Chapter 1

My Greedy Namja

Chapter 1

“Joohyun-ah! Wake up!!” My mother shakes me. How late did I sleep last night? I never wake up late. I opened my eyes and got up. I reached for my cellphone and wondered why my alarm didn’t work.

“Aigoo, you must’ve forgot to set it up last night. You were dead tired when we got here. You fell asleep on the car and it was almost hard to make you come up here.” My mom kissed my forehead and went out of my room. Ahh, I remembered. We just moved in yesterday here at Seoul and my mom, as usual is very reckless about everything. She forgot that the school I enrolled in is starting in a few days and didn’t had time to get ready, so the day we moved in is also the day my schooling starts. Good thing she woke me up early, I still have time to prepare my things.

Anyway, my name is Seo Joo Hyun. I am an upcoming Junior this day and will be studying at Seoul National High School. We are from Jeonju and the reason we moved here is because my mom got promoted on her job, and her boss demanded her to leave our home, come here where their extended branch is located, and work for her as her own secretary. I wanted to scold my mom for doing so, but she’s still my mother. So, I had said goodbye to my home, friends and classmates for 15 years. Anyway, we rented this apartment, and it was good enough for the both of us. White façade, red roof, and a garden just at the front porch. We’re occupying the whole second floor right infront of the street, so the view from our living room is magnificent. My mom is a single parent. Were lucky because her job is giving us more than enough of what we need. Even now, that she got promoted, I wouldn’t wonder if sooner or later, I see my mom driving a super expensive car. If you’re looking for my dad, I wouldn’t know either. My mom said that when she was giving birth to me, he left without saying goodbye. It’s a mystery really. I don’t want to have hate towards my dad, but knowing that my mom’s all alone at that hospital ward, giving birth without anyone’s support is such a heartbreaking scene. So even if I love my dad for helping my mom create me (Totally weird for even mentioning that), the anger I feel for him is inevitable, for abandoning me, specially my poor omma.

I noticed that my boxes are neatly placed under my bed and my room is really clean. My mom must’ve guess that I wouldn’t appreciate it if she opened my boxes without my permission. Not that I care about her touching my stuffs, it’s just that, she’d just put anything anywhere and I really hate being messy. I further examine my room and it’s already painted in dirty white, just as I like it. There’s a study desk beside my bed, a wardrobe with a body length mirror and my own bathroom at the left corner of the room. I wore my fuzzy slippers and headed out of the door, where I found my mom’s back at the kitchen, cooking. Reaching the dining table, I smell the delicious scent of pancakes, bacon and egg. My tummy made a really loud grumbling sound, earning a sweet smile form my omma.

“Come set the table so we can eat. I already finished unpacking the kitchenware and it’s there at the upper cabinet.”

-----------------------------

“Goodluck on your first day pumpkin.” She dropped a kiss on my forehead and I got off the bus. Wearing my favorite pastle colored sweater and my knee length skirt, matched with my beige bag and doll shoes, I feel perfect. Mom forgot to purchase my uniform, so she asked if I could wear civilian for a week.

Wow! This school is humongous! I bet the library here is as enormous!! My heart rate and excitement increased when I stepped inside the gates. I bowed at the guards who did the same. I walked, no, I skipped my way towards the building’s entrance and got welcomed by a big banner saying ‘Welcome back students!’. I’ve only been here once and that time, I didn’t pay attention to my surroundings because I was busy re-reading my notes for the entrance exam. After I passed, my mom insisted that she do the entire enrollment and paper works because I still have school during those days, that’s why I wasn’t able to go back here and tour around.

“Annyeong Hasseyo, Joohyun imnida. I’m a transfer student and I’m requested to stop by here to talk to the principal.” I said to the receptionist who looks… Bored to death. She didn’t even give me a polite smile! How rude!! She just continue to scowl and frown at me. She reached for the nearby phone and keyed in some numbers. After a few minutes, she looked back at me and gave me, somewhat a disgusted look. Wow, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed! I shifted awkwardly and looked away. After what seems like forever, she finally turned to me.

“The principal is not available at the moment and he wants me to tour you. God I hate my job!” she rolled her eyes as her hand search for something inside the drawer underneath her table. “Here.” She continued and handed me some papers. “It’s the list of your subjects, teachers, locker number, blah, blah, blah..” I opened my mouth to say something, but I decided to just shut up and gave her the favor to talk more, or complain more. “I’m supposed to welcome you here, but I don’t give a crap, so will you please go away??” I bowed before I left. Wow. Weird. I hope people here are not as “THOUGHTFUL” as she was. I looked at the papers she gave me and noticed that my first subject won’t be starting until 8:30. I still have plenty of time in hand so I decided to roam around and tour myself.

‘219’ says my room number on the paper I’ve been holding. It’s at the peak of this building thank goodness!! I didn’t know that they have atleast 8 buildings here, I panicked when I saw students started running everywhere, and I was at the wrong building! Fortunately, I was a little on time. When I entered my room, everyone’s already here. I could feel their intense stares at me, and I’m not used to that welcoming feeling. Feeling really conscious, I touched my hair and keep moving forward, the further I go, the more they whisper to each other. I headed towards the back, not really what I aim for since I want to learn so much, but just for now, I’ll manage here, until the “New girl” label pasted all over me dies down. I kept my head low and I know everyone’s really, and I mean REALLY LOOKING AT ME!! What’s the big deal?! It’s not like I have 10 arms attached on me! When our class adviser stepped inside, I did not hope for the worse, but seems like it’s not my day because he automatically called for my name and let me introduce myself first since I’m the new kid and everyone seems to know each other. After my awkward introduction, our adviser, or should I say, Mr. Kim gave me the permission to have my sit as he started to orient us a little. He’s really nice and funny.

“And class, I will not be tolerating continuous absences and late comers.” Just on cue, a guy with brown messy hair appeared at the door and went straight inside without stopping and apologizing to Mr. Kim.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. Late as always! I heard that you were making out with that girl, Bora at the fire exit this morning? When will you learn??” A blonde haired girl said while twirling her ballpen, as if it’s the  most normal thing to say on a first day. The class is all ears to the guys who stopped midway.

“Just because we’ve been in a relationship, doesn’t mean you have some kind of hold on to me.” The guy spat bitterly as he continue to walk further.

“Still a jerk I see, Jung Yong Hwa.” The girl added.

“And you’re still a Hyuna. Heard you got laid again last-“

“ENOUGH! “ Mr. Kim finally interrupted. “I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in my class!! Do you all understand?! And as for you Mr. Jung, the next time you come late again, I will not think twice to flunk you on my subjects, do you get that Mister?!”

“Yeah, yeah!” The guy named Jung Yong Hwa settled down2 seats away from me. Good thing he didn’t sat beside me because, boy, do I have a lot of things to say to him!! I don’t think I won’t be able to stop myself from lecturing him.

A little while, Mr. Kim dismissed us and the class broke to laughter and chatters. I looked at the girl, whose name is Hyuna, who talked earlier to check if she’s okay. If she’s hurting inside, I say she she’s good at hiding it because she’s now talking animatedly at her seatmate. Curious, I looked at the guy who made the scene earlier, and when I turned to see him, he’s looking at me.  And he’s smiling. Not just a smile, but an amused smile..

 

----------------------------------

Author's note:

A very short and boring chapter. I will update as soon as i can. Please bear the dull moments on this specific chappie. There's a lot to come. and yes, a different Yonghwa on this story. Very different. There! I warned you okay? If you don't like his character, then i suggest you don't read this because there wil be some rated scenes on the upcoming chapters. Okaaaaay, i talk too much. Happy Reading!! Tah tah! :)

 

-aizelou03