Finding Our Emotions

Which Boy is About Love?

 

Changjo and Miri looked at each other. She put her hands over her lips; still processing that they just shared a kiss. “…I’m sorry.” Changjo blurted out; still not breaking eye contact with Miri. She moved her hands then rubbed her lips together, gathering the taste of Changjo’s lips. Her fingers tapped the arms of the chair and she sighed.

“Can we… leave?” she whispered to him.

“Me and you?” Changjo sat up at her words with his eyes wide open.

“Ye-wait, not like that. Not… not me and you going somewhere but actually leaving the building right now.” Miri explained herself.

“Oh, uhm…” he turns to look at the clock hanging on the wall. “We can’t leave until at least 5:30 since we did just get here unless… it’s an emergency.” He looked at her and could tell she was uncomfortable. Miri felt that it was an emergency. No matter how much she loved the touch of his soft lips against hers, that wasn’t supposed to happen.

“Okay… well, we have until next Wednesday for this right?” she asked him and he replied with a nod. She let out a sigh as she continued to her lips, remembering how Changjo tasted again. He watched her closely and blushed at her actions. “This is… really awkward now…” her hands held the paper tightly. She started to feel herself sweat. Miri took her blazer off then leaned against the table with her head down.

“…was it a bad kiss?” Changjo said softly as he messed around on the computer.

“No…” she turned her head to face him whilst her head rested on her arms. “It was great.” Changjo looked at her to see her smiling. He squeezed the mouse firmly to stop himself from kissing her again.

“If you liked it, then why are you looking uncomfortable?”

“Because… because it wasn’t supposed to happen. We’re not allowed to do things like… like that.”

“Why? The school didn’t say anything about not kissing on the school grounds.”

“It’s just… it was bad and a spur of the moment thing. When two people sing together like that, they get caught in the moment…”

“…and then they kiss each other? Not everyone does that.” He turns his chair to face her. Miri’s face was a rosy pink again as she looked at him.

“But we did it and it wasn’t supposed to happen. It’s a bad thing.”

“If you liked it so much, why are you against it?”

“Because! We just met and… and, and, and we can’t go around kissing each other! We have to keep this a secret. Don’t tell anybody what happened.” Miri stumbles over each word she says with slight embarrassment.

“I won’t.” Changjo rubbed her forearm. She looked up at him and met his gaze. “I promise.” They stared at each other again; longingly. ‘He is really cute…’ she thought as they continued to stare. Without any hesitation, their bodies moved closer and closer; filling up the gap again. They knew what they were doing this time. She really wanted to kiss him again without being hypnotized by any music. Changjo’s knees lightly pressed against Miri’s as the space between them was filled. ‘Do I want to do this…? I don’t want to lead him on but… I really want to kiss him.’ She thought adoringly. When her hands lightly touched his face, Changjo closed his eyes and thought, ‘Am I dreaming? Is she really going to kiss me?’ his lips parted a little when Miri’s breathed tickled them. She started to shake as she got closer when Changjo, leaned up to connect their lips. A small whimper escaped into his mouth from her, making him slide his hand to the back of her head and hold it firmly in place as they both deepened the kiss.

Changjo slowly let his tongue fall inside of , meeting her tongue for the first time. Miri’s mind was empty and only focused on Changjo’s mouth. His fingers meddled with each strain of her hair whilst he pulled her into him a little closer; causing her tongue to fully dominate his. She went to stand, not breaking the kiss, to sit down on top of his right leg. Changjo’s hands slowly traced down her shoulders to her waist, pulling her in a bit closer as her arms wrapped around his neck. The heat between them grew stronger and stronger. Just as Miri’s fingertips travelled down to his collarbone they heard approaching footsteps. Quickly, they broke the make out session and Miri jumped back into her chair and swiveled around. The Professor opened the door to see them both facing forward. “How is everything going in here?” They remained silent to the Professor’s question as they were still trying to catch their breath from the intense make out session.

“It’s going well Seunseng-nim.” Changjo spoke up through his small pants that were ceasing quickly.

“Good, good. Don’t work too hard.” The Professor said as he closed the door shut and walked away; they both heard his footsteps fading away from their ears. Changjo his lips and felt ‘Changjo Jr.’ standing up through his pants; waiting for the encore. ‘Of course…’ he said in his mind, letting out a sigh. He crossed his legs, hoping that that will stop the blood from rushing to his manhood and somewhere else throughout his body. Miri couldn’t even look him in the eye after she let her hormones get the best of her. She ran her fingers through her hair as she looked down at her feet thinking, ‘I can’t believe we made out… this is completely not like me.’ Changjo looked over at her as he watched her struggle with what it looked like; guilt for kissing him.

“…should we record the song later?” Changjo managed to say after sitting there silently for 15 minutes.

“Uhm… yeah…” she mumbled under her breath with a small nod. When she looked over at him, she saw how red he was; thinking about whether he was as much as she was. “I’m going to get something to drink.” She said lowly whilst swinging the chair around and walking toward the door. Changjo turned around to look at her to say something but she had already left. Miri was distraught; she couldn’t take her mind off of how well Changjo was at kissing. ‘Maybe he kissed me because he likes me…’ she thought as she walked through the hall, approaching the vendor machine. ‘His lips were really soft… and I could feel his emotions behind the kiss but I didn’t know if it was lust… or love.’ She continued to ponder as she stood in front of the vendor machine staring at it as if it were a mirror. Changjo looked down at his hands and rings remembering how smooth Miri’s skin was against his palms. He wanted to do more than just kiss her when she sat on his lap. He stared into the computer monitor, looking at the rest of the music he wanted to sing with Miri. The longer it took her to come back to the room, the more he started to think she felt guilty for her actions. “That’s it.” He said angrily as he rose from his seat and out of the room.

He looked left and right to see if he saw her. One of the students was walking by and he stopped him. “Have you seen Miri? She’s about 5’3, has curly brown hair.”

“Yeah, she’s right around the corner staring at the vendor machine. Go this way.” The boy points to the left. “I just came from there.”

“Thank you.” Changjo jogged down the long corridor until he reached its end. When he stopped, he saw her small figure standing in front of the vendor machine as if she fell asleep standing up. His heart started beating rapidly as he made his way closer to her. When she turned around to see who was approaching her, her cheeks turned a rosy pink; reliving the hot moment they shared together.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t even ask you if you wanted anything to drink before I left.” She said with a small chuckle, trying to act normal.

“You’ve been standing here for a while now… what’s wrong?” he lifted his hand to touch her but drew it back; he didn’t want to make matters worse.

“I don’t know why I did that… It’s not like me to… to…” she lowered her voice, “…to make out with someone I don’t know…” she looked down at her feet.

“We both did it. You don’t have to feel bad for something you wanted to do.” His voice was tender as he walked a little closer to talk a little lower even though they were alone in the big lobby of the auditorium. “I know you liked it just as much as I did…” he whispered to her.

She bit her lip and closed her eyes to stop herself from saying anything erted, “I-I-I know, but me liking it or wanting to do it isn’t the problem.”

“What is?”

“I don’t want to look like those desperate little girls that follow you around all the time that want to be under you; literally. I’m not like that. I want to get to know someone first before taking any big steps forward.” She explained then turned to look up at him. “I don’t want you to think that I’m easy.”

“I don’t think that of you at all. I never did. We kissed and it just… things happen that we can’t control sometimes.” He put his hands on her shoulders. “We’re friends and as friends we do some things that are… out there that test us; this was one of those moments. Don’t over think it.” He smiled at her sweetly then pointed to the machine. “Let’s get something to drink and get some work done okay?” Changjo nudged her to make her crack a smile which easily worked. Miri was happy that he didn’t think or see her as one of those groupie girls. But one thing was for sure, she couldn’t tell anyone about what happened in the studio room. What happens in the studio stays in the studio.

ღღღ

When Miri got home, she was exhausted. It was already 7:30 PM and she still didn’t work on any of her homework. She decided to take a shower and lay down to relax after a rather interesting day that she spent with Changjo. The last thing she wanted to do was look out of her bedroom window to see his face or see him in a towel again. Since her and Changjo ate dinner together, she didn’t have to worry about making anything. She put her phone down on the coffee table and thought, ‘I might just sleep on the couch tonight’ whilst she lay down on her back; relaxing her right arm over her eyes. ‘I need to rest my eyes for 5 minutes before I do anything else” she said out loud to herself whilst letting a deep exhale of breath leave her body. Her eyes slowly closed and her mind began to wonder yet again.

A loud knock disturbed Miri’s resting. When she got up, she was furious but wondered who could be coming to her house at this hour. “Who is… it…” her voice went soft as she swung open the door to see Changjo standing behind it.

“How do you know my apartment number?” she asked him curiously.

“I asked the receptionist at the front. May I come in?” he asked politely. Miri nodded and moved aside. He stepped out of his slippers then looked around her living room.

“It’s very quaint and dainty in here. It’s very… very you; I like it.” He smiled at her as she turned around.

“Thank you…” she nodded and bowed slowly. She watched him as he walked in closer to her; gently resting his hands on her hips. Her eyes widened as he moved in closer and closer, “What are you doing?” she whispered to him. “Finishing what we started in the studio.” He attacked her lips violently, remembering how her lips taste. Miri couldn’t stop him and she didn’t want to. In her mind she knew this was going to be wrong but her body wanted more of him after the studio. She held his neck, lightly rubbing her thumbs beneath his earlobes as he made the kiss deeper by opening his mouth and on Miri’s bottom lip. She let her tongue slither its way into his mouth. Both of their tongues rubbed violently together, making Changjo squeeze her hips. He started walking backwards towards the couch. He broke the kiss to lay Miri on her back. While she watched him his lips and slowly straddle her, she said to herself ‘I can’t believe… this is happening…’ as Changjo looked her body up and down.

He stared at the exposed flesh between her tank top and thin pajama pants. His eyes worked up her torso, scanning her body. He noticed as he made it up to the bust, she wasn’t wearing a bra. Changjo’s eyes looked at the perky s that were sporting hard s. His fingertips lingered up her sides as he leaned down to continue the make out session. Miri rubbed his forearms and held onto his biceps whilst they flexed as he leaned down closer. He wanted to see a little more of her body. Slowly, he backed away from her and sat up straight on top of her. Using both hands on each side of her, he lifted up her tank top. Miri’s breathing became heavier and heavier as his warm palms touched her body. He stopped when his thumbs touched the exposed bottom part of her s and he rubbed them slowly. Miri let a small moan leave her lips, making Changjo readjust himself on top of her. Instead of straddling her, he rested in between her legs.

Changjo’s tongue her chest up to her neck and started to on it; not hard enough to leave a mark but enough to turn her on a bit more. Miri took one of her hands in his, locking fingers tightly and squeezed as her eyes closed. He took her other hand and locked fingers with hers. He rested their hands on the arm of the couch, above Miri’s head whilst he looked her deep in her eyes as he rubbed himself against her. She cried out a small whimper. Changjo muffled her cries as he went to kiss her again. “Keep your arms here…” he said deep and full of lust. She looked up to see him let go of her hand. He rubbed down her thigh and bent her left leg at the knee a little. He again hovered over her body as his right hand made its way down her pants.

Miri’s phone buzzed against the table loudly, snapping her out of her small dream. She looked around her apartment as if she were in a different place. Miri swung her legs to the side of the couch and sat up, picking up her phone. She put it next to her and rubbed her face at the fact she practically had a wet dream about Changjo. After the realization kicked in, she looked down at her phone to see a text from L. Joe. She sat up straight and held the phone in front of her face and read the text that said, “Did Music Theory go well today with Changjo? Music Composition will be better with me. Jal ja. ♥♥♥♥” she sighed heavily when she read it. Miri threw the phone back on the table and went over to her backpack to start her homework.

ღღღ

When Miri got to school, she barely talked to Changjo or anyone else for that matter. She couldn’t look him in the eye after the second dream she had about him; not the first wet dream she had but the second one when she fully settled down to sleep and nothing interrupted her. Her mind was in complete control and she had with Changjo in her dream. She didn’t know what to do when she saw him. While she sat in music class, already done with her pop quiz on playing a certain melody on the keyboard, her phone vibrated in her blazer pocket. She took her phone out and sat her hands in her lap to see who it was. ‘Of course Changjo would text me…’ she sighed heavily.

 

Changjo: Why didn’t you talk to me today?

Miri: I wasn’t in the mood to talk.

Changjo: Every morning we always talk… you didn’t even tell me good morning.

Miri: Good morning, Changjo.

Changjo: Don’t be like that. -_- Seriously, what’s wrong? Is about us making out?

Miri: No… it has nothing to do with that.

Changjo: Tell me this; is it something I’ve done?

Miri: …Not really. I just had a weird dream about you… :/

Changjo: I had a weird dream about you too.

Changjo: Was it… ual?

 

Miri’s eyes widened when she saw the word “ual.” She didn’t like lying about something that really happened but… she didn’t want to come off like a ert. She looked around to see if the Professor was still walking around testing everyone in the class and he was. ‘Here goes nothing…’ she muttered under her breath.

 

Miri: Yeah… it was. >.< please don’t think I’m a ert…

Changjo: I don’t think you’re a ert at all. I mean, I dreamt about you ually too. How could I call you ert when I did it too? ㅋㅋㅋ­ㅋ

Miri: That’s true… but I feel a little better that I told you. -_-

Changjo: I’m glad you feel better. I know it was a ual dream, but in yours, did we exactly… you know…

Miri: …yes. >.< didn’t you do that with me too in your dream?

Changjo: Well… yeah… I thought yours could have been different. I didn’t think girls dreamt that way.

Miri: Girls think about guys ually too. Why do you think your groupies are always all over you? They want to do nasty things with you.

Changjo: The girls I know told me they don’t think that way… I can see noona thinks differently. ;) ㅋㅋㅋ­ㅋㅋㅋㅋ­ㅋㅋㅋㅋ­ㅋ

Miri: Changjo-ssi thinks naughty about his noona~ ㅋㅋㅋ­ㅋㅋㅋㅋ­ㅋㅋㅋㅋ­ㅋㅋㅋㅋ­ㅋ

Changjo: That’s because noona is really pretty and kisses well.

Miri: Noona can do a lot of things well… ;)

Changjo: ㅋㅋㅋ­ㅋㅋ don’t talk that way, we’re in school.

 

Miri couldn’t believe she was talking dirty with Changjo. She hid her face behind her hands when she felt her face turning more and more pink, remembering exactly what happened in her dream. Her hormones were really starting to get to her. Even though she was 18 and he is 17, its but a part of her didn’t care about that; to her it was y to see Changjo in that light. Her phone vibrated against her thighs. She looked up to make sure the Professor was still testing the last student. The text said, ‘You nasty, damn and I know it. I can tell by the way you grab that hose and hold it. It’s something that you miss. Girl I could be your fix. I’m just your neighbor girl ;)’ Miri’s mouth dropped. Not only was the text in English but the fact that he recited a dirty line from Travis Garland’s song ‘Neighbor.’ She didn’t know what to do. She even thought about skipping out on arts and craft class to not see Changjo after that. This was borderline getting out of hand.

Miri went straight to her last class and didn’t bother waiting for Ji Na this time. She wanted to get there as fast as possible. She bowed to the Professor when she walked in. “Be sure to put your hair up and put something over your shirt. I have aprons for you to not mess up your pants.” Miri nodded and took one, wrapping it around her waist. She already had pants on since wearing a skirt would be out of the question when at the wheel trying to make a pot. She walked back to her locker when she heard, “You’re here before me? You move fast.” She looked to her right to see L. Joe smiling then walking passed the lockers. Miri tied her hair back into a high ponytail then put on her hoodie. As she was stepping out from the lockers, she saw Changjo talking with one of the guys in the class. He looked up and waved at Miri innocently. She didn’t want to be rude; she waved back whilst she walked over to the table.

“Unnie, are you feeling better now that you ate lunch?” Ji Na waved her hands in Miri’s face as she looked at Changjo.

“Oh, yeah I’m alright.”

“You sound lost in your thoughts.” L. Joe said calmly as he put the clay down on the table and started massaging her shoulders. Miri cringed at first to his touch.

“What are you doing hyung?” Changjo looked at L. Joe with slight confusion.

“Massaging her stress away.” L. Joe said with a smile. He watched Changjo’s face make an angry like expression on his face as he sat down. He wanted to say something but thought he’d talk to him in private about it later.

“Y-Y-Y-You can stop…” she lightly tapped L. Joe’s shoulders and he sat down.

“Do you feel better now?” L. Joe and Miri stared at each other as if Miri didn’t know what he said. She didn’t see him wearing a beanie today and glasses. ‘He looks really cute like that…’ she thought. Changjo slammed his hands on the table; ending the long gaze L. Joe and Miri shared.

“Well, we should get ready to go to the wheel!” Changjo yelled, making everyone in the room look at him. He turned around to look at the professor and waited for him to talk. “We’re going to be working on the wheel today. However is working with the pedal, be sure not to press down to hard or the clay will go flying and that’s the last thing you want since… I’ll make you start over. Now, to the other room.” The Professor said as everyone followed him into another room filled with different kinds of art in the room. Miri and L. Joe walked over to a wheel.

“Do you want to do the pedaling?” he asked her, pointing to the seat.

“Yeah, I’ll do it since I know what I’m doing.” She rolled up her sleeves and sat down. When she sat down, she looked up and saw Changjo next to her. He grinned as he pulled up his sleeves. Miri blushed and looked away; remembering his dirty mindedness. She pulled away some clue out of the bag and put it in the middle of the wheel then looked at L. Joe.

“Are you ready?” she asked him as she blew her bangs out of her face. He nodded then leaned over to her. Naturally she pulled away and sat up straight.

“Come here, I’m going to pin your bangs back.”

“We can’t do it over the clay, it’ll mess up that pottery.” She exclaimed while pointing at the clay. L. Joe proceeded to stand up and pulled a hair pin out of his pocket. Whilst he gently pulled her bangs back, Ji Na and Changjo both watched on. Ji Na giggled at how cute the two looked in that moment. Changjo rolled his eyes and looked at Ji Na.

“Yah, Ji Na! Let’s start!” he said harshly to her through gritted teeth.

Miri could feel Changjo’s jealousy. It made her feel good in a way that someone was actually jealous of her. L. Joe sat back down across from her and put her hands around the clay then stepped on the peddle lightly to start the wheel. L. Joe watched as she formed a medium sized bowl. She moved her hands then pointed to the clay.

“Put your hands around the clay.” She told L. Joe. He did what she said and put his hands around the pot she formed. She put her hands over his and started to move them up and down slowly on the clay. “You move your hands up and down like this to make a vase like pot.” He looks up at her in amazement.

“You do pottery really well.” He said with a smile then refocused on the clay.

“Thank you.” She smiled with a little giggle. “If you just want to make a regular pot, then you move your hands down like this to lower the clay.” She moves his hands down slowly and nods to her words.

“Ohhhh, I think I understand. What happens if you add more clay?” he looks up at her.

“You have to gradually add it little by little. If you throw it on there, it could mess you up really badly.” She nods then takes a little more clay from the bag and places it under L. Joe’s right hand. “You see how it becomes a bit thicker when you add it? Be sure to move your hands when adding clay.” She says happily when she rests her hands over L. Joe’s again. Changjo watched with frustration at them touching hands. Ji Na leaned in more and whispered to him, “Don’t get jealous~ they have to touch hands.” She moved her eyes to make sure L. Joe and Miri didn’t hear her.

“I’m not jealous of L. Joe hyung and Miri noona! I know they have to work together.”

“Why you are you all fussy then and keep looking at them?”

“I’m not fussy!” he says loud enough for Miri to turn her head. They both looked at each other. It felt as though time stood still whenever their eyes connected. Miri looked away as she started to remember her dream. She looked up at L. Joe and continued working with him. Changjo mumbled curses under his breath whilst he continued working with Ji Na.

ღღღ

Miri went straight to the girl’s locker room in the gymnasium to change out of the clothes she wore for arts class. She couldn’t wrap her mind around the fact that she made out with Changjo. No matter how hard she would think of other things, the image of kissing him would always pop in her head. As she made her way out of the locker room, she heard small chatter from the girls in homeroom that drool over L. Joe’s every step.

“Have you heard that L. Joe oppa has a thing for Miri?”

“Miri?! The girl from New York?”

“She’s from Korea but yes, her. Oppa was talking to C.A.P oppa about it. He said that they were going to go on a date Saturday and was really nervous.”

“Omo, she’s so lucky~”

‘L. Joe has a thing for me?’ thought Miri as she continued to walk out of the gymnasium. When she walked into the music room of the main building of the school, she bowed to the professor as she took her usual seat that she sits in during school hours. Every now and then she would look up from her phone to wave at the various students that said hi to her.

“Hey, Miri right now?” said a tall boy leaning back on his chair looking at Miri. She nodded and tilted her head; feeling as though she remembered his face.

“Are you… Minsoo?”

“People call me CAP but yeah, that’s me. You were in music theory right? I remember seeing you with Changjo.” He pointed at her with a smile.

“Yeah… we’re good friends.” She said through a completely fake smile, trying to not see the image of the studio in her mind.

“L. Joe talks about you a lot. He said you were really y.” He said through a smirk.

“Yah! Hyung, stop telling her false things!” L. Joe yells at him as he sits down next to Miri. “Don’t listen to him.”

“He was saying how nice your thighs are and-“ L. Joe leaned over the table and pushed CAP up to sit probably in the chair whilst he was laughing. He mumbled something to him in CAP’s ear. Miri tried to listen in on what he was saying but she couldn’t make out what any of the words were. He sat back down as he released a deep sigh through his gritted teeth.

“Don’t listen to him…” L. Joe whispered with his hand over his mouth.

“You think I’m y?” Miri said with shock and her hand over .

“Did he tell you that?” he pointed to CAP’s back and Miri nodded. L. Joe broke eye contact and looked forward at the professor who was talking. Miri stared at him then leaned forward.

“So…?”

“So what?” he spat at her quickly, not looking at her.

“Do you think I’m y?” she said frustrated that he remained silent and didn’t answer her question. L. Joe wanted to say yes but he held himself back from saying it. ‘She is really y… and smart and knows a lot of things’ he thought to himself as he watching the professor teach. Miri picked up her pen and opened her notebook then wrote down on it, “Why can’t you answer the question?” she poked his arm with the pen and he looked over at her whilst she pushed the notebook closer to him. He looked down at the question then wrote down, “y isn’t the right word to describe your appearance.” Miri looked over at his sentence and wrote right under it, saying, ‘What does then?’ L. Joe looked at the notebook for a second, tapping his pencil against the paper. She could see the wheels turning in his head as he didn’t take his eyes off the paper.

“Look away while I write it…” he whisper to Miri. She sighed then looked up at the professor as he continued to explain how to write lyrics probably for a song. L. Joe glanced at her to make sure he wasn’t being watched. He started writing on the paper and covered it with his hand. “Hey, look.” He said softly as Miri looked at his hand then he lifted it up. Her eyes widen when she saw it and looked up at him.

“Beautiful?” she said shyly as he nodded with an embarrassed smile. He looked up at her hair and noticed she still had his hair pin in her hair still.

“You’re beautiful. I’m not just saying that either; I mean it.” He smiles when he looks at her then looks forward. Miri turned the familiar rosy pink again and thought, ‘Byunghun thinks I’m beautiful…’ she giggled behind her hands and smiled.

“I’m going to take you home.” L. Joe said persistently.

“You don’t need to take me home. I’ll be fine!”

L. Joe points up to the moon and the darkness in the sky. “It’s 9:00 PM and you want to roam around alone in a skirt?! What if you get attacked?! I’m taking you home!” he grabbed her arm and pulled her in the direction to the bus stop.

“YAH! I can take care of myself!” she yelled at his back as he continued to drag her. “Let me go god damn it!” she forcefully snatched her arm out of his grasp. He swiftly turned around to look at her.

“Give me your hand.”

“No! I’m not a child! I can walk normally. Why are you being so over protective of me?” her tone was wicked as she spoke to him. He didn’t respond to her question. Instead, he continued to walk to the bus stop. Miri walked up to his side and walked in unison with him. ‘I’m over protective of you because I think I like you…’ he thought to himself as he dug his hands in his pockets. As they were walking up, the bus was also driving up. Miri looked through the windows to only see no one was on it. L. Joe and Miri would be alone on the whole ride to her place. She stepped on the bus and sat down. L. Joe followed her and sat next to her. They both sat quietly until L. Joe slowly put his left arm behind Miri to rest on the top of the seat.

“Why are you doing this? You live in the complete opposite direction of me…” she looked up at him.

“I told you, I wanted to make sure you got home safely.”

“…thank you.” She said softly as she continued to look at him as he looked out the window from the other side of the bus. Sleepiness was slowly starting to weigh down her eyes. Miri yawned quietly as her eyes closed. Her body stayed right up until a sharp turn caused her to fall onto L. Joe’s chest. He sharply turned to see her fast asleep on him. His heart started pacing faster and faster whilst he scrambled on what to do. He moved his arm to around Miri and rubbed her arm slowly. ‘Why am I doing this?!’ he watched as his arm moved on its own without thinking at all. L. Joe started to blush as she shifted in her sleep.

When the bus stopped at her stop, he moved his arm and nudged her. “Hey… Miri-ah… wake up…” he whispered in her ear. Miri woke up from the tender voice in her ear and rubbed her face tiredly. L. Joe picked up her backpack along with his own and followed Miri to the outside of her apartment building. He looked at the other building and pointed to it.

“Changjo lives across the street from you?” he asked her as she nodded.

“Yeah… I see him every morning.” She says through another long yawn as L. Joe handed over her backpack. While he followed behind her to the door of the building, he said out loud, “That lucky bastard…” with slight anger. Miri turned around with her eyes wide open.

“What…?”

“What?”

“You said ‘that lucky bastard’… were you referring to…”

“No.” he shouted out loudly before she could say Changjo. She nodded and looked down.

“Well, I’m going to go in now… thank you again for taking me home…” she smiled softly with a small bow.

“It’s not a problem. Jal ja…” L. Joe said sweetly with a smile making Miri blush.

“Jal ja…” she couldn’t move. Her feet were stuck to the ground staring at L. Joe. He chuckled as he watched her stammer.

“Go inside Miri-ah.” He said through his laugh. She nodded and pushed the door open then waved at the receptionist. L. Joe watched through the two glass doors as she walked up the stairs and then walked inside when she disappeared. He stopped at the receptionist and smiled at her.

“Hi, can I leave something here for Kyun Mi Ri?” he asked politely.

“Yes, you can. I will make sure she receives it in the morning.” The woman said orderly. L. Joe swung his backpack in front of him and looked around. He pulled out a rectangular box that was neatly wrapped with a red bow on top.

He took out a note and tucked it under the bow. “Tell her Lee Byunghun sent her this.” The receptionist nodded with a smile. L. Joe left the building with a smile as he walked to the bus stop and waited for the next bus.