked. How did she know?

I nodded. “May I ask, how?”

“Well, first, your last name. Second, I recognized you   from company parties,” she said. But then she made a face as if she wasn’t supposed to say that.

“Company parties?”

“I—uh”

 And the bell rang cutting her off. “I’ll see you around,” she smiled and dashed off. 

I can't believe it's her.

 


Hello my lovely subs! (: so I had to update today because I felt like it, but I'm sorry it was too short. I have a choral concert in less less than three hours and our call time is in an hour. So I have to be there early.
I'll try to update this weekend if I have time and not burried in homework -.- (which i do but I'll finish it early so i could update for you guys <3)


Comments are appreciated! 
Saranghaeeee <3