One

ZAP!

 

I looked around the classroom and saw that the other kids were trying to stay awake too just like me.  Even though I am an A+ student, history class still bored me.  It was not that that class itself was boring, it was the teacher.  The way he spoke was just, ugh, tiring.  Additionally, the classroom was very hot so it was much harder to concentrate and stay awake at the same time.  By the time I put my head on my desk, the bell rang.  The class quickly got their things and left.  As for me, I stayed back, copying down the homework from the board.  As I finished writing it down, I overheard a girl say “ZAP him and tell me what happens”.

‘What did she mean by zapping him?’ I thought as I walked to my locker.

I stopped wondering what I had overheard since I had heard much weirder stuff than that in my class.  I opened my locker, put in my books, and when I closed my locker, I saw Sun, my best friend.

Sun lifted up a bag and said “I got you lunch”.

“Thanks” I smiled, “Let’s hurry up before the security puts us in detention”

Sun nodded and we both headed to the cafeteria. Lucky for us, Ara and Brit saved us our seat.  We thanked them both and sat down.

Sun handed me the bag.  When I looked inside the bag, I looked at Sun with a questioning look.

“Only my lunch is in here.  Where is yours?”  I asked.

“Remember that I’m on a diet?” Sun reminded me.

I rolled my eyes along with a sigh.  Sun was too strict with her body so I knew not to ask any more questions.  I began to eat my sandwich and I caught myself looking at Taemin.  I was glad that he did not look back so he would not see how fast I ate.

“Hey guys” Brit said “Did you guys hear about that ZAP thing going around in school?”

“Funny you said that, I kind of did.  I heard a girl say something about zapping a guy” I told them.

“But do you know what ZAP is?” Brit questioned me.

I shook my head.

Brit looked at the other two girls, “Do you guys know?

Both of them shook their heads.

“Do you know Brit?” I asked her.

“Yeah, of course I know!  I am the person that knows what’s going on around in this school”

“No” The three of us said sarcastically.

“Very funny.  Do you guys want to know what ZAP! Is or not?”

“Sure” Sun said.

“Basically ZAP is a game-“

“What kind of game?” I said.

“I was just about to say what it is Lina” Brit told me and I said “Sorry”.

“It’s okay.  ZAP! Is a game where a person writes ‘ZAP!’ on another person’s hand and writes a person’s name on their palm”

“Okay, and?” Sun commented.

“I was not finished.  Then, that person has to ask out the person that is written in their palm”

“What if they don’t?” Ara asked.

“The person will receive ten slaps from the person who wrote on them and additionally, that person has to the bathroom floor, or any floor that the person picks” Brit explained.

“Wow… That’s a… umm… unique game” Ara said.

“When did ZAP! Start”? Sun asked.

“Yesterday and about 50 kids already got zapped” Brit informed us.

“Whoa” I whispered and took another bite of my sandwich.

“And” Brit said, “One of you guys are getting zapped today by me”.  She held up her red marker.

We all looked at her with scared faces.

“Today, Lina will get zapped” Brit announced.

Before I could complain and start an argument with Brit, she quickly grabbed my hand and wrote ZAP! on my hand and a name on my palm.  It tickled when she was writing the name down on my soft palm.    When I saw the name Brit had written, I looked at her and shook my head but she nodded with a smirk on her face.

“Who did she write?” Sun asked me.

I held up my hand and both Sun and Ara yelled out, “Taemin!”

I pouted and out my head on the gable and covered my head with my arms.

“Why Brit!” I whined.

“Umm I guess it’s because you like him” She still had that smirk on her face.

“I am not going to do it”

“Okay, have fun urine from the girls’ bathroom”

“Eww gross!” Sun said and Ara laughed.

I put my head up high again and looked at my palm.

“Fine, I will ask Lee Taemin out” I said.

The three of them smiled and high fived.