Problem...

Kyu+Mi=?

 

Kyuhyun had always been kind of a loner.  It never really bothered him because he figured one person would be easier to please, especially if that one person was him.  The odds of making himself happy were definitely greater than the odds of someone else making him happy, so he knew that it would be better for him to be alone, mathematically speaking.  Kyuhyun plus no one would always equal Kyuhyun.  That was just the way he liked it.
 
But Kyuhyun also liked the way Zhou Mi moved.  He liked the way Zhou Mi’s mouth formed the sounds of his name, the way Zhou Mi’s hips swung as long legs carried the beautiful man closer to him, the way Zhou Mi’s slender fingers slid from a flawless face to inches from his hands.  Kyuhyun knew these thoughts weren’t rational, and if he really thought about them carefully, most of them would be imaginary.  It didn’t really stop him from thinking them, though.  After all, they were just imaginary.  Something bad would come along to cancel them out, and Kyuhyun would still equal Kyuhyun. 
 
He had never thought to add Zhou Mi to the equation.  It was just something that did not exist.  Well, maybe it existed somewhere in the safe domain of his thoughts, but it never really touched the realm of reality.  Kyuhyun imagined there was a fine line between what was real and what was not.  That was the asymptote.  Kyuhyun plus Zhou Mi thoughts would run all the way up that line, but it never touched it.  It certainly would never cross it.  Since Kyuhyun lived in the real world, he never once considered it as a possibility.  At least, not out loud.
 
That was until he saw two names added together on a crumpled piece of notebook paper.  He recognized the first name instantly, since it belonged to him.  The second name caught him off-guard a bit.  It was the name of a certain long-legged Chinese man.  Kyuhyun took note of the use of a pink gel pen and the many hearts that occupied the space around the two names.  He stared at the paper in confusion as a thought popped in his head.  
 
If there was one thing Kyuhyun knew, it was mathematics.  First rule of mathematics, don’t write in pen.  Second rule of mathematics, solve the problem.  Looking down at the note in hand, he realized that it broke both rules.  The writer was very confident that Cho Kyuhyun plus Zhou Mi equals something.  He believed that the writer knew but was withholding information.  What did Cho Kyuhyun plus Zhou Mi equal?  He had to find out.  He carefully folded the paper and stuck it in his pocket.  He could feel his lips twitching into something that resembled a smile as his legs followed a path to find a certain Chinese man.  He didn’t have to go very far.
 
“Mi, I need to talk to you about something,”  Kyuhyun said when he very literally bumped into his target.  
 
After Zhou Mi nodded, Kyuhyun continued.  “I found this note,” he said while he reached for the letter in his pocket, “And I was wondering if you could help me solve this.”
 
Upon realization, Zhou Mi blushed.  So he is the writer, Kyuhyun thought to himself.  This was just too perfect.  He looked around for some negative imaginary thoughts or words to fill up this moment.  He was looking behind him when a voice distracted him.  
 
“W-what is there to solve?” Zhou Mi asked sheepishly.  He kept his head down looking at the note, the floor, his shoes…anything but Kyuhyun.
 
Kyuhyun cocked his head to the side and stared at the handsome male in front of him.  Then he smiled.  He relished the way it felt on his face when he explained, “The math isn’t done.  What does it equal?  I was hoping you could tell me because I’m not really familiar with all of these variables.”
 
Zhou Mi turned the most beautiful shade of red.  His eyes were now fixated on the pink hearts that surrounded his and Kyuhyun’s name.  “I think that it equals love…”
 
Kyuhyun smiles and lifts Zhou Mi’s head so that he can look into those dark beautiful eyes.  This wasn’t imaginary.  Maybe they could cross the asymptote, maybe they could exist to infinity.  He closed the space in between and wondered if one plus one really did equal two.  When soft lips brushed against his, he thought that maybe one plus one equaled one.  When he felt arms pulling him closer, he thought that maybe he shouldn’t be thinking about math anymore.  When he heard his name in the voice he loved, he thought that maybe Zhou Mi was right.  Cho Kyuhyun plus Zhou Mi does equal love.