Final

Cooking Sparks

Yongguk thought he was still dreaming when he found Jieun in their dorm that New Year morning, trapped nicely in the small kitchen. Her hands were busy working on things and piles of chopped carrots, onions, flour, leek and other ingredients were seen around.

She made a turn to meet him in his trunks and wives-beater, his hair messy and face a clear trace of pillow. Jieun smiled.

“Go wash yourself and wake the kids afterward.”

He was always slow in moving and especially talking, so the question of ‘how on earth you are cooking in our kitchen this early morning’ couldn’t come out. Instead, following her instruction, he strolled to the only bathroom, taking time to absorb the reality. Some warm feelings spread inside him.

At the time he walked out of the bathroom, Zelo and Jongup were standing awkwardly beside her. Their group was consisted of timid boys; even the talkative Himchan was included. Yongguk reckoned they must be feeling uneasy (though thankful) at thought of her cooking for them.

“Jongup-ah, go wash, Junhong too.”

They bowed low at Jieun before marching off together.

“Cute aren’t they?” Jieun said, sounding more like declaring rather than asking him.

He nodded silently and approached her. There was sound of opened door and Daehyun appeared rather breathless.

“Oh, Hyung, you woke up already.” He said, glancing to Yongguk. His right hand was clutching on a white plastic bag.

“Daehyun-ah, did you get everything?”

“Ne, Noona.”

Daehyun went to Jieun, taking out ham, eggs, spices and sauces. She smiled widely and patted him on the shoulder as a grateful gesture. Yongguk cleared his throat and told Daehyun to wake Youngjae and Himchan.
They were left alone in the kitchen. Junhong and Jongup were probably still inside the bathroom (they only had one, so there were times when they used it together) or had left back to the bedroom. He couldn’t take notice while Jieun was only a half meter away.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because the kids can’t go home despite today being a holiday.” She answered, fully understood what he meant with that question.

Bang Yongguk had always said on broadcast and interview that Song Jieun was a kind-hearted girl. She really was.

“Jieun-ah.” He called out, she looked up.

In a second, Yongguk collected all the composure and shyness of his and put it away as he pulled Jieun into a hug and intimate kiss.

Himchan was babbling in the background when they let go of each other, complaining at Daehyun for waking him and at the smell of burning onion.

 

 

A/N:

My first Yongguk/Jieun fanfiction. Super short, random and cheesy, isn't it?