Final

Coffee & Kisses

      Jonghyun rounded the block and spotted the coffee shop's tables and umbrellas on the sidewalk. On sweltering summer days, he loved sitting in the black iron chairs as the sun shone on the blue umbrellas, causing everything in it's shade too be doused in a blue hue. Jonghyun would sit there with his mother whenever she came to visit. He loved his mother very much. But, he just had one complaint, she was homophobic. 

      When he had first told her his deepest secret in high school, she yelled and screamed at him. It was the most he had ever been afraid of his own mother. Afterwards, for a while, she ignored and avoided him. She came to visit him every now and then when she had time off from work, but there was still an awkward feeling that lingered around the air above their heads. He's gotten used to it now, but for the first couple years, it hurt him inside. Every judging glance she unsuccessfully tried to hide, made him feel unloved. For a while he even tried to convince himself he hated her. In the end, he still loved his mother and she warmed up to the idea and tried to connect with him again. Even though their encounters were never the same again, Jonghyun appreciated the fact his mother still tried her best to love her son.

      He opened the glass door and heard the familiar jingle, signaling that a customer had entered the small cafe. He read the big lettering on the door, The Key of Coffee.

"Morning Jonghyun!" The usual girl stood behind the counter. Krystal had her hair tied up in a tight ponytail and her apron was tied around her waist. "The usual?"

"Yeah. I guess." Jonghyun answered calmly.

"So? Do you have anybody special? A girl or guy that you've noticed?" Krystal bend over the counter and supported her head on the palms of her hands as the coffee blended.

Jonghyun took in a deep breath. "Nah~ Not yet." Krystal's expression switched to pity and dissapointment. 

"Aw~ I was hoping for a double date." The coffee machine beeped and Krystal poured it into the cup. She grabbed the whip cream can and hovered it over the top. "Whip cream?" Her eyebrows arched up expectantly.

"Why not?" Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders. She pressed on the spout of the whip cream can and Jonghyun watched as the top of his coffee was covered with a mountain of white cream. He grabbed the coffee from Krystal's hands and muttered a 'thanks' before he walked over to his usual spot. He paused, hand still on the back of the chair. He turned around and decide more towards the front of the shop instead of the back. He wanted a little bit of change from the usual and this was the perfect start for him.

     He found a small table for two besides a wall that blocked the view of the door and sat down. He pulled out his phone and was checking emails while sipping his drink when the sound of the bell rang through the room. 

"Kibum!" Krystal yelled. "How are you?!" Jonghyun raised his head at the new name and tried to peer around the wall. 

"Krys. I just want to get my drink and leave. Why do you have to do this everytime I walk in? Please detach yourself from me." A males voice said obviously annoyed. His voice was soft and edgy, but had a hint of feminity to it. 

"Sorry." Krystal let go of the said Kibum and went back around the counter to her station. Jonghyun scooted his chair back a bit to try to peer around the corner without looking suspicious but instead ended up leaning to far and overreacted, almost falling over backwards. He spilled a little bit of his drink on his shirt. He grimaced. But then an idea hit him. He smirked and got up to go get a napkin. As he walked over to the small countertop with the sugars, straws, napkins and more, he looked the man over. His figure was slightly curvy and his waist dipped in at just the right place. He had blonde hair that was dyed a light pink at the bangs which fell over his forehead. He had fierce feline eyes and Jonghyun couldn't stop staring at them. 

"Jonghyun?" Krystal called his name and giggled. "Don't you think you have enough napkins?" She covered with her hand as she continued to keep her laughter to a cute chuckle. Jonghyun looked at his hand which held about fifty napkins. 

"U-uh. I. Uh." He let out the most painful sounding and nervous chuckle ever and tried to stuff the napkins back in the canister. He shoved the rest in his pocket and speed walked back to his seat. His face was blushed and his palms were sweaty. God! Why did he have to act that stupid and nervous around cute guys like that?

"So, What will it be today?"

"Today, I'm in the mood for something fruity." The voice rang in Jonghyun's ears as he eavesdropped on their morning conversation.

"Okey dokey. I'll make a... Banana strawberry smoothie for you." The black-haired girl behind the counter said and pointed at the male in front of her.

"Sounds good to me." Kibum answered with a smile. He watched Krystal as she blended everything together. Jonghyun plugged his earbuds in and unconciously spun his coffee around with his free hand and read on his phone. Not even noticing when a certain blonde was sitting across from him. 

     Jonghyun jerked his whole body backwards when he looked up and the beautiful boy from earlier was leaning across the table staring at him. He placed his hand over his chest as his heartbeat had to steady back to a regular pace after being surprised so badly.

"You look funny." Kibum commented behind his fingers placed over his chin and lips. He leaned back in his chair and moved his hands down to his lap, but kept his eyes glued to Jonghyun's.

"What?" Jonghyun was slightly taken aback. 

"Your nostrils are too big and you smile with both set of teeth. It makes you look like a dinosaur. But you're eyes are very big too, so if I had to pick, I'd say you were a puppysaur." He laughed as Jonghyun pouted. 

"Well, at least I don't look like a cat!" Jonghyun retorted. "I hate cats." He knew he was acting like a five year old but he didn't care. He was just called a 'puppysaur', he was allowed to become as childish as he wanted for that reason.

"The way you were staring at me earlier would suggest otherwise." Kibum had a sly smile as he sipped his smoothie. "My name's Kibum. But you can call me Key." He winked and held out his hand to shake Jonghyun's. Jonghyun just stared at the hand held out to him and finally lifted his own strong hand to shake Key's. 

"Jonghyun." He tentatively grasped and shook the other boy's hand. It was delicate, yet firm. "Key. Why Key?" Jonghyun asked. 

"My grandmother used to call me that. Infact, she started this coffee shop." He gestured to the building around them.

"Really? You mean, you're Key. As in..."

"The Key to Coffee." Key nodded his head up and down. "I own this place now. She died a few years ago and left it for me in the will because it was my favorite place to be and I always told her when I was younger that, it was going to be mine as soon as I could drive." Key's expression changed dramatically. His diva-like smile faded into a sad smile. The same emotion crept into his eyes, softening his harsh glare. Jonghyun frowned.

"I'm sorry about your loss." He said sincerely. He knew how Key must have felt. He loved his own grandparents as well and was upset when they passed. He had locked himself in their room and wouldn't let anyone in. He was twelve at the time. His mother kept trying to persuade him to leave since it was time to go but, he just would try to stuff himself further in the sheets on the bed that belonged to his grandparents, trying to soak up the last remains of them and his memories with them. He was able to relate to Key's grief.

      But Key laughed.

"Why would you be sorry? You never knew her and you don't know me." He shrugged. Jonghyun smiled slightly. "Not yet at least." This boy was so weird but, in a good way that Jonghyun admired. The topic changed in an instant. "So you're him."

"Who?"

"You are the guy that Krystal is always talking about. She says you come here everyday and order the same thing and sit at the same table. Am I right?" Key raised an eyebrow and placed his intertwined hands in his lap.

"Uh, yeah. I come here everday for my coffee, when I can." Jonghyun nodded.

"I come here everyday too. I usually sit here for a few minutes then leave. But I've never noticed you in here." Key inquired. He leaned forwards in his chair, gripping the sides and scooted his seat closer to Jonghyun. He looked him up and down, assessing his build.

"Probably because I usually sit in the very back." Jonghyun said simply. Key nodded.

"Where do you work?" Key asked.

"Well, my dad is the CEO of a company. So right now, I'm just living off of him until I find a job." Key nodded. That explained the expensive clothing.

"What do you want to be?"

"I love to sing, so I'm hoping to debut as a soloist or in a band." He smiled.

      Jonghyun sang all day everyday. He just had to gain the courage to actually audition. He wasn't even sure what company to audition at or how an audition worked.

"Could you sing for me?"

"Sing for you? Like, right now?" Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. Key nodded slowly. Jonghyun swallowed. "I don't know what to sing though."

"Sing...Tragedy. Do you know that one?" Jonghyun lit up. Of course he knew tragedy! He loved all the emotion in that song and he sang it at least once everyday.

     He took in a deep breath and sat up straighter and started to let the lyrics rise from his memory and belted them out using his core. His eyes closed as the words and notes flowed from his mouth. Each sound soothed Kibum and he found himself getting lost in the music. This song was released the about the same time his grandmother had passed, so it was special to him and reminded him of her. As the last long note exited the brown haired boy's mouth, Key dropped his jaw. He had heard countless covers of that song but, never had he heard someone execute the last note so perfectly, or the entire song overall.

"Waa~ You mean you haven't debuted yet? With that good of a voice?! Aish. What a waste of talent." Key rolled his eyes playfully. Jonghyun just blushed in return. That was the first he had performed for a stranger, he wasn't sure what made him feel comfortable enough to do it though. Kibum just instantly made him feel like he had known him for years. 

      Kibum scoffed as he looked toward the back of the room where Krystal was. She was slumped over a table she had been clearing. She dragged herself up and looked straight at Jonghyun with admiration and jealousy.

"Ohhhh~ Oppa. That was beautiful! Why haven't you ever sang to me before? Why did you sing to Kibum?" She was pouting and had her arms crossed over her chest. Jonghyun blushed and Key laughed.

"Isn't it obvious?" Key shrugged his shoulders up and had a smug look on his face. "My favorite little customer here," the blonde-haired man motioned to Jonghyun, "has a major crush on me." He winked at the male across from him and placed his hand on his knee, causing Jonghyun to tense under his touch. Jonghyun busied himself by fiddling with his fingers under the intense feline stare the younger was giving him. He pulled on Jonghyun's chin to look at him. His face was teasing and his mouth was curled in a smirk. "Don't you?" Key's eyebrow raised up and he waited for an answer. When he got none, he opened his mouth in a silent 'ah'. "I'll take that as a yes. You're so cute!" Key pinched Jonghyun's cheek with his free hand.

     Jonghyun couldn't muster a word and just stared at the sassy male. He noticed for the first time, while he was staring at him, his lips. They were soft looking and a perfect shade of light pink. They parted slightly as a darker shade of pink shot out. The muscle wet his lips and glossed them over with salivia. Jonghyun thought that his mouth must taste sweet, like the fruity drink he just drank a few minutes ago. Then again, he himself is probably pretty sweet to taste. 

     As soon as Jonghyun realized he had been staring too long, he turned his head away to drink from his coffee to avoid awkward eye contact. He dipped his top lip and a bit of his nose right into the whip cream that decorated the top. He pulled away and swallowed the frozen drink and set down his cup, he noticed Kibum was staring intently at him. His eyebrows furrowed. Key swiped his nose with his forefinger, motioning for him to wipe the white off his face. Jonghyun just looked even more confused. Key gained a predatorial look in his eyes before doing something quite drastic.

     He stood up from his chair and leaned towards the other. Then in one swift motion, he grabbed his face and softly pressed his lips against his. He opened his mouth enough to slip his bottom lip in between Jonghyun's lips, which stayed perfectly still. Jonghyun hadn't been expecting this or anything even closely related to anything like this. He just stayed stiff, without even blinking or showing any sign or emotion. After a few seconds though, he started to melt from the kiss. His tight grip on Key's arm loosening and eventually slipping down the rest of his arm, carressing it softly and lovingly. He let his eyes close and he opened his mouth more and responded to Kibum. He had not explanation as to why Key, the man he had met not even thirty minutes, had kissed him voluntarily. But frankly, he didn't care about the why, just the how and the what.

     Like, how was Key this good at kissing a stranger? And what has he, Kim Jonghyun, done to deserve this reward? He soon felt Key's tongue as it left his own mouth to trail across his top lip and right above into the line of his philtrum, causing the older to shudder. His mouth left Jonghyun's before the tip of his nose. Key giggled at Jonghyun's child-like personality and sighed.

"You had some whip cream on your face. I couldn't resist." Key said, smiling. Key winked and started to leave with his smoothie in hand. But his wrist was grabbed and he was smushed back against the older's body, lips colliding once again. But this time, instead Key and the delicious sweet treat from Jonghyun's lip and nose, they actually kissed, for real. Jonghyun took control as Kibum was still trying to react. He moved his lips against the smaller ones, urging them to respond. To do something to show he was enjoying it as much as Jonghyun. Key kissed him back, allowing the older to dominate him.

     Jonghyun felt slim arms encircle his neck as thin fingers laced through his brown locks and pulled him closer. He let his own hands grab the small of Kibum's back, feeling the curve of his figure. He tugged at the boy's lower lip, encouraging him to allow him access to the hot wet cavern that was his delicious mouth. Key happily opened his lips and felt Jonghyun's tongue snake in his mouth, slowly, exploring every surface. He could taste the coffee on his tongue mixed with his own fruity flavored mouth. The combo lit his tastebuds on fire, it was the best thing he had tasted in a long time. After a while though, the two had swapped enough spit, that neither could distinguish the difference in taste between each other's mouths.

      They seperated, both flushed and panting. They looked at each other in the eyes, just looking and smiling after they caught their breaths. Jonghyun chuckled and broke the silence, "Sorry, but... You tasted way too good the first time for me to let you go that easily." He pulled the other in for an embrace and the younger let his face nuzzle into the crook of Jonghyun's neck. "This has been the weirdest morning of my life. Why didn't I sit here the first time?" He chuckled into Key's hair.

"I'm not sure this isn't the weirdest morning I've ever had, but it has certainly been the best." He responded. 

"So. Tomorrow morning?" Jonghyun raised his eyebrows, "Same place? Same time?" He smiled. 

     Key laughed, shook his head, muttered that he had to leave for work and pushed himself away from the muscled, toned chest he enjoyed being pressed to. He waved to Jonghyun on his way out and blew a kiss. Jonghyun stared at the door for a while, as if waiting for the blonde to return. He sighed, turned around, grabbed his jacket and coffee before walking to exit the shop. Krystal stopped him though.

"Don't worry, he'll be back tomorrow morning. He always does." She winked and added, "He actually comes here everyday at the same time as you. I was wondering when you two would finally meet." She jokingly placed her finger to her cheek and looked at the ceiling in "thought". She laughed and poked Jonghyun in the chest. She stepped aside to allow him to pass, but not without giving him a knowing look.

     He stepped outside and turned to look at the door again. He stared at the logo. 

The Key of Coffee.

     Key plus coffee was a wonderful combination. His grandmother was certainly correct about that. He already anticipated the next morning, eager to see his Key again. Him and Key had only known each other for half an hour, yet he felt like he had known him for years more than that. 

    Love worked in beautiful ways.


A/N: Yay! Jongkey! I love this couple SO freaking much! If you liked it and want more stories from me, please comment, subscribe, and upvote. Thx so much!^^